shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
How long did it take to kick in because I have to drive myself 2 hours for Pfizer #2.

I hope you feel better soon! Yay for your immune system!

Edit: I jumped the gun and see you got it yesterday at noon and felt bad when you woke up this morning.

When is your second shot @whitewave? I also have to drive 2 1/4 hours for the first..and hopefully second shot.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My experience is this. Use a good mask that fits snugly. Wear two. Use the restroom quickly and wash your hands for at least twenty thirty seconds and dry them thoroughly... at no time touching your face or eyes. You’ll be safe using the restroom especially quickly. You might recall I used the public restroom throughout our cycling and it wasn’t a problem. Greg and I used public restrooms numerous times each day we were cycling for eight months during the pandemic. A good mask with good hygiene and quick use adds up to low risk.

Thanks @missy I’m worried about “the plume”..If it’s a busy bathroom there could also be viruses floating around...My husband would be taking David in the restroom too. He’s not so virus aware. He said he will take them to a secluded spot to do their guy thing. Me..I can’t do that! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy I’m worried about “the plume”..If it’s a busy bathroom there could also be viruses floating around...My husband would be taking David in the restroom too. He’s not so virus aware. He said he will take them to a secluded spot to do their guy thing. Me..I can’t do that! :lol:

I think you will be safe using it as I described above and the guys can do their thing in the woods since your DH can’t be as careful as you. But if you really don’t feel safe take a jar and use that. There are ways around using the public restroom if you really are concerned. Or you could even wear a Depends. Just saying. :)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom and stepdad got the first injection of the Moderna vaccine this week. They are 82 and 86 years old. They had no side affects at all. Their arms weren’t even sore at the injection site.

I hope you feel better quickly @NicoleNeedsHelp .

I’m so happy your mom and step-dad got their vaccines @Calliecake!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you will be safe using it as I described above and the guys can do their thing in the woods since your DH can’t be as careful as you. But if you really don’t feel safe take a jar and use that. There are ways around using the public restroom if you really are concerned. Or you could even wear a Depends. Just saying. :)

:lol: Thanks Missy! I can see a police officer come over and arrest us all doing it in the woods..:oops2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: Thanks Missy! I can see a police officer come over and arrest us all doing it in the woods..:oops2:

Well since prisoners seem to be getting preference for the vaccine perhaps that’s a way to go ;-)

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Here was my total vaccine experience in a nutshell:

First shot- no side effects except for a sore arm. The sore arm did not take away from my regular routine

Second shot- I was fine for the first 19-20 hours after the shot (I had the shot at noon and was fine the whole day (except sore arm) went to bed and woke up miserable). Then, I had flu like symptoms for about 10 hours and I was miserable. But, now I am 46 hours after the vaccine and I am 100% back to normal.

I did not take any kind of pain relief/fever reducer at all.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here was my total vaccine experience in a nutshell:

First shot- no side effects except for a sore arm. The sore arm did not take away from my regular routine

Second shot- I was fine for the first 19-20 hours after the shot (I had the shot at noon and was fine the whole day (except sore arm) went to bed and woke up miserable). Then, I had flu like symptoms for about 10 hours and I was miserable. But, now I am 46 hours after the vaccine and I am 100% back to normal.

I did not take any kind of pain relief/fever reducer at all.

Thank you @NicoleNeedsHelp! I’m happy you are done and feel good now.
If you don’t want to say how old you are..can you just say young, middle, or over 60. I think the younger you are your immune system fires up and that’s why people get such strong reactions. My friend is older than me..67...by about three years. She started feeling a little nausea that evening..and was up all night. The next full day she felt like she went a few rounds with Mike Tyson. It lasted a full day. She woke up on the third day completely normal. She also has Diabetes. I’m more concerned with my 35 year old son who has autism. I want to prepare him in case he gets a reaction. Thanks!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wasn’t able to get a closer appointment until March 4 (Thursday) which is 28 days. Both brands are good as long as you get the second dose within 6 weeks.

That’s still a good span. I hope they schedule ours the day we get ours. We’re getting ours at a Rite Aid.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My parents got vaccinated woohoo! With the Pfizer vaccine and their second dose is in three weeks. I am so relieved they were able to get vaccinated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s still a good span. I hope they schedule ours the day we get ours. We’re getting ours at a Rite Aid.

They should be...I believe the new protocol is schedule you for the second dose the day you receive your first dose. Hopefully that is true in your state as well.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance: Thank goodness @missy, I know how difficult it’s been to get them appointments, I’m so pleased for you all that they’ve had their first shot.

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
If you don’t want to say how old you are..can you just say young, middle, or over 60. I think the younger you are your
Immune system fires up and that’s why people get such strong reactions. My friend is older than me..67...by about three years. She started feeling a little nausea that evening..and was up all night. The next full day she felt like she went a few rounds with Mike Tyson. It lasted a full day. She woke up on the third day completely normal. She also has Diabetes. I’m more concerned with my 35 year old son who has autism. I want to prepare him in case he gets a reaction. Thanks!

I’m 47. I have a teenage son with autism. He is not eligible for any vaccine yet because he is under 18. I think it helps to know that the side effects are short. Everyone is different, but if I had to give any advice, I would say that the day after the second vaccine, plan to do nothing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance: Thank goodness @missy, I know how difficult it’s been to get them appointments, I’m so pleased for you all that they’ve had their first shot.

Thank you @Austina and hopefully you and your DH are next!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
My parents got vaccinated woohoo! With the Pfizer vaccine and their second dose is in three weeks. I am so relieved they were able to get vaccinated.

That is fantastic news!! You must be so relieved. Did they schedule the second dose at the appointment or did you have to go online to schedule?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is fantastic news!! You must be so relieved. Did they schedule the second dose at the appointment or did you have to go online to schedule?

Thank you @rcjtraveler! I am so relieved. It was a big weight I was feeling because I was so worried about them. Their second dose was scheduled at today's appointment and is for three weeks from today.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @rcjtraveler! I am so relieved. It was a big weight I was feeling because I was so worried about them. Their second dose was scheduled at today's appointment and is for three weeks from today.

That is great they are scheduling the second at the appointment. So much easier for people. Here’s hoping it won’t be too much longer for you and DH!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I’m so happy @missy!!! :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great they are scheduling the second at the appointment. So much easier for people. Here’s hoping it won’t be too much longer for you and DH!

Thank you. I will look into scheduling us now. We are both eligible.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so happy @missy!!! :appl:

Thank you! And I’m super excited you and your family are getting vaccinated in a couple of weeks! It can’t happen soon enough!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m 47. I have a teenage son with autism. He is not eligible for any vaccine yet because he is under 18. I think it helps to know that the side effects are short. Everyone is different, but if I had to give any advice, I would say that the day after the second vaccine, plan to do nothing.

Thank you @NicoleNeedsHelp!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you. I will look into scheduling us now. We are both eligible.

Yes!!! I hope it’s soon and you don’t have to wait!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My MIL got hers at Walgreens and it took about 2 days to be able to schedule the second dose.

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you don’t want to say how old you are..can you just say young, middle, or over 60. I think the younger you are your immune system fires up and that’s why people get such strong reactions. My friend is older than me..67...by about three years. She started feeling a little nausea that evening..and was up all night. The next full day she felt like she went a few rounds with Mike Tyson. It lasted a full day. She woke up on the third day completely normal. She also has Diabetes. I’m more concerned with my 35 year old son who has autism. I want to prepare him in case he gets a reaction. Thanks!

I'm 29 for reference. But I don't think there's any direct correlation between age and 2nd dose side effects. Just about everyone at my workplace has received the full two dose schedule of the Pfizer vaccine. Some young people had pretty bad flu-like symptoms like myself while some had none. Ditto with my old(er) colleagues: Some had flu-like symptoms like myself and some felt almost nothing. I think the worst out of our group was a guy in his late 40s. He felt so bad that he literally couldn't get out of bed for 3 days. But he was the only one out of our company of 20 people that had really severe side effects.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm 29 for reference. But I don't think there's any direct correlation between age and 2nd dose side effects. Just about everyone at my workplace has received the full two dose schedule of the Pfizer vaccine. Some young people had pretty bad flu-like symptoms like myself while some had none. Ditto with my old(er) colleagues: Some had flu-like symptoms like myself and some felt almost nothing. I think the worst out of our group was a guy in his late 40s. He felt so bad that he literally couldn't get out of bed for 3 days. But he was the only one out of our company of 20 people that had really severe side effects.

Thank you @TreeScientist..I hope my son
has mild reactions. I feel like we should at least have some reactions to show our immune systems are kicking in.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My MIL got hers at Walgreens and it took about 2 days to be able to schedule the second dose.

Did she get it through their website?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Did they get it at the Javits Center?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results