shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird Pandemic Thought

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think I would still have wanted a diamond. Or maybe a ruby (one day..!) because I LIKE red and I used to say that was my favourite gem. Diamond because ultimately, i’m like a crow. I REALLY like sparkly things. It barely matters what it is... it just has to sparkle...

It took me awhile to warm up to coloured gems. The neon and glowy stones drew me in in the end, but initially the lack of sparkle put me off.

I’m not sure about size... while I used to like small dainty things, the older I get, the more presence I want from my rings.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Crystal_Dreams , Your comment about being like a crow is so funny. I can’t wait to tell this gem to a friend who loves diamonds. Thank you for the laugh. Your avatar ring is beautiful.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
im kinda in the same boat there with you! i also work from home through end of year and i also got my upgrade this year. and yes, i will be staying at home and only myself and my husband see it. if it brings me joy, then why not? :lol-2:

congrats on the upgrade!

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
I would not need even half of what I have to impress people if that was my goal. By PS standards my collection is smallish but IRL I don’t know anyone who enjoys jewelry like I do and I know only one person who has upgraded or changed her wedding set/ER so I don’t feel like I have to keep up with anyone.
People sometimes notice or compliment but I‘m not most comfortable in those moments. IRL I don’t have anyone to share my jewelry interest so who would I show it off too?

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Even more interesting of a thought -

If somehow we lived in a society where we didn't see each other's jewelry (please don't post fallacies, it's a thought experiment) or ER, natha from the start of mankind I wonder what size diamonds most women would pick for their ER or if we would have even discovered diamonds or would use them? Maybe each woman would pick their favorite colored stone? Or really only admire .25ct diamonds?

That would be interesting because then we wouldn't be subconsciously affected by any advertising nor or girlfriends or neighbors jewelry.

I love these sorts of thought provoking statements.

I remember a male acquaintance once pretty much insisting that I only wanted a diamond in an engagement ring because that was what I’d been conditioned to want through advertising. He was actually not very nice about it.. but it did make me think.

As for OPs question, I think I’m probably the main person who loves and admires my jewellery anyways >.< I don’t get to wear rings that often as I work in a hospital, but I have a pendant and earrings that I love dearly, and wear whether or not I’m seeing people during the day or not.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@gerbera222
(love your name, by the way, Gerbera Daisies are a favorite!)

I feel exactly as you do. I've been home since March 13 and have been wearing my pretties all along. Seeing them, wearing them, choosing what to wear each day gives me enjoyment, good memories and a reminder of good times to come.

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
I wear my jewelry for my own enjoyment... when I worked alone in an office many years ago, when I stayed home with my kids for 14 years (park, beach, etc), and now working from home. I continue to put it on every morning and take it off right before I go to bed.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I don't wear anything at home. I have been working at home mostly, so nothing has really been worn. It makes me think I should cull again, but I am basically at the point where I don't want to get rid of anything, but feel I should because I don't wear it now.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here's another weird pandemic thought: i haven't been married that long, and my rings aren't too tight, but i already see my ring finger deforming a little to accommodate them. noticing it now especially that i am rotating between sets and bare fingers more often. eek!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm a key worker and we were advised not to wear jewellery when we were working during the height of the outbreak over here. I took my rings and necklace off and probably have worn them 3 or so times. When I put them on I do feel happier, knowing that they are there.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a key worker and we were advised not to wear jewellery when we were working during the height of the outbreak over here. I took my rings and necklace off and probably have worn them 3 or so times. When I put them on I do feel happier, knowing that they are there.

I've been wondering about that. My school district says that we are going back on campus. Even if the kids go back to distance learning, they want staff in the buildings. That directive could change, depending on what could come from the state. We'll see. I'll be a bit sad if I can't wear at least a band, but whatever is safest goes.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never worn jewelry for other people's eyes. I only care about how my sparklies make ME feel. :P2 That's why I always, ALWAYS wear my rings at home, including my biggest and blingiest pieces. Even if I never leave the house. My daily quarantine routine is to wake up, wash up, and load up with 2-3 rings per hand. That way, I can look down and be thrilled by all the sparkles as often as I want all day long. It's an instant mood booster for me, which is especially welcome during these stressful times.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely for myself. Even at home during a pandemic, I STILL can't bring myself to wear different colored metals at the one time! And as for clashing styles...never! I haven't got room for the thoughts of others - my head is too full of my own aesthetic rules and regulations! :o

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here's another weird pandemic thought: i haven't been married that long, and my rings aren't too tight, but i already see my ring finger deforming a little to accommodate them. noticing it now especially that i am rotating between sets and bare fingers more often. eek!

Haha! I've also developed an indentation around the base of my left ring finger due to wearing my wedding rings for nearly 19 years. My left ring finger is almost a full size smaller than my right!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results