shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re honeymooning in the Maldives.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lili

Ideal_Rock
Hi Harriet,

I don''t have any anything to say except .....Wow, I''m so jealous!
We were thinking about going to Maldives for our honeymoon too, but we went to Bora Bora instead.
Perhaps we''ll go for our 5-yr or 10-yr anniversary :)
Anyway, would definitely love to see pix and hear about your experiences when you get back.

Have fun!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 1:58:45 PM
Author: starryeyed

Date: 4/3/2007 12:48:41 PM
Author: Harriet
Can I come sailing with you? I can't swim, but I don't get sea-sick.
17.gif
Harriet, you were thinking of a cruise and the Maldives and you can't SWIM????
6.gif

Harriet, it would be my advice to you to put learning to swim at the TOP of your list of things to do! Afterall, you want to be able to go snorkeling with all the gorgeous tropical fish. It would be a waste to spend all that money to stay at the Maldives and be so short-changed on the experience.

Harriet, I couldn't, in good conscience, take you sailing if you don't know how to swim. If I lost you overboard somehow, I'd never forgive myself.
39.gif
Please take some lessons?
If I take lessons, can I come?
2.gif
(My trainer already has basic lessons planned for me, and he's a taskmaster.)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 5:26:34 PM
Author: diamondfan
Little Dix was nice. The Bitter End and Biras Creek are nice, we stayed in homes on Little Dix above the resort. I did a post about it in December or Jan with photos. It is a Rock resort, lovely but a bit dated, I think they are doing a lot of renovating. We are going to Turks and Anguila the next two holidays in December, so I am not sure. I know people who love Joss Van Dyke...St. Barth''s is also great for couples, we liked it a lot.

I am older, not old for sure, but in my late teens and early 20''s I was much more adventurous and less fearful about travel and other issues. Especially since I had kids. Used to love roller coasters, flying, trying new things, NO MORE. Horrifying to me now.

I would learn to swim for sure. To go to all these water based areas and not be able to fully participate is a bummer in my view. That Tuscan villa with a staff and some good books sounds about right to me then. You can get to Florence and Milan for shopping and culture...the Amalfi Coast is also lovely as well.
I''ve always wanted to see the Amalfi Coast. Any hotel recommendations?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 2:33:44 PM
Author: lili
Hi Harriet,

I don''t have any anything to say except .....Wow, I''m so jealous!
We were thinking about going to Maldives for our honeymoon too, but we went to Bora Bora instead.
Perhaps we''ll go for our 5-yr or 10-yr anniversary :)
Anyway, would definitely love to see pix and hear about your experiences when you get back.

Have fun!
Hi Lili,
Nothing to be jealous about -- you went to Bora Bora!
1.gif
Did you enjoy it?
We''ll be in the Maldives this August, and I''ll keep you posted.

Btw, for all those who''ve chimed in with resort recommendations, we''ve settled on the Four Seasons Kuda Huraa.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 4:35:41 PM
If I take lessons, can I come?
2.gif
(My trainer already has basic lessons planned for me, and he''s a taskmaster.)
I would feel much better about taking you sailing if you could swim!
1.gif

I hope DF responds about where to stay on the Amalfi Coast. It is certainly beautiful. I stayed in Sorrento and took a drive over. I stopped at a hotel that seemed to have a great location called the Hotel Santa Caterina. The rooms weren''t as posh as I expected for the price, but I think it''s more about the location. If there''s a nicer hotel on the Amalfi Coast, I''d love to know where!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not too sure, but I know Il Pellicano is Tuscany is lovely...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 4:41:17 PM
Hi Lili,
Nothing to be jealous about -- you went to Bora Bora!
1.gif
Did you enjoy it?
We'll be in the Maldives this August, and I'll keep you posted.

Btw, for all those who've chimed in with resort recommendations, we've settled on the Four Seasons Kuda Huraa.
Harriet, I looked their website up, and it looks absolutely devine!! Just breathtaking.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention something I thought of though. I see they have activities for kids. Now, I have nothing against kids, have 3 myself.
9.gif
However, even at their best, kids, are kids. And some parents aren't as attentive to them behaving, and they can get rather loud and boisterous, etc.

I mention it because the first time we went on an all inclusive out of the country, we didn't think about that. We wished we had, as we really needed a relaxing time, and would have preferred it a little more quiet. We went to get away from lil ones....The next time we went to a place where no one under 18 was allowed.

So, I just thought I'd mention it. Certainly not trying to put a damper on things, but rather, trying to make sure you have a truly enjoyable time.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Starryeyed,
If I learn to swim, can I come?
2.gif
Nothing like an incentive ...

DF,
I've never been to Tuscany, but you seem to really like it.

Ellen,
That's why we're getting a bungalow with its own pool!
1.gif
Btw, which kid-less resort was that? Did you enjoy it?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Europe and Italy especially. And I agree that I would want to be somewhere that does not cater to young kids. I love mine, but if I am on vacation without them, I do not want to be surrounded by other people''s kids, since they usually are not as nicely behaved as would be expected in a nice atmosphere. I would want quiet and romance, and I just think Italy is so amazing for that...I love the food and wine and the ambiance.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 9:20:29 PM
Starryeyed, If I learn to swim, can I come?
2.gif
DF, I''ve never been to Tuscany, but you seem to really like it.
Ellen, That''s why we''re getting a bungalow with its own pool!
1.gif
Harriet, if you become a proficient swimmer, you can certainly join me for a sail!
1.gif

Tuscany is like a slice of heaven - DF has great taste!
2.gif

Ellen brings up a great point about other people''s kids on your honeymoon. I checked out the reviews of the 4 Seasons Kuda Huraa on tripadvisor.com and everyone raves. Some people have made slight comments about no special treatments for honeymooners or hearing the screams of children while getting a massage at the spa, but the criticisms are not harsh and seem insignificant to the overall experience.

The overall experience DOES seem to include swimming and snorkeling, so I hope that trainer of yours gets started asap!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 10:28:06 PM

2.gif
DF, I've never been to Tuscany, but you seem to really like it.
Ellen, That's why we're getting a bungalow with its own pool!
1.gif
Harriet, if you become a proficient swimmer, you can certainly join me for a sail!
1.gif

2.gif

Ellen brings up a great point about other people's kids on your honeymoon. I checked out the reviews of the 4 Seasons Kuda Huraa on tripadvisor.com and everyone raves. Some people have made slight comments about no special treatments for honeymooners or hearing the screams of children while getting a massage at the spa, but the criticisms are not harsh and seem insignificant to the overall experience.

The overall experience DOES seem to include swimming and snorkeling, so I hope that trainer of yours gets started asap!
1.gif
Yes, ma'am!
17.gif

Huvafen Fushi has water bungalows with pools, whereas at the Four Seasons, it's either or. But, tripadvisor has quite a number of negative reviews of the former. Btw, have you heard anything about the One and Only Reethi Rah?

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 10:28:06 PM

2.gif
DF, I''ve never been to Tuscany, but you seem to really like it.
Ellen, That''s why we''re getting a bungalow with its own pool!
1.gif

2.gif
I concur with strarryeyed Tuscany is my all time favourite place. actually Italy is my fave place I should say. I spent a month there for more 40th birthday it felt like i had come home even though I have no Italian heritage. Florence and Lucca were just so beautiful. The Cinque Terra which I do''nt think is offically in Tuscany was unbelievable Positano is awesome and Rome is sublime. Go there please Harriet and let me live vicariously through you
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe next year. I officially have 4 weeks of vacation per year, but ...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ellen,
That''s why we''re getting a bungalow with its own pool!
1.gif
Good deal!!
36.gif

Honestly, the name is escaping me (it''s hell getting old), may come back to me later. The resort was gorgeous, but the beach was not as big/long as I would have liked, and although TripAdviser raved about the food, I didn''t care for most of it. It was all rather tasteless/bland, so I didn''t eat much. Rather dissapointing on that front.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 11:29:39 PM
Huvafen Fushi has water bungalows with pools, whereas at the Four Seasons, it''s either or. But, tripadvisor has quite a number of negative reviews of the former. Btw, have you heard anything about the One and Only Reethi Rah?
I don''t know anything about it. Here''s the Trip Advisor link: One and Only Reethi Rah

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most of the One and Only resorts are lovely, as are most Relais and Chateau properties.

L''Auberge de Soleil in Napa is great, and French Laundry is one of the top restaurants in the country. That might be a great trip, touring wineries, going for a hot air balloon ride, having great food and spa treatments...something else to consider.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen,
If the food is blah, I'll pass.
1.gif

Starry,
Thanks for the link. There are a fair number of complaints that the island is man-made and too small. The pictures are gorgeous, though.

DF,
I'm constitutionally incapable of drinking, but am jonesing to try the French Laundry. Maybe a long weekend.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would die if I could not drink wine. I am not a big drinker at all, but I do love wine and champagne in moderation. There are other things to do in Napa but if you cannot have any wine I would skip it! Fresh out of ideas Harriet! But I would avoid some of the tropics after that tsunami this week, that''s for sure.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t handle any amount of alcohol, but I can always eat!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
ITALY ITALY ITALY or PARIS PARIS PARIS then.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
All of the above, m''lady.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, the Maldives. I want to go to the Seychelles!!!
The Amalfi coast is gorgeous!!! I can''t remember our hotel but it was 7 years ago on our honeymoon and I remember just being in Sorrento on a cliff watching a gorgeous sunset!!! I always wanted to go to Greece and my hubby said it is similar to the Amalfi Coast. Capri is gorgeous too!

The Maldives sound gorgeous
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, my original honeymoon was to be an African safari and then on to the Seychelles, but it was a long trip, hubby could not leave for that long and I was relieved because I was chicken!! Now I wish I had done it...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What were the Seychelles like? Since we're already going to the Maldives this year (instant gratification), we need a new honeymoon plan. It will probably have to be near Southeast Asia, since we have 2 receptions there.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are some pics. I am dying to go there. I love the granite rock; sooooo awesome! I hope you don''t mind me posting pics.

Seychelles.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I got married, 17 years ago, it was a stunning beach resort in Africa. I have no idea what it is like now. It is an island (archipelago) off the coast of Africa, north of Magagascar.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
one more

photo_lg_seychelles.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

Skippy,
Don't be silly. You know I like "seeing" you.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 11:28:19 PM
Gorgeous!

Skippy,
Don''t be silly. You know I like ''seeing'' you.
1.gif
LOL
9.gif
thanks
36.gif

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Skippy, i think I read on one of Harriet''s thread that you are prepping for the CPA exam? GOOD LUCK! Go kick some butt, girlfriend!

Those pictures look very similar to Virgin Gorda in the BVI''s. It''s beautiful there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results