carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

alice87

Shiny_Rock
icy_jade|1376400099|3502047 said:
Thanks Bsomlo and Blondie!

Blondie: the pendant design is so unique and the colour of the earrings are gorgeous! What a glamorous set! :love: :appl:
Pls tell us how you plan to modify the earrings.

Fly Girl, LitGeek: here are the ring pics! Took it from my view and realized its just the back view so took closer up after flipping it on my finger.
Love you ring!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
alice87,
You can read more here [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-taste-of-whats-coming-for-spring-at-pp.156516/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-taste-of-whats-coming-for-spring-at-pp.156516/[/URL] . My pendant pearls came from the first bag that Jeremy collected in January 2011. Pearl Paradise launched the color shift metallic strands in April 2011. Someone from the other forum asked if the pearls (for the strands) came from the same source or farm and here was Jeremy's answer:
"No, they don't come from the same source or the same farm. The way you find them is by selecting from preselected and sorted pearls. When you go into processing factories there are rooms that contain loose pearls in baskets; each containing 50 kilos. The baskets are already separated and sorted by size, shape and surface grade. For some reason color and luster aren't separated. Well, color isn't, and luster almost isn't. So in order to find pearls like those above, you've got to go through the baskets (in my case, 9-10 and 10 -11 mm lots, drop shape, perfect surface) and select them. They pour the entire fifty kilos onto a long table on a white sheet and then you slowly move the pile to the other end of the table going through the pearls individually or in small groups.

I went through all the pearls available in those size ranges and quality at Sanshui, Angeperle and Ruan in January and came back with just a few hundred pearls. But the reason for that trip wasn't to collect enough for the line, but to train them how to select exactly what I was looking for. Now we have a little over two kilos, but need a few more in order to make consistent strands."

My pearl pendants came from Jeremy's labor intensive search sifting through baskets for the few hundred in the sample bag. Yes they are special in their own beauty but also in how they were collected.

img_1708.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1377223344|3508384 said:
HHPmom that necklace is one of my all time favorite necklaces. It inspired my multi color tin cup. After seeing it in person, I must say the picture of it is really, really good but does it no justice. My pearls came out of the same pearl sack.

4RanchGirl,
Thank you. You have such a terrific collection of exceptional pearls. The color-shift tin cup strand is amazing as well when I saw it at the 2011 Ruckus. You are correct about the picture. I can't capture all of its colors.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom What a wonderful story your pendant pearls have, thanks for sharing! It is a truly beautiful piece! I love the original design inspiration pendant too...do you have more info on that piece?

Fly Girl Your ring and kamoka set paired with your SoC earrings is pure perfection :love: :love: :love: Each piece by itself is dreamy, but all together they are MAGNIFICENT :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
LitGeek|1377262597|3508555 said:
HHPmom What a wonderful story your pendant pearls have, thanks for sharing! It is a truly beautiful piece! I love the original design inspiration pendant too...do you have more info on that piece?

Oops I forgot to answer alice87's question too. The grape cluster design is not mine to claim credit. PP did a similar design back in 2008, if memory serves, with the first exotic offer to an exclusive email list. After I chose the 2011 pearls for the pendant, a bracelet and a few pairs of earrings, they were sent back to PP to be drilled. I wire wrapped the pendant pearls on gold chain.

Aren't pearls special? They are so organic that almost no two pearls are alike, unlike some other gems. We, pearl lovers, almost always have stories about our special pieces. I hand-picked the majority of mine and either glued them on findings or wire wrapped the earrings (extras from strands when I shorten them).

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Margo Pearl Pendant today. This one winked at me when I first saw it. PP wire wrapped it for me. This pearl has different colors on both sides. I can turn the pendant to the other side to get pure green or rotate the pearl itself to the facet I want to show. It was wrapped a in way that there is still space for rotation. I normally wear this with omega chain. But since I am wearing a V-neck tee, the chain mimicks the collar line better and using the enhancer allows the chain to go through.

pearl_08-23-13b.jpg

margo_pendants.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Double souffle necklace and lavender drop earrings. The double strand doesn't nest perfectly, so at first I was twisting them. The casual way they hang pleases me nowadays, so I wear them without twisting sometimes. I am sitting in the waiting room of a pet rescue establishment -- hence the dog mural showing under my chin:

souffle_with_lavender_drops.jpg

alice87

Shiny_Rock
HHPmom, thank you for the story! I will learn the wire wrapping....Is this bail secure enough, so the chain with 7 good sized pearls will not slip out?
Great looking necklace! I have peach metallic studs from PP, they are beauties! I know what to look for now, thanks again!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo Wow I love the lavender metallic drops with the soufles, SO pretty :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo, nice picture! Especially capturing the lavender color of the earrings. They go well with white gold, especially that setting with the small diamonds, can be dressed up or casual depending on your outfit.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
My newly finished bracelet. Oval pink pearls from Pattye, with some lavender-gold rounds and yellow gold bead spacers. I'm working on a set, but I think there might be enough ovals to make the necklace either a two strand or just longer, so it isn't finished yet.

_9306.jpg

Pattye

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Periwinklegirl,

Your bracelet is gorgeous! :love: Those pearl shapes look so harmonious together with the gold beads, a lovely design! I do hope you will make a coordinating necklace and show it to us! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
one of my favorites from CC:
-5_zps04c08871.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Ooh la la Mrs. Taylor!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Triple lavender with lavender grape cluster earrings. Conservative enough for dinner with the in-laws while happy enough for son's college convocation ceremony:

lavender_triple_with_lavender_grape_cluster_earrings.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pattye|1377487556|3509794 said:
Periwinklegirl,

Your bracelet is gorgeous! :love: Those pearl shapes look so harmonious together with the gold beads, a lovely design! I do hope you will make a coordinating necklace and show it to us! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Oh, thanks so much!

Here are a couple of shots of the necklace. I'm either going to lengthen it or add a second strand. Thoughts?

And one of my Catherine Cardellini bracelet that was the inspiration.

_9359.jpg

_9361.jpg

_9362.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1377570135|3510353 said:
Here are a couple of shots of the necklace. I'm either going to lengthen it or add a second strand. Thoughts?

And one of my Catherine Cardellini bracelet that was the inspiration.

I vote for 2nd strand. :tongue:

Today was blue akoyas day again - tried with a darker blue and it works much better than with electric blue. Was trying to capture what it looks like on my neck and hope you can see the overtones too. Pure indoor fluorescent light.

Mm... Think the strand can also go with white and pink tops (tho I don't have any pinks). Any suggestions for other colours? And I have lots of black tops of course. :lol:

_9370.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1377609488|3510544 said:
Any suggestions for other colours? And I have lots of black tops of course. :lol:

Turquoise ?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy Jade -- so beautiful. I think it would really stand out nicely with a white top.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1377611404|3510572 said:
Turquoise ?

Ok, next week! And I do have a turquoise top (just one, haha). Yay! (I try to limit each item to once a week max). :rodent:

bsomlo said:
Icy Jade -- so beautiful. I think it would really stand out nicely with a white top.

I don't actually have a plain white top... Need to shop first haha. :loopy:
But yes, think white will really make the pearls pop. Thanks!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1377611490|3510575 said:

White was my first thought too. :wavey:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl I vote for three strands...one can never wear too many pearls :naughty:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I agree with LitGeek -- but didn't know three strands were an option. I love me a triple strand!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1377626784|3510769 said:
I agree with LitGeek -- but didn't know three strands were an option. I love me a triple strand!

Your lavender strand is FABULOUS :love: :love: :love:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday's PP August special reminded me that I should give my keshi some neck time: one white SS keshi strand and 2 Tahitian keshi strands on fish hook clasps. They were twisted to make a torsade. Lighting is horrible which didn't show the silvery and some green overtones of the Tahitians. I didn't want to stand out in the hall way taking my picture. They were from The Pearl Outlet specials in 2009 or 2010.

keshi_08-28-13.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom -- Beautiful! If I were having a conversation with you, my eyes would be focused intently on your neck, the whole time!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Today I paired up my Kasumi keshi rope with my freshwater metallic pink w silver lavender earrings from this month's PP specials. The pairing works well enough that I will probably keep this in my regular jewelry rotation.

today_61671.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
What can I say? Glorious all around!!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Inspired by this thread and everyone's amazing flair for pearls, I tried a new look today.

(6 freshwater strands of varying quality and one fakie)

_9430.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@rosebloom: Fab look!!

Mine is a very simple pendant. Big fwp drop enhancer worn as a pendant from Kojima.

_9436.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results