shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1376099826|3500052 said:
Here you go Flygirl this is what I was wearing today.
Thank you for the closer pic. I love that necklace.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man. You have amazing taste!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
By the way, I was wearing this pearl ring today. It is my new baby. :love: 14 mm silver white round SS pearl with pink overtones from Agustus on eBay, setting is 18 kt red gold with moonstones and diamonds set in palladium by Stephen Vincent Design. I asked them to make an awesome ring design for this pearl and they came through.

ring_5846.jpg

ring15_846.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
That is out of this world!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1376100022|3500055 said:
If you want one comprable I have seen several Josh of Komoka has put together for clients. They are multi-colored and multi-sized. I have liked them a lot. They have been posted on his facebook page not his site. They do not have the diamond cut 18kt spacers (which I am looking for) but the colors and sizes of pearls are there.

Your ring is TDF :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I think I would have an accident if I had that on my finger while driving a car so be careful.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1376101819|3500071 said:
Fly Girl|1376100022|3500055 said:
If you want one comprable I have seen several Josh of Komoka has put together for clients. They are multi-colored and multi-sized. I have liked them a lot. They have been posted on his facebook page not his site. They do not have the diamond cut 18kt spacers (which I am looking for) but the colors and sizes of pearls are there.

Your ring is TDF :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I think I would have an accident if I had that on my finger while driving a car so be careful.
Oh good. I'm glad to hear that you like Josh's multi-colored strands. I have one in the works...shhhhhh ;)) It seems like several pearly projects have come together after many months all at the same time.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
4 Ranch Girl Oh my! I do love your necklace and bracelets! You look fabulous in them! :wavey:

Fly Girl Holy pearl Batman!!!! Wowza :love: :love: :love: is all I have to say about your ring!!!! I am so excited to see your new Kamoka strand :appl: :appl: I want one too! Like you, I have 6 pearl projects that will all finally be coming together in the next month or so. When it rains it pours pearls :lol: Looking forward to seeing all of your new pieces!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl When PP's monthly special was the long T ropes I sent Jeremy the picture of my Blaire strand and Josh's and several others and that prompted him to make the multi colored ones. If you get work in progress pictures please post them. I would love to see the process. He had on a great pearl at Jeremy's wedding this past weekend.

LitGeek pearl projects???? Do spill all the beans oh I mean pearls :naughty:

I have so many strands I am now working on pendents and bracelets.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1376162765|3500366 said:
FlyGirl When PP's monthly special was the long T ropes I sent Jeremy the picture of my Blaire strand and Josh's and several others and that prompted him to make the multi colored ones. If you get work in progress pictures please post them. I would love to see the process. He had on a great pearl at Jeremy's wedding this past weekend.
Your wish is my command, 4Ranch Girl. In progress pictures are up here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kamoka-harvest-strand-and-bracelet-my-holy-grail-pieces.192237/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kamoka-harvest-strand-and-bracelet-my-holy-grail-pieces.192237/[/URL]

By the way, I'm not surprised to hear that your pieces are inspiring to others as well as myself. Who can refuse a pearl goddess?! ;))

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl!! That ring is AMAZEBALLS!!! I have never seen anything like it. I have never been a big fan of pearl rings (worried I would knock it and damage it) but yours is just heavenly.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl: Your new ring is looks wonderful! We need more pics! :love:

Today I am wearing my pastel tahitians. Totally over-pearled for my very casual lunch but heck... :rodent:

_8710.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
There is no such thing as "over pearled". Don't let me ever hear that from you again, Imaginary Friend 'O Mine.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1376224711|3500686 said:
Fly Girl: Your new ring is looks wonderful! We need more pics! :love:

Today I am wearing my pastel tahitians. Totally over-pearled for my very casual lunch but heck... :rodent:

I want to stare at this photo for the rest of my life. It is PERFECT.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1376185394|3500547 said:
4Ranch Girl|1376162765|3500366 said:
Your wish is my command, 4Ranch Girl. In progress pictures are up here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kamoka-harvest-strand-and-bracelet-my-holy-grail-pieces.192237/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kamoka-harvest-strand-and-bracelet-my-holy-grail-pieces.192237/[/URL]

By the way, I'm not surprised to hear that your pieces are inspiring to others as well as myself. Who can refuse a pearl goddess?! ;))
:naughty: :bigsmile: :naughty:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1376235682|3500747 said:
There is no such thing as "over pearled". Don't let me ever hear that from you again, Imaginary Friend 'O Mine.

mrs. taylor said:
I want to stare at this photo for the rest of my life. It is PERFECT.

You ladies are so sweet. I wore them to a local market (where slippers and shorts would be considered normal) so yeah... ::)

Today was still the pastel strand but with my new earrings as well. Need to figure out how to take better selfies. IRL the pearls look better obviously. Am going to try and wear all my new pearls this week. :lol:

Bsomlo: Btw I posted a multi strand shot (wearing both the pastels and the Andy Muller strand) in the Hong Kong thread as requested. :loopy:

_8737.jpg

blondie~

Rough_Rock
Such lovely lovely lustre icy_jade!

I wore my yellow/white gold diamond pearl pendant today. I'm getting ready for bedtime now. :)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Blondie, that is beautiful!

Icy Jade -- you crazy, girl! The Tahitians are just drop dead gorgeous!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Blondie your pendant is beautiful! I really love the setting :love: Please tell us more about it, i.e., where it came from, about the pearl, etc.

blondie~

Rough_Rock
Hi LitGeek,
Thanks.
I purchased the pendant locally maybe 5 yrs ago. My first grown-up pendant. Part of a set. I patiently made payments before I brought them home. I believe they were set in Italy. 18K white/yellow gold, H color, SI diamonds, Tahitians: 11-12mm Pendant, 10-11mm Earrings. I prefer the color of the earrings, yet I don't wear the earrings much. Are these what you experts call peacock colored? I don't know. But I'm aging, my lobes are thinning + my lobe holes are lower set. 'Nuff said, the earrings are heavy. So, another 'project', but I want to get the earrings modified in some way. The chain is kind of neat; it sparkles. I could go either silver or gold, or a black cord with the pendant, but this chain was a gold-silver mix 'diamond cut' bathtub stopper type chain. I like it. Also made in Italy.

blondie~

Rough_Rock
Holy moses. FlyGirl. I just saw your ring on this page. Wowzers. Beautilicious.
This is an excellent thread to start my mornin'. :D

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Bsomlo and Blondie!

Blondie: the pendant design is so unique and the colour of the earrings are gorgeous! What a glamorous set! :love: :appl:
Pls tell us how you plan to modify the earrings.

Fly Girl, LitGeek: here are the ring pics! Took it from my view and realized its just the back view so took closer up after flipping it on my finger.

_8774.jpg

_8775.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the ring pics, icy_jade. Those little birdies just make me smile.

Blondie - Thank you for your kinds words about my new ring. I'm wearing it today, and loving it.

Gorgeous earrings, but I hear you on the weight. I avoid heavy earrings myself, so nothing like the combo of large pearls and extra metal for me.

I'm not a peacock expert, but if the pearls have some others colors such as pink centers, in addition to the green, then they are peacock.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy jade I just can't get enough of your sweet birdie ring :love: I would most definitely wear it with the birds facing me :naughty: Forget everyone else, you can just stare at them all day long!

blondieThanks so much for giving us more details. I love your earrings too and hope you find a way to have them reset so they are wearable for you. They are much too pretty to be sitting in a jewelry box :loopy:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl said:
Thank you for the ring pics, icy_jade. Those little birdies just make me smile.

Blondie - Thank you for your kinds words about my new ring. I'm wearing it today, and loving it.

Fly Girl: your new ring reminded me of this gorgeous Mikimoto pearl ring that I tried on once. It was so unbelievably gorgeous that I kept mumbling its so pretty in cantonese like 30x (I was in the Hong Kong store) (my colleague who was with me said he never saw anyone so mesmerized by a piece of jewellery before). Too bad money doesnt grow on trees and i didnt have like $25k to spare. :shock: Sigh. If I have a ring like yours I wouldn't be able to concentrate at all...

LitGeek|1376402941|3502075 said:
icy jade I just can't get enough of your sweet birdie ring :love: I would most definitely wear it with the birds facing me :naughty: Forget everyone else, you can just stare at them all day long!

Oh you think that's ok (face them inwards)? I was really tempted to do that! But was a bit shy to be so 'unfriendly'. :oops:
Btw almost everyone who sees the ring IRL has the same reaction... "So cute!" + a smile. Haha. That was my reaction in the store when I spotted the ring. Glad it makes others smile too. :D

blondie~

Rough_Rock
I want to hear more of your birdie ring. Did you choose the pearls? Where did you find it? I've never seen anything like this. It's so beautiful. Perfectly sweet. :) :)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
blondie~|1376433770|3502378 said:
I want to hear more of your birdie ring. Did you choose the pearls? Where did you find it? I've never seen anything like this. It's so beautiful. Perfectly sweet. :) :)

Hi blondie, thanks! The ring is from Rio Pearl in Hong Kong. I posted pics of my recent shopping adventures and more pics of the pieces that I bought in this Pinterest board and thread:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-pearls-from-hong-kong.191675/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-pearls-from-hong-kong.191675/[/URL]

http://pinterest.com/amodularlife/hong-kong-pearl-shopping/

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
blondie~|1376398493|3502030 said:
Hi LitGeek,
Thanks.
I purchased the pendant locally maybe 5 yrs ago. My first grown-up pendant. Part of a set. I patiently made payments before I brought them home. I believe they were set in Italy. 18K white/yellow gold, H color, SI diamonds, Tahitians: 11-12mm Pendant, 10-11mm Earrings. I prefer the color of the earrings, yet I don't wear the earrings much. Are these what you experts call peacock colored? I don't know. But I'm aging, my lobes are thinning + my lobe holes are lower set. 'Nuff said, the earrings are heavy. So, another 'project', but I want to get the earrings modified in some way. The chain is kind of neat; it sparkles. I could go either silver or gold, or a black cord with the pendant, but this chain was a gold-silver mix 'diamond cut' bathtub stopper type chain. I like it. Also made in Italy.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: that chain. I have a thing about chains. They can make or break a beautiful pendent. By the way your pearls are TDF too.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Continuing with my plan to wear new pearls this week... Today was peacock drops.

And I now know why my earlier selfies made the pearls look so bad... It's the camera! Took this with the usual camera (instead of the front facing one on the iPhone) and the colours were finally captured. :D

P.S. blurred out my messy hair. :cheeky:

P.P.S. just realized that you can see the reflection of my hands holding the iPhone on the pearl. Am so tickled by the funny reflection. :lol:

_8796.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Icy Jade -- just gorgeous earrings. I love the colors. I'm so glad you went for it!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1376490669|3502770 said:
Icy Jade -- just gorgeous earrings. I love the colors. I'm so glad you went for it!

Thanks! And they helped to temper down my pearl itch... For now anyways (until Oct I hope). 8)

Here is the other ear. :D

_8809.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results