shape
carat
color
clarity

WF made my mum a pressie - a 2.25ct OEC five-stone!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I gave it to her this weekend and she was thrilled! :bigsmile:

0.39, 0.45, 0.53, 0.47, 0.42
18k palladium-wg Us, 18k yg shank
Size 6.5

Getting below the blog box

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still going...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
J-Mum-1.png

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

J-Mum-2.png

J-Mum-3.png

J-Mum-4.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
J-Mum-5.png

J-Mum-6.png

J-Mum-7.png

J-Mum-8.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have got to get me one of these :naughty:

WF1.png

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty!!! I love how each diamond is held in place by 4 prongs instead of the usual shared prongs in between. Your mom is one lucky lady!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yssie that's gorgeous!!!! what size are the OECs, and where did you find them?

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow!! :love:

I agree, the four prongs were one of the first things that caught my eye! I plan on doing the same.

Soo sweet of you & your DH! Lucky mom!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's amazing!!!! Oh how I LUUUUURVE a white/plat setting with a YG shank!! Mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! :lickout: :lickout: The OECs are gorgeous, did you buy them as a matching suite??

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
How beautiful! Love the engraved detailing on the U's. Lucky mom...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys, slg, Twinkle, Dandi, MrsM - thank you!! WF did a great job :bigsmile:

She loved the open profile of the stock Uprong but she's hard on her hands, so the idea was that four might be more secure and protective than two shared prongs... we'll see! I think it spaces the stones out a tiny bit more too, so she gets a bit more finger coverage - no complaints there! I originally wanted baby sapphires in the prongs but WF said they'd be too delicate for melee, so we decided on engraving instead. I think it does a great job of "antiquing" what's otherwise a pretty modern design :)) Dandi - the yg was a *must* for her, she won't wear anything else!

I've been collecting stones for a bit now, lots of buys and returns! The two on the ends and the middle are "real" OECs and #2/#4 are trannys (they're actually my old studs). They're ~0.39/0.45/0.53/0.47/0.42, but they're all a bit (charmingly 8) ) wonky so the graduation is slighter than one might expect. I'm amazed by how *different* it looks from my ring - both might technically be five-stones but they're totally different species!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow it's BEAUTIFUL!! I would love to see some more pictures of the side engraving -what a fantastic idea :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - that's a finger full of diamonds! Lucky Mom and sweet daughter and son-in-law! Her ring looks beautiful on her!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow what a thoughtful and generous daughter you are!!! And that fingercoverage is amazing!!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring and generous gift. It's no wonder your mom is thrilled. I also love the four prong setting and the engraving on the sides gives it a special charm. :appl: :love: :appl:

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful gift for your mom. I love the ring and I think the engraving really was a great idea.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my...it's absolutely gorgeous! What a lucky Mom you have (and I'll bet she thinks she has a pretty awesome daughter too!)....just wow!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful piece! I love it and I bet your Mum does too. I really like the engraving on the sides.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, it's just gorgeous Yssie! I love the engraving and the 4 prongs and the open profile!! :love:
May your mom wear it in health and happiness!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Yssie, I really, really love how it turned out! :love: I have been held back from getting a new 5 stone ring because I wanted a setting with some character, and you achieved that!!! :appl: I think the 4 prongs are going to protect the stones better over the long haul (as evidenced by my old ring), and the engraving on the sides just adds that something that gives the ring an antique look which goes with the old stones. WhiteFlash did a great job making the ring from your vision!

Also, I love the slight graduation of the stones which is also very similar to mine but larger! I don't have the patience to do it the way you did, but I am thinking an AVR band may be in my future! :bigsmile:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Yssie- just noticed ye engraving!! Lovely!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
It's gorgeous, I love the engraving on the sides. What a lovely present for your Mum :wavey:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so beautiful Yssie! I love everything about it! How long did it take you to source all the stones? It is a lovely ring and looks beautiful on your mom. She is a lucky woman to have a daughter as thoughtful and generous as you, and a loving son in law too.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Yssie, that is gorgeous!! :love: :love: :love: I can't believe you found 5 old cut stones that looks so perfect together. I love the 4 prongs on each stone and the engraving is a lovely touch. I'm sure your mother is absolutely thrilled!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring!! Agreed about the 4 prongs, they look both secure and beautiful!

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous, Yssie! Your mom is a very lucky lady!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring Yssie! I love the yellow gold and palladium contrast, as well as the milgrain on the prongs. Beautiful!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
stunning!!! aww that is so sweet!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I usually don't go for graduated five stones, but that is just beautiful. I love how slight the graduation is. The stones are just so perfectly matched too and are so clear and crisp. I echo everyone's comments about what a generous and sweet gift that is too...awesome. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results