shape
carat
color
clarity

What Are You Puttering With Today?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Packing up Christmas trees, made Calzones (first attempt, I need to get better), drank wine, looked at wigs, washed the cat bed. Life is exciting.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I mostly laid in bed like a bum. And when I wasn't I was making meals lol. We had turkey and mashed potatos with carrot and onion. It was super good. It's a more finicky meal for me than our usual ones so I usually take the chance to be more lazy on turkey cooking days lol.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Started on crafting a card for my best friend. We have been friends for over 26 years & though we hardly see each other (live on opposite ends of the country) we still are close.
Of course there is also laundry, taking care of the kids, etc etc

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
Aww, perfect thread for a Sunday!

Such yummy candles @Lisa Loves Shiny. And grey and yellow are the Pantone colours of the year so they are right on trend. :geek2:

@missy, I love herons! We have grey herons here in Ireland and they can often be seen in the neighbourhood. Personally I think they're even more elegant than the swans. But I'm that odd person haha.

I've been working on hand knitting a scarf, and (finally) reached the goal of 40 inches today, which is about half of the targeted entire length. DH and I sat down on New Year's Day and tried to teach ourselves to knit from a book (and somehow succeeded), so it looks like I've gotten myself a new hobby...

Here's the very basic garter stitch scarf from a tweedy brown Aran/heavy worsted yarn.

DSC_1026_2021-01-11-01.jpg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Aww, perfect thread for a Sunday!

Such yummy candles @Lisa Loves Shiny. And grey and yellow are the Pantone colours of the year so they are right on trend. :geek2:

@missy, I love herons! We have grey herons here in Ireland and they can often be seen in the neighbourhood. Personally I think they're even more elegant than the swans. But I'm that odd person haha.

I've been working on hand knitting a scarf, and (finally) reached the goal of 40 inches today, which is about half of the targeted entire length. DH and I sat down on New Year's Day and tried to teach ourselves to knit from a book (and somehow succeeded), so it looks like I've gotten myself a new hobby...

Here's the very basic garter stitch scarf from a tweedy brown Aran/heavy worsted yarn.

DSC_1026_2021-01-11-01.jpg

I'm impressed. I have a friend who also dyes/spins her own yarn and knits the most amazing things. She tried to teach me and that failed so badly I ended up just helping her dye/spin/wind!

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
@goldnsilver that is fantastic! I tried learning to knit many years ago but wasn't able to.
I would love to see it finished

I'm impressed. I have a friend who also dyes/spins her own yarn and knits the most amazing things. She tried to teach me and that failed so badly I ended up just helping her dye/spin/wind!

Thank you @Polabowla and @ItsMainelyYou! I do make clothes and have been hand-stitching for many years, so I suspect I may have an unfair advantage in that some of the hand movements are similar between sewing and knitting. It was definitely still confusing and awkward for the fingers in the beginning though, especially since we were trying to figure things out from a book rather than Youtube tutorial videos (DH gave me DK Publishing's "A Little Course in Knitting" book for Christmas so we thought we had better put it to use). I actually got so confused that I got a headache by the end of the evening and had to take paracetamol to retrieve the will to live. :lol-2:

You should totally give it another try! I think learning knitting has gotten much easier with all the Youtube videos that are available nowadays. As soon as I started checking them out,, everything made a lot more sense.

Hopefully the scarf will be done soon, I try to sneak in a few rows whenever I can hehe. I don't think I've owned a knitted scarf in years (not even a machine made one, because for some reason I just hadn't been very into knit wear), so I'm very excited. Also looking forward to adding some fringes/tassels to give it a little help in the looks department.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi @goldnsilver! I am odd too then because I agree. :)
They are graceful and elegant and when they take flight it is a sight to see. It is amazing. Their wingspan so large. They are a joy to see in flight!

I also love the symbolism of the Heron.

"
Primarily, the Heron is a symbol of beauty because it prospers and flourishes in the majestic realm where the land and shore dance in a symphony.

The result is a wondrous spectacle. The marriage of the two elegant energies of water and land is included in the meaning of herons.

The heron shows us the abundance of life in the sea, for when we see the peace, contentment, and tranquility that the heron finds at the edge of the waters, we are assured of the plethora of life present inside the waters."

blueheroninflight.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm going to make a pie for my DH.
It's a certain kind of 'birthday' for him, 17 years sober, so he needs a treat!

Congratulations @stracci2000! That is wonderful!
And he is lucky to have you by his side.

Here is the finished pie. Homemade crust.
I think DH will like it!
IMG_20210110_160736.jpg

That looks so delicious. I can almost smell and taste it from here. Oh I wish. :lickout:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We put away all our Christmas decorations. The house looks so empty now.

We are keeping our tree up for now. It only has lights (no decorations because of the kitties destroying everything they touch) and it cheers me up. I am calling it our winter tree and it is staying up for a while at least. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packing up Christmas trees, made Calzones (first attempt, I need to get better), drank wine, looked at wigs, washed the cat bed. Life is exciting.

I yearn for this kind of excitement @MMtwo. Sounds purrrrfect to me. :)

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are keeping our tree up for now. It only has lights (no decorations because of the kitties destroying everything they touch) and it cheers me up. I am calling it our winter tree and it is staying up for a while at least. :)

Me too, Missy! I keep hearing about how everyone's decorations are gone, but I usually keep mine up as long as the snow season is here. Love the idea of calling it a winter tree! Mine cheers me up too, with these long dark nights and the cold. I actually have two - a seven-foot white sparkly tree and then a six-foot magenta pencil tree, which is very thin. I call that one "the accent tree"! Plus I have a couple of sparkly lanterns. It looks so cheerful in the evenings, why spoil it?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm going to bleach my teeth and dye my eyelashes ( - must be careful to get those in the right order). And I'll make a pot of my super easy, super delicious vege and chicken low-carb-friendly soup. It's incredibly easy and super-dooper-nutritious. Hit me up if anyone wants the recipe.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
On the other hand, @ItsMainelyYou - you DO have the most gorgeous ring stack in the whole world!

So there's that.

Aww, thank you, lovely lady:oops:

That's very kind and it magically makes my back ache less. So, magic you are!:bigsmile:
I have been longingly looking at them for days. And at this rate, it'll only be a couple more weeks until I finish!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I have the recipe, please? I have a bunch of chicken and veg to use up. Thanks!

Absolutely!

2 x 14oz containers of mire poix
two 15oz cans of kern kernels
I 9oz carton of fresh edemame
1/2 jar x 24oz of tomato sauce
1.5 cartons of chicken bone broth
1 generously rounded tablespoon of Better Than Bouillon
1 finely chopped BBQ chicken

Fry the mire poix in olive oil and 2 cloves of minely chopped garlic for 5 minutes
Add the kernels, including fluid
Add the edemame
Add the tomato sauce, bone broth and Better Than Bouillon
Add all the chopped chicken meat

Simmer gently for 1/2 an hour and let sit for a few hours before reheating.

Serve and enjoy!

It's delicious, freezes perfectly, and everyone likes it.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Today I made white chili and in an hour or two I am going to go make popcorn. We haven't had any in our house in a couple months lol. My toddler's bedtime cannot come quickly enough. Come on 2000!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely!

2 x 14oz containers of mire poix
two 15oz cans of kern kernels
I 9oz carton of fresh edemame
1/2 jar x 24oz of tomato sauce
1.5 cartons of chicken bone broth
1 generously rounded tablespoon of Better Than Bouillon
1 finely chopped BBQ chicken

Fry the mire poix in olive oil and 2 cloves of minely chopped garlic for 5 minutes
Add the kernels, including fluid
Add the edemame
Add the tomato sauce, bone broth and Better Than Bouillon
Add all the chopped chicken meat

Simmer gently for 1/2 an hour and let sit for a few hours before reheating.

Serve and enjoy!

It's delicious, freezes perfectly, and everyone likes it.

I had to look up mire poix.
There is nothing mrs-b does not do to perfection.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Well deserved.
Although your collection of diamond jewelry is without equal, in my eyes, what I admire most is your gift for giving original and sincere compliments. You have said the lovliest things to fellow PSers. It lifts my heart.
Ever get north of Milwaukee? Probably not.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's summer here, and the last 2 days have been beautiful and hot. Beach days with my kids, and friends and their kids. Changed the sheets on all the beds this morning, after 2 full swimming days my kids are exhausted and looking forward to bed time in fresh beds. It's my baby's 5th birthday tomorrow, so present wrapping tonight!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would post what I'm ... uhm ... "puttering with", but this is a family website. :oops:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I moved this today.
it required all dangles removed and then re hung.
If there was any doubt I’m addicted to bling, this is it.
it started off as a way of displaying my Swarovski Christmas Stars and morphed into a full on bling festival. I made up a ton of crystal bead dangles and smothered it.
Feeling the “built in“ lights on the tree were insufficient I bought more and wrapped them around the branches.
It’s AB330FBA-48B7-427F-BF3C-18FF2EAF7E9B.jpeg very pretty, especially at night.

Attachments

• D0EF0B3E-A01D-40E9-A406-72257703498D.jpeg
    D0EF0B3E-A01D-40E9-A406-72257703498D.jpeg
    353.1 KB · Views: 9

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I moved this today.
it required all dangles removed and then re hung.
If there was any doubt I’m addicted to bling, this is it.
it started off as a way of displaying my Swarovski Christmas Stars and morphed into a full on bling festival. I made up a ton of crystal bead dangles and smothered it.
Feeling the “built in“ lights on the tree were insufficient I bought more and wrapped them around the branches.
It’s AB330FBA-48B7-427F-BF3C-18FF2EAF7E9B.jpeg very pretty, especially at night.

Lovelly :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
and i inspirational
i tried to hang my Swarovski stars and oriniments that had never been out of their boxes for almost 20 years
It was a bit of a failure
I think i need to find a good sturdy branch and knock up a base for it
I hung them off shrubbary i put in a big vase but it wasnt well balanced and was an accident waiting to happen so it didn't even make it to Christmas when the heat of the afternoon sun wilted it :mrgreen2:

My Christmas decorations are half down
The Queen keeps her's up till the 6th feb

We use some of the lights by the hall door as a night light so Gary doesn't walk into the door at night - the Asbedestria is enjoying the attention

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll be puttering with my feather duster and cleaning all the balustrades in the house :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results