shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see someone changed their avatar...:twisted:
So color is so perfect and the setting really plays it up. Can I help it that my eyes were drawn right over there. :lol::D

The cat in my avatar bloated when PS changed the format, and I could not find an old photo. So I had to change it. Maybe I shall change again.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cat in my avatar bloated when PS changed the format, and I could not find an old photo. So I had to change it. Maybe I shall change again.

Please, by all means give us an excuse as to why you changed it to a big, rare, intensely saturated stone set in a bespoke setting, because we clearly wouldn't understand otherwise! :lol:

I swear, sometimes you are a silly billy! ;-)

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank Arkteia and Blugemz! The solitaire is an Afghan tourm from Jeff White (it's my first and only JW and the cut is perfection and makes the tourm so bright). The eternity is a paraiba band from Yvonne Raley (in sunlight it really glows).

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1495.JPG
Felt like mixing metals and tourmalines today. I need to clean my rings before I take any more pics. :(

Don't know how I missed this one. :-o
I am loving the whole mixed metals. You made it look good! That tourmaline ring is gorgeous and the tourmaline band is one of my all time favorites! :kiss: I love the angles!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI: Tiffany Victoria /aqua earrings and Prehnite ring. today.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, love those aqua earrings ! Also, the prehnite ring has a lovely moodiness to it. Beautiful proportions in the cabochon.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3239.JPG IMG_3238.JPG Wearing my stackers today!
What elegant and subtle colors, especially worn together. I think they are very interesting , playful and pretty!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please, by all means give us an excuse as to why you changed it to a big, rare, intensely saturated stone set in a bespoke setting, because we clearly wouldn't understand otherwise! :lol:

I swear, sometimes you are a silly billy! ;-)

Big deal, spinels! Seen one and seen them all! ;-)

Cats are unique...

(I should be thrown out from this forum for blasphemy)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On Monday I wore this emerald ring. The glow is so hard to capture in real life.
20170717_123859.jpg

Today I'm wearing my blue zircon ring on left hand. Right hand is my sapphire and paraiba 3 stone ring (not pictured because I've posted it on this thread before, I think). :)
20170719_092253.jpg 20170719_093404.jpg

Beautiful rings, I esp. love the emerald. And the bracelet is great, too, I am starting to understand how much time and planning goes into well-matched pearls.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I arrived in California today while on vacation. 2 years ago, I stopped at one of my favorite jade shops and saw a deep grey/blue-ish lavender A grade jadeite bangle. I loved it but had already purchased a bangle on that trip, so I did not get it.
Today , I stopped back by, and the same bangle was still there! So I bought it, hoping that it will go with my new star sapphire ring, which will arrive later this week. Even if they don't go together perfectly, I'm enchanted by the dark and mysterious color of this jadeite bangle. Actually, they had 3 from the same jadeite boulder in the same color, but this was the thickest one. Of all my blue /lavender jades, this is the darkest because it has a lovely, even grey in it, with occasional clouds of blue green. Reminds me of twilight!

Attachments

• IMG_3822.JPG
    IMG_3822.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3823.JPG
    IMG_3823.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_3793.jpg

Here is a fun chart of the lavender jadeite color range , heading into blue from Mason Kay, ( they have gorgeous, grade A jades! ) finding blue jade is quite difficult.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

...must have those earrings.......must have those earrings.....must have those earrings.....

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For comparison, to see the darkness of the bangle, here are my blue jadeite beads, which are the next darkest bluish jadeite that I own. IMG_3824.JPG

That greyish blue reminds me of the ocean before dawn, lots of grey and blue in the waters before the warm shades of the morning sun rays get there. :love:.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HOLY CRAP ARKTEIA! I totally stalked you trying to find more pictures of that Mahenge. GIMME MORE!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HOLY CRAP ARKTEIA! I totally stalked you trying to find more pictures of that Mahenge. GIMME MORE!!

I should, Athenaworth! I am diligently waiting for Galaxy Note 8 with the new camera to be released, in the meantime, my old phone broke, I bought the cheapest one and I am camera-less. :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That greyish blue reminds me of the ocean before dawn, lots of grey and blue in the waters before the warm shades of the morning sun rays get there. :love:.

Yes, you're right! Thank you ! It's like ocean water at the faintest glow of first light. This bangle has got layers of colors, it's hard to describe. It's just mysterious. It feels like secrets whispered in dark mists and I sense that I'm wearing a slice of that feeling.

Here's one more picture of it next to another blue jade bangle. I like the heft better of the lighter blue one, but the deeper grey blue draws me in more. IMG_3864.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also recently saw this cabochon of jadeite, which I LOVE!! It's similar in the mood of darkness, but has a lavender rather than blue green hue. there are some clouds of this color in the new bangle...but If i ever found a bangle completely this color, I'd do whatever I could to aquire it. This cab would make a wonderful ring!
IMG_3828.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results