shape
carat
color
clarity

What advice would you give your younger self, if you could?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
*learn budgeting and finance
*study abroad
*be less prideful, learn to ask for help
*learn time management
*do not dye your hair 3 times in 3 months! DO NOT DO IT! And when you cut your hair, shave it all off. Why the heck not? Take the money that the guys offered you and rock hairlessness. The pictures and memoried will be priceless!
*major in public policy, it's more practical than American studies...
20.gif

*don't spend so much time or energy worrying about C. You two will break up, and it will be fine. You'll always be friends, and that is how it should be.
*Be nice to R.
2.gif
Trust me on this one...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 3:53:53 PM
Author: Elmorton
Gypsy, THANK YOU for this thread!! I had so much fun writing/reading...

....and I asked my students to do this as a free-writing activity at the beginning of class today. They loved it, too! I didn't require they share if they didn't want to, but we were laughing so hard at some of the 'nuggets' of advice that they did share for their former selves.
Aww... I'm so happy you used it in your class!!!

It's been a lot of fun. I chuckle everytime I see "save money/manage finances/reject credit cards" from a bunch of bling addicts (myself included in that, I'm in good company!).

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Lets see........
1) don''t smoke!
2)be kinder to your pesky parents because they really do love you.
3)you are beautiful so be happy in your skin.
4)sleep in well you can.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Always trust your instincts.
Never sell your self short.
Lovers are like buses - if you miss one, another one will be along shortly.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And then there''s the graduation speech from "Carousel", which is the best advice I ever heard in my life:

"I can''t tell you any sure way to happiness. I only know that you''ve gotta go out and find it for yourself. You can''t lean on the success of your parents. That''s their success. And don''t be held back by their failures. Makes no difference what they did or didn''t do. You just stand on your own two feet. The world belongs to you as much as to the next fella, so don''t give it up. And try not to be scared of people not liking you, just you try liking them. And just keep your faith, and your courage, and you''ll turn out all right."

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 8:11:08 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
And then there''s the graduation speech from ''Carousel'', which is the best advice I ever heard in my life:

''I can''t tell you any sure way to happiness. I only know that you''ve gotta go out and find it for yourself. You can''t lean on the success of your parents. That''s their success. And don''t be held back by their failures. Makes no difference what they did or didn''t do. You just stand on your own two feet. The world belongs to you as much as to the next fella, so don''t give it up. And try not to be scared of people not liking you, just you try liking them. And just keep your faith, and your courage, and you''ll turn out all right.''
As always, wisest words ever courtesy of Madam and ''Carousel''
35.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I'd probably tell myself to not trust people so easily...that not everyone will always have my best interests at heart.

Also, everything hard is really a building block and it's all temporary, if you get past it you'll be better off, you'll land on your feet and you'll be okay.

Don't allow stupid morons to break your heart.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results