shape
carat
color
clarity

Well Phooey!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1305901577|2926519 said:
The Stuller really does look great, Dreamer! Would you consider the 14k at all, or no because it won't match your band?

It won't match my half eternity. I am not sure, in reality, how much that even matters... So I will be considering the 14k if I go with the Stuller to keep it affordable.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bella_mezzo|1305906182|2926583 said:
DD the Stuller looks great if your local jeweler does work you like and can give you a good price. The WF that FLSteph posted is also gorgeous and the lines seem to be more fluid (it sounds like they might be similar in price in which case, my preference would be the WF setting).

Honsestly though, now that it looks like any of the settings are going to crest the $1000 mark, I would probably do the three stone "butterflies" setting (the one kind of like yssie's) because it seems to encompass alot of the design elements you want, is relatively affordable, and would be a right now setting that you would probably enjoy for several years to come (or maybe forever)...just my 2 cents. :cheeky:

I love the look of the Butterflies setting, but without seeing a 6-prong crown-like basket diamond like my keystone I just can't be sure!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1305861114|2926261 said:
lizzyann01|1305849866|2926114 said:
eh, that sucks Dreamer. Do you think you could try another jeweler and see if they can get you the Stuller for a better price? and with the refund policy in tact?

Hmmmm... maaaaybe. There is actually one other place I can try, now that you mention it! I will try to talk to them tomorrow and see what their price would be, now that I know the stock number of the Stuller mount I am interested in. They have an in-house bench, too, which is much better than the company I had been dealing with, and I know this second jeweler can order Stuller because we looked at the book when I was there. Thanks for the suggestion!

Total bust. They wanted $1100 for 14k gold :rolleyes: including $530 in "labour" to set the stones and size the ring. Outrageous.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
:( sorry to hear that...

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
:( How much are the setting fees at WF? When I looked at them for my five stone a year ago it was a number that mattered to me (but I think that's b/c it was X 5)...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will only pay a fee for my non-WF stone, which is only $75.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you talked to WF or another PS vendor about getting the Stuller setting for you? I know WF got the Stuller bezel set eternity band setting for a PSer several years ago and then added it to their catalog. It could be cheaper with an internet vendor.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Nice! Well, then you know my vote...I would do the butterflies setting or the W-prong (with my preference being the butterflies :bigsmile: )

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1305938290|2926968 said:
Have you talked to WF or another PS vendor about getting the Stuller setting for you? I know WF got the Stuller bezel set eternity band setting for a PSer several years ago and then added it to their catalog. It could be cheaper with an internet vendor.

I will ask. I would still have to ship to the US, though, which is not my preference... but worth asking!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results