shape
carat
color
clarity

Well, I’ve had the vaccine, anyone else?

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone. Well today was my second moderna vaccine. I was told that side effects were common, so I’m just waiting.....
It’s only been a few hours.
I’ll kyp of any, reactions.=)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Well today was my second moderna vaccine. I was told that side effects were common, so I’m just waiting.....

Good luck @babs23r hoping any side effects you experience are minor.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
Yes, please let us know...I am going to get it as soon as I can, which may be a year from now. I am convinced I have had a mild form of it since Dec...it went away and then rebounded, just starting to feel human again. I had such a rotten cough, and I don't usually when I get sick. I isolated myself and didn't go to doctor as I wasn't that ill...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH got his first shot! Getting second appointment a problem within the recommended time frame. We are 7 weeks out. We were told to cancel and go in several times a day to
get something sooner as they are adding appointment times. There has to be a better way. Waited on the phone for almost 2 hours to speak with someone. I know they are doing the best they can but feel there needs to be a more coordinated process as many will give up long before they get a date.
At least thankful DH got shot number one!

Ugh that is annoying. I hope you can schedule it within the 28-31 day recommended time frame...good luck.
I agree it should be better coordinated and it is important to get that second dose in a timely fashion. Congrats on your DH getting his first dose though, that is something!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Yes, please let us know! And I hope your side effects are minimal. Hubby and I are scheduled for our second Moderna doses next week. I have heard that people under 55 years of age usually have more of a reaction than over 55. But that's supposed to be because older people's immune systems are not generally as good. So, I wonder if "older" people(yes, I am old!!) get less protection from the vaccine and if their immune systems don't create as many antibodies. Has anyone seen a study that breaks this down by age? My stepson and his wife are on a Pfizer study that checks antibody blood levels following the vaccine. Maybe Pfizer is checking this data, but I haven't seen anything.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, please let us know! And I hope your side effects are minimal. Hubby and I are scheduled for our second Moderna doses next week. I have heard that people under 55 years of age usually have more of a reaction than over 55. But that's supposed to be because older people's immune systems are not generally as good. So, I wonder if "older" people(yes, I am old!!) get less protection from the vaccine and if their immune systems don't create as many antibodies. Has anyone seen a study that breaks this down by age? My stepson and his wife are on a Pfizer study that checks antibody blood levels following the vaccine. Maybe Pfizer is checking this data, but I haven't seen anything.

Thank you, will let you know. Funny thing is that I’m scheduled for a covid test tomorrow morning for work!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy! Sore arm so far, but that is to be expected.

My friend Rob just got his second dose of Moderna at 4pm EST today. He immediately texted me his arm is hurting/very sore. For him to say that is a big deal.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh that is annoying. I hope you can schedule it within the 28-31 day recommended time frame...good luck.
I agree it should be better coordinated and it is important to get that second dose in a timely fashion. Congrats on your DH getting his first dose though, that is something!

Thank you. The state just released a statement saying it was uploading more time slots in the next few days and having trouble with the VAMS site. I will start going in daily tomorrow to get something sooner. I keep hoping this gets easier for the next phases so people who want the vaccine can get it more easily without having to jump through so many hoops. My heart breaks for those with no one to help them if they can’t navigate the system glitches themselves. I am recently retired from healthcare and am appalled at how hard we have made access to necessary care.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH got his first shot! Getting second appointment a problem within the recommended time frame. We are 7 weeks out. We were told to cancel and go in several times a day to
get something sooner as they are adding appointment times. There has to be a better way. Waited on the phone for almost 2 hours to speak with someone. I know they are doing the best they can but feel there needs to be a more coordinated process as many will give up long before they get a date.
At least thankful DH got shot number one!

That sounds super frustrating! I hope he is able to get a 2nd dose sooner than 7 weeks out, but happy for him that he got dose 1

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was able to get appointments for my husband, son, and myself for February 20. I’m 67..My husband is 69.5 years old. My son has some medical issues so he’s eligible besides having Autism and MR which doesn’t count. I’m very excited to get the vaccine. I am a little nervous but still can’t wait to get it.
My friend got her Moderna vaccine pretty early...The first shot just gave her a very sore arm. The second shot knocked her around pretty bad. I think she’s 68-69...She said she got the second one on Wednesday at lunch time..By dinner time she felt nauseous, had a headache and was very tired. She went to bed early but didn’t sleep all night..The next day she had headache, fever and chills...It lasted all day...Friday she woke up feeling completely normal..
My other friend is a social worker..She got her first Pfizer vaccine at some kind of special event. She has not been able to get her second shot. She’s so upset because the window is closing for her second shot. There aren’t many places that have the Pfizer. I feel so bad for her.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My friend Rob just got his second dose of Moderna at 4pm EST today. He immediately texted me his arm is hurting/very sore. For him to say that is a big deal.

@missy His arm is really sore a half hour later? I’m going to have to drive us home...It‘s over two hours..Ouch..I think you’re not supposed to take take a pain reliever before..specifically Ibuprofen...I think Tylenol is okay. Does anyone know?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy His arm is really sore a half hour later? I’m going to have to drive us home...It‘s over two hours..Ouch..I think you’re not supposed to take take a pain reliever before..specifically Ibuprofen...I think Tylenol is okay. Does anyone know?

I have been advised by members of the medical community that I trust that it is okay to take Tylenol after the vaccine but not before. No Ibuprofen because it may blunt the immune/inflammation response. Hope that helps.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have been advised by members of the medical community that I trust that it is okay to take Tylenol after the vaccine but not before. No Ibuprofen because it may blunt the immune/inflammation response. Hope that helps.

Thank you @Lisa Loves Shiny!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
It’s been 10 hours since receiving my second moderna vaccine, and so far I feel fine. Arm a little sore at the injection site. I’ll see what happens tomorrow and let all of you know, but so far, so good.....:wink2:
My husband also got his second vaccine today, and he feels fine too.

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock

Subgroup analysis by age is done on the vaccines. I’m too lazy to look up the Moderna data, but for the Pfizer vaccine, analysis was done to compare 16-55 year olds to 55+ age group. Efficacy was 95.6% in younger group vs 93.7% in older group. Breaking it down further into 65-74 and 75+, efficacy was >93%.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, please let us know...I am going to get it as soon as I can, which may be a year from now. I am convinced I have had a mild form of it since Dec...it went away and then rebounded, just starting to feel human again. I had such a rotten cough, and I don't usually when I get sick. I isolated myself and didn't go to doctor as I wasn't that ill...

I wonder how many possible cases are out there similar to you, not in official counts

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was able to get appointments for my husband, son, and myself for February 20. I’m 67..My husband is 69.5 years old. My son has some medical issues so he’s eligible besides having Autism and MR which doesn’t count. I’m very excited to get the vaccine. I am a little nervous but still can’t wait to get it.
My friend got her Moderna vaccine pretty early...The first shot just gave her a very sore arm. The second shot knocked her around pretty bad. I think she’s 68-69...She said she got the second one on Wednesday at lunch time..By dinner time she felt nauseous, had a headache and was very tired. She went to bed early but didn’t sleep all night..The next day she had headache, fever and chills...It lasted all day...Friday she woke up feeling completely normal..
My other friend is a social worker..She got her first Pfizer vaccine at some kind of special event. She has not been able to get her second shot. She’s so upset because the window is closing for her second shot. There aren’t many places that have the Pfizer. I feel so bad for her.

Geez hope your social worker freind gets the 2nd dose in time
It shouldn't be so hard :angryfire:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so good news. My sister was able to get my parents a vaccine appointment. At a pretty difficult place to get to but my brother in law is going to take them so woohoo!!! Fingers crossed that they actually can get the vaccine and that their side effects are minimal. So happy they’re scheduled for their first dose of Moderna.

Good luck to everyone.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

He said when I spoke with him he thinks she gave it in between the muscles. He said she missed exactly going into the muscle and it went between 2 muscles, because he felt this pop or separation when the fluid first went in. As afar as I know he’s feeling ok now. I’ll keep you posted.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You already know I’m thrilled you’re all getting the vaccine!!
I heard those younger have a more robust response to the vaccine because of their immune system and the older you are the less severe side effects. Idk if this is true. It’s just what I’ve heard and read.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok so good news. My sister was able to get my parents a vaccine appointment. At a pretty difficult place to get to but my brother in law is going to take them so woohoo!!! Fingers crossed that they actually can get the vaccine and that their side effects are minimal. So happy they’re scheduled for their first dose of Moderna.

Good luck to everyone.

Phew
best wishes Mom and Dad

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds super frustrating! I hope he is able to get a 2nd dose sooner than 7 weeks out, but happy for him that he got dose 1

Thanks. Will start going in today. Here’s hoping! His arm is sore and a little tired but ok other than that. Very fortunate to have his first dose done.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock

Good luck. Hoping no reactions or minor at the worst.

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock

Good luck to everyone.

That is fantastic news! Hoping all goes smoothly with minimal side effects for them. Mom is 90 and had Pfizer 1st dose with only a little fatigue. I have heard that some of the older people are experiencing less of a reaction. Best wishes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is fantastic news! Hoping all goes smoothly with minimal side effects for them. Mom is 90 and had Pfizer 1st dose with only a little fatigue. I have heard that some of the older people are experiencing less of a reaction. Best wishes.

Thank you! My dad is almost 87 and my mom has many autoimmune issues but hoping it goes well for them. I’m glad your mom is doing well. Fingers crossed for all of them.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Subgroup analysis by age is done on the vaccines. I’m too lazy to look up the Moderna data, but for the Pfizer vaccine, analysis was done to compare 16-55 year olds to 55+ age group. Efficacy was 95.6% in younger group vs 93.7% in older group. Breaking it down further into 65-74 and 75+, efficacy was >93%.

thank you! Looks like it's just slightly less effective in the older age group, but still very effective

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results