shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
I swear, this thing is a hazard. I’m going to end up driving off the road from being distracted. *dreamy sigh*

17546CB1-C551-4E09-BDEF-BF97CE81B647.jpeg

That color and rocket cut, awesome!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone had a thread about gem cleaner, well, I can't find it, but I tried this brand called Goddard's jewelry cleaner (it states it's safe for all gems, but I wouldn't clean porous ones), and OMG!!! The luster came back on my spinel!! I cleaned some other rings. You can see the difference, the surface is so shiny and mirrorlike. I can't stop staring at it!! I could not get the dust and smudges out of my demantoid, I thought they were inclusions for the longest time, and here it is very clean, stacked with a lavender dirty spinel.

rings3.jpg rings2.jpg rings1.jpg

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Someone had a thread about gem cleaner, well, I can't find it, but I tried this brand called Goddard's jewelry cleaner (it states it's safe for all gems, but I wouldn't clean porous ones), and OMG!!! The luster came back on my spinel!! I cleaned some other rings. You can see the difference, the surface is so shiny and mirrorlike. I can't stop staring at it!! I could not get the dust and smudges out of my demantoid, I thought they were inclusions for the longest time, and here it is very clean, stacked with a lavender dirty spinel.

rings3.jpg rings2.jpg rings1.jpg

What form does it take? Liquid in a bottle or a pen? I love Godard’s for many other cleaning needs, but don’t remember seeing a jewelry cleaner. Off to see if I can buy it somewhere near here or order…. ;)2

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What form does it take? Liquid in a bottle or a pen? I love Godard’s for many other cleaning needs, but don’t remember seeing a jewelry cleaner. Off to see if I can buy it somewhere near here or order…. ;)2

it came in a plastic jar. It's on amazon.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Love my Connoisseurs dazzle stick and was wondering if anyone is using the delicate cleaner for their semi precious jewelry or pearls and would recommend the cleaner?

EEC004AE-469D-49A7-AF66-07DC9A14DAB1.jpeg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love my Connoisseurs dazzle stick and was wondering if anyone is using the delicate cleaner for their semi precious jewelry or pearls and would recommend the cleaner?

EEC004AE-469D-49A7-AF66-07DC9A14DAB1.jpeg

Absolutely love the dazzle stick for the diamonds.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Talk about all dressed up with no where to go
We were going to go up the hospital to get Gary checked out so he can get the booster vacine as he seemed to have had a reaction to the 2nd shot and you need a prescription to get the vacine that isn't Pfizer ...but there were too many cars in the car park so Gary didn't want to join that long a quee so we came home

it has been hot for weeks and hardly any of my rings fit right now
took me ages to find a suitable tread and i cant show you the rose gold pink ring because at best its a synthetic tourmaline but probably just pretty glass, but its like i took inspiration from a fun little bit of fluff i brought over xmas - im putting it in a spoiler but they are genuine gems but just squint your eyes so i don't get in trouble for the dyed pearls
20220209_214408.jpg
I didn't actually but its a fun coincidence
Its literly what will fit
my Tibby memorial stack and (thankfully) recently resized peridot
I wouldn't usually go out with all the colours but the questionable pink one was begging for an outting

Attachments

• 20220210_142240.jpg
    20220210_142240.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 25

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
I looove your antique ruby ring and I would not call it dinky. The craftsmanship of those old Victorian/Edwardian pieces is amazing!

Thank you. I was confused by your comment, then looked up the meaning of dinky - I meant it in the British sense :mrgreen2:

1645293489680.png

I've wanted one of these for a while, so glad to have one now (particularly in a size that fits my fat fingers!)

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
Thank you. I was confused by your comment, then looked up the meaning of dinky - I meant it in the British sense :mrgreen2:

1645293489680.png

I've wanted one of these for a while, so glad to have one now (particularly in a size that fits my fat fingers!)

Oh, how about that! I just learned a new meaning to the word! In the US "dinky" isn't complimentary. Your ring is gorgeous, sorry for the confusion! I love those antique pieces, the 18k gold and carved shoulders is beautiful!! :)

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how about that! I just learned a new meaning to the word! In the US "dinky" isn't complimentary. Your ring is gorgeous, sorry for the confusion! I love those antique pieces, the 18k gold and carved shoulders is beautiful!! :)

Yeah, I was surprised too. Totally opposite meaning, and there I was thinking that dinky was maybe just a British expression.

Yes, the gold and the details are lovely. I do like carved shoulders - I wonder why they don't do them so much these days (is it because of preference for white gold/platinum or nothing to do with that and more of a modern taste thing)?

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I was surprised too. Totally opposite meaning, and there I was thinking that dinky was maybe just a British expression.

Yes, the gold and the details are lovely. I do like carved shoulders - I wonder why they don't do them so much these days (is it because of preference for white gold/platinum or nothing to do with that and more of a modern taste thing)?

It comes down to a lack of that skillset. It is a lost art/dying art to be able to do that sort of hand work. You have yourself a true treasure there. May I ask, is it hallmarked? You might be able to learn the year it was assayed. There are usually a series of hallmarks inside the shank with maker's mark (sometimes) 18ct, the assay office (symbol) and letter date. It is great fun to check!

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
It was hallmarked at one stage but it's now faded and consists of several square-looking bumps.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing my new to me Chalcedony, Tsavorite and diamond pendant. I swear it looks more like Moonstone though.

IMG_1386 (002).jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results