shape
carat
color
clarity

Welcome back Lorelei!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a very nice surprise to see you posting on Rocky Talky today!!! :appl: :wavey: How have you been? We have missed you!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wasn't that a nice surprise?? She's so missed, loved and respected. Methinks she's baaaaack.... We shall see.... :cheeky: :naughty:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I told her it's like riding a bike. Get back on and go!!!! :))

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*blush* You two are so lovely, thank you!

I have been great thanks, life has been good! We have had a few changes but all to the better and we are happy and thriving. Our animal family has grown tremendously, I no longer have The Famous Jethro, my crazy chicken, as she went to the great henhouse in the sky back in 2011, I miss her still :( and I know Auntie Coaties, Monnie and Skippers will miss her too. But the pet family comprises the horses, 19 cats :love: , mostly rescues, a few chickies and a family of hedgehogs. A lot of the rescue cats are ferals I have tamed and neutered, I seem to have a way of taming them and of course, being feral cats, they are better off staying in their own surroundings plus I get very attached to them, they are part of the family. We had a very fast increase in cat numbers back in 2012, I rescued a pregnant cat that was 4 days from giving birth, I took her in and she gave birth to 5 beautiful kittens. This was a wonderful experience as she wanted my help while she was labouring, all went well and she was a superb Mother. Of course, I couldn't bear to part with the kittens when they were older so they are staying with us and are now huge cats!

I was asked to take in a little feral cat back in December by a friend of mine who is a nurse at my vet's practice. She tried to tame this cat and had no luck, the little thing struck like a viper and she was quite scary. So I took her and she came around, now she is an absolute joy. I really had no expectations concerning this cat but she has done amazingly well.

Regarding the horses, as was mentioned earlier in the thread in RT, one of mine suffers from Equine Cushing's disease or PPID ( Pituitary Pars Intermediary Dysfunction) to give this rotten disease its proper name. A benign tumour on the pituitary gland sends cortisol flooding through the horse's system leading to all kinds of terrible consequences, especially the dread disease laminitis. Laminitis is excruciatingly painful for the horse or pony suffering from it, imagine having your toes bashed with a hammer, then your toenails being bent back causing pressure on the nail bed, then you have an idea of how awful this disease is and the pain these poor animals go through. Prevention with PPID sufferers is very difficult due to the cortisol levels causing problems in the feet, also another condition seen with PPID is Equine Metabolic Syndrome. EMS means you have to watch the diet of affected horses and ponies very carefully. They are pumping out insulin as they are so resistant to it, hence even low levels of sugar in the feed can cause further problems for them. There are treatments now thankfully, but one of the drugs in particular can cause nasty side effects and titrating the dose without overly upsetting the patient is also very difficult. Thankfully, I have a wonderful equine vet and we work as a team bouncing theories off each other and ideas for treatment and management. As new info is coming out all the time and more and more horses and ponies are being diagnosed, we all try hard to pool our knowledge and experience in order to try to save more lives and prevent the pain these diseases can cause. But it's not all bad, my pony has a great quality of life thanks to the readily available info I have access to and I am getting better and better at managing his care. If anyone else out there is battling these diseases please shout out and I will gladly share my experiences and help in anyway I can.

Apart from that, I am still always reading and trying to further my diamond knowledge and as ever, I still love them! I have had a few new acquisitions along the way - hehe! Most recent was from Jon at GOG, gorgeous pair of hoop earrings!

It's so nice to be back here and I have been so touched by the welcome I have received, so many of my old friends remembered me and were pleased to see me, that's truly priceless. There IS no other place like Pricescope and its community, I missed it but I didn't realize quite how much till I popped my head around the door.

Thank you 'Seekies for starting this thread and giving me the chance to catch up, I would love to get to know you all again and learn who's who nowadays, please drop in and say hi so I can get to know the community as it is now.

How are you doing DS? How's that gorgeous ring of yours and I hope you have lots of nice new sparkly goodies...!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei! It's so good to see you posting again! Thanks for the update. It sounds like you've been very busy!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Great to see you posting again! I was more a lurker back then, but I remember your friendly, informative posts. =)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like you keep incredibly busy with your wonderful menagerie of pets!

Things are mostly the same around here, so it will be very easy for you to just come right back in! You have definitely been missed!

My AVR was from last May, and about the only other things I have gotten in the last couple of years were 3 Beaudry rings from Pearlman's closeout and I put an asscher in one and colored stones in two. A few other little things here and there, but I am trying hard to buy fewer things but heirloom worthy. I have a 2 year old and one month old granddaughter now, so the heirlooms are on my mind!

Oh, and I think maybe you need to catch us up with your own Show Me the Bling thread!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lorelei, it is great to see you posting again! I was a new member back then (I actually still feel like one lol) and I remember your gracious and very helpful posts. I really hope you stay around!

And my goodness, what a fantastic menagerie you have - And here I am patting myself on the back for taking in a stray cat last year haha!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lorelei! So glad to "see" you around - I've missed your kind manner and extensive knowledge, and I hope you stay!

Your animal stories touched my heart, especially being a vet. It's so nice to know there are such dedicated owners out there - :bigsmile:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Welcome back!!!!!!!
It is funny I was talking to Sir John the other day and you were mentioned and I wondered how you were doing! You were strongly missed!!!!!!
Welcome back!!!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
stormy does a happy dance!!!!!!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Everyone points at stormy and laughs cuz he is a really bad dancer.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sky56|1400097237|3672840 said:
Great to see you posting again! I was more a lurker back then, but I remember your friendly, informative posts. =)

Me too! Welcome back! :appl: :wavey: So glad you've returned!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
This feels like we are all back and are having the fun we used to have.... And soooo looking foreward to getting to know the new members and just getting back to the happy place we had.... And Karl.... YOU can dance, sure of it!!!

Lorelie and I will celebrate 10 years soon...... We know what cake we are getting!!!

And like Deb says... DF If the member wants to share a slice with you, that's great.... :cheeky:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Hi there Lorelei!!!! :wavey: Sounds like you have a very busy and rewarding life, and it is great to see you!

Also, it is good to hear you still make time for a wee bit of bling! :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't want to assume that she's back full time, when she just dropped in to say hi (though it would be lovely if she were), but I am SO happy you are back Lorelei!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, Lorelei. It sounds like you've been very busy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now if you can get Skippy back... But I know she is busy with those precious boys!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:

Hey! We have the same 'join date'. :appl:

screen_shot_2014-05-14_at_3.png

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Just wonderful to see you back. I'm mostly a lurker these days but had to reappear to say hi. I'll never forget your kindness when I first joined. You are a class act!!! :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: ..Welcome back my Brit gf!.. :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lorelei, I was a newish member around that time but I do remember you and how helpful you are. And I am so impressed by all that you do for your animals. I cannot properly express how amazing I think you are for caring for and loving all those animals and giving them the best possible life.

I hope you decide to stay around here.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw your name in another thread and had to read the date again to make sure it was today! :wavey: :wavey:

So very glad to see you - you were such an integral part of PS and were very much missed. So glad to hear that your animals are well and thriving as well.

I look forward to seeing your posts - you are very knowledgeable and share it in the kindest way!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: :appl: welcome back!

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
:wavey: Lorelei, welcome back!! I'm mostly a lurker, but wanted to say hi anyways! It is wonderful to hear about all that you do for your animals.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
I am a newer member here too although I lurked for a long while as well, so I hope that you don't mind me introducing myself :wavey: and saying that I am glad you are back - I wish a lot more of the original members would come back again!!!

We have Scottish terriers (we currently have 7) I had one that had Cushings that has now gone to the rainbow bridge, and despite dogs obviously not being able to get laminitis and having different symptoms, it is a terrible disease for any animal..... if you ever get the chance you HAVE to post pics of the hedgehogs, my 6 year old will kill me if I don't ask!!!!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
WOW how cool! Let me read up on this thread, definitely subscribing.:))) Lorelei, have you noticed what a positive effect you have on this entire forum and how you make others feel welcome and happy? Please, please if you can tolerate us, do not leave us.:)))

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lorelei, please post pix on the cat thread if you can, I do not know your furries yet. I could only upload two photos there for whatever reason. Now I of course have tons of animals stories for you but I will have to run into town for a bit. My newest and most challenging experience has been with my rescue puppy, I never thought life gets so busy with them. I tell you kittens are darling and nothing compared to Mr. Samuel, I think from the litter I got to keep the little evil one although he looks like an angel when you tell him he was naughty. Yesterday he killed a goafer and I about died, he had been digging up the yard for weeks. The day before he brought me half of my rose bush because he thinks rosebugs are a delicacy.:))) He is such a character though. Mommy has a handfull with him. My kitties are all older kitties now, two rescues; one DSH and one Aby rescue and I have two Abys born at my house. I will introduce them later if you like but I do not want to bore or drive everyone crazy with their stories as I realize not everyone lives for animals and diamonds like we do.:)))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back! :wavey: I do hope you'll have the time and inclination to stay but whatever your decision may be, it's a pleasure to have you back. Hit my 10 years last month; it's good to see other posters hang around for a long time and continuing to help others.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results