shape
carat
color
clarity

We've Bought an Historical Old Vicarage!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG OMG OMG OMG :appl:
its moving in day :appl:
(I know this because it is sunday moring here )

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
JS71612481.jpg

9363b1526842724f348d365943529d34.jpg

of course we know you have everything under control and all will be well
enjoy your first day in your wonderful new restored beautiful house

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG OMG OMG OMG :appl:
its moving in day :appl:
(I know this because it is sunday moring here )

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
JS71612481.jpg

9363b1526842724f348d365943529d34.jpg

of course we know you have everything under control and all will be well
enjoy your first day in your wonderful new restored beautiful house

Thank you, beautiful! I haven't had internet until today, hence my delay in seeing this. Yesterday was chaotic, sweaty & mad busy, but thank you to my brother in law & niece for helping lug heavy stuff which made it easier.

Our first night here last night was incredibly comfy, everyone slept really well in the new beds & the house was completely silent. I honestly felt like I was in a boutique hotel, as the bedrooms & ensuites are so luxurious.

More lugging today, but really just emptying cupboards at the old house etc. Funny how my old kitchen was rammed full & yet here I still have empty spaces! We have been popping back down the lane to feed the cats & we will bring them over tomorrow afternoon, shutting them in the Music Room for a couple of days before giving them the run of the house for 3 wks. We'll let them outside gradually after that.

This is the absolutely ginormous bouquet the building manager had delivered to me yesterday, with a note to thank me for our combined effort & patience with eachother :kiss2:

PXL_20230527_181446528.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here is my absolute favourite part & the heart of the house: the main staircase. Complete with low level lighting, the big boy chandelier & of course, the most delicious stair runner ever :kiss2:

It blows my mind that the panelling is brand new & hasn't been there forever. It's perfect.

PXL_20230528_213627859~2.jpg

PXL_20230528_213334471~2.jpg

PXL_20230528_213323753~2.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My god. What a transformation. I remember this photo but seeing it here is so stark! The before had so much hidden promise, and you’ve brought every bit of that potential to life :love:

Edit: The panelling is PERFECT. It really does look like it should always have been there!! And those... Ugh, I don't know what they're called, holding the runner tucked into the corner of each stair - OMG I love that little detail :love:

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit: The panelling is PERFECT. It really does look like it should always have been there!! And those... Ugh, I don't know what they're called, holding the runner tucked into the corner of each stair - OMG I love that little detail :love:

Aren't they amazing! I had decision overload on those too. Did you know there are about 60 different types of stair rods & about a million different types of finials that you can fit to the ends, from a basic ball to the most ostentatious things you can't even imagine?! I was very tempted with the large light up glass acorns. NOT!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Officially obsessed with the stair runner. It's almost like grosgrain ribbon.
The lines! The lines with the paneling and the balusters and the window lights and... 880386
The geometry.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Officially obsessed with the stair runner. It's almost like grosgrain ribbon.
The lines! The lines with the paneling and the balusters and the window lights and... happy-excited.gif
The geometry.

It all just came together! And it's definitely my favourite part. Except for the kitchen. The kitchen rocks. How's your kitchen going?

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Our first night here last night was incredibly comfy, everyone slept really well in the new beds & the house was completely silent. I honestly felt like I was in a boutique hotel, as the bedrooms & ensuites are so luxurious.

The first night and following morning are my MOST favorite times of moving to a new home. Just so much excitement and discovery involved with making a new home your own, what goes where, how even old furniture seems new when placed I a new room, or used a little differently. GAH!, I can hardly stand it! It’s just so beautiful, I wish I could see it first hand to really get a sense of the whole package. Enjoy!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It all just came together! And it's definitely my favourite part. Except for the kitchen. The kitchen rocks. How's your kitchen going?
It just does, it's beyond lovely. It calms me to look at it. All is right with the stairs. I would stop and just happy sigh at it randomly. I would make my family come and look at it.

As for my small scale-it's going! Just need the butler counters/sink, cabinet hardware and new stools. We're also getting a lovely stove!
It's not grand by any stretch, but it sure looks a sight better than where it was:bigsmile:
I'm now having a crisis of paint color for the house. I think we may rebuild the deck as well. The septic people come in a month. The bathroom likely won't start until fall/winter.
We just keep adding projects so we'll see where we get(and what money there is) with some of them:lol:
20230527_023659.jpg

momofive

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! I’ve been where you are. It’s been a year since we moved into our beach house that we built from the ground up. I literally made decisions on EVERYTHING, so it is very personal. But it feels like home and I love it when it’s full with the children and grandchildren as well as when it’s just me.

Your new home is lovely and has been quite a journey. You should definitely make a photo album with before and after photos. It will make a great coffee table book!
Congratulations again and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

HGar

Shiny_Rock
How exciting! I’ve been where you are. It’s been a year since we moved into our beach house that we built from the ground up. I literally made decisions on EVERYTHING, so it is very personal. But it feels like home and I love it when it’s full with the children and grandchildren as well as when it’s just me.

Your new home is lovely and has been quite a journey. You should definitely make a photo album with before and after photos. It will make a great coffee table book!
Congratulations again and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Mom, we did the same thing 13 years ago and I had a photo book made the following year as a gift to my husband on his 40th.

kah42

Shiny_Rock
As everyone else has said, I am so happy for you and your family, and the house came together beautifully! I can't believe the before and after of the staircase -- it really is incredible how you were able to meld together old and new to make it look like it always belonged, while still working today. Congratulations!

Also, can I just confess that I'm going to miss seeing the updates on this amazing home? I looked forward to seeing your updates to this thread!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that staircase is beautiful! I love the paneling. It’s so nice to see how you brought your vision to life.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I recall your post about the Champagne. The post to rule it all. :saint: :wavey: :bigsmile:

I sincerely hope you've had at least TWO bottles (wasted or not) since moving. Celebrating. Living.

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I recall your post about the Champagne. The post to rule it all. :saint: :wavey: :bigsmile:

I sincerely hope you've had at least TWO bottles (wasted or not) since moving. Celebrating. Living.

cheers--Sharon

I have actually had THREE bottles of posh bubbles since we moved in - one each night! I am currently on half term holidays from school for 2 weeks, so it’s an easy habit to slip into, but no more tonight as I have an early hospital appointment in the morning. But the weather is glorious & it’s easy to enjoy a cold glass sitting outside (in the dust & dirt, as the patios haven’t been laid yet!) in the evening.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
The stairway is so perfect. The brown vertical details of the chandelier are repeated in the horizontal stripes of the runner. It is airy, traditional and contemporary all at once. Dreamy look. I like that cool little alcove on the stairs.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s all turned out so beautifully @Ally T, wishing you many happy years and joyous memories in your lovely new home.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It has been such a pleasure watching your process. Thank you for sharing so generously! It's truly a dream home, and I wish you and your family all the best as you settle in!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Joke of the day:

How many Sparkies does it take to hang eleventy billion crystal rods on a dining room light?

PXL_20230601_150440786~4.jpg

PXL_20230601_180907799.MP~2.jpg

Aww, the mom in me is just beaming, "Look at them, working so nicely together on their project!":lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here is my absolute favourite part & the heart of the house: the main staircase. Complete with low level lighting, the big boy chandelier & of course, the most delicious stair runner ever :kiss2:

It blows my mind that the panelling is brand new & hasn't been there forever. It's perfect.

PXL_20230528_213627859~2.jpg

PXL_20230528_213334471~2.jpg

PXL_20230528_213323753~2.jpg

im very much enjoying looking back over this thread now the inside is finished
the stairway is beautiful
is anything going to go on the wee painted landing ? (im not a mnimilaist and would need to fill it up with a least one 'stuff' ):lol-2:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Seeing how your lovely home is coming together kind of makes me dewey-eyed, @Ally T. You've been so kind and generous to share this journey with us. I'm feeling a bit melancholy that it's all coming to a beautiful end! :lol: And the melancholy is only for my own selfish delight when you provide updates.

I'm truly, deeply, thrilled for you and your family! What a whirlwind journey! Thank you again, for sharing with us. :kiss2:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thank you everyone :kiss2: There will be some more pictures to follow once all the new furniture has arrived & is in place, so I can show a post of true before & after shots.

We have been here for a week this weekend & it feels like home already. Everybody is sleeping SO deeply on the new beds. There are still decorators in, builders up on scaffold outside making the balcony & the plasterer is in the gym. The garden is a few weeks from finishing & I have completed my TENTH hoover & mop throughout the downstairs this afternoon (which takes 1.5 hours each time) & I am finally winning against the thick layer of plaster dust.

I also interviewed a highly recommended cleaner this morning & she’s willing to take it on, so she has a trial next Thursday for 5 hours. I suggested 4 but once she had looked around she was like, I will never clean this place top to bottom in 4 hours. I’ll need 5 :lol-2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Soooo what's new?

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results