shape
carat
color
clarity

We're engaged! (Our Engagement Story)

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
Hello lovely PS'ers. I have a slew of pics to post. I think they'll do a great job of telling the story.....

surprise3.jpg

surprise8a.jpg

surprise8.jpg

surprise6.jpg

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
Our Engagement Story cont'd

The story continues....

surprise9.jpg

surprise10.jpg

surprise11.jpg

surprise12.jpg

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
The story continues....

More pics that chronicle our engagement story....

surprise13.jpg

surprise13b.jpg

after_engagement.jpg

e-ring_collage.jpg

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
Fiance's Engagement present

My lovely sister was involved in all of the planning activities.
I knew that my fiance' had communicated with my her, so I took all of his engagement presents directly to her. The plan was for her to deliver them the day after we got engaged....whenever that might be. :Up_to_something:
Well, my fiance' had made hotel reservations for us, and instructed my sister to decorate the room with roses. While she was there, she was also able to actually deliver his gifts as well; so they were there when we made it to the room. :appl: My fiance' was soooo shocked! :o

surprise16.jpg

surprise17.jpg

watch_box.jpg

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful engagement story. The two of you look so happy together. I wish you all the best in your future life together. Congratulations! Your ring is incredibly beautiful and I hope you post about a million more photos. :appl: :appl: :appl:

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Good gracious, how romantic!!! What remarkable planning. Love, love, love this! You look beautiful and both of you are just beaming! Congratulations :appl:

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
My surprise!

There was also an additional surprise there for me as well.... :appl:

surprise14.jpg

surprise15.jpg

gucci_complete_set.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great proposal and surprise story!! You are a beautiful couple.
You have a stunning engagement ring!
It's beautiful on your hand too. Enjoy and wear in good health.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats lady!!!! What a beautiful story, and the ring looks gorgeous *and HUGE!* on you!!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:appl: So wonderful, congratulations! You guys are a beautiful couple.

Now... hand shots please, a whole ton of 'em! :naughty:

Glad I waited to post (didn't want to interrupt, though I'm hoping that you're in the process of posting more pics even now). What a sweet and wonderful idea to give your FI presents as well! I love the starter watch collection, that's about the coolest thing ever!!!

And another gift for you! You guys are going to have a lifetime of wonderful gift-giving together. Cheers to that!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly that "starter" watch collection?? That is phenomenal!! I love that you got him such wonderful gifts as well for your engagement. Happy times and presents all around! :)

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Awwww just fabulous--- What a beautiful couple!! The ring is just perfect and loving all the other goodies !!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
OH MY WORD!!!! That is incredibly sweet and that ring is PERFECT!!! Looks soooooo good on you too!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing proposal!!! And a stunning ring, you will have to post the stats and more handshots when you get the chance... Congrats!!!!

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
The ring....

Yaaay! I'm so freaking ecstatic! My fiance' and I got engaged on this past Saturday, Oct 5, 2013!
Although I wasn't feeling well, I have to say that I had the most amazing time of my life! He really outdid himself!!

Here are additional pics of the ring that I've taken.....(bare with me)..... :bigsmile:

hand_on_bed_10-6-13.jpg

hand_on_bed2_10-6-13.jpg

hotel_rm_shot_10-6-13.jpg

hotel_rm_shot2_10-6-13.jpg

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just beautiful and so BIG! Looks perfect on you!

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
Pics of ring in box....

These are pics I took on the morning after the engagement. I'm obsessed with this little beauty! :love:

ring_in_box_10-6-13.jpg

ring_in_box_side_view_10-6-13.jpg

ring_in_box2_10-6-13.jpg

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
Scorpio Love

The engraving inside is "Scorpio Love". The 2 O's in the word "Scorpio" are represented by 2 yellow diamonds.
My fiance' and I are both born in Nov (yellow citrine birthstones), and decided to use 2 yellow diamonds to represent our birthstone color.

I'll have to work on getting a better shot of this, but for now, this is what I have. :))

inside_ring2_10-6-13.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, quite a story and quite a rock! Congratulations! Have you set the date?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ScorpioLove, Congratulations!!!
Your ring is g :love: rge :love: us and I love how romantic your engagement was. You guys make a beautiful couple!!! Thank you for sharing this with us. :appl:

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
missy said:
ScorpioLove, Congratulations!!!
Your ring is g :love: rge :love: us and I love how romantic your engagement was. You guys make a beautiful couple!!! Thank you for sharing this with us. :appl:

Thanks Missy!

minousbijoux said:
Wow, quite a story and quite a rock! Congratulations! Have you set the date?
Thanks Minousbijoux. Yes, 12-13-14. This is the last date that a sequential date will happen. That should be easy for us to remember! :D

GemFever said:
Just beautiful and so BIG! Looks perfect on you!
Thanks GemFever. Of course we know how DSS can set in. So my sis took these comparison photos for me. She has a princess-cut stone; not sure of the size, but my guess is that it's closer to .50 carat or so.
So, whenever DSS kicks in, I can always refer back to these pics for a quick reality check.

mel_comparison_shot.jpg

mel_comparison_shot2.jpg

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
Farleysmom said:
What a wonderful engagement story. The two of you look so happy together. I wish you all the best in your future life together. Congratulations! Your ring is incredibly beautiful and I hope you post about a million more photos. :appl: :appl: :appl:
Hi Farleysmom! I apologize for the delay. I was so anxious to get the pics posted, and the darn things were uploading soooo freaking slow. They're all up now. Don't worry; I will be taking more and posting them over the course of the next week or so. :bigsmile:

luvmysparklies said:
Good gracious, how romantic!!! What remarkable planning. Love, love, love this! You look beautiful and both of you are just beaming! Congratulations :appl:
Luvmysparklies, he is, indeed, my "real-life Prince Charming". I've said this since the moment that we first met.
Oh and one more thing that I left out....when I went to get my bi-weekly mani & pedi on last Friday, I found out that my huney had already been in there and paid for it. It was such a wonderful surprise! He's so very thoughtful!

Acinom said:
Great proposal and surprise story!! You are a beautiful couple.
You have a stunning engagement ring!
It's beautiful on your hand too. Enjoy and wear in good health.
Thank you for such a nice comment Acinom. I adore this ring!

pandabee said:
Congrats lady!!!! What a beautiful story, and the ring looks gorgeous *and HUGE!* on you!!
Hopefully DSS doesn't set in anytime soon Pandabee or my Fi is likely to have a stroke! :lol:

GemFever said:
:appl: So wonderful, congratulations! You guys are a beautiful couple.

Now... hand shots please, a whole ton of 'em! :naughty:

Glad I waited to post (didn't want to interrupt, though I'm hoping that you're in the process of posting more pics even now). What a sweet and wonderful idea to give your FI presents as well! I love the starter watch collection, that's about the coolest thing ever!!!

And another gift for you! You guys are going to have a lifetime of wonderful gift-giving together. Cheers to that!
Amen GemFever! A girl can never tire of gifts!!

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
pandabee said:
Holy moly that "starter" watch collection?? That is phenomenal!! I love that you got him such wonderful gifts as well for your engagement. Happy times and presents all around! :)

SandyCheeks said:
Awwww just fabulous--- What a beautiful couple!! The ring is just perfect and loving all the other goodies !!

lorrissey said:
OH MY WORD!!!! That is incredibly sweet and that ring is PERFECT!!! Looks soooooo good on you too!
Lorrissey & Sandy Cheeks, thanks alot. You ladies are far too kind.

Pandabee, I am so happy that he liked his "starter" collection. I couldn't afford more than one "big name" luxury watch, so he got an Omega Speedmaster + 9 other watches to start his collection. That way, we both got a little "bling" (jewelry).

arkieb1 said:
What an amazing proposal!!! And a stunning ring, you will have to post the stats and more handshots when you get the chance... Congrats!!!!
Hi Arkieb1. Thanks for the compliment. The center stone is 3.01 carat K-SI2 on a size 5.5.

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! A beautiful proposal, a stunning ring, and wonderful thoughtfulness for each other in the exchange of gifts afterwards. Sounds like the perfect romantic trifecta! Congratulations to you both!!!

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
kmarla said:
Wow!!! A beautiful proposal, a stunning ring, and wonderful thoughtfulness for each other in the exchange of gifts afterwards. Sounds like the perfect romantic trifecta! Congratulations to you both!!!

Thanks Kmarla. He really outdid himself....well-orchestrated, well-thoughtout, romantic, and the list goes on & on.
For me, seeing his face light up when he opened his gifts was priceless. That was one of the biggest highlights of the evening for me!

gemtastic

Shiny_Rock
That is a ROCK!! Congrats! What a super romantic proposal. LOVE the finger coverage :lickout: I wouldn't worry about DSS....

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW, gorgeous and HUGE ring! Plus a romantic proposal to boot. Congratulations!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is fabulous! How great to have everything work out so perfectly! And you two are a gorgeous couple. Thank you for sharing your wonderful day.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful story, beautiful ring and beautiful presents! You guys did it up right!

Congrats and best wishes for many, many happy years together!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results