shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just booked DH’s second shot. About 5 weeks out when he is supposed to be 4 weeks but was 8 weeks before. The state is now going to schedule second appointments when you receive the first shot to avoid all the hassles people have had getting a timely second dose. Spent 3 hours online to get it but worth it! He got his shot Wednesday and his arm is much less sore today with less fatigue so all is good!!!

Why didn't they schedule 2nd appoints at ths first appointment from the beginning ?
This pandemic seems to have had an effect on common sence?
Or is it just some govt dept where common sence is the least preferred option ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sister got her first dose of Pfizer this afternoon! So happy for her!
She’s eligible because she does veterinary care at the schools. ❤️

Isnt being a vet being an essential service worker ?

Im glad she got it Missy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why didn't they schedule 2nd appoints at ths first appointment from the beginning ?

Haha common sense isn’t common at all. Especially when it comes to our government!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My BIL is late 60’s and has just had Moderna vaccine (in NC).

I’ve volunteered to be a vaccinator here, OMG to the amount of online learning needed (and I wield needles and syringes in my daily work so WTH). Anyway, next week, it’s on!

Thank you Snowdrop
It is a huge task, vaccinating the population of the whole world
Everyone counts

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isnt being a vet being an essential service worker ?

Im glad she got it Missy

NY doesn’t have veterinarians on their list. But when the pandemic first started veterinarians were listed as essential and expected to go to work. And my sister didn’t miss a day of work. Anyway luckily for her because she does vet care for the school animals that put her on the list. Being in the school system.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
NY doesn’t have veterinarians on their list. But when the pandemic first started veterinarians were listed as essential and expected to go to work. And my sister didn’t miss a day of work. Anyway luckily for her because she does vet care for the school animals that put her on the list. Being in the school system.

Here vets being essential servive was one of the first things brought up as we went into lock down (almost a year ago now)
Because if farming is essential then so is veterinary care for the animals

This whole pandemic has been rule making on the fly

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh emm gee. Really? Oy.

Don't start me on the lead levels in a public water supply in a rural town thats part of Dunedin city
- 40 times higher than recommended safe - it was reported back by the testing agency in December but the email was never opened at the council end untill last week because someone was on holiday .....
It's was a particularly high level in the actual resovour
Now they have water trucks and free blood tests while they work out the problem
its a disgrace

In Wellington there is a sink hole in one of the major routes throgh town - the clay pipe dates from before 1910 - the ebb and flow of the tide has been wearing it away for years - they are doing a temporary fix that hopefully will last till July

what do they do with our rates ???? (property taxes)

If we survive covid, the lovcal council is doing its best to finish us all off :angryfire:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I’m more happy for her than I would be for me lol.

You’re next Joanne! ❤️

February 20! I hope the website doesn’t mess us up! I heard someone had an appointment. They drove an hour and they said no. I have tI drive 2.25 hours one way. :pray:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
February 20! I hope the website doesn’t mess us up! I heard someone had an appointment. They drove an hour and they said no. I have tI drive 2.25 hours one way. :pray:

FFS :angryfire:
Why don't they keep a few time slots back as contingency
Besides having someone have to drive an hour in a pandemic seems redicoulss
Its bad you have to drive 2.5 hours

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock

I totally agree. Have no idea why they didn’t do this in the beginning. It has created so much confusion and frustration for so many. Because we did not have a coordinated national approach the states are all doing something different, with some much better than others. I have family in several different states making it challenging to help each other.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally agree. Have no idea why they didn’t do this in the beginning. It has created so much confusion and frustration for so many. Because we did not have a coordinated national approach the states are all doing something different, with some much better than others. I have family in several different states making it challenging to help each other.

I only hope some other country (like mine) who doesn't have the vacine yet, is watching and learning from these mistakes

But with covid we all seem to just go around around all making the same mistakes someone else just made

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
I only hope some other country (like mine) who doesn't have the vacine yet, is watching and learning from these mistakes

But with covid we all seem to just go around around all making the same mistakes someone else just made

I hope it goes smoothly for you! Although it is a monumental task it would be so helpful for each country and state to learn from the best practices out there.

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
My elderly mom received her second dose this past week. The first shot, no after effects. The second shot, very, very sore arms, muscle aches and exhaustion she described as not tired enough to sleep, but so weak she couldn't keep her eyes open. She bounced back overnight.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My elderly mom received her second dose this past week. The first shot, no after effects. The second shot, very, very sore arms, muscle aches and exhaustion she described as not tired enough to sleep, but so weak she couldn't keep her eyes open. She bounced back overnight.

Wonderful update!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
My sister received her second shot of the Pfizer vaccine this past week. Very sore arm, but other than that and a low grade fever for a few hours the next day-she was fine!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was able to get my first Pfizer shot on Thursday. I feel so grateful and relieved. My mother was called in on a wait list for Thursday also at a pharmacy (Moderna) and I was able to get my MIL in on Wednesday at a local Walgreens (moderna also).

My children are relieved.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
I had my second shot of Moderna 24 hours ago. I am experiencing flu like side effects- I have a fever, nausea, body aches and headache. I am very weak and can’t walk very far at all. I am pretty darn miserable at the moment, but I still feel so fortunate to have the vaccine. I had the shot about noon yesterday and I was fine ( only sore arm) until today- I woke up with what feels like a combo of jet lag, the flu and like I ran a marathon yesterday. I had no side effects with the first shot

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
I had my second shot of Moderna 24 hours ago. I am experiencing flu like side effects- I have a fever, nausea, body aches and headache. I am very weak and can’t walk very far at all. I am pretty darn miserable at the moment, but I still feel so fortunate to have the vaccine. I had the shot about noon yesterday and I was fine ( only sore arm) until today- I woke up with what feels like a combo of jet lag, the flu and like I ran a marathon yesterday. I had no side effects with the first shot

Sorry to hear that. My friend had the same symptoms after her second Moderna shot on Wed. It lasted about a day. Hope you feel better soon.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Update: I had the second Moderna shot at noon yesterday. I was completely fine yesterday, except a sore arm, which increased throughout the day. Last night, I could not sleep well and tossed all nigh— arm very sore. This morning, woke up at 7 and felt like a truck hit me- Nausea, exhaustion, fever, inability to regulate body temperature (I was either way too cold or way too hot). Spent the day in bed. Now, it is almost 6 p.m. and I feel 100 percent better. I don’t think I’ve fully recovered, but I feel fine. It was a rough day, but I made it. :kiss2:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How long did it take to kick in because I have to drive myself 2 hours for Pfizer #2.

I hope you feel better soon! Yay for your immune system!

Edit: I jumped the gun and see you got it yesterday at noon and felt bad when you woke up this morning.

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
I wanted to correct an error I made in an earlier post. The Moderna vaccine showed 100% efficacy in adults >65 at an interim analysis point, but the final scheduled analysis showed 86% efficacy in that subgroup. In that age subgroup, were 4 cases of COVID in the vaccine group and 29 in the placebo group (~3500 people per group). Still excellent efficacy, but sorry to have provided wrong info.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
How long did it take to kick in because I have to drive myself 2 hours for Pfizer #2.

I hope you feel better soon! Yay for your immune system!

Edit: I jumped the gun and see you got it yesterday at noon and felt bad when you woke up this morning.
It was about 19 hours after the shot that I felt ill. Good luck. I’m so happy we have vaccines now. I would perhaps have a flexible schedule for the day after you get the shot- just in case. I’ll cross my fingers that you have no side effects!

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Update: I had the second Moderna shot at noon yesterday. I was completely fine yesterday, except a sore arm, which increased throughout the day. Last night, I could not sleep well and tossed all nigh— arm very sore. This morning, woke up at 7 and felt like a truck hit me- Nausea, exhaustion, fever, inability to regulate body temperature (I was either way too cold or way too hot). Spent the day in bed. Now, it is almost 6 p.m. and I feel 100 percent better. I don’t think I’ve fully recovered, but I feel fine. It was a rough day, but I made it. :kiss2:

I had the same experience with the Pfizer vaccine. No symptoms after the 1st does other than a slightly sore arm for 2 days.

I received the 2nd dose this past Wednesday morning. Wednesday evening (8-ish hours post-vaccine) I began to feel clammy and exhausted. That night I was up and down all night with a fever and cold sweats. Woke up on Thursday morning and felt like a truck hit me. Horrible flu-like exhaustion, joint pain, all-over body soreness, and a low-grade fever. Unfortunately, I had to drag myself to work (had a bunch of important meetings on Thursday that I couldn't back out of) but it took everything I had to get through the day. Went to bed completely exhausted at 8pm on Thursday night.

But when I woke up Friday (yesterday) morning my symptoms were 95% gone. Today I'm completely back to normal.

I would say my experience with the 2nd dose was akin to a brief (24-36 hour) but intense flu. Certainly better than getting COVID though, and I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to receive the vaccine fairly early on. :)

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to correct an error I made in an earlier post. The Moderna vaccine showed 100% efficacy in adults >65 at an interim analysis point, but the final scheduled analysis showed 86% efficacy in that subgroup. In that age subgroup, were 4 cases of COVID in the vaccine group and 29 in the placebo group (~3500 people per group). Still excellent efficacy, but sorry to have provided wrong info.

Well, that's certainly interesting. So maybe the immune system not being as robust does affect it after all. Wonder how severe the Covid cases were- hopefully the vaccine added some protection so that they were not severe cases

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
FFS :angryfire:
Why don't they keep a few time slots back as contingency
Besides having someone have to drive an hour in a pandemic seems redicoulss
Its bad you have to drive 2.5 hours

@Daisys and Diamonds Pennsylvania was not prepared and organized during the vaccine distribution. I can’t get it in my area so I started looking at an hour or more. I’m getting it in a small town that I’ve never been to before. I don’t mind the drive too much..It stinks I have to drive back the same day...I’m mainly worried about have to use the bathroom...Considering I had three children and the bladder of a gnat...It’s a little concerning..I don’t want to stop at rest rooms along the way..My friend jokingly told me to use Depends (diapers)...Ummmm no..:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds Pennsylvania was not prepared and organized during the vaccine distribution. I can’t get it in my area so I started looking at an hour or more. I’m getting it in a small town that I’ve never been to before. I don’t mind the drive too much..It stinks I have to drive back the same day...I’m mainly worried about have to use the bathroom...Considering I had three children and the bladder of a gnat...It’s a little concerning..I don’t want to stop at rest rooms along the way..My friend jokingly told me to use Depends (diapers)...Ummmm no..:lol:

My experience is this. Use a good mask that fits snugly. Wear two. Use the restroom quickly and wash your hands for at least twenty thirty seconds and dry them thoroughly... at no time touching your face or eyes. You’ll be safe using the restroom especially quickly. You might recall I used the public restroom throughout our cycling and it wasn’t a problem. Greg and I used public restrooms numerous times each day we were cycling for eight months during the pandemic. A good mask with good hygiene and quick use adds up to low risk.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results