shape
carat
color
clarity

What’s the most daring outing that you have had recently?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's the one!
We usually see them at the Pony every summer, so this was a great twist on that tradition.
I'm so happy your friend had a great time.
I'm hoping more shows like it can be planned thru the fall. They have a comedy show already lined up.

That's so cool you got to go:appl:
I was hoping it was Southside you went to see :appl:
if that's the normal for a wee while its way way better than nothing

That kind of set up might even work here in NZ if someone put some thought into it - mind you it would be socialy irresponsible and possibly illegal to provide booze and some people would not want one without the other :(2

The muscos who play clubs and pubs are really doing it tough right now

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really daring - I got my hair cut and colored in a small town in Arkansas! :-o It's a bit too bimbo blonde but I'll get it fixed when we return to Houston in a couple of weeks. :lol:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's so cool you got to go:appl:
I was hoping it was Southside you went to see :appl:
if that's the normal for a wee while its way way better than nothing

That kind of set up might even work here in NZ if someone put some thought into it - mind you it would be socialy irresponsible and possibly illegal to provide booze and some people would not want one without the other :(2

The muscos who play clubs and pubs are really doing it tough right now

Welllllll. There was no food or drink available for purchase. We had to bring our own. NJ is definitely being flexible on the laws regarding buying and drinking in public places for now. Eating and drinking in makeshift outdoor dining areas, buying take out food that includes mixed drinks (not premade and in a can or bottle.) Thankfully, the state is being smart about that, giving restaurants an opportunity to create business. We brought takeout sandwiches and our own drinks :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had a BD party for our 1 yr old granddaughter on July 25. eighteen family members attended the party w/o wearing a mask or distancing. :silenced: everyone is still alive and doing well. 8 family members decided not to attend. I told them no problem, I'd understand no hard feelings.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to my favorite antique/estate jewelry shoppe yesterday. We were the only ones in the shoppe besides the owner and a sales associate. We were all wearing masks and social distancing. They took our temperature as well as their temperature too.

It was a lovely albeit surreal visit. The owner and her associate think the pandemic will last at least 2 years. The owner will probably be closing for good before the second wave as she is losing money this year. :(

A loss to the community to be sure. Ethical and wonderful people running an amazing shoppe if you love antique bling. I will sorely miss them if they close.

They told us our favorite restaurant in Pa was open for business and generally we go there for dinner after we visit their town for the afternoon. However I still don't feel safe to go out and eat in a restaurant (whether outside or inside) so that is still on hold. In PA they allow food service inside restaurants as long as it is not over 25% capacity. I am not ready for dining out quite yet.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went out out to a pub last Saturday, the first since lockdown.

Sat outside with drinking pals whom I know and have kept in touch during lockdown, some of them I would consider as my "bubbles", still sat far a apart.

Also went to a restaurant last Wednesday, one that is close to home that I frequent, and it was rammed, with some of the tables too close for my comfort. However, air con was on full blast, windows open with good air circulation, and I sat on my own away from the others, so I was fine with it.

DK :))

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't had it yet but i'm about to have one. I'm going to the dentist today in a few hours. I'm fairly sure I have a small cavity and I consider it mandatory to take care of those ASAP so I'll be leaving my house today to get it diagnosed. Probably going to feel paranoid AF until after it gets repaired whenever I can have that done and I have 2 weeks quarentined back at home.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
twice in 3 weeks we got fish & chips and ate it it down the mole
the 2nd time Gary went in and got it and another customer went in so i was a little nervouse as i think it was after we knew about that Auckland cluster
i forgot my phone so i couldn't swip the tracer map

we sat on a picnic table on the grass by the river and watched people fishing who all seemed to be social distancing

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went back to the same local restaurant that I frequent with a friend from choir, decided on a late reservation at 20:45 in the hope we would be able to find spaces in the car park by then.

Car park was packed, inside was rammed, and we were not too happy with the spacing for some of the tables.

However, we were able to practice SD ourselves.

We were the last table left, and chatted with the ? owner/manager, and we raised our concerns about some of the tables being too close, as in less than 1m apart!

I doubt if they would make any adjustments.

Going back there again next Tuesday with a group, some of them are my "bubbles", and have requested for late reservation at 20:30.

DK :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my mammo which was too close for comfort. I wore two masks and goggles. The tech had a blue surgical mask that was too loose and hanging on the tip of her nose. I also went to my doctor to get a shot..I got stuck in the waiting room. I stood way back and wore two masks. I know how to party..

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my mammo which was too close for comfort. I wore two masks and goggles. The tech had a blue surgical mask that was too loose and hanging on the tip of her nose. I also went to my doctor to get a shot..I got stuck in the waiting room. I stood way back and wore two masks. I know how to party..

Lmao! I actually had lab work, doctor visit and xrays all done about 3 weeks ago! I hear you! You will be fine!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lmao! I actually had lab work, doctor visit and xrays all done about 3 weeks ago! I hear you! You will be fine!

Haha @nala It’s past the time of worry..I got home and the result was already in my portal. There was no one there other than the tech and receptionist. The radiologist was probably thrilled to have something to do! I know a few friends that decided against getting their mammos. I’m having an echocardiogram in two weeks. That’s another test that puts you really close to a tech. I figure that it isn’t going to get better for a while and could possibly get worse. It’s better to get the tests out of the way.. I thought the mammo tech would laugh at me wearing two masks and goggles..She wasn‘t fazed at all! :lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
meeting up with my son and his wife (whom I love) and my sweetie grand girl at a coffee shop where we sat at least 6 feet apart and we were just so happy, best we can do.. I felt that my granddaughter is growing up without me :(

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You don't want a dry socket, trust me.

FWIW ...
Actually using a straw is one of the worst things you can do after an extraction.
When you suck the negative pressure in the mouth can suck out and destroy the clot (scab) that hopefully has formed at the socket where the tooth was removed.
Even the positive pressure from spitting after tooth brushing is a nono.
He said just let it dribble out of your open lips into the sink, then wipe lips with a tissue.

I had one tooth extracted last week, so my dentist's warnings are fresh on my mind ... that qualified as my most daring outing lately.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This made me sad Missy, and I am truly sorry.

We went to my favorite antique/estate jewelry shoppe yesterday. We were the only ones in the shoppe besides the owner and a sales associate. We were all wearing masks and social distancing. They took our temperature as well as their temperature too.

It was a lovely albeit surreal visit. The owner and her associate think the pandemic will last at least 2 years. The owner will probably be closing for good before the second wave as she is losing money this year. :(

A loss to the community to be sure. Ethical and wonderful people running an amazing shoppe if you love antique bling. I will sorely miss them if they close.

They told us our favorite restaurant in Pa was open for business and generally we go there for dinner after we visit their town for the afternoon. However I still don't feel safe to go out and eat in a restaurant (whether outside or inside) so that is still on hold. In PA they allow food service inside restaurants as long as it is not over 25% capacity. I am not ready for dining out quite yet.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
meeting up with my son and his wife (whom I love) and my sweetie grand girl at a coffee shop where we sat at least 6 feet apart and we were just so happy, best we can do.. I felt that my granddaughter is growing up without me :(

Me too @Bayek I want to cry..

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't had any daring outings since mid-March (other than work) except to visit my doctor last week for a lump I found in my armpit. Luckily it responded to antibiotics, so likely a cyst. But I lost 6 lbs that week thinking I was having a fourth recurrence of breast cancer during Covid. :(sad

Q

Queenie60

I haven't had any daring outings since mid-March (other than work) except to visit my doctor last week for a lump I found in my armpit. Luckily it responded to antibiotics, so likely a cyst. But I lost 6 lbs that week thinking I was having a fourth recurrence of breast cancer during Covid. :(sad

Glad you're ok! I'm a survivor too!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I’m happy you are okay @SandyinAnaheim XO

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I took the subway, Amtrak and then uber to my dad's memorial in philly last Saturday. Lots of people on the train; I believe everyone had masks but not everyone was wearing them. The memorial had about 20 people, we all wore masks but unfortunately some people had to grab me. The refreshments afterwards was held outside and had a lot more people and barely anyone wore masks so I left after an hour.
Coming back to NYC, I was very surprised to see that Herald Square was packed. People were shopping, no masks on the crowded streets but they put them on in stores.
Crossing fingers I don't get sick. I have a few doctor appointments later in the week and I have to use the subways again :(2

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do it for lychee cake too... :dance:

Did someone say lychee cake?
OH My Glob! ... There's such a thing on planet earth? ... :love::love::love::love::love::love::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::love::love::love::love::love:

Oh My Gato! ............ I'd gladly die of C-19 for one bite of lychee cake!
Nom Nom Nom!!!!!!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took the subway, Amtrak and then uber to my dad's memorial in philly last Saturday. Lots of people on the train; I believe everyone had masks but not everyone was wearing them. The memorial had about 20 people, we all wore masks but unfortunately some people had to grab me. The refreshments afterwards was held outside and had a lot more people and barely anyone wore masks so I left after an hour.
Coming back to NYC, I was very surprised to see that Herald Square was packed. People were shopping, no masks on the crowded streets but they put them on in stores.
Crossing fingers I don't get sick. I have a few doctor appointments later in the week and I have to use the subways again :(2

::HUGS:: honey. I’m so sorry :cry:
You’re surviving the worst that this pandemic can possibly inflict. I so admire you for that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results