shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today? Pearl edition!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A place to post your days pearl stylings! Layering? Stacking? T-shirt’s? Suits?

Bring on all the photos! This is the place to share the joy and pretty pics with none of the guilt of “too many” posts.

I’ll start with my schlubbing it choice of T-shirt and Tahitian drop.
01C0B029-A0F6-480B-946E-3D50CDBE77DF.jpeg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to the grocery store wearing my FW Tahitians (really just purple Edisons) and a longer ringed Tahitian strand. Heavy and comforting.

IMG_7785.jpg

IMG_7781.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! This makes me wonder if I’d like something this length in a darker pearl. I always thought long lengths looked too formal but maybe that’s just white strands...

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the texture on those!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@MakingTheGrade they are 11mm - 13mm. I would have preferred slightly bigger though. I do like a 14-15mm size=)2 I like to feel a bit of weight - I find it strangely comforting.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MakingTheGrade they are 11mm - 13mm. I would have preferred slightly bigger though. I do like a 14-15mm size=)2 I like to feel a bit of weight - I find it strangely comforting.

I just ordered a necklace that’s 10-12mm and worried it might be too big but now I’m much reassured!

I feel that way about my jadeite bangle, the weight is reassuring.

I’m curious to find out if Pearl shrinkage syndrome is a thing. Haha. I know it was certainly true of diamonds for me!

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
@MakingTheGrade my first strand of pearls that a bought for myself were 11-15mm Tahitians. As soon as I got them I knew I liked the 14-15mm size in that strand the best - and still do!

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Ooooo I’ve been tempted by their pearl chains before. How do you like them?

The chain is nice but I see what seems to be similar pearls at a fraction of the price at Wen.

Initially I wanted the pendant hanging from the pearls but the bale is to small to go over the clasp. I find I tug and adjust the strand throughout the day, I think one day I will tug and the pearls will all go flying. Sooo I think I am going to make a DIY pearl chain.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
So weird-out of the blue I decided to wear these earrings today and then I came upon this thread :) 9EF7B1D3-8546-4BC5-8CF7-E57BE83F2F7E.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You gals are killing me
I have ear ache and took out most of my earings for a few days but i did wear these to the chemist yesterday
I just ordered a necklace that’s 10-12mm and worried it might be too big but now I’m much reassured!

I feel that way about my jadeite bangle, the weight is reassuring.

I’m curious to find out if Pearl shrinkage syndrome is a thing. Haha. I know it was certainly true of diamonds for me!

Its a thing !
When i brought my pearls (from the mall jewler so overpayed and dubious quality) i didn't want to get bigger pearls than the one on mum's strand
Now i wish mum's strand was more Pearl Slaghoople (Wilma Flintstone's mom)
Screenshot_20210129-132556.png

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds @MakingTheGrade thanks! You ladies are inspiring me. I need to get earrings adjusted (the backs are a little tight) so I can wear these earrings more often!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am having my best friends over for dinner tonight. It will be casual. I am wearing a newly strung Apatite bead necklace with a pewter pendant and leftover Tahitian pearls along with a light cherry/green baroque Tahitian necklace.

IMG_7911.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am having my best friends over for dinner tonight. It will be casual. I am wearing a newly strung Apatite bead necklace with a pewter pendant and leftover Tahitian pearls along with a light cherry/green baroque Tahitian necklace.

IMG_7911.jpg

IMG_7901.jpg

These look stunning
Enjoy your dinner

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results