shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing a Rubellite Tourmaline and diamond ring in yellow gold. The Rubellite is from the lovely Jerry Newman at Gemart Services.

This is the third setting for the stone - it took a while for the jeweller to get it right - once was my fault, once was his. Finally we ended up with something that I could live with. Sadly the stone did get a scratch on the table during the multiple setting/unsetting processes but I really didn't want to unset it again to send it off to be repolished. In real life, only I or a fellow Pricescoper would ever see it.

Rubellite 3.JPG

Rubellite 2.JPG

Rubellite 1.JPG
Rubellite 4.JPG

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@BlingObsession what setting did you have the other 2 times that you weren't happy with?

Asking because I am nosey and like to hear jewellery tales.

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@BlingObsession what setting did you have the other 2 times that you weren't happy with?

Asking because I am nosey and like to hear jewellery tales.

The first one was a similar design but with a suite of old cut diamonds I had purchased from Grace at JBG. I used 9 stones - about 1.8tcw - loved it til I realised that the symmetry was off - odd number of stones in an ovalish halo - once I saw it, I couldn't unsee it. Drove me insane. My fault.

Second setting, the jeweller used MRB - smaller diamonds 10 pieces. But the setting looked like a cupcake - a towering wedding cake - it was awful - all the stones were squished together so the head of the ring was really small but very tall. Looked like some reject from the '80s. His fault.

Third time, the height was reduced and the spread increased and overall I'm happier with the setting. Would have preferred the old cuts because the setting is antique inspired but the final ring is pretty and I do like it. The little scratch - that bothers me a bit but honestly I have to accept some responsibility for that and just try not to look at it too closely and never with my loupe!

Oh and the suite of old cuts... they became a 7 stone antique yellow gold repro ring for me and a pair of antique repro buttercup studs in rose gold which my daughter wears. Didn't go to waste and if I decide I need 9 perfectly matched old cuts - they are still in the family and can be repossessed, hahha.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa!!!! That was an arduous journey you went on with one stone! Glad to see you got it sorted in the end!

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing a Rubellite Tourmaline and diamond ring in yellow gold. The Rubellite is from the lovely Jerry Newman at Gemart Services.

This is the third setting for the stone - it took a while for the jeweller to get it right - once was my fault, once was his. Finally we ended up with something that I could live with. Sadly the stone did get a scratch on the table during the multiple setting/unsetting processes but I really didn't want to unset it again to send it off to be repolished. In real life, only I or a fellow Pricescoper would ever see it.

Rubellite 3.JPG

Rubellite 2.JPG

Rubellite 1.JPG
Rubellite 4.JPG
I love this! Perfect proportions!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Rubellite 3.JPG

Rubellite 2.JPG

Rubellite 1.JPG
Rubellite 4.JPG

I am such a sucker for cluster rings! This is beautiful. I’m sorry your stone got scratched but am glad the setting worked out in the end. It would’ve been tdf with old cuts as well! Shame it didn’t work out! Still beautiful though!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Taking this baby out for a lunch date with hubby.

I wanted a fire shot but alas it's cloudy right now!

20180223_111204.jpg

And what do we have here? I don't think I've seen this before!! Tell me about it!

Your bracelet is stunning!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And what do we have here? I don't think I've seen this before!! Tell me about it!

Your bracelet is stunning!!

Awww thank you!

Fancy yellow diamond ring with assorted fancy ovals and pears. It was a ring made by DBL. I just went on their website and fell in love with it. I was looking for a yellow diamond at the time and getting caught up on stats and design. This ring was just pure "fall in love" so I bought it.

Here's another pic!

20180223_120733.jpg

woweezowee

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Awww thank you!

Fancy yellow diamond ring with assorted fancy ovals and pears. It was a ring made by DBL. I just went on their website and fell in love with it. I was looking for a yellow diamond at the time and getting caught up on stats and design. This ring was just pure "fall in love" so I bought it.

Here's another pic!

20180223_120733.jpg

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing my unheated small padparadscha sapphire today again. Tried my best to capture its orange tints, and sacrificed photo clarity to try and capture the pad's exact colour. Not sure if it's working though. :lol: The small, glittery facets of orangeish-pink are just missing somehow.

20180225_163646(2)resized.jpg

20180225_163602 resized.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spring is coming, so wore this spinel ring before taking it out of rotation till next fall. It will soon start to clash with everything in the wardrobe!
IMG_20180225_164347.jpg
IMG_20180225_170002.jpg

Neat setting I don’t remember seeing this ring before. :twisted2:

Tell us about how you organize ring rotation!! Do you ever wear more than one stand alone ring on the same hand?

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Neat setting I don’t remember seeing this ring before. :twisted2:

Tell us about how you organize ring rotation!! Do you ever wear more than one stand alone ring on the same hand?

It's a lotus ring made by Sally. I keep most things at the bank and usually only take out like 2...max 3 CS rings at a time. I can only wear rings on a single finger per hand. I am also a huge nail polish nut and change nail color often so I end up only wearing CS that go well with the polish I wear so this strategy works out well! In the spring I tend to stick to brights, in the summer pastels, in the fall dusty/complex/deep, in the winter icy/metallic/dark etc. This spinel is the darkest stone I have by far so it goes well with my winter wardrobe!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pad and diamond baguettes ring today somewhere in Southern Thailand.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Wow a gorgeous ring and a fitting beautiful backdrop to boot. Breathtaking.:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spring is coming, so wore this spinel ring before taking it out of rotation till next fall. It will soon start to clash with everything in the wardrobe!
IMG_20180225_164347.jpg
IMG_20180225_170002.jpg

LOVE. Pinkalicous and yummmm.
:love::love::love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing my unheated small padparadscha sapphire today again. Tried my best to capture its orange tints, and sacrificed photo clarity to try and capture the pad's exact colour. Not sure if it's working though. :lol: The small, glittery facets of orangeish-pink are just missing somehow.

20180225_163646(2)resized.jpg

20180225_163602 resized.jpg

Oh my gosh another gorgeous ring. BEAUTIFUL.:love:

Gosh I am just catching up here and all the bling shared is GORGEOUS!!! Every single piece. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh I don't think i've seen your second ring before @Burmesedaze!!!! Three stone and a halo all in one? You are a genius!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My light blues in the morning sun

20180227_090538.jpg 20180227_090553_HDR.jpg

Is there anything new to say about your star sapphire? It's the perfect color, the perfect size and the perfect setting. I love all of your rings but this one is my right now favorite! Wow! I know you looked for a long time for this stone and the hunt was well worth it.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wearing my blue Paraiba ring by Leon Mege today, paired with a simple band and my wedding band with blue sapphires D611A023-CC92-4F63-ABB5-1CB5BE818DAF.jpeg E52E5973-A8E5-4E2C-A929-CC55501117A6.jpeg

Acinom, that paraiba is a drop of unworldly color. Almost radioactive. I imagine when you walk into a room people can see that ring from 20ft away...

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Is there anything new to say about your star sapphire? It's the perfect color, the perfect size and the perfect setting. I love all of your rings but this one is my right now favorite! Wow! I know you looked for a long time for this stone and the hunt was well worth it.

Thank you! I don't want to take it off at the end of the day whenever I wear it! It keeps growing on me!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results