shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re having a tiny wedding in Paris!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any restaurant/hotel suggestions?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisiebelle,
Thanks for the info, which I did not possess. The actual ceremony will be in NY, and the dinner reception will be in Paris. I think that should be ok, right?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You could have a Blessing Ceremony done in France without any legal requirements. Is that what you mean? I think its such a lovely romantic idea to have some of your celebrations in France
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! It'll just be a dinner for about 20 people (my FI's parents live in Europe). It'll end up being a tri-continent wedding!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you have a wonderful time! I would love to visit France.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Ritz or the George Cinq are lovely, and I know Tour D''Argent and Taillvent were great restaurants back in the day, but I am not sure of their Michelin status any longer.

How romantic!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I meant to type Taillevent, I am a bit tired this morning. You can google both of them and the Le Hotel Meurice is supposed to be nice too. Le Cinq is Daniel Boulud's restaurant...Taillevant is number one in Paris (Zagat) and also considered one of the top restaurants in the world, and La tour D'Argent (Tower of Silver if my french is not failing me) is also considered a gastronic mecca to haute cuisine according to some guide books. The restaurant in the Meurice also gets top honors, so you could stay there and have the meal there too!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, DF. We''ll be staying at the George V (we''re loyal to a certain hotel chain), which has unfortunately lost one star this year.

Snow White

Rough_Rock
Hi Harriet,

I would be glad to help you organizing your wedding diner. I have been living in Paris for 2 years now.

What are you concretely looking for: ambiance, type of food, service, budget, area...

Where do your FI''s family comes from? Mine is from Germany.

Good luck for you preparations
37.gif

S. W.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered a dinner cruise on the Sienne? I have a friend who hired a private boat for an occasion, her husband''s 50th, and it was stunning...Not everyone has sealegs (or riverlegs
31.gif
) so, it''s just a thought...

What a lovely idea though...Have a wonderful time, and PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES...what will you wear?!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 9:13:22 AM
Author: Harriet
Thanks, DF. We''ll be staying at the George V (we''re loyal to a certain hotel chain), which has unfortunately lost one star this year.

You asked for hotel rec''s too which is why I gave it. I am sure the George V is still fine, but if you are concerned about it losing a star, loyalty or not, why not check out the Meurice or the Ritz?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/18/2007 8:25:39 PM
Maisiebelle,
Thanks for the info, which I did not possess. The actual ceremony will be in NY, and the dinner reception will be in Paris. I think that should be ok, right?

Harriet and Maisiebelle, your discussion brought up old memories. Thirty years ago my husband and I were living in Paris and trying to decide where to get married. At first we thought we would get married in Italy since he was from Italy and his parents lived there, but the documents they required from me were too onerous (plus they had to read the banns). The French required just as many documents, but from both of us. In the end, we got married in Connecticut. Our thirtieth anniversary is this month. I found it amusing that the newspaper announced that we would honeymoon on Cape Cod and reside in Paris.

Bonne chance!

Deborah
34.gif

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
le souffle!!!!!! they have everything from vegetable and salmon souffles to chocolate chip souffles!!!!!!!! i have NEVER had a better souffle since then. i would jump off a bridge for one! they are THAT yummy! totally would recommend for a rehersal dinner! they also have traditional french food on the menu!!!! i went with my dad when we went to paris, and it is the only memorable meal i have ever had!!!!! ever!!!!! and i have been to a lot of good, high-end restraunts in my life, but nothing beats this place!!!!!!! its perfect for a small wedding and it is in an ideal paris location!

http://www.lesouffle.fr/

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 12:17:59 PM
Author: diamondfan

Date: 3/19/2007 9:13:22 AM

You asked for hotel rec''s too which is why I gave it. I am sure the George V is still fine, but if you are concerned about it losing a star, loyalty or not, why not check out the Meurice or the Ritz?
DF,
I misspoke -- it''s the restaurant that''s lost a star. No offence meant to you.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 1:01:02 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 3/18/2007 8:25:39 PM
Maisiebelle,

Harriet and Maisiebelle, your discussion brought up old memories. Thirty years ago my husband and I were living in Paris and trying to decide where to get married. At first we thought we would get married in Italy since he was from Italy and his parents lived there, but the documents they required from me were too onerous (plus they had to read the banns). The French required just as many documents, but from both of us. In the end, we got married in Connecticut. Our thirtieth anniversary is this month. I found it amusing that the newspaper announced that we would honeymoon on Cape Cod and reside in Paris.

Bonne chance!

Deborah
34.gif
lol!! I bet people reading it were thinking it had been muddled up!! How lucky for you to live in Paris though! I used to live in Germany and its nowhere near as lovely as France!!!!

Congratulations on 30 years married!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any recommendations since my paris budget allowed for baguettes and cheese when I was travelling to Paris. However, paris is lovely and I hope you have a wonderful time and come back with lots of cute pictures.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2007 2:07:23 PM
Author: Maisiebelle

lol!! I bet people reading it were thinking it had been muddled up!! How lucky for you to live in Paris though! I used to live in Germany and its nowhere near as lovely as France!!!!

Congratulations on 30 years married!
36.gif
I did not stay in France for long, and would very much like to see Germany, which I have not seen. Thank you for the good wishes on my upcoming anniversary. It has been touch and go as to whether we would make it ;-). I am following your thread about returning to work (in another forum) with interest. I will not hijack this thread to discuss that, though.

Let''s get back to planning Harriet''s reception!

Deb
34.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes lets help her plan it and she might let us come!!
31.gif

Just kidding - don''t panic Harriet!!
9.gif
I hope you come and post photos to show us where you chose!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 9:38:21 AM
Author: Snow White
Hi Harriet,

I would be glad to help you organizing your wedding diner. I have been living in Paris for 2 years now.

What are you concretely looking for: ambiance, type of food, service, budget, area...

Where do your FI''s family comes from? Mine is from Germany.

Good luck for you preparations
37.gif

S. W.
Snow White,
How kind of you! I''ll let you know when things are more concrete. My fiance''s parents are American, but live in Switzerland.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
Any wardrobe suggestions?

AGBF,
Congratulations on a long marriage!

Biblobaggins23,
Thanks! I love souffles too.

Kcoursolle,
Thanks!

Btw, you're all invited. My wedding registry is at Whiteflash.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did I mention that it will be a tri-continent wedding? Help!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Harriet, I ADORE the Swiss! The country is rated #2 in happiest residents, behind Denmark I believe... Your FI''s parents are very wise. I adored Switzerland and would consider a move there...who knows....
31.gif

Now let''s get down to the REAL issue: What to wear!

What kind of feel are you going for?

For a casual elegant wedding in Paris I would personally consider the 3/4 skirt suit option. I remember once seeing a fantastic creme colored fitted cashmere suit from Donna Karan, so I have always imagined a perfect elegant suit as such: A clean collar but unique, like portrait collar or mandarin... In a thick fabric like a crepe or light wool (even cahsmere!), of course in a creme or ivory color, as stark white to me is not attractive in a suit.... Then underneath you can have a mtaching ivory or creme colored silk camisole. Of course your hemline varies with what fits you best, but I prefer a 3/4 length, just below the knee for modesty.

Shoes: I am feeling a nice antique bronze pump of stiletto, as little fabric as possible (sandal if season allows)
Check out Bluefly''s selection for Jimmy Choos and others on sale. I liked "Balm", "Groom", "Piazza" and "Gracie"...

I found a dress, which would be more fun and dressy:
Armani gown

If you want more elegant and dressy I would suggest a style

For a flash effect consider Guiseppe Zanotti shoes in gold #2077300 or my favorite Tuffi Duek in Old Silver style #2017117 (which I own all three colors and know they are RIDICULOUSLY comfy, there is a matching bag, but not sure they carry it anymore?), actually there are SO many more, but I had to stop myself and my shoe obsession...

I''ll add some pictures of some dresses from Blue fly for ideas...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Not THIS dress, but something like it for a more dressy wedding maybe?

Fishtail satin strapless front resize.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
the front, which I am not crazy about...

Fishtail satin strapless back resize.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Or this Michael Kors in white, more casual and short...

White MK dress resize.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
and another dressy option...by the way, I looked on WF, but you weren''t registered...?
33.gif
31.gif

One strap resize.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
Thanks! You really are a girl after my own heart. Both my dinners will be in August, the Paris one being less formal than the Singapore one. I like the Michael Kors for the Paris one. Now, please help me find something longer for my other dinner.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nicrez,
What do you think of Vera Wang''s Lavender label?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I have a tiny obsession with Vera Wang''s various labels...I ADORE her designs, but HATE her wedding dresses...? It''s bizarre...I don''t like that she will almost never customize a gown. That''s silly. Even Carolina Herrera will!

lavender label is a great choice. I was so exhausted when searching those dresses that I used only BlueFly as a source, but the Vera Wang''s they had (although none where light enough) where just the best designed and nicest dresses consistantly on that site. Her design team is excellent, even in the lower labels. That''s why for my sister''s wedding I chose the Vera Wang Lavender Label gown for the Bridesmaids...

Good choice! Any in particular? I apologize I am working like a dog lately, and have no real time to help search, and when I do I am so out of it! I am so excited to hear the plans for this tri-continental affair!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results