shape
carat
color
clarity

WF made my mum a pressie - a 2.25ct OEC five-stone!!

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! Thanks for sharing the details. Amazing peice!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum...

A friend - a friendly acquaintance rather - asked if I might be willing to help her friend find a ring. Of course, being a good PSer, I agreed, and he sent me a pinterest screenshot with three threestones and four fivestones - and I was shocked to see both my old Butterflies and this one, and two other PSers' rings! He had no idea where she'd found the pictures and didn't want to ask... It was somehow very strange to remember that people outside the PS bubble look at jewellery and might well see our pictures!!

This was apparently one she really liked and she wears a 5.5, same as my third finger, so I dug up some old pics to show how the styles and how stones fit and of course I had to post them here too :bigsmile:

j-mr-2.png

j-mr-4.png

j-mr-3.png

Loose lineup ::)

j-mr-1.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is SO funny, Yssie!!! She has good taste, obviously! Love the new pics! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't it!? Jarring... or maybe just bemusing... Well, I'm a dinosaur who doesn't even have facebook so maybe pinterest isn't miles and miles and miles ahead of most other people :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have thus far resisted Pinterest. I copy all my jewelry pictures to My Pictures on my computer, and I really don't care whether anyone else sees them! :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1361503336|3387305 said:
I have thus far resisted Pinterest. I copy all my jewelry pictures to My Pictures on my computer, and I really don't care whether anyone else sees them! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wanted to show some people at work some puppy pics on my camera... yeah, sift through a hundred pics of a diamond from *this* angle and then another hundred from *that* angle - oh here are a couple! - another fifty jewellery pics... I know what you mean!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: I can totally relate to that!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed this the first time...they did an awesome job. That ring is gorgeous!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1361504649|3387328 said:
I missed this the first time...they did an awesome job. That ring is gorgeous!!

They really did! The stones have held up really well too - I was wondering how they'd fare long-term, they all have very thin girdles, but so far so good... I'm very glad we went with the more protective Us with four prongs per stone!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
That's pretty crazy! Your ring really is like a celebrity, though. I have seen in on the Internet (outside PS) a few times now. I'm not on Pintrest but every now and then I'll end up on someone's page that has amazing taste in jewelry - and more often than not I realize its a PSer! Coati's Pintrest page should be a coffee table book!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, what a fabulous gift for you mom!!! She must be THRILLED!!! Lucky mom, to have such an amazing and generous daughter!!!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie posted more pictures?! :love:

Save.
Save.
Save.

Stare ... drool ... blackout.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose - I'm trying to find Coati's Pinterest page!! No luck - linky?

Thanks Naty! She doesn't wear it much but we're trying to change that...

Jane, thank you :bigsmile:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are gorgeous.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I also missed this last year! Yssie your rings are truly celebrity status...you gotta convince your mom to wear it more! I love the engraving detail on the prongs. Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to collect all 5 stones? Not that I want to sign myself up for that kind of journey, but just in case I do in the future... :naughty:

Have you posted a side by side comparison of your 5 stone with your mom's? Also just for kicks and giggles, even though I know they are vastly different? :lickout:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy said:
They are gorgeous.

Thanks Marcy ::)

pandabee|1361742530|3389382 said:
I also missed this last year! Yssie your rings are truly celebrity status...you gotta convince your mom to wear it more! I love the engraving detail on the prongs. Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to collect all 5 stones? Not that I want to sign myself up for that kind of journey, but just in case I do in the future... :naughty:

Have you posted a side by side comparison of your 5 stone with your mom's? Also just for kicks and giggles, even though I know they are vastly different? :lickout:

Hi Panda!! Thank you ::) The only comparisons I've got right now are the ones at the top of this page but I want to get some more next time I go down!

It took maybe a year or so to get five that I was happy with together? I wasn't in a hurry though, I actively searched on and off and I was willing to buy and return and take my time nitpicking. I went through a LOT of really pretty stones - finding really pretty stones that matched well took a lot longer! After this project and my OEC studs project I gotta say I don't think I'll be taking on another by myself like this, it can be stressful unless you're the sort that really enjoys the journey (I'm not - I'm too impatient!)... I wrote a little blurb about every stone as I found it and gave her the five finalists along with the ring, that was fun ::)

My mum, well, she lost her wedding band a few years ago and she's convinced she's going to either lose or damage this one too unless it stays nice and safe in the safe! I tell her that's why I'm insuring it but... :sick: It's just too pretty to sit in the darn safe!! WIP :halo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results