shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazpink and pinklorious. LOVE. :love: Love the color and love the shape. :lickout:

Thank you missy! Do check out what I am reading. It’s secrets of the gem trade by Richard wise. It’s great- I recommend it to every PSer

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love this ring of yours! I’m totally going to steal your setting idea for one of my stones.

I would be honoured! But do note that it’s a bit high. That’s about the only problem I have felt after wearing it. If I chose to do a split shank the whole thing could have been lowered.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woke up to 4 inches of snow on the ground! But the sun is peaking out and the sky is a mix of blue and violet. This ring suits sky.

020.JPG 021.JPG
That’s beautiful! I just love color! Is it a sapphire or spinel?

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would be honoured! But do note that it’s a bit high. That’s about the only problem I have felt after wearing it. If I chose to do a split shank the whole thing could have been lowered.
Thank you! I will keep that in mind. My stone is smaller than yours too. I hope it will work because I love this setting.

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I will keep that in mind. My stone is smaller than yours too. I hope it will work because I love this setting.

If it’s much smaller then take care that the gold edge setting isn’t too big and overpowering. Mine was appropriately large to match the stone. But the setting has been a life saver in beautifully protecting the edges of the stone.

Do share the stone you are thinking of doing this with! =)2

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s beautiful! I just love color! Is it a sapphire or spinel?

@chatoyancy -Thank you for the nice comment. :) It is a blue sapphire that color shifts to a blue/lavender. I bought it preloved from a PS member. The stone is from Dana and Michael E. made the setting.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you missy! Do check out what I am reading. It’s secrets of the gem trade by Richard wise. It’s great- I recommend it to every PSer

Thanks so much I will!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If it’s much smaller then take care that the gold edge setting isn’t too big and overpowering. Mine was appropriately large to match the stone. But the setting has been a life saver in beautifully protecting the edges of the stone.

Do share the stone you are thinking of doing this with! =)2

Do share the stone you are thinking of doing this with! =)2[/

Even though I bought it last April, the smaller stone is still on the Artcutgems.com website. It’s the color change spinel. I do have a larger trillion/trilliant concave amethyst that may work better with the setting like yours. C82E3709-C1C5-4E1A-A5CD-427887356D3D.jpeg
78C9250E-0923-4BAA-8868-C2CD37613917.jpeg

Gemobsessed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

It’s gorgeous!! Can’t wait to see how it turns out =)2

Cockatiel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I needed something I don't have to baby so wore this silver turquoise ring. I've abused this ring for more than ten years, it's been exposed to bleach, soil, saltwater, etc. that I am suprised it still looks like a ring.
IMG_20180304_154352.jpg

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I needed something I don't have to baby so wore this silver turquoise ring. I've abused this ring for more than ten years, it's been exposed to bleach, soil, saltwater, etc. that I am suprised it still looks like a ring.
IMG_20180304_154352.jpg
Very pretty! Is that a Sleeping Beauty turquoise?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First stone I purchased ever. Green garnet! Only 6mm but I still love it for sentimental reasons.
IMG_20180227_161458.jpg IMG_20180227_161439.jpg IMG_20180227_161432.jpg

No idea why it looks hazy. It's very clear and sparkly in real life!

LOVE this stone with the twisty bands! Have you posted it in the GREEN thread yet?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is interesting. I bought it as a tourmaline. It has a very neat copper needle inclusion. I had it tested by a PS recommended vendor and she told me it was a sapphire which she thought was natural. One day if I reset it I will send it to a lab.
001.JPG

STRIKING color! And I really like the white diamond band with the yellow gold of the tourm/sapp setting!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope the ruby halo is enough to qualify for showing under this thread....

1.33ct G VS2 vintage marquis in custom ruby halo setting by @ericad of Love Affair Diamonds...

Marquise 1.JPG Marquise 2.JPG Marquise 3.JPG

BEAUTIFUL proportions of stones to stone and setting!!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chatoyancy thank you!
I think I may take you up on the offer to help find a stone. I guess I'll have to find out what size stone will fit there, right?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A simple blue sapphire ring today to tide me through the Friday blues :razz:
Your setting is amazing! There's probably a thread somewhere about it, but where did you find it?

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@chatoyancy thank you!
I think I may take you up on the offer to help find a stone. I guess I'll have to find out what size stone will fit there, right?
You’re welcome! I’d be happy to help.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your setting is amazing! There's probably a thread somewhere about it, but where did you find it?

Thank you. I'm currently based in Yangon, Myanmar. Where they can't manufacture fine work like that, in addition to differing stylistic concepts (the more gold, the more bling, the larger the prongs, the better). In this region, Hong Kong and China are best known for their designs and workmanship. The Hong Kong settings company flies over every quarter or so to pick up the stones to mount them back in Hong Kong/China, before flying in again with them. They used to bring over stock settings that could be modified (e.g. Ring 1's ring shank to mix with Ring 2's gallery), as well as some custom work. But we now discuss over Whatsapp on possible stock settings or new custom settings for the stones.

So far they've been good. There's an element of trust involved here, with passing them the stones and waiting a couple of months for them to bring them back. I had a pair of sapphire earrings that were too heavy in the front and needed a spring clasp/clip at the back, rather than the usual pointy stick. They took them back and changed it to the spring clasp at no extra cost.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results