shape
carat
color
clarity

We''re having a tiny wedding in Paris!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
All this wedding attire talk is making me think about necklaces!
6.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!! How did I miss this thread?

Harriet, my hubby and I lOOOVEEE
30.gif
30.gif
Paris and the rest of France for that matter. We''ve been there on holiday a few times nd just cannot get enough. I practise my French every time we go and it''s a lot of fun. Does yr FI speak fluent French? Do you? My French sucks but it doesn''t stop me from trying. My best friend who is also Swiss got married to her Chinese French husband in Bourgogne in a BEAUTIFUL castle and they hired a catering firm - the food, I tell you was just heavenly! Are you set on getting married in Paris or would anywhere else in France do? Paris would be divine too, just so chic!

Re the dress, would you consider shopping in Paris for it? would you have the time? They have so many beautiful chothes and shoes!! Look at the French women, they are so very elegant, arent'' they? But you are soo lucky to live in NY, there are tons and tons of great places to shop at.

I also love the dresses that you and the others have posted. I bet you''ll look gorgeous, whatever you''re wearing. I bet you''re tall and slender and the rest....

OH MI GOD!! The Four Seasons in the Maldives is just the best, it is out of this world
30.gif
30.gif
. My DH and I went there for our 5th wedding anniversary and got upgraded to the water bungalows (they screwed up - long story) so we got to stay there for one entire week. It was absolutely magical. Do you and yr FI (soon to be yr DH) dive? Snorkel? The water is soooo pristine, so beautifully blue, the fish just swim around you when you go into the water, they''re not scared of you at all. And to be able to sleep in a water bungalow, right there in the middle of the sea (well practically) is just an experience you cannot miss. My hubby and I are going back to the same exact place for our forthcoming 10th anniversary this July but we can only afford to stay for 3-4 nights, not an entire week. Are you staying in a water bungalow?

Oh, I am so excited for you!!
36.gif
36.gif
26.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 10:34:21 PM
Author: Harriet
6.gif

I am looking at one now too, but no wedding for me...thankfully! Happily going strong almost 17 years later!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, too many questions to answer! Neither of us speaks French, but our tummies love Paris. Which Four Seasons were you at? We''re also considering:
http://www.huvafenfushi.com/

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 10:40:54 PM
Author: diamondfan

Date: 3/21/2007 10:34:21 PM
6.gif

I am looking at one now too, but no wedding for me...thankfully! Happily going strong almost 17 years later!
Which one? Do tell.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is from a local jeweler...got inspired at HW but they did not have the ones in stock that I wanted, and I would want to try something like this on my neck...has to lay right. I wanted a necklace to wear formal and with cocktails dresses...as much as I love my Hello Kitty pendant it just does not cut it
2.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 10:19:56 PM
What a vacation! Important question -- what are the pools at the Four Seasons like?

there were 3 pools - plus LARGE hot tub pool w/ waterfall ledge that was cool.
They are not ginormous- but they were nice- one was large w/a bridge going over it- that was the middle pool. On either side of this main pool you went down a few steps towards the beach on either end and there were smaller pools w/ views of the beach. One of these side pools was a quiet/adults only pool.

Typical fabulous 4seasons pool service w/ fruit kabobs, popsicles, sunglass cleaning,etc.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
did they hose down the hot sand for you and bring you Evian mists and cold towels? In Maui they did and I loved it.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You naughty girl! I''d love to see yr entire jewellery collection
30.gif
one day (hint hint!! he he..).

The same exact one you posted abt.

If you are staying in a water bungalow, you''ve got yr own private "pool" - the ocean! right there on yr (back) doorstep.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
dtnyc,
Good to know about the pools. Hope they''re pretty shallow. I can''t swim.

DF,
We were actually disappointed by the Maui pool. Hualalai''s are better.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 10:49:08 PM
Author: lienTN
You naughty girl! I''d love to see yr entire jewellery collection
30.gif
one day (hint hint!! he he..).

The same exact one you posted abt.

If you are staying in a water bungalow, you''ve got yr own private ''pool'' - the ocean! right there on yr (back) doorstep.
What collection?!
I can''t swim!!

Btw, sorry to disappoint you, but I''m neither tall nor slender.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 10:45:50 PM
Author: diamondfan
did they hose down the hot sand for you and bring you Evian mists and cold towels? In Maui they did and I loved it.

Yup! It''s their standard- they do it in Vegas too!

Harriet the pools were shallow- no real deep end and they had floaty noodles!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The one you''ve been posting abt/ yr wish-list which is increasingly being filled up.
2.gif

I am tiny and not-so-slim, and I''ll bet I am shorter than you are. Everyone is taller than I am.
8.gif

You sound like a wonderful person, with yr head firmly screwed on too
1.gif
(not sure I get that expression right, but you know what I mean).
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 11:00:28 PM
Author: lienTN
The one you''ve been posting abt/ yr wish-list which is increasingly being filled up.
2.gif

I am tiny and not-so-slim, and I''ll bet I am shorter than you are. Everyone is taller than I am.
8.gif

You sound like a wonderful person, with yr head firmly screwed on too
1.gif
(not sure I get that expression right, but you know what I mean).
1.gif
I''m 1.68. Am I shorter?
How kind of you (though some may differ)! I''m looking forward to meeting you.
35.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s very talll in my books. I knew it!!
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom doesn''t even reach 5 feet.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am only 5'2"!
6.gif
. Hubby is 6'4" and plays rugby and lifs weights! Extra
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
. All his family is abt that height. One of his nieces is almost 6 foot tall and she is only 13. Some of his nieces look like supermodels, long-legged, beautiful and most of all blonds! AND brainy, very!! I hate having photos taken with his family!
8.gif
. Only kidding, I love them, really, particulary his Mom. She is the best, only second to mine.
1.gif

I used to really hate being small (actually , I am not really that small by Vietnamese standard, we tend to be tiny, petite and cute - one might say, he he! ), but at 41 I've learnt to accept it, although I still think clothes look so much better on taller people. Most important is that my DH loves me, unconditionally! He loves that I am small so he can feel more protective
1.gif

I've noticed that Singaporean girls, on the whole, are taller than HK girls, why do you think that is?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, you''re not that much shorter than I. I''ve never noticed a height discrepancy between HK and Singapore girls.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ILs are less than enthusiastic about Paris. They are concerned that some of the family won''t show.
8.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet, no offense, but may I ask how that matters? At any event, not all people will be able, for a variety of reasons, to attend. The ones who matter will do their utmost to be there, and it will be lovely I am sure. You cannot expect nor are you likely to get 100 percent attendance, no matter where you have it. So, do it where you want. Aren''t you doing something in NY AND Singapore as well? WIth three locales, I am sure you will be able to accomodate most people with one of the three...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF,
No offence at all. The other half and I have discussed it, and have decided that we''ll do what we want.
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
P.S. The distance would be a deterrent to people we should, but don''t really want, to invite.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
there is always a silver lining!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
For non-IL reasons, we might have a reception in NY afterall. That means that people we don't want to, but should, invite will be there. Ah, family.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
...so you''re saying you now need a dress for NY huh? HAPPY TO HEAR IT!
31.gif

Wow, it''s fun spending other people''s money...
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''re a naughty one!
2.gif
I''ll also need a restaurant. Per Se has a stunning private room, but I''m not feeding non-gourmets there.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
OPM is lots of fun!

Get used to family politics...the never ending drama!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
What's OPM?
Oh, am I ever used to family politics.

Separate question:
My parents will be paying for the Singapore reception. How do we delicately suggest to the ILs that they contribute to the NY reception? Afterall, there will be no rehearsal dinner, and the guest list will be mostly from their side of the family. It's less about money, than fairness. The ILs have a history of being, er, thrifty.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Other people''s money!!!!!

Just go with the flow...family crap always emerges during times like this!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you encounter any?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results