shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re honeymooning in the Maldives.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any suggestions as to resorts?

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks fun. I''m looking at a resort with an underwater spa!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Sounds very exotic! I am excited to hear all about it!

ETA: Just curious Harriet when are you getting married?? And are you on the brides in waiting list? It's nice to be on the list.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just saw the underwater restaurant. As a claustrophic, I pass, but it looks neat!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m getting married next summer, but am not on that list (too many threads to monitor already). Here''s the resort with the underwater spa we''re considering:
http://www.huvafenfushi.com/

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw this one, Harriet. WOWWW WOWWW
26.gif
!!

The prices here seem a lot higher than the 4 seasons', is that right? If so, we wouldn't be able to afford it.
8.gif

So which one are you going to? Whichever one would be just so out-of-this-world!
30.gif
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the Four Seasons disappoints, will you indemnify me?
2.gif

It's our honeymoon, so we want the best!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely!!
2.gif
We''re going back there for our 10th!
36.gif
...big milestone!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You won't be disappointed! Not unless they've changed management or philosophy. Their service is impeccable, the food out of this world (have to try their eggs benedict - the best we've ever tasted, but not too many though, all those calories), the scenery to kill for, what more can one ask?

Oh incidentally, are you prone to sea-sickness?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not, but the other half is.
Btw, when were you there? It''s been re-built entirely since the tsunami.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no issue with Ritz''s and Four Seasons, they are usually fine and you know what you will be getting for the most part. The only thing is is that they can be a bit predictable. I think that is fine if you do not want to deviate from the safety, because there is nothing worse than a long day of travel ending with arrival at a terrible resort. I never worry about those chains disappointing me, but sometimes I like something a bit more special.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s why we always look at the Four Seasons hotels first.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I know. We went before the tsunami. It''s been rebuilt in its entirely and should be the same, but I suspect better, than before. The tsunami and it''s devastating consequences is actually one of the reasons why we wan to go back there, to help the local people. Tourism is the best way, in our opinions, to help a country and its people rebuild their country and their lives.

Would your FI be ok on the speedboat which is abt a half an hour away from Male. It can get very choppy.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He could always take one of those anti-sickness homeopathic tablets beforehand.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 12:04:14 AM
Author: lienTN
Oh I know. We went before the tsunami. It's been rebuilt in its entirely and should be the same, but I suspect better, than before. The tsunami and it's devastating consequences is actually one of the reasons why we wan to go back there, to help the local people. Tourism is the best way, in our opinions, to help a country and its people rebuild their country and their lives.

Would your FI be ok on the speedboat which is abt a half an hour away from Male. It can get very choppy.
Excellent reason.

I think he'll deal with it to get to the resort.

Help me find more jaw-dropping resorts! That Huvafen Fushi place is to-die-for. In fact, the FI can't wait -- he wants to go this summer!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Harriet-these places look amazing! Please take lots of pics when you go!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will. Come help me find one.

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
ok- i''ve never been to the maldives... but in researching honeymoon locations i came across this.... ohhhhh... it looks soooo heavenly!

if i could afford it.. i''d go in a heartbeat!

w maldives

who1585ex.36481_md.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
more

who1585po.36480_md.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
still more

who1585sp.36467_md.jpg

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
and because i can''t attach more than one picture at a time

who1585sp.36468_md.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Which resort is this?

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Ohh Harriet I am envious ;-)---I was seriously considering the Maldives for my honeymoon as well and have since decided elsewhere, but you are making me reconsider...how wonderful! If you don''t mind me asking what airline are you taking and was the flight really expensive? I am in Canada and the reason we decided not to go to the Maldives was the flight cost/logistics.

Can''t wait to see pics when u return (FI and I were looking at staying at the Hilton for a couple of nights--eeks, expensive, but it looked so fabulous) I want to hear EVERYTHING when u return!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, but I can''t be of help here. We''re flying out of Singapore, not the US. But, you''ll have my full report.
1.gif

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
Jas12 where did you settle on? My fiancee and I are considering where to go (married this October). We went to Belize last year and there are some amazing cayes off the coast that are very luxury-minded... so that looks like the best option at this point from North America.

The maldives certainly do look gorgeous, though!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
vizsla: those pics you posted are gorgeous!!! Harriet...wow...you have SO many choices in accommodations!

vizsla

Brilliant_Rock
W Retreat & Spa - Maldives

any experience i''ve ever had with W hotels has been nothing short of awesome.....

who1585re.36484_sq.jpg

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
apparently, tom and katie had stormy weather in november.....

i''m so excited for you! that will be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Vizsla!

Biblo, do you know where TomKat stayed?

Lien, I have more info (including) rates on Huvafen Fushi if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results