shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re having a tiny wedding in Paris!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No need to apologise. Weren't you the one telling me to work less?
2.gif

I'll take a closer look at the Lavender label -- it's nice and affordable. Does the Madison boutique carry it? What do you think of this one?

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/19273

Won't the Camellia pendant go well with it?
26.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Harriet, I think we''re going to have a lot of fun looking on as you plan your wedding! Will you also have a dress for the NY wedding? It will be something to have to have three different dresses!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re not having a reception in NY, just a courthouse solemnisation. Wouldn''t mind a new dress for that though!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 6:07:49 PM
Author: Harriet
No need to apologise. Weren''t you the one telling me to work less?
2.gif

I''ll take a closer look at the Lavender label -- it''s nice and affordable. Does the Madison boutique carry it? What do you think of this one?

Won''t the Camellia pendant go well with it?
26.gif
Harriet-
That dress is gorgeous-
Bergdorf Goodman carries the VW lavender label. I have a friend who used to work for VW and I was able to order some lavender label dresses through her and I went and tried some on at Bergdorf''s (because it''s next door to my office) so I knew what size to order.

I love that Michael Kors dress!

Also I think you should totally get something fun to wear for your NYC courthouse solemnisation- but I wouldn''t go overboard- I know from a friend who did this that it is very quick and business like.

For a moment during my planning I considered doing the NYC courthouse/City hall thing, followed by dinner at City Hall restaurant which is downtown- it''s a nice place and I thought it would be adorable to celebrate a City Hall wedding w/ a dinner at City Hall!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey dtnyc,
It''s good to hear from you again! Any other dress suggestions?
1.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 3:36:24 PM
Hey dtnyc,
It''s good to hear from you again! Any other dress suggestions?
1.gif
I have been MIA because I am preparing to move.
I am leaving NYC-
39.gif
and moving to Annapolis, MD- cute area- but not nearly as good of shopping! also moving means trying to save money, so coming on to pscope is a bad idea if you are trying not to spend!

What season are you having the small Paris wedding and the NYC courthouse ceremony?
also I don''t know what you have in mind for a budget- but there there is a lot of really cute lace and eyelet stuff out there right now- that could definitely be "bridal" but is also re-wearable...

This is a little short- but so cute! perfect for a spring/summer daytime affair!
http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod17630041&parentId=cat226305&masterId=cat234605&index=17&cmCat=cat000000cat230300cat232503cat234605cat226305

I love these too:

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod18550006&parentId=cat226305&masterId=cat234605&index=30&cmCat=cat000000cat230300cat232503cat234605cat226305

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod19290028&parentId=cat226305&masterId=cat234605&index=33&cmCat=cat000000cat230300cat232503cat234605cat226305

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry to lose you, but congrats on the move. My wedding is in the summer, so that Tahari dress would be great! I''d like to spend lss than a grand a dress (more money for jewels). Btw, the reports and images of my future studs are in. Come help!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2007 6:07:49 PM
No need to apologise. Weren''t you the one telling me to work less?
2.gif

I''ll take a closer look at the Lavender label -- it''s nice and affordable. Does the Madison boutique carry it? What do you think of this one?

Won''t the Camellia pendant go well with it?
26.gif
Good call! Cameilia Brooch or PENDANT! ;-)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
With HW drops?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, BIG fan of a suit for courthouse weddings:

Overbudget, but it''s as Borat would say..."Veeeery niiiice!"
31.gif

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod16760051&parentId=cat215300&masterId=cat000009&index=6&cmCat=cat000000cat000002cat000009cat215300

or pants:

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod17000037&parentId=cat215300&masterId=cat000009&index=12&cmCat=cat000000cat000002cat000009cat215300

They are over 1K, but can be reworn and used in parts OVER AND OVER again...

and...back to work! It''s crazy season for me, so it will slow down in a week...you, lawyer...NEVER... ;-) (kidding!)

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would lurve a white suit, but I''m not a lady who lunches. Btw, this lawyer is home sick with strep.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I just found the post on your studs- they are going to be fabulous and I saw your watch post too!

you are a naughty girl!!!
4.gif

I think that the Tahari dress is really cute, I love a classic shift like that (like the Michael Kors as well) but I don't know how a pendant would go w/ it- the neckline seems a little high- but your studs would look great with it!

Are you going on a honeymoon? because it's totally a dress you could wear again on a honeymoon in a hot/tropical location.

Also when you are feeling better you should definitely take a little trip to Bergdorf's- I always have luck there (too much so!) finding dresses- it's where I got the dress that I wore to my showe and the dress that I changed into for our last dance.

I think that Bendel's has lots of cute dresses in now as well.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been bad.
15.gif
I am going on a tropical honyemoon -- the Maldives!

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh the Maldives are supposed to be amazing!

Your watch looks great- I just read the whole thread!
I just bought a Raymond Weil myself - nothing too fancy- but like you I didn''t have a "nice" watch. Also my "baby" bonus came through at work- I already got my real bonus this was like a small profit sharing thing, and I was pretty practical w/ my big bonus so I figured I could buy myself something nice w/ the baby bonus. Also I was able to convince myself that a watch is a practical thing to have!

http://www.lussori.com/Raymond-Weil-Don-Giovanni-Ladies-Cosi-Grande-4516.html

I am going to check out your studs some more!

Just because you seem like a kindred shopping spirit- I have to ask if you have made the pilgrimage to the Woodbury Common outlets? I went 2 weeks ago w/ 3 girlfriends and it was fantastic! I had to restrain myself, but now I am regretting not picking up this red Hogan bag that was at the Tod''s outlet for a song!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the bonuses and the new watch! I''ve been to Woodbury, but haven''t been too successful.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 5:16:08 PM
I''ve been bad.
15.gif

Did you see the restaurant the is lowered into the water and you eat inside a glass tube with skate and sharks swimming around you?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Aww- thanks- none of it is really a big deal- the watch purchase was a tad impulsive- I walked to fortunoff''s to buy the remaining 4 place-settings of the stainless we didn''t get from our wedding since it was on sale and the stainless flatware is on the same floor as the watches and I just started looking.

Now what is this Leon project I read about?
Did you meet with him? or did you just e-mail/talk on the phone? I want to know!

I e-mailed w/ him once and got a quote on getting my e-ring re-set (I am happy w/ the style of the ring, but not wild about the craftsmanship of the setting- long story there) but haven''t decided if it''s worth the time/money, since I would eventually like to upgrade my stone.

I can''t decide if it''s worth making an investment in the setting that I will eventually dismantle when I upgrade the stone- that being said I can afford the setting re-do WAY before I will be getting a stone upgrade...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 5:33:48 PM
Author: diamondfan

Date: 3/21/2007 5:16:08 PM
I've been bad.
15.gif

Did you see the restaurant the is lowered into the water and you eat inside a glass tube with skate and sharks swimming around you?
Which one?! We're staying here:
http://www.fourseasons.com/maldiveskh/

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 5:37:58 PM
Author: dtnyc
Aww- thanks- none of it is really a big deal- the watch purchase was a tad impulsive- I walked to fortunoff''s to buy the remaining 4 place-settings of the stainless we didn''t get from our wedding since it was on sale and the stainless flatware is on the same floor as the watches and I just started looking.

Now what is this Leon project I read about?
Did you meet with him? or did you just e-mail/talk on the phone? I want to know!

I e-mailed w/ him once and got a quote on getting my e-ring re-set (I am happy w/ the style of the ring, but not wild about the craftsmanship of the setting- long story there) but haven''t decided if it''s worth the time/money, since I would eventually like to upgrade my stone.

I can''t decide if it''s worth making an investment in the setting that I will eventually dismantle when I upgrade the stone- that being said I can afford the setting re-do WAY before I will be getting a stone upgrade...
Which Leon project?! I was thinking of re-setting my ring, but the wise Pricescoperes dissuaded me. I''m also having him find me a cuhion-cut tsavorite, which I will set in the HW micropave style.

TCBug

Rough_Rock
We went to Paris as an early 20th anniversary trip in September 2006. Restaurants in order: (1) Guy Savoy (pronounced "Gey" Savoy); (2) Taillvent; (3) La Tour D''Argent. We had lunch at #1 and #2 -- be prepared for a bill over $1,000 if you order wine. But soooo well worth it. There is nothing in the states that compares to the food, wine, cheese, and dessert selections (NOT TO MENTION THE SERVICE) at these two restaruants. (Yes, I live in NY -- no comparison.) Plan to spend at least 3 hours. Make this your "one meal" for the day.

La Tour D''Argent is a "must" if either of you loves duck, history, or both. It''s a 300+ year old restaurant on about the 3rd floor of a beautiful historic building. Just about the best view of Notre Dame by night that there is. Each duck ordered is numbered -- for hundreds of years. You will get a postcard with your duck''s # on it! Nice cheese selection too.

The best food, by far, was Guy Savoy and Taillvent. If you can just fit one in, do Guy Savoy -- even if it''s for lunch!!!!!!!!!

Have a GREAT time!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Merci bien! You can bet we''ll be having more than one good meal. Btw, are you familiar with Fauchon on Madison? I''m terribly saddened by its closure.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Harriet-
I am sure you already know this- but the 4 Seasons will be incredible. We stayed at their property in Costa Rica for the last 4 days of our trip there and it was wonderful. They really know what they are doing and you can''t go wrong with them- it''s delightful- but not at all stuffy.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Costa Rica was great- we were there during the "green" season, which is the low season- but it was fine. We stayed our first and last night at Finca Rosa Blanca which is only 20 minutes from the airport- then we flew to Puerto Jimenez (southern Pacific coast- Oso Pennisula) and stayed at Lapa Rios for 4 nights- www.laparios.com. Unbelievable place- definitely off the beaten path- great food and service- TONS to do... but a little rustic- luxurious adventure if you will.
We then flew back to San Jose and went into the mountains- we couldn''t get into anywhere good in the Tabacon area (which is the big volcano/hot springs area that we heard great things about) so we just did the cloud forest thing- went to a coffee plantation & smaller volcano- 2 nights at the Peace Lodge- v. Americanized and the only place we wouldn''t go back to- not awful, like it didn''t ruin our trip and the service was great - nice room, etc. but not good food and it was just a little "manufactured" and you were captive there.
Then we flew to the Guancaste region - which is the Northern Pacific coast- and did the 4 Seasons- Go NOW! This hotel is on the Pennisula Papagayo and currently the only hotel there- they are going to build like 4-5 more and a marina (there is some construction going on of private homes, but it''s not noticeable except for on 1 hole on the golf course)... go now before the other hotels are there!
4 seasons got the best spot- beaches on both sides- and it''s not a huge hotel- it''s more of compound of several buildings, several pools, etc. It was great- we snorkeled, took a boat ride, took a tour of the golf course (great views) which inspired my husband to play a round of golf- I am not a golfer- but the course was the most beautiful I have ever seen, we also hiked (they have a nature trail,) ate, etc. etc.

I wanna go back! there are flights directly into the Liberia airport (where you would go for the 4 Seasons) and we definitely want to see more of CR, but always want to finish our trip w/ at least 2 nights at the 4 seasons-
This is going to sound crazy- but the hotel had free laundry on each floor- and after more than a week in the jungle I was SO excited to do wash and come home w/ all clean clothes- my husband joked that it was reason alone to always end your trip to CR w/ a stay @ the 4Seasons.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 7:57:42 PM
Author: TCBug
We went to Paris as an early 20th anniversary trip in September 2006. Restaurants in order: (1) Guy Savoy (pronounced ''Gey'' Savoy); (2) Taillvent; (3) La Tour D''Argent. We had lunch at #1 and #2 -- be prepared for a bill over $1,000 if you order wine. But soooo well worth it. There is nothing in the states that compares to the food, wine, cheese, and dessert selections (NOT TO MENTION THE SERVICE) at these two restaruants. (Yes, I live in NY -- no comparison.) Plan to spend at least 3 hours. Make this your ''one meal'' for the day.

La Tour D''Argent is a ''must'' if either of you loves duck, history, or both. It''s a 300+ year old restaurant on about the 3rd floor of a beautiful historic building. Just about the best view of Notre Dame by night that there is. Each duck ordered is numbered -- for hundreds of years. You will get a postcard with your duck''s # on it! Nice cheese selection too.

The best food, by far, was Guy Savoy and Taillvent. If you can just fit one in, do Guy Savoy -- even if it''s for lunch!!!!!!!!!

Have a GREAT time!

TC Bug, I recommended La Tour D''Argent and Taillevent too! Great minds....

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, I am sure you will find something great, but I have found, looking around at simple cocktail dresses, that I am not spending less than 2000.00 and usually more for short dresses. Lavender label might be a good option, since nothing I have seen is much less than what I quoted above. Lida Baday has some lovely short dresses at about 1300.00...worth checking out, I think Bergdorf''s carries it.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a vacation! Important question -- what are the pools at the Four Seasons like?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 10:03:56 PM
Author: diamondfan
Harriet, I am sure you will find something great, but I have found, looking around at simple cocktail dresses, that I am not spending less than 2000.00 and usually more for short dresses. Lavender label might be a good option, since nothing I have seen is much less than what I quoted above. Lida Baday has some lovely short dresses at about 1300.00...worth checking out, I think Bergdorf''s carries it.
DF,
Can I raid your closets instead?
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sure!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results