shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re honeymooning in the Maldives.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, Starryeye'd! Thank you; you are so sweet. I want to kick butt.
2.gif
LOL.

I did see some pictures of Virgin Gorda in the BVI's and it does look similar. I just love vacationing. We are going to Kauai for 3 weeks 2 mo from now!!!

I love the ocean so any trip with water involved is great!! Harriet when is your wedding??

I read about you not knowing how to swim. You should learn, seeing all the gorgeous fish underwater is so awesome and beyond words. I bought a camera with a special waterproof casing to take pics of those gorgeous fish. I thought it would be scary to put my head in the water with all the fish but it is wonderful!!! The fish are more scared of you then you are of them.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Have fun on your trip Skippy! That sounds like a luxuriously long vacation - wow! And a great idea after a grueling exam!

I agree those underwater cameras are fun. Even the cheapy disposable waterproof ones work fine. We''ll hopefully persuade Harriet!
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 10:41:50 AM
Author: starryeyed
Have fun on your trip Skippy! That sounds like a luxuriously long vacation - wow! And a great idea after a grueling exam!

I agree those underwater cameras are fun. Even the cheapy disposable waterproof ones work fine. We''ll hopefully persuade Harriet!
1.gif
I hope so. All the colors of the fish are amazing!!!! Who thought they could come in so many colors; it is a whole difference world under water and it is so much better in real life then on tv.

Harriet; just do it!!!!
9.gif

We are cheering you on
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 11:18:48 PM
Author: Skippy123
Here are some pics. I am dying to go there. I love the granite rock; sooooo awesome! I hope you don''t mind me posting pics.
This picture looks fake. Unreal....
30.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
How good a swimmer do I have to be to (1) go snorkelling and (2) be Starry's guest?
2.gif

Skippy,
I'm getting married next summer. I'm so envious of your nice long vacation.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was on Vigin Gorda at Little Dix last Christmas. It was lovely but the Seychelles look more unchartered to me...

Snorkeling, Harriet, involves floating and paddling on the sruface, sticking your face into the water. If you wore a life vest you might be okay, but I would still learn to do some basic swimming.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just looked up Virgin Gorda and it''s stunning! There''s just the 2 of us, so I''m not sure if a villa''s the way to go. Can you recommend any resort? Winter long weekend!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2007 12:24:17 PM
Author: diamondfan
I was on Vigin Gorda at Little Dix last Christmas. It was lovely but the Seychelles look more unchartered to me...

Snorkeling, Harriet, involves floating and paddling on the sruface, sticking your face into the water. If you wore a life vest you might be okay, but I would still learn to do some basic swimming.

I agree with Diamondfan. I would want to learn because you can do short tiny dives (30 seconds) with snorkel gear and use your fins to push yourself underwater.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, I gave you info somewhere. Bitter End, Birras Creek or the resort at Little Dix. Little Dix the resort tends to have more kids depending on the time of year, the other two might be good options. Anguila is also nice. Joss Van Dyck is also in that general area...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,
Sorry -- age is catching up with me. I''m eager to see the Baths at Virgin Gorda.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are nice, a short day trip from any of the resorts and you can snorkel in the water off of them.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
The Bitter End is nice - a little hard to get to, but worth it. A little quiz - anyone know what the "bitter end" actually is?

Harriet, if you want to stay right at the Baths, you can check out Guavaberry Spring Bay. This facility is not ultra posh, nor pricey. It''s low-key, comfortable, and convenient. They have small cottages and villas. The standard is not like the Four Seasons or the Ritz Carlton, but it''s nice and right at the Baths.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, what is the Bitter End? I know what it means figuratively...

I think the baths is nice to go and see, not sure one would need to stay in close proximity...

Cap Juluca on Anguilla is also lovely.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
It's a old sailing term - it's the end of the anchor line that is suppose to be attached to the bow of the boat. When you've let the line all the way out, you've reached the "bitter end".

The other to-die-for place in the BVI's is Peter Island Resort. They have their own island - it's gorgeous! They pick you up at the aiport on Tortola and bring you by private yacht to the resort. VERY nice! They run a boat over to Virgin Gorda.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is not that easy to get to Virgin Gorda, depending where you are coming from. You must take two planes and a boat to get there. You must fly through San Juan or Miami and then land on Tortola...then ferry to the island. Jost Van Dyke is also tough to get to but supposedly is great...but for a long weekend that may be too involved. If you go in the summer, Bermuda can be a nice hop and decent to go to...the Amanyara in Turks and Caicos is also great. I am not a great flyer and for a weekend would rather have one short flight, but not all of these destinations are accessible that way. We liked the Four Seasons in Nevis, but it is a bear to get to. And what about St. Barth''s? Not easy either, you must go through St. Martin, and take a small plane on a short hop, but for dining and shopping it is a great spot!

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
DF is totally right - the BVI''s are not easy to get to - but that''s what makes them so nice. The BVI''s have the one of, if not, the highest net worth per capita figures in the world. It''s a popular spot for offshore banking. In Tortola, the gift shops and jewelry stores line the street-level retail and the offices above them are trust attorneys. I''ve run into many a Swiss banker!

Bermuda is a great suggestion for a quick trip. There''s also a ton to do on Puerto Rico, which is a direct flight. Just don''t go during hurricane season!
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am all for a destination being a bit off the beaten path so it is more unspoiled, but I hate the inconvenience involved. Once I am there I am fine, til I have to get it all together to go back through it again going home! It is even worse when we have the kids, even though they are really awesome travelers and well behaved. I love exotic and less traveled but wish I did not hate traveling, i.e. getting there, so much.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results