shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Danielle Jazz ring opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My band has a very low profile. This was what I wanted, as I have side stones with exposed girdles on my e-ring that could''ve caused a problem rubbing metal or exposed diamonds on my wedding ring if I had them. I therefore wanted a band in which the stones would be protected, and I wanted to make sure it wouldn''t get scratched up by my e-ring. This absolutely fit the bill. I occasionally think maybe it''s too low since it hides behind my e-ring a little, but then I remind myself of the other possible issues and am promptly satisfied with the thickness again =).

Like I said before, I love how mine looks on its own. I may get more stackers in the future, but I don''t mind the heights being a little different (I know this really bugs some people--nudge, nudge, Dreamer
2.gif
).

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2010 5:20:02 PM
Author: lizzyann01
Hi Dreamer, I''m glad you popped by. I just got the quote for a 3/4 3 pointers in platinum it is $1475 which is quite a bit higher than I was looking to spend unfortunately. I am going to stop by a local jewelers now actually to try some things on for size comparison. I truly want to wear this as a stacker with my current set so I am thinking the smaller version may be fine. Do you like the bezel with my set better than the shared prong?
The price of $1475 seems high. Is the high price due to custom setting charge? Adwar has a 25x3pt setting, stock # W3713, and other combinations (various melee sizes and number, semi eternity vs. full eternity). If the $1475 quote is for custom setting, then ask WF for another quote with the Adwar stock setting. The difference in price should make your ring possible.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 8:07:20 PM
Author: kittybean
My band has a very low profile. This was what I wanted, as I have side stones with exposed girdles on my e-ring that could''ve caused a problem rubbing metal or exposed diamonds on my wedding ring if I had them. I therefore wanted a band in which the stones would be protected, and I wanted to make sure it wouldn''t get scratched up by my e-ring. This absolutely fit the bill. I occasionally think maybe it''s too low since it hides behind my e-ring a little, but then I remind myself of the other possible issues and am promptly satisfied with the thickness again =).

Like I said before, I love how mine looks on its own. I may get more stackers in the future, but I don''t mind the heights being a little different (I know this really bugs some people--nudge, nudge, Dreamer
2.gif
).
LOL! Yes, it makes me mental. I don''t mind the wb lower than the e-ring, but thicker bugs me!

re quote of $1475 It is not that far off what I got quoted 8 months ago for 3/4 using the adwar cast, and metals have gone up... try BGD too, they gave me good quotes.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/24/2010 8:24:36 PM
Author: dreamer_d

Date: 3/24/2010 8:07:20 PM
Author: kittybean

2.gif
).
LOL! Yes, it makes me mental. I don''t mind the wb lower than the e-ring, but thicker bugs me!

re quote of $1475 It is not that far off what I got quoted 8 months ago for 3/4 using the adwar cast, and metals have gone up... try BGD too, they gave me good quotes.
The economy is still not good, so I cannot see an increase of $275 which is about 22%! I would go back to WF to confirm about the price with a stock setting. If the price is still $1200, it may be doable after some discounts such as return customer, PS, and cash payment.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I believe dreamers $1200 cost was in white gold, my $1475 was in platinum so that is probably the diff. That cost is using an adwar setting. I am having WF go back and requote in 18kg now though so we will see where they come out at.

I tried BGD but their costing on 1 point version was higher than WF. I emailed them to see what they say about 3pointers so we shall see.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
just found this one on id''s site bezel

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2010 8:40:36 PM
Author: lizzyann01
I believe dreamers $1200 cost was in white gold, my $1475 was in platinum so that is probably the diff. That cost is using an adwar setting. I am having WF go back and requote in 18kg now though so we will see where they come out at.

I tried BGD but their costing on 1 point version was higher than WF. I emailed them to see what they say about 3pointers so we shall see.
Yes! I didn''t catch that.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Lizzy - I can''t wait to see what you end up with!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Me too Dani, me too! I''ll keep you posted.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, I have an update! I went to Tiffany''s yesterday and tried on some things. I figured out that I definitely will not be happy with a smaller version than their 2pt jazz but the 3pt danielle jazz from WF is out of the budget. But I tried on their swing celebration ring and LOVED IT!!!! It is actually wider than I was looking for 3.3mm, but it is so pretty on its own and with my e-ring. Whiteflash is working on some options for me. I found 2 casts in adwar that match it. One has 5pt and 2pt''s in it but is going to be out of my budget, so WF is looking into doing one similar to their odyssey band for me. Anyone else see any good replicas of the swing anywhere?

Here is the swing ring

Dreamer, i tried on a really thin channel set band with my e-ring at Tiff''s and it did make my ring pop!!!! I think that will be my next purchase after the swing!!! Because they looked nice stacked together too!!! But you were right, the thinner band looked really nice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results