shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s under your Christmas tree?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always buy myself a jewellery gift for Christmas or two or three or.....
This Christmas I’m doing Jade, well, attempting to do Jade.
i also do eBay, pre loved and possibly a “find”.
First up my Jade bangle. Goodness what a minefield it is and needing a 62mm picking are slim.
In my infinite wisdom I figured if I spend $200 or less, then as long as it’s pretty and not glass or plastic, grade B, C, or B and C no complaints.
it doesn’t glow under UV, it has colour below the surface, it has stone lines and crystals so fingers crossed it’s a B.
Next up a necklace. This was $140. The chain is 14kt white gold and i rather liked the flower carving. Needs a good clean though, it’s in transit still.
what’s under your Chrissy tree? 9F9E56F5-575C-4F1E-8599-6587AA33FBA8.jpeg 139B5724-BCEE-40F6-9368-7D49D18FDD16.jpeg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ummm nothing because I’ve been a naughty girl this year... :oops:

Lots of presents for my kids probably, as usual... from their daddy, mummy, Santa (yeah he exists), grandparents, aunt, etc...

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was browsing eBay looking at emerald rings, but I can't justify even a 300+ ring right now, because this year had a lot of additional expenses (braces for youngest, bedroom/bathroom remodel, medical costs for both me and my cat, etc). So my new bathroom will be the thing under the tree! I'm also getting a wool rug for the bedroom, so if I can get my butt in gear and patch, paint the walls and repair/install molding, a nice looking bedroom will also be under the tree. Maybe next xmas a green stone ring of some sort.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing. This year we spent all our money on animals. Rescue animals, rescue charities and our animals who had and are still having a challenging health year. That’s not to say I didn’t make a few impulse purchases in the past few months because I did. Out of moments of weakness and desire for something positive. So I bought 3 coats. A few pairs of SW boots. And an AVC moissantie ring from Jonathan. But none of those were gifts. Just impulse buys.

We did buy holiday and anniversary gifts for our nieces and nephew and mom and dad and aunt and uncle. But that’s it for holiday gifts. The best present we could get is a clean bill of health for our cats and hoping that happens. :pray:

Literally though wants under our Christmas tree? Why, cats of course. :sun:

6A01A8C2-3478-470C-B587-92C30A691F43.jpeg

01181D12-2941-42F3-B222-0C0E2E53C1AA.jpeg

3B40DEC4-B803-4A1A-888A-3A90F4193663.jpeg

C5B34402-FD73-4C2F-9FC7-9624C05837C8.jpeg

Some holiday pics from last year. As soon as we put up the tree I’ll share more pics. Generally the theme for us this holiday (and every holiday) are cats.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing for me either. I'm a big girl and I don't need presents from DH.
I just spent almost $1400 combined on dental care, car insurance, and a new car battery.
Last month I foolishly spent on an impulse ring purchase at a gem show.
And yesterday I bought a beautiful stained glass window hanging, because I couldn't resist.
So no more spending if I can help it.

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing. This year we spent all our money on animals. Rescue animals, rescue charities and our animals who had and are still having a challenging health year. That’s not to say I didn’t make a few impulse purchases in the past few months because I did. Out of moments of weakness and desire for something positive. So I bought 3 coats. A few pairs of SW boots. And an AVC moissantie ring from Jonathan. But none of those were gifts. Just impulse buys.

We did buy holiday and anniversary gifts for our nieces and nephew and mom and dad and aunt and uncle. But that’s it for holiday gifts. The best present we could get is a clean bill of health for our cats and hoping that happens. :pray:

Some holiday pics from last year. As soon as we put up the tree I’ll share more pics. Generally the theme for us this holiday (and every holiday) are cats.

Missy, I've been keeping up with the RW saga, and I hope you get great news soon!
Hoping for healthy and happy cats this holiday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I've been keeping up with the RW saga, and I hope you get great news soon!
Hoping for healthy and happy cats this holiday!

Thanks so much Stracci. I feel like crying right now. Our dryer broke this AM and so did our dishwasher the other day. Less than 2 years old the dishwasher. The dryer really hurts as we still have huge amounts of laundry to do. I feel like we are hemorrhaging money. But if we can just get the cats well it’s all worth it. I’m just scared we aren’t there yet. I am literally falling apart. It’s been 5 months of hell beginning with Francesca’s unexpected death. Sorry to be a downer I just had to get it out. Or I’ll explode. I heard if one fakes a smile long enough one actually starts to feel happy. Let’s see if it works. :(. I know I have to maintain good humor or I’ll have a breakdown. Physically and mentally. Whew. I really unloaded. Thanks for listening. XO

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Stracci. I feel like crying right now. Our dryer broke this AM and so did our dishwasher the other day. Less than 2 years old the dishwasher. And we still have huge amounts of laundry to do. I feel like we are hemorrhaging money. But if we can just get the cats well it’s all worth it. I’m just scared we aren’t there yet. I am literally falling apart. It’s been 5 months of hell beginning with Francesca’s unexpected death. Sorry to be a downer I just had to get it out. Or I’ll explode. I heard if one fakes a smile long enough one actually starts to feel happy. Let’s see if it works. :(. I know I have to maintain good humor or I’ll have a breakdown. Physically and mentally. Whew. I really unloaded. Thanks for listening. XO

You are probably over the worst of it. Hopefully your next culture results will be negative, and you can stop the crazy washing and cleaning regimen.
Have your DH hang a clothes line somewhere in the house and hang the clothes until you get a new dryer. It will be like the old days!
It can't be helped, and the clothes just wont get the super hot cycle for a short time.
And wash dishes by hand, too. I do it every day, 'cause there's only two of us.
Don't despair! It will be OK.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are probably over the worst of it. Hopefully your next culture results will be negative, and you can stop the crazy washing and cleaning regimen.
Have your DH hang a clothes line somewhere in the house and hang the clothes until you get a new dryer. It will be like the old days!
It can't be helped, and the clothes just wont get the super hot cycle for a short time.
And wash dishes by hand, too. I do it every day, 'cause there's only two of us.
Don't despair! It will be OK.

We need the high heat just in case RW is still present. That’s the problem. Everything we wash needs high heat til they’re clear. But I do love freshly dried outside clothes. Just not while we’re going through RW gate. Thanks for brainstorming for us Stracci.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the threadjack. Back to regularly scheduled programming :kiss:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need the high heat just in case RW is still present. That’s the problem. Everything we wash needs high heat til they’re clear. But I do love freshly dried outside clothes. Just not while we’re going through RW gate. Thanks for brainstorming for us Stracci.

How quickly can you get a new dryer? Will an appliance store deliver today or Monday?
I wonder how quickly you can get one to the house.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm treating myself by setting a number of custom projects, with Yvonne and Inken. Here's what I hope will make it here by Christmas.
Screenshot_20191123-004603.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How quickly can you get a new dryer? Will an appliance store deliver today or Monday?
I wonder how quickly you can get one to the house.

We ordered one this am as soon as ours broke and right now we received a tentative online delivery date of wed. But it’s unclear if that will happen and the time frame is up in the air. Closed til tomorrow so we chatted online and they couldn’t tell us anything today. Have to wait for tomorrow. We also have a dishwasher repair person coming Wednesday but also unclear as to time frame. With it being a holiday week I’m not counting on anything.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm treating myself by setting a number of custom projects, with Yvonne and Inken. Here's what I hope will make it here by Christmas.
Screenshot_20191123-004603.png

Gorgeous <3
Pinkalicious!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve bought too much this year but sold some, too, as I figure out what I like. I really am a small gem gal and like true vintage, not vintage-looking. DH asked what I wanted for Christmas and I told him nothing as I already brought what I wanted! Three rings came in two weeks (yikes!). None crazy expensive but I’m happy enough with my collection that I took the apps for Etsy and eBay off of my phone. So for Christmas I’m giving my bank account a break :P2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

its too bad you can't just bring the washing over to me
what doesn't fit in the dryer will dry in the sun before the dryer is finished.
have to becareful things don't fade
even in the winter our new flannelett sheets faded in the sun

but i hate dishes

kitties are the best thing to have under a Christmas tree
Tinky liked to play with the low hanging babulus (sorry i have nooooo idea how to spell that )
we havn't had a tree for a few years since we had a domestic about how to untangle the Christmas lights hmmmm
anyway must make an effort this year - ive been admiring that Christmas decorations thread
but i still feel its too early.
last week when we went to the hospital eye dept there was a huge Puhutakawa tree in the lawn in full bloom - that'd out native Christmas tree - but it still feels too soon

probably not much under our Christmas tree this year either with me not working, the cats night get Gary a new variety of hot sauce or a chutney or such like

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Our Christmas holiday will be low key like always :) I had a couple of bigger ring projects with Yvonne, my purple garnet sunflower and paraiba rings, so I've not been deprived of "presents" in 2019!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was browsing eBay looking at emerald rings, but I can't justify even a 300+ ring right now, because this year had a lot of additional expenses (braces for youngest, bedroom/bathroom remodel, medical costs for both me and my cat, etc). So my new bathroom will be the thing under the tree! I'm also getting a wool rug for the bedroom, so if I can get my butt in gear and patch, paint the walls and repair/install molding, a nice looking bedroom will also be under the tree. Maybe next xmas a green stone ring of some sort.

Do you have a thread about your bathroom remodel? We are about to start one. Costs seem very high since we are actually just doing a "refresh."

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much Stracci. I feel like crying right now. Our dryer broke this AM and so did our dishwasher the other day. Less than 2 years old the dishwasher. The dryer really hurts as we still have huge amounts of laundry to do. I feel like we are hemorrhaging money. But if we can just get the cats well it’s all worth it. I’m just scared we aren’t there yet. I am literally falling apart. It’s been 5 months of hell beginning with Francesca’s unexpected death. Sorry to be a downer I just had to get it out. Or I’ll explode. I heard if one fakes a smile long enough one actually starts to feel happy. Let’s see if it works. :(. I know I have to maintain good humor or I’ll have a breakdown. Physically and mentally. Whew. I really unloaded. Thanks for listening. XO

Ugh! so sorry. Broken appliances can really derail things especially with sickness.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing unfortunately! We're trying to buy a house so all money is going to that and presents for the little one.

I've got this beautiful pink spinel I'm hoping to set once the dust settles.

On the bright side I've bought so many presents for little sis, I've got the next year covered even if I'm broke!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am having a Spessertite that I've owned for many years set into a pendant. It will be set with the diamond from this damaged ring.

20191107_144010.jpg

I'm also having a pair of Peridots from Dana at Mastercutgems set into earring charms.

20191107_143941.jpg

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock

I'm so wishing that your cats recover. ❤️

We went through this last year with our 12 year old kitty, very tough time and I pray that you will have a good outcome. Our Sammy lived to see a very wonderful and special last Christmas. (She loved to sleep under the tree.) Unfortunately she passed away a few month later.

With time we found two more rescue kitties that needed our love. So this Christmas there will be NO Christmas tree for us because our new kittens are too crazy. OMG I forgot how kittens are so curious and everything either ends up in their mouths or all over the house... from toilet paper to rugs, to well, everything.

Take care and enjoy your kitties, it sounds like they have had a wonderful life with you... and you with them. ((Hugs))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothing unfortunately! We're trying to buy a house so all money is going to that and presents for the little one.

I've got this beautiful pink spinel I'm hoping to set once the dust settles.

On the bright side I've bought so many presents for little sis, I've got the next year covered even if I'm broke!

its not the morgage so much that makes one broke - its the rates (property taxes)
but best of luck for buyung a house
i can assure you it feels real good to get out from under a landlord's thumb

i always think Christmas is for kids first and formost and it sounds like you're will have a lovelly Christmas

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer to spend Christmas on my own with the pets, and do not put up a tree.
I am in the process of setting myself up to operate as a catering business to do pop up events, and am spending on new equipment and disposables.
So no big ticket bling except for a synthetic Sapphire that I could not resist.

DK :))

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
My first project is still with the jeweler (2-3 weeks has turned into 2-3 months) so what was an anniversary present will now (hopefully!) be a Christmas present.

It's a blue zircon from an antique pin that I bought and will be set in a white gold semi bezel with a satin yellow gold band. DH is contributing, my mum and MIL both gifted some gold charms from which to make the band and I had 4 tiny single cut diamonds left over from a remodel of my gran's engagement ring. So definitely a family present :D (Of course, I'm now in a panic in case I don't like it).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so wishing that your cats recover. ❤

We went through this last year with our 12 year old kitty, very tough time and I pray that you will have a good outcome. Our Sammy lived to see a very wonderful and special last Christmas. (She loved to sleep under the tree.) Unfortunately she passed away a few month later.

With time we found two more rescue kitties that needed our love. So this Christmas there will be NO Christmas tree for us because our new kittens are too crazy. OMG I forgot how kittens are so curious and everything either ends up in their mouths or all over the house... from toilet paper to rugs, to well, everything.

Take care and enjoy your kitties, it sounds like they have had a wonderful life with you... and you with them. ((Hugs))

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your good wishes. I'm so sorry about Sammy but so glad she got that last special Christmas with you. Congrats on your new rescue kitties. Kittens sure are energetic and mischievous. Enjoy the craziness and the love.❤

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At the moment the only thing under (and on, and up!) our tree is our little cat Panda. She was horribly mistreated as a kitten and never had a loving home until my brother rescued her when she was almost a year old, and as he moved to an apartment that does not allow pets, she is now with us. As a result she has never seen a Christmas tree before, so we put ours up last week and she goes nuts! The whole thing shudders and her tail flicks out the top, it's pretty hysterical. It's an 8.5ft tree so she works pretty hard to get to the top. Crazy cat!

As of Christmas Eve there will be a hoverboard underneath the tree for DH, four gifts for each of our two children (we do the 'one want, one need, one piece of clothing and one book' thing), and hopefully a loose cushion cut diamond for me for a 2020 ring project, if I can find the right one! :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results