shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You already know I’m thrilled you’re all getting the vaccine!!
I heard those younger have a more robust response to the vaccine because of their immune system and the older you are the less severe side effects. Idk if this is true. It’s just what I’ve heard and read.

@missy That’s what I thought until it kicked my older friend’s butt.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Subgroup analysis by age is done on the vaccines. I’m too lazy to look up the Moderna data, but for the Pfizer vaccine, analysis was done to compare 16-55 year olds to 55+ age group. Efficacy was 95.6% in younger group vs 93.7% in older group. Breaking it down further into 65-74 and 75+, efficacy was >93%.

@m-cubed Im 67 and my husband is 68.5. We will get the Moderna. If you hear anything about the efficacy for us I would really appreciate it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok so good news. My sister was able to get my parents a vaccine appointment. At a pretty difficult place to get to but my brother in law is going to take them so woohoo!!! Fingers crossed that they actually can get the vaccine and that their side effects are minimal. So happy they’re scheduled for their first dose of Moderna.

Good luck to everyone.

Yay!!!! I’m so happy @missy!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
thank you! Looks like it's just slightly less effective in the older age group, but still very effective

I’m now worried about the variants..Will this end? :wall:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m now worried about the variants..Will this end? :wall:

Moderna vaccine might get a third booster for the variants from what I’m reading. Pfizer is probably protected sufficiently. I guess we’ll see as time goes on.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I would report about my 97 year old Mom and her second dose of the Pfizer vaccine as I know some others may be wondering about the vaccine and their elderly parents. She did really well. No fever the day after, just a slight upset stomach, very dry mouth and eyes, a headache, and of course a sore arm. She got the vaccine this past Tuesday. She is not in a nursing home, but lives in a house by herself. Both my sister and I have houses a few doors down from her as she doesn't drive now, but she's a very "young" and alert 97 if that makes sense. Most people are shocked when they hear her age as she could easily pass for someone in their late 70s. I will report if she has any delayed reactions.

Thats so great to hear, I'm glad your mom got it and is doing well!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Moderna vaccine might get a third booster for the variants from what I’m reading. Pfizer is probably protected sufficiently. I guess we’ll see as time goes on.

I read that but by the time everyone gets their vaccine and gets back to the ones that had two....who knows when that will be..
I’m so happy your mom and dad are getting their vaccines!!! When will they get them?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. Well today was my second moderna vaccine. I was told that side effects were common, so I’m just waiting.....
It’s only been a few hours.
I’ll kyp of any, reactions.=)2

How are you feeling this morning @bab23r?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read that but by the time everyone gets their vaccine and gets back to the ones that had two....who knows when that will be..
I’m so happy your mom and dad are getting their vaccines!!! When will they get them?

Thanks Joanne! Sunday 430pm. Fingers crossed because snow is predicted that day.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Joanne! Sunday 430pm. Fingers crossed because snow is predicted that day.

Fingers and toes crossed! Did your sister get an appointment?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fingers and toes crossed! Did your sister get an appointment?

Believe it or not she’s still not eligible. Despite going into work daily and seeing patients and having severe asthma. Nope. NY not eligible yet. :/

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Believe it or not she’s still not eligible. Despite going into work daily and seeing patients and having severe asthma. Nope. NY not eligible yet. :/

That’s crazy!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
How are you feeling this morning @bab23r?

Hi. Well, last night my husband and I kept tossing and turning. I don’t know why, except my arm was hurting.
This am, we are both tired. I had to go get a covid test for work, and then a Starbucks to hopefully wake me up.
I’m just tired, so I would recommend allowing for down time after the second vaccine. No fever, chills, sweats, so I am happy!:appl:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi. Well, last night my husband and I kept tossing and turning. I don’t know why, except my arm was hurting.
This am, we are both tired. I had to go get a covid test for work, and then a Starbucks to hopefully wake me up.
I’m just tired, so I would recommend allowing for down time after the second vaccine. No fever, chills, sweats, so I am happy!:appl:

I’m happy you’re not having a bad reaction other than your sore arm and tiredness ..Are you a youngin @babs23f? :lol:

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I had the Moderna vaccine in early January. I have my second shot tomorrow afternoon. @MamaBee - I had a sore arm after the first shot. But, it was not too bad and I didn’t need any tylenol or the like. In fact, if I kept my arm still, it didn’t bother me, but I kept moving it above my head to see if it was sore. :roll: I did not have any other side effects from the first shot. I’ll report back tomorrow after my second shot. I have to admit, the second shot makes me nervous.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had the Moderna vaccine in early January. I have my second shot tomorrow afternoon. @MamaBee - I had a sore arm after the first shot. But, it was not too bad and I didn’t need any tylenol or the like. In fact, if I kept my arm still, it didn’t bother me, but I kept moving it above my head to see if it was sore. :roll: I did not have any other side effects from the first shot. I’ll report back tomorrow after my second shot. I have to admit, the second shot makes me nervous.

Thank you @NicoleNeedsHelp..I hope you don't have any reactions.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
From what i saw on the news last night we won't be getting a choice of vacine, it will just be what's available

But the govt has said first up is all boarder workers and then residents of all rest homes in the country and their staff (and presumably house holds of the staff ?)

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My BIL is late 60’s and has just had Moderna vaccine (in NC).

I’ve volunteered to be a vaccinator here, OMG to the amount of online learning needed (and I wield needles and syringes in my daily work so WTH). Anyway, next week, it’s on!

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
thank you! Looks like it's just slightly less effective in the older age group, but still very effective

Yes, and keep in mind the top-line number reported is efficacy against lab-confirmed COVID, whether mild, moderate or severe. Even when the vaccine does not prevent cases, it is likely to make it much less severe. If you get the sniffles instead of going on a ventilator, it’s still done its job.

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
@m-cubed Im 67 and my husband is 68.5. We will get the Moderna. If you hear anything about the efficacy for us I would really appreciate it.

According to FDA analysis of Moderna data used for the EUA, efficacy for 65+ was 100%. Better than the younger group, which was just over 93%. Keep in mind the 65+ age group was smaller (~3500 each in vaccine and in placebo group) versus about 10000 in each group in the younger age segment. Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were really effective at preventing COVID across essentially all the groups analyzed, whether age, sex, co-morbidity, race, etc. My opinion is honestly that we hit the jackpot with these. Great efficacy and safety profiles out of the gate.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
According to FDA analysis of Moderna data used for the EUA, efficacy for 65+ was 100%. Better than the younger group, which was just over 93%. Keep in mind the 65+ age group was smaller (~3500 each in vaccine and in placebo group) versus about 10000 in each group in the younger age segment. Both the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were really effective at preventing COVID across essentially all the groups analyzed, whether age, sex, co-morbidity, race, etc. My opinion is honestly that we hit the jackpot with these. Great efficacy and safety profiles out of the gate.

Thank you @m-cubed! XOXOXOXO

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So relieved my DH got the text from our GP today to make an appt for the jab. He’s booked for next Thursday.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Just booked DH’s second shot. About 5 weeks out when he is supposed to be 4 weeks but was 8 weeks before. The state is now going to schedule second appointments when you receive the first shot to avoid all the hassles people have had getting a timely second dose. Spent 3 hours online to get it but worth it! He got his shot Wednesday and his arm is much less sore today with less fatigue so all is good!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister got her first dose of Pfizer this afternoon! So happy for her!
She’s eligible because she does veterinary care at the schools. ❤️

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock

That is fantastic news!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMG! That’s wonderful @missy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results