shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Custom Ring From Start to Finish

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think your cads look terrific! The stone is really pretty, too! I''d probably set it N-S since it is almost square anyway.

geo-dale

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the pics Metro.

I got an email from WF stating my revised CAD images should be emailed to me tomorrow. I will post once I get them.

Thanks again.

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2008 8:58:31 PM
Author: geo-dale
Thanks for the pics Metro.

I got an email from WF stating my revised CAD images should be emailed to me tomorrow. I will post once I get them.

Thanks again.
Ooh! I be looking forward to them!

geo-dale

Rough_Rock
Well, after a couple of revisions, I am now posting the latest, and as of today, approved CAD renditions.

The process started with me sending them some photos of rings and having them combine certain aspects which I outlined clearly for them and where there were minor deviations, I explained with drawings how I wanted it to look. That said I was a little disappointed with the first attempt. I thought the ring was too heavy and square and the gallery was not placed, or shaped as I had explained. However, they did work with me without compliant to get me to what I wanted.

I have posted their first attempt of the ring above the final for comparison to see how the ring shape evolved along the process.

You will see I had them make some changes to the shape and location of the gallery within the shank, add some curvature to the band, and thin and lengthen slightly the prongs as well as "V" them as opposed to the original "U" shape. All said in done, it was a fast process working with WF and they were good about the process with me even though I am a detail nut and fuss over very small things. If you are very specific with them, they will give you what you ask.

Next, the wax renditions and I will post them once I have them.
Getting closer, can't wait!!!
36.gif

Whiteflash-CAD---ver4.jpg

geo-dale

Rough_Rock
P.S. I just got off the phone with Bob at WF and was told I would not see the waxes, the next thing I will see will be the pictures of the completed ring, so i will post those. I thought others received pics of the wax too??? Not sure whay I am not?!? Maybe becasue I was too fussy. Also, they misled me a liltte on when the ring would be completed, but told me they would try to expedite it. I do think he was confused, but that should not be my fault when I was clear on when I wanted it. Well see what happens.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow its going to look amazing.

geo-dale

Rough_Rock
Thanks... I hope so!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/6/2008 6:54:49 PM
P.S. I just got off the phone with Bob at WF and was told I would not see the waxes, the next thing I will see will be the pictures of the completed ring, so i will post those. I thought others received pics of the wax too??? Not sure whay I am not?!? Maybe becasue I was too fussy. Also, they misled me a liltte on when the ring would be completed, but told me they would try to expedite it. I do think he was confused, but that should not be my fault when I was clear on when I wanted it. Well see what happens.

I recently had a custom ring made with WF (it was actually delivered on Tuesday), and we didn''t get pictures of our wax either.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
the new cads look great geo!
36.gif

geo-dale

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 12:16:54 AM
Author: star sparkle

I recently had a custom ring made with WF (it was actually delivered on Tuesday), and we didn''t get pictures of our wax either.

I would love to see it. How long did it take for you from CAD to in your hands??? What metal did you choose?

Congratz!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Dale, I'm in love with your radiant! Thank you so much for letting us peek in on the design process. The CADs look great; I can't wait to see the waxes and the finished ring!
4.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/8/2008 12:06:08 AM
Date: 3/7/2008 12:16:54 AM

I recently had a custom ring made with WF (it was actually delivered on Tuesday), and we didn't get pictures of our wax either.

I would love to see it. How long did it take for you from CAD to in your hands??? What metal did you choose?

Congratz!

From final CAD to in my BF's hands was about 2 weeks. The entire process from ordering to having it delivered was right around a month. My ring is platinum.

The links below are to the photos of the CAD and WF's final images, but I don't have any hand shots because I don't get to see the ring in person until he proposes.

CAD1
CAD2
Completed ring

I absolutely cannot wait to see it.
18.gif

I think your ring is going to be gorgeous, too!

niccia

Shiny_Rock
The new CAD looks great. Much more delicate and feminine than the first attempt. I think the ring will be beautiful!

geo-dale

Rough_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 273px">Date: 3/8/2008 12:37:50 AM

From final CAD to in my BF's hands was about 2 weeks. The entire process from ordering to having it delivered was right around a month. My ring is platinum.

The links below are to the photos of the CAD and WF's final images, but I don't have any hand shots because I don't get to see the ring in person until he proposes.

CAD1
CAD2
Completed ring

I absolutely cannot wait to see it.
18.gif

I think your ring is going to be gorgeous, too!

Star Sparkle,

Yours is too! thanks for sharing! I was told by WF that they do not yet do Palladium in-house so my ring will take longer. I hope ever is doing it that it turns out as beautiful as your finished product! I am sure that WF will hold whoever does it to the same high standards.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that looks amazing! She is going to love it!!
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do like your approved second CADs better than the first. It''s less block-y and more feminine. I think she''ll go crazy when she sees it.

When''s the big day? Did I miss that detail?

geo-dale

Rough_Rock
Honestly, I am still working on that detail. It will depend on when the ring will be completed and at this point I have not received that date.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful stone! And a fabulous setting also!

ETA: Saw that the ring was finished and you just posted in SMTR. Love the finished product...can't wait to see hand pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results