shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waiting for the boys after grocery shopping and admiring my chrysoberyl in shoddy super market lighting. It's such a nice ring to wear out and about! I've always wanted a more casual version of my yellow diamond ring.

20171227_124149.jpg

20171227_124837.jpg

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Waiting for the boys after grocery shopping and admiring my chrysoberyl in shoddy super market lighting. It's such a nice ring to wear out and about! I've always wanted a more casual version of my yellow diamond ring.

20171227_124149.jpg

20171227_124837.jpg

This is absolutely my favorite

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing this little orangish-pink sapphire number today, which was sold to me by The Natural Sapphire Company, pre-Pricescope, as a padparadscha sapphire. ...
20171222_132254(resized).jpg

This is a VERY pretty stone in a lovely setting. A GREAT first gemstone project. I say wear it with pride and happiness. :D

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20171227_124837.jpg

Stunning! Not what I would call "casual!" It's a show stopper.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

20171227_124149.jpg

20171227_124837.jpg

Your ring has given me a new #gemgoal. To hunt for a nice sparkling chryso at the Feb 18 Bangkok Gem Fair!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring has given me a new #gemgoal. To hunt for a nice sparkling chryso at the Feb 18 Bangkok Gem Fair!

I can't wait to see what you're going to do with one!!!!!!!

And I wish I were going to the gem fair with you *wails*

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I'm wearing a new necklace from Yvonne Raley.
The middle is a tsavorite, then demantoids followed by mint garnets.

20171226_073017.jpg

I'm so glad you were the one who got this Elle! I was just about to buy it during her sale. It's so pretty. I love yellow gold and YR doesn't usually do a lot of ready made stuff in it. Looks amazing with your hair! If I got it I was planning to make earrings to match...;-)

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing this little orangish-pink sapphire number today, which was sold to me by The Natural Sapphire Company, pre-Pricescope, as a padparadscha sapphire. I must say I have my doubts now, especially post-PS, after comparing it against jaw-droppingly beautiful and certified padparadschas some of you lovely ladies own. Would any knowledgeable pricescoper be able to chip in on this? Or would it only be definitive if I send it to GIA etc. for re-certification?

20171222_132254(resized).jpg

20171222_132159_006 (resized).jpg

Anyway, this is the first piece of jewelry I bought after starting work and saving up for it, so it is a sentimental piece for keeping. It shows more orange in certain lighting conditions, but it's awfully hard to photograph.

Thanks again for looking and have a very blessed and Merry Christmas, everyone!

Hi, Sparkle-ruckle, I just love the color of your sapphire! I love to watch the colors in the sunset and look for gemstone colors. Yours is perfect! I know padparascha is supposed mean lotus colors, but to me it means the orangy pinks of the evening sky. You found a beautiful stone! Enjoy it in good health! :love:

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the vote of confidence, @elle_71125 and @Stone Hunter! I will definitely wear it more! It has been sitting dormant in the jewelry box for awhile, as I don't seem to intuitively reach for pink items in recent months.

@MissyBeaucoup , yes! I think of it as sunset colours too, and if I could find a dress in sunset colours, I would probably buy it :lol:! Thank you for liking my humble, little ring too!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad you were the one who got this Elle! I was just about to buy it during her sale. It's so pretty. I love yellow gold and YR doesn't usually do a lot of ready made stuff in it. Looks amazing with your hair! If I got it I was planning to make earrings to match...;-)

Aw, thank you! :kiss2:
You're right about the yellow gold. She does a lot more rose gold IMO. Hmm, earrings...that's a really great idea. :lickout:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Out to lunch with the boys.

When we were 19 hubby emptied his savings account (including $2000 he won for performing exceptionally well in high school) and took me ring shopping after he proposed. He was pretty much penniless after that and we lived off my part time waitressing job income and his part time tutoring income while we got ourselves through uni. This was long before the new jewellery additions and pretty coloured stones.

It doesn't come with any certification and probably would get a poor cut grade from GIA but it does sparkle and I wear it often because it's small and easy to wear without worrying about damage.

20171229_113119.jpg

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Out to lunch with the boys.

When we were 19 hubby emptied his savings account (including $2000 he won for performing exceptionally well in high school) and took me ring shopping after he proposed. He was pretty much penniless after that and we lived off my part time waitressing job income and his part time tutoring income while we got ourselves through uni. This was long before the new jewellery additions and pretty coloured stones.

It doesn't come with any certification and probably would get a poor cut grade from GIA but it does sparkle and I wear it often because it's small and easy to wear without worrying about damage.

20171229_113119.jpg

That is such a sweet, heartwarming and meaningful story behind that ring.
Not small at all!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black jade and star sapphire under florescent lights.

Just catching up with this thread, what a great combination ! The light seems to do not be good for the sapphire colour - so what I am seeing is a nearly colourless star sappire & black jade, asertive & elegant as few things ever manage at once ...

Sparkle_ruckle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
A little band with alternating emeralds and itsy bitsy diamonds, that I received as a gift (probably not of the best quality but I love the pop of green). It's paired with my diamond band of baguettes and rounds.

20180102_185825 (resized).jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results