shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
These are now my favorite Tahitians as well!
LOL! I should have said that these are my favourite of the Tahitians that I'm so fortunate to own.

The colors!! :kiss2:
Right?! Every time I am tempted by Tahitians online, I gaze at this one (which always sits in an abalone shell on my desk) and back away from the website(s). For my heart and eyes, it would be pretty difficult to meet or "beat" this strand.

Whoooaaaa. We need a bajillion more pictures!
LOL! I will rummage around and see what I have. They're scattered all over the place on my computer, the phone and the iPad. And that is correct, I do NOT use iCloud or all would be organized.

@SparklieBug Simply breathtaking! His pearls are out of this world.
Yes, I agree, Robert Wans pearls are amazing!

yes more pictures please. love, love the colors!
Thank you! As mentioned, I shall see what I can find for photos.

Wow, they are surreal
The pearls often look like those "mystic" beads that glow in various lighting.

Holy bunny balls!!! I'm in love!!!!!!!!
LOL! You're so hilarious! Thank you.

One day I was in a store wearing this strand (summertime) and the sales associate exclaimed, "Oh! I loooove your beads!" Inside, I was cackling with laughter and glee. Outside, I was very polite and thanked her as I refrained from saying anything else. :lol: She was genuinely delighted. Me too.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@SparklieBug I try.... :) Those really are otherworldly. I love this thread! I think so many people don't know what Tahitian pearls are. I was on a Zoom meeting last week and wearing my blue Akoya and a co-worker and friend asked about them and I told her they were pearls. She then got so excited and told me about her good fortune at Disney, and how she always gets lucky with the blue pearls at the pearl picking station. She's a good friend. I just let it slide.

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Trying some chain on pearl layering. I keep reassuring myself that the chain isn’t damaging the pearls haha.

065D8649-E577-4856-8E2B-7F28E02516CD.jpeg

I love the chain with the pearls. I don't know how old you are but today I saw two pretty high school girls strolling around our town center, one had on a small pearl choker and a gold chain. Wondered if she was reading our thread, LOL.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the chain with the pearls. I don't know how old you are but today I saw two pretty high school girls strolling around our town center, one had on a small pearl choker and a gold chain. Wondered if she was reading our thread, LOL.

Haha maybe! I was on pricescope while I was in college so maybe high schoolers are venturing here now and again.

I’m in my mid 30s now though will still get asked if I’m a student. Especially as covid weight has gone to my cheeks to give me that chubby baby face look again

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loupe Troop Luster! Whoohoo, this just came from Belgium via a LT sale. I'll see the colors tomorrow but I am all about this luster!
20210222_194344.jpg

Ooohh shiny! I love the silver and gold tones. Goes very well with your sweater too.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:
I had a faux pearl choker last year in high school !

Two days ago I was trying on clothes down the mall and the piped music was playing early Madonna
That coupled with all the bright coloured jeans and shorts i was looking at i felt like i was back in high school (tourquoise and lime and purple)
I would love '80's jewlery to have a revival
Also alot of the shirts and tops came with long chains

Our clothes are 6 months behind (at best) im hoping its not just a passing moment

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha maybe! I was on pricescope while I was in college so maybe high schoolers are venturing here now and again.

I’m in my mid 30s now though will still get asked if I’m a student. Especially as covid weight has gone to my cheeks to give me that chubby baby face look again

Lucky you =)2

I always looked younger than i was

until recently
I look in the mirror and stress has caught up with me

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
80’s girl here too. Would love to wear my yellow gold unicorn pendant again, of course with pearls.

The grocery store is always playing

obscure 80’s songs, sometimes I think they are spying on my phone and curating the music so I stay longer and buy more!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Old school, vintage Akoyas today with newly matched earrings. The strand was restrung a couple of years ago and I have not worn these enough to relax the necklace yet. All pearls deserve wearing now and then. 20210226_074955.jpg

Last edited:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wearing them is the best way to keep them healthy!

Can I ask what the size range is?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Wearing them is the best way to keep them healthy!

Can I ask what the size range is?

Sure. 5.3 to 8.8. I bought them years ago on ebay. Terrible picture but I could see the luster. I think from 1950s or 60s.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edisons and another grey T-shirt. Ignore the candle smudge on my hands please.

IMG_8679.jpg

IMG_8688.jpg

Glamour pic at my computer desk. :)

IMG_8695.jpg

Last edited:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
@MakingTheGrade Love those two combos with the tiny pearl choker.

@MMtwo You have reminded me that I should haul out some old golden Akoyas and wear them. They're li'l guys (8mm-ish) and longer than I usually wear but... I could maybe hang a bauble on them.

Ooooh! @Lisa Loves Shiny, is that one strand or two? Either way, it's fab!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Whoohoo! An outing, today! LOL! Even though it was to the periodontist.

Mondo-huge circle Tahitians. Haven’t the vaguest idea where I bought them. Just that it’s been quite a few years. They’re really heavy so I don’t wear them in summer much. Great with sweaters in winter.

They’re 14.5 to 15.87 (by my digi calipers), and very colorful!

BF2200D0-19FB-414E-8F31-FFB625FAD00B.jpeg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mondo-huge circle Tahitians. Haven’t the vaguest idea where I bought them. Just that it’s been quite a few years. They’re really heavy so I don’t wear them in summer much. Great with sweaters in winter.

Oh how I love these! The shapes, the size, the color. Did I mention the size? Lol

How did your appointment go? I had my teeth cleaned yesterday and my hygienist told me there are quite a few people who have not been back in to get their teeth cleaned because of the pandemic.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for asking, @Lisa Loves Shiny Last year about this time, I had a crown break off that was really close to the gum line. This was a big molar. Then COVID. Eventually, when things opened up a bit over the summer, after a thorough chat with my dentist, I opted to have an implant.

So, slow-mo, this visit was to check on the implant (it's beautiful, evidently) and continue building bone getting ready for the crown itself in a couple months.

Hmph. Yes, health is important, but dang!, those implants really cut into one's pearlie-sparklie funds! LOL!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Old school, vintage Akoyas today with newly matched earrings. The strand was restrung a couple of years ago and I have not worn these enough to relax the necklace yet. All pearls deserve wearing now and then. 20210226_074955.jpg

That looks lovelly
i bet they are happy to be out and about after so long

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for asking, @Lisa Loves Shiny Last year about this time, I had a crown break off that was really close to the gum line. This was a big molar. Then COVID. Eventually, when things opened up a bit over the summer, after a thorough chat with my dentist, I opted to have an implant.

So, slow-mo, this visit was to check on the implant (it's beautiful, evidently) and continue building bone getting ready for the crown itself in a couple months.

Hmph. Yes, health is important, but dang!, those implants really cut into one's pearlie-sparklie funds! LOL!

Well they do call teeth the pearlly whites ....
good news the dentist did such a good job and all is going to plan

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Wow ! :love: :love: :love:
Nice for the podiatrist too
Got to be nicer than looking at feet all day

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you. The poor little shut aways are probably thrilled for a wearing. Poor things.

I personalise material objects alot :lol:
I bet they were dying to show off their new tight thread *

*if they were looking anything like my mum's pearls right now - all saggy and baggy desperately in need of a restring :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results