shape
carat
color
clarity

what are your other bad spending habits (besides buying jewelry ) ?....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my is eating out too much, 7 x a week for lunch,4 x a week for dinner,costing me about $650 per month
6.gif
no fancy restaurants either......O.K. TIME FOR LUNCH ...LOL see what i mean ?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
wait a minute here, are you implying that jewelry buying is a bad spending habit?
6.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
cigs
computers
guns
gold/Jewels
My 4 vices.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
#1: Black pants. It's a problem. I don't care how much they are. I have to have really good black pants. And I can't turn down a pair.

#2: Design/decorating magazines. I can't get enough.

I'm not too bad with clothes and shoes and handbags. In fact, I'm an anti-collector. I only have a few things (maybe I was meant to be a man instead)...but when I buy, I go all the way baby!
I'm looking at a crazy handbag right now and I'm SO going to buy it after tax time. It will be one of the 3 bags I use every single day and will wear it until it literally falls apart and floats away

Oh yeah, Mice. (the fake furry ones) for my cats. I just keep buying them and they keep disappearing!!!

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire -- same for me. I spend SO much on lunch and dinner, and I don''t even realize it.

sometimes i think about all the REAL things I could buy if I didn''t spend so much on grub!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Soon my pet, you will be mine. Sooooooonnnnn.....
11.gif

stockton.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2005 3
6.gif
5:14 PM
Author: moremoremore
11.gif
oooohhh, verra nice!!
3.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Food (at least $600 a month on just regular lunch and dinner. Special occasions not included)
Electronics (esp. digital cameras & computers)
Winter coats (even tho i live in S. CA)
Flip Flops (15 pairs, one in each color)
Bikinis (8 sets)

14.gif
Lots of wasted money!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure the men on this board would find your bikini purchases to be prudent investments :)

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Definitely eating out..sometimes all 3 meals in a day. Sometimes I do takeout or order pizza. Right now I live with myself & my 7 year old son. Sometimes we eat out just because I can''t stand another meal of chicken nuggets or hot dogs (his faves). It''s no fun to make a grown up meal just for myself....but now that the new fiance is around a lot of the time I am starting to cook...then again, who am I kidding...he just ups the eat-out costs to include another adult.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
6.gif
11.gif
Hi:

MMM--I just saw that bag two weeks ago and almost bought it, but bought the old standby pattern in a speedy. Better size for me. I realize it could be easily argued that such things are a waste huge of money when other similar products would suffice, but I have owned those mercerized canvas handbags for twenty years and they siimply don''t wear out and they age beautifully. Same with the ballistic (sp?) nylon in the Prada bags--like the energizer bunny they just keep going, and going.....

So does this mean your watch and pendant are out of the picture??????

Anyway, I love good quality clothing, handbags and shoes--and the fit of Miss Sixty jeans!! That said, I didn''t need a Canondale bike or Spyder skiwear, but I appreciate the functionality and style of well made products.

Call me silly and self centered if you will. But by the same token, does my husband really need that massive Plasma TV when the massive picture tube we already have works perfectly well?

cheers--Sharon

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
6.gif
11.gif
Oooooooooooooo Louis!!!

Looky, Looky what I found on eluxury.com OIY

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
HA! That''s where my pic came from!!!! :)
TOTAL waste of money....but everyone wastes money sometimes...I just waste it on about 3 handbags. That''s a pathetic collection so I feel ok about it. I have this huge canvas one that is just taking such a beating. No watch or pendant. Probably no bag either LOL

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2005 3:23:58 PM
I''m sure the men on this board would find your bikini purchases to be prudent investments :)

Yeah, it''d be nice if I actually wore them... I''ve been to the beach a total of 4 times in the last 2 years, so half of them are still tagged!

lindsal

Shiny_Rock
Ditto Strm on the Cigs.
Ditto MMM on the black pants,... i so know where you are coming from.

And then.. pajamas. Be they slinky, silky, flannel or gramma.. I just can''t have enough.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Leather Jackets. I am the jacket queen and I have two closets to prove it! Not all leather though
2.gif
I have 16+ leather jackets that I have been given for Christmas gifts all in the past four years. One wine colored from Victoria's Secret, one white, two cream, a white Harley-Davidson leather jacket, seven black, one brown with fur, one brown minus fur, black leather shirt (I count it as a jacket on occassion), beige with fur..and some more but I'd have to go dig through my closets and to be honest...that could take days! J/K. But I do have a few more.

All my other coats are just coats. Nothing spectacular. Red quilted peacoat, a short bouclee(sp??) buckle cape type deal..really cool! But I get watched like a hawk when I go into a store because they think I'm hiding things
20.gif
Needless to say it's only worn to go eat out...black floor length wool coat, green coats, blue coats, brown coats, long black floor length hooded cape that weighs about 20 lbs...well, it IS heavy..but I've never weighed it..what else.......JEEZ! Too much!!

Purses are turning into a bad habit..one I need to break myself of. Thankfully I haven't been bitten by the shoe bug yet..but it might have something to do with the fact that I'm still holding out for the Manolo Blahniks and Jimmy Choo's
31.gif
...(In my dreams!!!)..

One thing that I probably have too many of are jewelry catalogs...at least they're free...as for the stuff inside...well, that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Oh, and MMM...I'm with you on the black pants part. I bet the people in the grocery store think I wear the same pants all the time
20.gif
It's hard to find them that fit so when I do find them I buy every single one of them
9.gif
And besides..you need different styles of black pants. That's my excuse anyway
9.gif

9.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
You name it.

Hair is my biggest expense besides my house and it's bills.

Besides that, Target gets a lot of my money as does nearly every eating establishment. If I could stop eating lunch out Id save so much.

Edited to add:

I must be the only person on earth who finds LV just hideously ugly. I haven't found anything that is good looking enough to spend money on, let alone that much money.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plants & herbs for the garden sometimes spend $300/week during spring and summer.
Kitchen gadgets
Gourmet foodstuff

and

when I suffer periodic bouts of insomnia, I get in trouble with late nite infomercials....oh, the things I''ve purchased....there I sit, faced bathed by the glow of the tv screen, eyes never blinking, credit card in one hand phone in the other, remote control perched between my knees.....

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
"I must be the only person on earth who finds LV just hideously ugly. I haven't found anything that is good looking enough to spend money on, let alone that much money."...

Nope, my girlfriend says the same thing. To each his own. I think Target carries tons of crap so we're even. LOL
9.gif
(but i bought my husband a couple of shirts from there that really have held up really well...same with some PJs)...And I buy suave even though my husband works for a super high end salon (not a hairdresser LOL) in nyc

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/27/2005 4
6.gif
3:44 PM
Author: ame

I must be the only person on earth who finds LV just hideously ugly. I haven''t found anything that is good looking enough to spend money on, let alone that much money.
HI:

Vive la difference--and to show I am sincere, I promise not to post any pics of my LV or Tiffany crap. LOL
2.gif

cheers--Sharon

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2005 2:54:24 PM
#1: Black pants. It''s a problem. I don''t care how much they are. I have to have really good black pants. And I can''t turn down a pair.
Hah! Me too! And, add Black t-shirts & turtlenecks!

Vintage folding rulers - why I need them I don''t know. I just like them. I can justify nearly everything else I collect.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah..forgot to add to the rest of my junk further up...

Loose gemstones. I have tooooooooooooooooo many loose gemstones! I have this insatiable need to collect them. I keep asking myself why on earth don't I just buy the completed piece of jewelry but for the life of me I keep collecting them. So...I have gobs of loose gemstones that I'll probably never do anything with.

20.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OH, black T-shirts. Forgetabout it. LOL...me too....
Vintage folding rulers is very unusual and I''m sure makes for such an interesting collection...

Canuk- that simple, black, classic bag is truly hideous! (j/k ame)

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2005 3:33:47 PM
Author: sevens one

6.gif
11.gif
Oooooooooooooo Louis!!!

Looky, Looky what I found on eluxury.com OIY
Did I say that I hadn''t been bitten by the shoe bug yet????

Sevens! You''re trying to get me in trouble, aren''t you?!
8.gif
(j/k)

Look at all those pretty pointy shoes...................
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

9.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Right now my habit is buying what the LIW have dubbed Bridal ****. And i never walk out with just one... the other night i added $27 to my grocery bill for 3 of ''em.
14.gif

But usually im pretty good about not buying things... even when i need them. A year or so ago i was in Wal-Mart and was looking at socks since most of mine had lost their matches. I talked myself out of a $3 bag of socks because i still had a couple that matched up.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/27/2005 4:32:37 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 1/27/2005 4
6.gif
3:44 PM
Author: ame

I must be the only person on earth who finds LV just hideously ugly. I haven''t found anything that is good looking enough to spend money on, let alone that much money.
HI:

Vive la difference--and to show I am sincere, I promise not to post any pics of my LV or Tiffany crap. LOL
2.gif

cheers--Sharon
I want to see! I want to see!

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
My bad $ habits are:
House decorating/remodeling big big big habit/problem haha
The kids, buying things for them that they want or I want them to have,
emgift.gif

Dinners out,
Treats for my pets!
emdog.gif

All in all the things are mostly not disposable so they are things that will last, and when my kid gets tired of things we donate it to a group that will give it to another child. My pets recycle things to my Mom''s pets that they won''t use, like my husband bought them 4 sacks of premium food they would not eat, but my Mom''s pets did, so i justify it that way. Anything I buy new I will recycle the old item to someone else, so theres no waste. I am still out the cash, but feel better giving to someone else. My husband cant talk, since he has poured $$$ into old cars and jeeps. So we are more than even, well I think I have a way to go yet!

lori/yellow

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Wedding magazines. I buy one every time I see a new one, even though they all say the same thing and I already have all the ideas I need for the wedding! They''re expensive, heavy, and take up space. I love ''em though!

Ame, I feel the same about LV stuff, but to each his and her own. Marc Jacobs bags, on the other hand, are a different story. If it weren''t for the wedding coming up and the house we''re in the middle of buying, I''d be carrying one right now.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
You know you want it!!!
I''m not cool enough for this bag. People would think it''s an old lady bag on me LOL

marc.jpg

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2005 5:44:28 PM
You know you want it!!!
I''m not cool enough for this bag. People would think it''s an old lady bag on me LOL
I WANT! I WANT! And it''s my color!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

face23.gif
face23.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results