shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Danielle Jazz ring opinions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hello, I think I am going to buy the WF Platinum Danielle Jazz ring in either a 3/4 or full eternity and I am debating on having them add miligrain. Here is the link to this ring jazz ring

This is going to be a mothers day present and I am planning on having them engrave my baby boys name and birthday into it. I will attach some pics of my current set. I am planning on wearing it a couple of ways - on its own, with my current set (all three rings) and with my e-ring without my current wedding band. How do you think this will look? Also, do you think I should add the miligrain or not?? Thanks for your help!

newband2225.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
One more of my current set

newband1225.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Here is Imbd''s with miligrain! So pretty too!

33994band.jpg

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh, that will look pretty! My vote is for without milgrain. What a sweet gift!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
luvmyhalo, thanks for chiming in!!!! I love your stackers!

I was originally going to go with milgrain, but after seeing musey''s set which mirrors mine closer, I think I might be leaning towards non-milgrain. Do you think 3/4 or full eternity? If I do 3/4 I can get my sons name engraved in the inside, where if I go full eternity it will have to be engraved on the profile and when I get my rings buffed, I may have to get it reengraved. Hmmm....

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
With and without milgrain are both pretty, but with your ER, I would tend to agree that without would be a better look for you. If you really want the engraving on the inside, then you should opt for the 3/4 band.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
One more thing.....now you''ve got me wanting that band too!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I think without milgrain would look best:)

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
THanks for your feedback Taylorbug and Bella! I think I am liking without milgrain too because my current set is very sleek, not as vintagey feeling as the set with the milgrain. The band is 2.3mm wide so I am thinking it will be a daintier option than my current wedding band.

Taylorbug, you are so funny! It is a great value, don''t you think!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hiya! Just a heads up that the WF band has 1 point diamonds in it; Musey''s is the Tiffany Jazz, with I believe 2 pointers (1.0? I know they are a bit bigger).

With how dainty the band is, I''m going to vote no milgrain. I think it would start to look cluttered, IMO.
1.gif

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 3:07:33 PM
Author: lizzyann01
THanks for your feedback Taylorbug and Bella! I think I am liking without milgrain too because my current set is very sleek, not as vintagey feeling as the set with the milgrain. The band is 2.3mm wide so I am thinking it will be a daintier option than my current wedding band.

Lizzann01, you bet....it is a great deal! Will be an awesome Mothers day gift and one you will cherish for many many years!

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
Lizzy, the Danielle Bezel Band is my next purchase, but I''m getting the one with diamonds and rubies (since our wedding colors are red and ivory). Have they given you a quote for the full eternity? I am wondering how much more it would cost to go all in.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Great decision.
I like them both, but have to agree the one without milgrain goes better with your sleek and modern looking ering. If possible, see if you can get one with larger size melees than 1 pt. The 2-point ring looks much, much better. Somehow, I find the larger size melees sparkle more and have more fire. 1-pointers just shimmer.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 3:16:32 PM
Author: FancyDiamond

Great decision.
I like them both, but have to agree the one without milgrain goes better with your sleek and modern looking ering. If possible, see if you can get one with larger size melees than 1 pt. The 2-point ring looks much, much better. Somehow, I find the larger size melees sparkle more and have more fire. 1-pointers just shimmer.
It is definitely more of a shimmer, although I think it holds its own! Here''s a pic or two of mine.

gdallshinyrain.jpg

Shimmer...

cdishdani.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Geckodani, glad you stopped by! I love your ring!!! Do you feel that the diamonds give off a lot of fire even though they are 1 pointers. Thanks for posting more pics too! I have been looking at your thread for days now.

WF told me that their version with 1 pointers is 2.3mm wide. I am pretty sure that Musey said her Tiff''s one is almost 2 pointers each. But does anyone know the width of the Tiff''s one? I also inquired with BGD on their version and their width with 1 pointers is 1.8mm. So I think i am leaning towards the WF 1 pointer, no milgrain, which is 2.3mm wide. I don''t think I want to go any wider and I worry that 1.8mm will be too thin. I am waiting for a quote from WF on the full eternity.

Artistjess, I love the idea with the rubies, so pretty!

Fancydiamond, I am going to inquire about the 2 pointers but I am worried it is going to be custom or semi-custom and run me alot more $$ and I think the width of the band might get too wide. Let me know what you think.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Geckodani, do you have any pics of the band alone on your finger? Thanks!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 3:32:37 PM
Geckodani, do you have any pics of the band alone on your finger? Thanks!
I don't, but I can certainly take some for you!

As for the question about fire, I'm not going to lie, it's NOT a blinding lights show. If you want some major fire, go with a higher carat weight band.

The band definitely shimmers and sparkles and shoots off sparks, but it's more like the fire you get from pave, but with bigger flashes, if that makes sense? It definitely catches the light nicely (I'm sitting here typing this in crappy office lighting, and it still manages to glitter
5.gif
).

I'll see what I can get in the way of photos from a realistic distance later.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2010 3:31:02 PM
Geckodani, glad you stopped by! I love your ring!!! Do you feel that the diamonds give off a lot of fire even though they are 1 pointers. Thanks for posting more pics too! I have been looking at your thread for days now.

WF told me that their version with 1 pointers is 2.3mm wide. I am pretty sure that Musey said her Tiff''s one is almost 2 pointers each. But does anyone know the width of the Tiff''s one? I also inquired with BGD on their version and their width with 1 pointers is 1.8mm. So I think i am leaning towards the WF 1 pointer, no milgrain, which is 2.3mm wide. I don''t think I want to go any wider and I worry that 1.8mm will be too thin. I am waiting for a quote from WF on the full eternity.

Artistjess, I love the idea with the rubies, so pretty!

Fancydiamond, I am going to inquire about the 2 pointers but I am worried it is going to be custom or semi-custom and run me alot more $$ and I think the width of the band might get too wide. Let me know what you think.
Size of diamond melee alone: 1-pt has a diameter of 1.35mm, and 2-pt has 1.70mm approximately. The extra diameter should still be acceptably small.

I have 1-pt melees in pre-PS jewelry, and they look too tiny for me. This is the reason why I insisted on having 2-pt melees for my halo, and I am glad that I did. It looks like the size of your ering goes well with 2-pt melees. Judging from the above photos (one with 2-pt size eternity and solitarier ering), I think the 2-pt melees are worth the money to get. Ask WF to check if there exists an in-stock setting for 2-pt melees. Definitely ask for a quote for 2-pt melees. Perhaps WF can help to find you something reasonable price. If necessary, go for 3/4 eternity instead of full eternity to cut down cost. Anyway, do not give up bfore exploring your option. You do not want to regret later, and the smaller melee ring still costs lots of money to begin with.

I would choose larger size melees over diamonds all the way around, because I do not want to pay for something that is hidden most of the time. There may be the issue of spinning and showing non-diamond part of your eternity. Perhaps the problem of spinning is less when you wear the eternity with your ering.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Hi Geckodani, thanks for your honest opinion! Your photo of your ring on your crystal ring holder shows off some of that glimmer. I''m not looking for hugeness here as it isn''t going to replace my wedding band but give me a nice stacker and mix it up a little you know? I like the meaning of it since it will have my little guy''s name engraved. I am going to inquire about the 2point version but I am guessing it is going to be custom. Do you have any idea how wide the Tiff''s version is? i wonder if Musey is around!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I just checked Adwar, and I didn''t see anything with 2 pointers, but I just did a quick search. I used to have a CZ band with 2 pointers.. I''ll see if I can find it and take a comparison shot for you. I''m honestly not sure where I stuck it though, LOL. I just checked the Tiff site, and it doesn''t give a width. Meh.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Fancy Diamond, thanks for the info! I am going to inquire about the 2 pointers to at least check for costing!

Geckodani, thanks so much for your help on this! I started to look thru adwar but it is so hard to navigate so I appreciate you checking for me!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Ok so I just found out that the full eternity is only $100 more in platinum than the 3/4 version! Not bad at all! I just inquired about the 2 pointers to see what the cost would be on that.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here are some pics of the band alone. I resized this one until my hand matched up on the computer screen (it''s not exact, but I did my best), so it''s as close as I can get to real life for you.

gdbandaclsizesun.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Same thing, but in the shade.

gdactualsizeshade.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the shimmer.

gdbandshimmer.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
A bit of spark.

gdbandfire.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
And here''s one in my home office from as far away as I could stretch my hand.

fromfartherback.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Geckodani, you rock!!! Thanks so much for the additional pics! i definitely can see the sparkle there!!! And it has a nice presence on its own too! What size is your finger?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 6:47:20 PM
Geckodani, you rock!!! Thanks so much for the additional pics! i definitely can see the sparkle there!!! And it has a nice presence on its own too! What size is your finger?
You''re welcome! I wear a 6.25 on that finger.
1.gif

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gecko, I think I am going to go with the 3/4 version like yours. I have WF looking into whether they can do the 2 point version non-custom so we shall see. Do you know the height of the ring by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results