shape
carat
color
clarity

what are your other bad spending habits (besides buying jewelry ) ?....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
What is better Bare Minerals, Bare Escentuals or Sheer Cover? Don''t know what the difference is. I would love to try it out. Help!?

Love to spend on products...Estee Lauder, Shiseido, Origins, L''Occitane.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Man there''s a lot of money being poured into our economy in this thread alone!!!!!!!!! LOL

I adore Coach handbags (small one''s as I don''t carry much). I''ve been very lucky this past year because my American Express points allowed me to get my Coach purses for free. Unfortunately, at the end of the year they stopped the gift certificates
emcry.gif
. $1,200 for a LV purse? Geez, that kind of freaks me out! Don''t get me wrong...I love it...but I would definately have buyer''s remorse if I spent that much.

I guess a big expense of ours is like a lot of other''s here...EATING OUT! I''m so glad to know we''re not the only silly one''s that are constantly at some restaurant or another! I enjoy buying all of those kitchen gadgets. I feel like I "have to have" them but I don''t use them too much. Now my kitchen is so full that I don''t have room for any more stuff....again whaaa
emcry.gif
!!!! Although my plan this week is to buy a panini maker so that I can make a cuban sandwich called a Media Noche (midnight sandwich). Where am I going to put it? I don''t know but I''m going to get it anyway!!!!
9.gif

As far as make up and clothes...I don''t wear much make up so I just buy that at Target. And clothes...I like INC and all of my dress pants (yes, I''m one of those black pants kind of gals!) come from Cache. I do own a pair of Seven jeans but it frustrates me that I had to have a $130 pair of jeans altered. It''s hard for me to find jeans/pants that fit right and the only one''s that I didn''t have to have altered were Tommy Hilfiger jeans in the junior section and DKNY. I''d pay $200.00+ if I could find the *perfect* fitting jeans!!!!

I do A LOT of shopping on Amazon for books (mostly diamond and gemstone related), DVD''s for my husband''s collection, and CDs. Now all I need to do is build a library for all of it!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2005 11:48:56 AM
Author: didiamond

I do own a pair of Seven jeans but it frustrates me that I had to have a $130 pair of jeans altered. It's hard for me to find jeans/pants that fit right and the only one's that I didn't have to have altered were Tommy Hilfiger jeans in the junior section and DKNY. I'd pay $200.00+ if I could find the *perfect* fitting jeans!!!!
Many women feel this way as well, Di! Jeans are something I gladly pay alot for if I find a good set or two. That said, I do have alot of friends who will pay for exp jeans and mostly it's because these jeans fit their body type perfectly with no alterations or relatively little. I can't wear Seven jeans because they are not really made for curvy women (in my opinion)...I get along better with AG Jeans (Adriano Goldschmied). I do have a Seven pair but I feel like it squishes eveything I have into the jeans in an unflattering way.

I have a few friends that are pear shaped, small on top and heavier on bottom and they swear by Paper, Denim and Cloth jeans. There are also other new styles & popular makers, there was a jean spread in one of the recent mags, maybe Lucky, on which jean type for your body, and it had all of these expensive styles compared to bodies of celebrities (aka what Jennifer Aniston's body style wears, what Beyonce wears etc).

Anyhow, I adore my jeans but even I can't wear all the AG jeans in their lineups...I can only wear about 2-3 out of 10 year. The other day my girlfriend and I were in Anthropologie checking out the jeans, (they carry AG) and between us we pulled 7 pairs of jeans into the dressing room to try on. We went through those in less than 5 minutes. None of them fit/worked/looked good enough. So even though I love AG and 99% of my jeans are from them...I still can't wear all of them!

My advice is to keep trying makers and then when you find one that works, look at the cotton vs lyrca % (huge for me since I hate 100% cotton jeans ... they do not give like ones with 1-3% lyrca) and then search around within that same maker's styles to find a similar cotton/lyrca % and then you may have a 2nd winner. I've found that works pretty well for me when I looking...but of course not always!

Oh and if you want to check them out online, www.shopbop.com carries all of the makers I mentioned here I think. Oh and I have heard also that Juicy's line of jeans can be good too...but I have never tried them. I wasn't a fan of some cords I bought from them, the gap at the waist was too huge so I was afraid jeans would be the same.

Edited to add that I forgot about Blue Cult, their jeans are great! Definitely check those out at as well, they have alot of cotton/lyrca mixes and the denim is lightweight which I prefer to heavy materials.

1.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2005 4:32:34 PM
Author: heartsonfire
What is better Bare Minerals, Bare Escentuals or Sheer Cover? Don''t know what the difference is. I would love to try it out. Help!?

Love to spend on products...Estee Lauder, Shiseido, Origins, L''Occitane.
Bare Escentuals is sometimes referred to as "bare minerals", so I believe they are one and the same. This is the first I''ve heard of "Sheer Cover". I just did a search for "sheer cover" and it looks like they sell a similar base coverage product. Bare Minerals sells an entire line of make-up from the base product to blush, eye shadow, etc. This make-up, in my opinion, is not very inexpensive and lasts FOREVER!! A little truly does go a very long way. The eyeshadow and blush formulas are very concentrated, similar to M.A.C. I don''t have the most beautiful skin and need makeup and Bare Escentuals has helped to cover flaws and not look like a mask.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
re:Jeans

aargh!

they are so hard to find the right fit, it's evil. I've had many altered. My most recent off-the-rack success were from juniors/super cheapies(Delia's, Kiabi, Target) too. Normally, the waist so rarely fits and has to be taken in.

I am glad that the lycra(?)-cotton blend is used a lot more... I think that bit of stretch helps the fit.

re:LV

I did have remorse about my monogram Alma. I realized that I only like the plain, non-logo'ed material for handbags. I do have a LV Murakami cherry blossom(I'm a sucker for cutesy stuff
41.gif
) pochette but I only carry it inside other bags.

I starting to like the new print with the cherries.(sigh..they have cute 'wittle' faces too
37.gif
) but I now know better than to buy a whole satchel of 'em. It seems very easy to overdose on monogram.

For some odd reason, the luggage doesn't overwhelm me like the purses. weird.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice Mara. I''ll keep trekking to the stores for a day of *try ons*!Arghhhhhhhhh..... The shopbop website is a great way to see all the different style of jeans. I kind of liked the James Jeans but I''m afraid to order them because of the fit. Maybe I can go to Bloomies or Nordstroms to try them on (if they carry them).

kaylagee, I have the same problem. The waist is always too big but I also have the problem of length. Not all jeans come in long lengths. I have found that with the lower waist line that I''m having better luck (ie..DKNY. But I haven''t been able to find a blue pair in the right style, only black). Until last year, I hadn''t found a pair of jeans in probably 4 years! Luckily I''m one of those people that buys *in bulk* when I find something just right.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I''m showing my age - but nothing is more comfortable than a pair of 505 Levis washed several times. But, I agree - finding a good fitting jeans is priceless.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Jeans are a whole can of worms in itself! LOL

Didi....I have the same problem...I can usually never find them long enough. Have you tried Red Engine? I am pushing 5''10" and typically can''t find a pair of jeans that fit in all the right places AND are long enough. With Red Engine, that''s not the case. They fit right AND I can wear a 3-4" heel where the jean falls on the right spot of the shoe.

I have two pairs of jeans....Red Engine & a pair of Citizens of Humanity. Citizens are nice, but they stretch too easily & aren''t as long as the RE''s.

I didn''t inlcude these as a vice, well, because they are essentials to the wardrobe! lol. Gotta have one or two pairs of jeans that fit well! Worth every penny of the price tag (including quality)!

I wonder if either of these companies will be sending me cash for the recommendation. hehe Sorry, couldn''t resist after all of the hub bub in another post.

SweetPink

Rough_Rock

Maybe a little off the jeans subject now.

35.gif

But I am with the poster that collects VickiSecret garments. I buy so much lingerie, bra, night gowns.etc.most still have tags.every collection, color, pattern. I have a neurotic obsession that requires undergarments to match. Maybe something from childhood, my mom told me as she used to work in the emergency room and see all kinds people undergarments...I have two drawers full. Also falling in love with Agent Provocateur
30.gif
. Hubby doesn''t complain when I wear it.
31.gif
But thinks I take too much space in the house with my stuff.
Thinking about selling my stuff that still has tags. Maybe I can use that to buy more bling
36.gif
...or perhaps

more boots. My other crazed obssesion.a nice sexy pair of knee length boots.a NYc girls staple! Don’t forget a lovely matching handbag.
And lip-gloss. I sell Avon just for the lip-gloss.... I love lip-gloss
30.gif

and then I spend a ridiculous amount of money on anything that is pink. Pink stones, pink hand bags, pink boots, pink shoes, pink lingerie, pink...pink....pink.....DH never worries about what to buy..As long as it''s pink. DH says that I a have problem...but I think spending money on junk on eBay.which he seems to call "collectors items"is a big problem.
27.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea I can agree there. My favorites were Express jeans from the last round. They changed them within the last year and got rid of the only kind that fit! I was so upset. I have a stockpile of my 30 pairs (I must have 90...yea I have a problem) that I can work in as replacements but man....why change a good thing?!

I was considering going to the Levi store in NYC and having a couple custom made pairs.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha ame, my colleague/friend was telling me the same thing about Express jeans...I used to wear those a long while back before I got hooked on the expensive ones...but she swears by them and said the same thing about them changing the fit and says now she can't wear any of them. Boycott!!

I also hate when I have to have jeans hemmed up a bit (aka Blue Cults which are SUPER long, and I usually don't have to have jeans hemmed since I'm 5'8" so most are perfect with heels), and then over time they shrink up due to washings and 'very light' dryings and then they are TOO SHORT and look like floods and I can only wear them with flip flops or when I feel retro. Hehe.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t found anything to replace them yet. I am just too picky. Since Im a little overweight now I have more problems trying to find in between sizes jeans.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Heartsonfire,

Sheer Cover is very similar to Bare Minerals/Bare Escentuals they are actually made by the same company. Sheer Cover is marketed by Leeza Gibbons and they sell a full line of make and skin care.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results