shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT WF Custom E-Ring Finished - And She Said YES!!!

geo-dale

Rough_Rock

I started a post a month ago or so to highlight my WhiteFlash custom process. View Link below to review the process and ring/diamond specs.:

And now to finish the story I thought it appropriate to jump to the "Show Me the Ring" forum.

First off...SHE SAID YES and loves her ring!!!

Next, let me say that WF did an amazing job, and although the process was not entirely issue free, in the end they exceeded my expectations.

The best tip I can give someone thinking of having a custom ring made is allow yourself 5 weeks, if possible, to have the ring completed so you are not rushing to have it completed which can add to the stress. And do as much homework upfront to create the image of your perfect ring. Send them drawings if you are an artist, or find elements of various rings online that you like and collage them together pointing out what you like from each so that the CAD designer has some visuals from which he or she can render a CAD image as close as possible to what you desire. It is very important to be as specific and descriptive as possible.

Also, be prepared to tweak the CAD rendering at least once to fine-tune it to exactly what you want. I had to tweak mine three times...but I am an engineer who is too detail oriented for his own good.
37.gif
But I must admit that they were very understanding and expeditious of those changes.

So without further ado, the completed ring images. I would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,

-Dale

P.S. Hand shots to follow soon.
36.gif

Ring-View1.jpg

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
congrats on your engagement!
36.gif
your ring is beautiful. best wishes to you both.
1.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty! More pictures, please.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, LOVE the profile, it''s gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations on your engagement and yes please, many more pics!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
Amazingly beautiful! You are an artist AND an engineer. I just love the combination of the top view with the square band reflecting the square diamond , then the fluidity of the side view softening the look. Breathtaking!

My co-worker is married to a geologist/engineer and he thinks of diamonds as "just rocks"-- since he was the only geologist I''ve met I thought maybe you all were twisted. Good to hear that''s not true.

CONGRATS! you did an fantastic job of designing the ring! I would love to see the hand shots, please!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Swaeet! Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Well done!!
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I love the side view, that is something that you FI will see all the time and enjoy.

And, um.... MORE PICTURES!!

DD

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i love the profile too its soo cool i cant wait to see more!!!! and oh yea congrats on your engagement!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement.

The radiant is very beautiful. The setting is lovely too. I love that while it''s "chunky" as your FI wanted, it is also feminine. The sideview is very pretty.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!! First of all congrats on your engagement. The ring is perfection, one of the prettiest settings I have seen in a while. Your radiant is stunning. More pics, hand shots please. WF did an amazing job, and so did you!!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous profile! Still with the simplicity of a solitaire. That''s awesome.

Too bad you''re not my Dale(BF)-I''d say yes to that ring too! (And I''m so not a diamond girl!)

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the ring. It is beautiful. I think it really shows how taking time can create something beautiful. Congratulations to you both!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Your ring is so unique!
18.gif

geo-dale

Rough_Rock

Thanks for the well wishes and complimnets. You are are so great!

My camera is awful - the lens is dusty and it makes the ring look dusty or scractched when it is not... That said here are a couple quick shots I just took.

Hand Shot:

FIRing-1.jpg

geo-dale

Rough_Rock
Misc. shot with me holding the ring:

FIRing-4.jpg

geo-dale

Rough_Rock
And one more for now: (scratches and dust are due to a dirty lens...they are not really on the ring)

FIRing-3.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!
Congratulations!
36.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. I like the chunky look from the top. I works perfectly with the radiant. And the side view is gorgeous with the graduated stones and little extras on the cross bar. So nicely designed. The stone is really gorgeous and you just don't see many radiants. Very nice selection! Congratulations on your engagement, too.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful beautiful ring!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is superb! I love the profile, wow...and that diamond is gorgeous! You did good
36.gif
!
Congratulations to you both!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congrats!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
congrats on the engagement geo-dale!! the ring turned out beautiful!!!
36.gif

i''m very happy for you.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! I especially love the graduated side stones.

Congratulations on your engagement!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring..

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Quite lovely!!! Congrats!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
MY that is just beautiful :) congratulations to you and your new FI :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results