shape
carat
color
clarity

THE ONE......3.01 K-SI2

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone. :wavey: After spending so much time lurking on the forums and drooling over everyone else's beautiful jewels, I've finally decided to share my recent experience as well. Like many others, I have to attest to the OUTSTANDING customer service that I received from Yuki at IDJ. (Luann has also been very helpful & patient as well; promptly responding to all 4,209 of my emails :lol: )

Through IDJ, my BF and I have been able to locate THE ONE....YES, OUR PERFECT STONE!!!
GIA# 2146512577
K-SI2
Med Blue Fluorescence
Measurements: 9.34 - 9.38 - 5.69
Table: 57%
Depth: 60.8%
Crown: 32.5 degrees
Pavilion: 41.2 degrees

The SI2 is the result of 2 crystals in the center of the table. The inclusions aren't black, so my inexperienced eyes consider the diamond to be "eye clean". :lickout:

To all of the pros that are far more versed than I, please take it easy on a girl...and don't burst my bubble. Please, oh, please, just let me have my moment. :halo:

topview.jpeg

side_view.jpeg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it! The color almost has a pink tinge to it too. Congrats on your rock. Now . . . how will you set it?? ;-)

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, 4000+ emails--that must be a PS record! Your diamond looks very pretty!

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
mom2boys|1367974379|3442388 said:
Wow, 4000+ emails--that must be a PS record! Your diamond looks very pretty!

Hi mom2boys! Ok, ok...maybe I exaggerated a bit! LOL. Maybe it was only a little over 400 or so...kidding, kidding.

I'm sure that I was quite the problem child though.

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
athenaworth|1367973992|3442382 said:
I love it! The color almost has a pink tinge to it too. Congrats on your rock. Now . . . how will you set it?? ;-)

Thanks Athenaworth. I'm actually getting a modified version of Mark Morrell's Extreme Petite Torchiere.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, very exciting!!! :appl: What is an extreme petite Torchiere??? I love the petite one!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
YUMMMMYYYY!!!! Can I ask how much it was? Just because I'd love a 3ct and would consider a gorgeous K SI2 and also have been considering IDJ for the stone. I've bought some smaller diamonds from them before but think about an upgrade later this year or next.

**Nevermind :halo: Just saw prices.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
It's got some really pretty colors coming from it! Can't wait to see it set!

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Congratulations on your rock!!! I agree...it does almost have a pink tint to it....maybe just the lighting though. What is the extreme petite torchere? I have only heard of pt too!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1367975939|3442399 said:
Wow, very exciting!!! :appl: What is an extreme petite Torchiere??? I love the petite one!

Shortee78 has the Extreme Petite Torchiere. It can be seen here.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-mark-morrell-extreme-petite-torchiere-is-here.172101/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-mark-morrell-extreme-petite-torchiere-is-here.172101/[/URL]

There is also a youtube video that GOG posted I beleive (not sure if I'm allowed to post a link to it). If you google "Mark Morrell Petite Torchiere", one of the videos in the search results will be for a 3 min video that has a 2 carat E-SI1 set in a modified version of the Petite Torchiere. That modified version is the Extreme Petite Torchiere.

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
valmanin|1367977107|3442412 said:
What is the extreme petite torchere? I have only heard of pt too!

MWM explained the differences to me like this:
The major difference in the “Extreme” Petite Torchiere is the placement of the crown diamonds in the lower windows of the crown. The crown, itself is less “bowl” shaped and more like a funnel with straighter line prongs rather than the softer look of the usual, slightly bowed prong body.

Sooooo, my goal is to create the "elongated" look of the EPT, but keep the melee in the upper windows.

Attached is a pic of Shortee78's EPT.
Additional pics are here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-mark-morrell-extreme-petite-torchiere-is-here.172101/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-mark-morrell-extreme-petite-torchiere-is-here.172101/[/URL]

_6152.jpg

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
bastetcat|1367976989|3442409 said:

It is really a beautiful diamond! It has alot of character, and you're right, the flashes of color are absolutely amazing!
I tried to upload a video of it to PS, but the file extension is .MOV, so it wasn't an acceptable file. DARNIT! I'm so sorry I couldn't share with you all. ;( I will have to play around with it and see if I can figure out a way to change the file format or something.

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
ScorpioLove|1367993837|3442542 said:
bastetcat|1367976989|3442409 said:

It is really a beautiful diamond! It has alot of character, and you're right, the flashes of color are absolutely amazing!
I tried to upload a video of it to PS, but the file extension is .MOV, so it wasn't an acceptable file. DARNIT! I'm so sorry I couldn't share with you all. ;( I will have to play around with it and see if I can figure out a way to change the file format or something.

I thought there was a way, but can't remember. Maybe someone will chime in on if it's possible to upload a video somehow.

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
Triple X

Cut, Polish, & Symmetry: Excellent
HCA: 1.8

I forgot to attach these pics last night.

_6185.jpg

_6186.jpg

_6187.jpg

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
WTH?

I have to admit that my BF and I freaked out when we first saw the arrows shot. In fact, this is what I sent back to IDJ.
Yuki's reply: "That's the reflection of the inclusion that is on the table"

BF & I: :confused:

So, I came back to PS for more research. :read: WHEW! Thanks to Gary and the knowledgeable PS'ers for this insightful discussion!
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/h-a-clarity-clarification.179467/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/h-a-clarity-clarification.179467/[/URL]

_6188.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Re: WTH?

ScorpioLove|1368066906|3443194 said:
I have to admit that my BF and I freaked out when we first saw the arrows shot. In fact, this is what I sent back to IDJ.
Yuki's reply: "That's the reflection of the inclusion that is on the table"

BF & I: :confused:

So, I came back to PS for more research. :read: WHEW! Thanks to Gary and the knowledgeable PS'ers for this insightful discussion!
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/h-a-clarity-clarification.179467/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/h-a-clarity-clarification.179467/[/URL]

Yup, Yuki's right. It's a reflection of a crystal...I really wouldn't worry about it!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! It's so huge and gorgeous! Please post pictures of it when it's set!! :love: :love: :love:

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
04diamond<3 said:
Yup, Yuki's right. It's a reflection of a crystal...I really wouldn't worry about it!!

Naaah, no worries now. It performs well. I think we made a great choice.

DandiAndi said:
WOW! It's so huge and gorgeous! Please post pictures of it when it's set!! :love: :love: :love:

Thanks Dandi. You know I most certainly will. ;))

BeachGirlG

Shiny_Rock
That is beautiful!!! :love:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hooray! 3.01cts of sheer sparkly heaven, how wonderful! It will look fabulous in the MM setting you picked. Congrats!

Venti25

Shiny_Rock
Sweet! Post the video when you can :D

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous!! You (and Yuki) did a great job picking a stone and the setting you've chosen is amazing! It's going to be a gorgeous ring!

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
yennyfire said:
It is gorgeous!! You (and Yuki) did a great job picking a stone and the setting you've chosen is amazing! It's going to be a gorgeous ring!
Thanks Yenny! We are super excited! Originally, we'd selected a 3.03 M-SI1 w/ SB fluorescence to "represent" us since both of our names begin with the letter M. We thought that was a pretty neat idea and it was on the very low end of our budget.
Maybe 2 days later, I saw the K-SI2. I ran the #'s on it and saw that it scored better (HCA) that the M, but for whatever reason, I continued to hold onto the "M" idea....silly, I know. That night, I finally went ahead and emailed Yuki about the K-SI2 . Of course, he responded back almost immediately and said that he would check on it for me the next day.
The next day, he called me. We chit-chatted about his new baby boy (YES, born the previous night & YES, Yuki was back at work :-o ). Then, we got down to business....the K-SI2. Right away, he told me that although he'd love to get the additional money from me, he’d have to inspect the K and let me know if it’s even worth the additional investment since the inclusions were in the center of the table. Within 10 minutes, he had the K-SI2 in front of him and called me back with good news. "Hands down", he said, "I'd get the K over the M!"
And there ya' have it. The rest is history!

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
The video

:appl: Ah hah, I figured out how to get a video uploaded. I'm sorry that it is so short. My BF is going to check with MM to see if he minds making us a longer video so we can enjoy the diamond during the interim.

Translation: My BF is going to check with MM to see if he minds making a longer video so I can gaze at and drool over the diamond over and over and over again during the interim.

Meanwhile, this should hold us over for a little while. :D

http://youtu.be/1N4fPRvXz0I

ScorpioLove

Shiny_Rock
Venti25 said:
Sweet! Post the video when you can :D
Yaaay! I finally figured out how to do it! See my above post Venti. ;))

hearts-arrows_girl said:
Hooray! 3.01cts of sheer sparkly heaven, how wonderful! It will look fabulous in the MM setting you picked. Congrats!
Thanks H&A girl! Your set is lovely as well. The AGS has mad sparkle!

BeachGirlG said:
That is beautiful!!! :love:
Awww, thanks BeachGirl. :praise:

Laila619 said:
Beautiful!!
Too sweet Laila619. Thanks hun! :))

04diamond<3 said:
I'd love a 3ct and would consider a gorgeous K SI2 and also have been considering IDJ for the stone.
SI2's are such moneysavers. It's a good thing that we have reputable and honest PS vendors to work with to help us locate such beauties. I def think you should give Yuki a call. :$$):

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results