shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird Pandemic Thought

gerbera222

Rough_Rock
Weird thought...how much do you love your wedding ring, if no-one was able to admire it? I just got my upgrade and love it so much. I've been working from home and don't really see anyone except for the hubby, and have just found out we'll be working from home until at least the end of the year. I feel like the ring has brought me so much joy even though I'm the only one to admire it...what about the rest of you? Of course, you PSers admire it so much it is amazing! :lol-2:
IMG_4679.jpg IMG_4697.jpg IMG_4634.jpg IMG_4648.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of my pieces bring me so much joy. I wore my rings during isolation, just for me. I love that I can indulge in wearing such beautiful things at an otherwise awful time in history.

@gerbera222 your set is spectacular! What are the deets on that magnificent rock?! Spill dem beans! :mrgreen:

gerbera222

Rough_Rock
All of my pieces bring me so much joy. I wore my rings during isolation, just for me. I love that I can indulge in wearing such beautiful things at an otherwise awful time in history.

@gerbera222 your set is spectacular! What are the deets on that magnificent rock?! Spill dem beans! :mrgreen:

Yes, agreed! Thank you, it is a 2.3 J VVS1 princess cut. I love it but trying to figure out
If I love the J color.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
your set is to die for
its a good thing you upgraded when you did so you had something to spark joy durring lockdown

After 20 years i have neither my own wedding ring or an ER
if i was so lucky i personality could not image upgrading but i realise that's purly a cultural thing reflective of where i live

I think your princess cut is stunning - that's my preferred shape
im not colour sensitive and the warmer whites are quite popular on PS
but it looks white to me

enjoy

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most definitely.
i don’t care for what other people think, my jewels are for me.
I love sitting down and putting them through the ultrasonic and using my silver cloth to polish the metal and then sit in the sunshine and admire the sparkles.
very Zen,

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my jewelry has always been for me and my personal enjoyment. The pandemic hasn't changed how I wear my jewelry, what I wear, or when. Admiration from others has not been a factor in my jewelry buying/wearing habits. I like stuff that is daily wear & comfortable, though, so I also don't have 'going-out' only pieces. Just pieces I can wear any time, all the time!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Echoing what the others have said, my collection is for my own enjoyment, and have worn them, including some of my best pieces, when I am out and about or at home on my own.

DK :))

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I don't wear my rings at home. Maybe once in awhile. But I have worked from home for the better part of a decade. The jewelry pretty much only comes out on the weekends

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My rings are there to bring me joy! Don’t particularly care what others may think :)

I don’t wear them at home, but sometimes I’ll pull them all out just to have a play and take photos you know?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@gerbera222 I love your new ring and the whole set looks so cohesive and lovely!! Gorgeous!
Same answer as above for me. I wear my jewelry for me. I have been enjoying it all during quarantine with the exception of some bracelets as I don’t find them as comfy at home.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Even more interesting of a thought -

If somehow we lived in a society where we didn't see each other's jewelry (please don't post fallacies, it's a thought experiment) or ER, natha from the start of mankind I wonder what size diamonds most women would pick for their ER or if we would have even discovered diamonds or would use them? Maybe each woman would pick their favorite colored stone? Or really only admire .25ct diamonds?

That would be interesting because then we wouldn't be subconsciously affected by any advertising nor or girlfriends or neighbors jewelry.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol I think I’m the only person who admires my rings, once in a while I get distracted reflecting sparkles on in the wall. No one else cares.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your upgrade is beautiful! I understand your excitement for others to see. I also upgraded my stone recently. It’s always fun to share with others on this forum but I wear my jewelry for my own pleasure and enjoyment, because isn’t that really the point? I wear my rings while at home. Anyway, do enjoy your new blingy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If somehow we lived in a society where we didn't see each other's jewelry (please don't post fallacies, it's a thought experiment) or ER, natha from the start of mankind I wonder what size diamonds most women would pick for their ER or if we would have even discovered diamonds or would use them? Maybe each woman would pick their favorite colored stone? Or really only admire .25ct diamonds?

That would be interesting because then we wouldn't be subconsciously affected by any advertising nor or girlfriends or neighbors jewelry.

I’d want the same. Big. Beautiful. Bright. Chunkalicious ❤️❤️❤️
I enjoy my bling not because of what others think or say. My bling makes me happy. Just looking at it brings me sweetness and joy.

I buy for me and no one else.

ETA looking at others gorgeous bling also brings me joy. So that’s a plus!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I’d want the same. Big. Beautiful. Bright. Chunkalicious ❤️❤️❤️
I enjoy my bling not because of what others think or say. My bling makes me happy. Just looking at it brings me sweetness and joy.

I buy for me and no one else.

ETA looking at others gorgeous bling also brings me joy. So that’s a plus!

I think most of us would want to say that we'd pick the exact same thing we have but the truth is without influence we truly don't know. Imagine never seeing a yummy chunky diamond?

I find it interesting to think about!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I want to get the compliment out of the way before i answer your question! Your ring is gorgeous! I would be happy no matter what too if it was mine! Congratulations!

Anyway, to me it's actually pretty normal to live without anybody noticing my ring set at all. It's already strange looking to most because of my black diamond wedding band and boring to many because its a halo with a smaller sized centre diamond. Not much for people to get out of bed for. I wear it because my husband worked so hard to give it to me and he loves it. So that makes me happy about it, even if I am not so patiently awaiting a different ring that is my style instead of his.

I don't mean to sound snarky I promise. I just always feel wierd whenever I see threads anywhere about hating their jewellery because it doesn't get compliments. And I'm over here living the no compliment life all the time basically (aside from the wonderful PSers who do love the under 1 carat thread that is) lol! Not saying you hate your jewellery because you clearly stated that your set brings you happiness no matter what. I've just seen so many threads elsewhere where that was not the case and I find it strange and your thread kind of reminded me of that.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think most of us would want to say that we'd pick the exact same thing we have but the truth is without influence we truly don't know. Imagine never seeing a yummy chunky diamond?

I find it interesting to think about!

Actually if I had a bigger budget I’d want one of each antique chunky cut. But Bubbalah would be bought first and then if I had left over funds I’d get one of each. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@gerbera222 your set is beautiful. ❤️ Wear and enjoy it in good health and blingy joy.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so glad you are getting to enjoy your beautiful upgrade @gerbera222

Sadly, I am not enjoying/wearing my jewelry during this stay-at-home period. Most of my jewelry is used to accessorize my outfit -and- I would change it daily to match. Being stuck at home, I tend to just wear whatever is easy to put on, clean and comfortable...often it's workout clothes.

I've also always been in the habit of taking off my jewelry when I come in the house so as not to worry about misplacing or damaging it as I go about doing household stuff..so not used to wearing jewelry at home.

On a rare occasion, I'll see a post here that reminds me of something I own and I'll take it out to wear for the day.

Something tells me I’d still go for the biggest stones I could afford. I love big beautiful rocks :love::love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weird thought...how much do you love your wedding ring, if no-one was able to admire it? I just got my upgrade and love it so much. I've been working from home and don't really see anyone except for the hubby, and have just found out we'll be working from home until at least the end of the year. I feel like the ring has brought me so much joy even though I'm the only one to admire it...what about the rest of you? Of course, you PSers admire it so much it is amazing! :lol-2:
IMG_4679.jpg IMG_4697.jpg IMG_4634.jpg IMG_4648.jpg

Just wanted to jump in and say I LOVE your set. You make me want a princess cut and I’m someone who has never really been drawn to princess cuts! It’s so bright and beautiful on your hand and so beautifully proportioned as well. Like the width of the wedding band is just perfectly proportional to the size of the stone. Just lovely.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Your set is stunning in its simple perfection!!

Like many others, I wear my jewelry for my own enjoyment and while I don’t wear it daily during the pandemic, I do find myself putting certain pieces on when I’m feeling down because they bring me joy.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my that is a beautiful princess cut!

Sometimes if I've been cleaning all day when I'm all done I will take my ring out and wear it watching tv. So even if nobody ever saw it I would still wear it because I love it so much. This kind of reminds me of the tree in the forest question...about it making a noise if it falls and nobody is there to hear it.

If a ring is worn and nobody admires it except for the wearer, does it make the ring any less beautiful? I say no ;)2

gerbera222

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to jump in and say I LOVE your set. You make me want a princess cut and I’m someone who has never really been drawn to princess cuts! It’s so bright and beautiful on your hand and so beautifully proportioned as well. Like the width of the wedding band is just perfectly proportional to the size of the stone. Just lovely.

Awww, thank you Yada! I am enjoying it quite a bit :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results