shape
carat
color
clarity

Weird inclusions in spinel - is this synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Somehow I missed this thread for a while, but what cool inclusions!

cofor- your photos are fabulous!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is the bubbly spinel I just purchased....I can''t wait to see it IRL!

Lori

SPINEL11113-aso.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully Cofor will have time to take a magnified picture of the rounded calcite crystals.
1.gif

drive_yugo

Rough_Rock
Trade
I wanted to thank you, guys, for turning me onto this really neat effect (especially Cofor for awesome pictures)!!

I''ve never been a big fan of spinel - much less bought one (!) - but I think these inclusions give it a whole different feel. To me they are like horsetails in demantoid garnet, which turn a pretty but otherwise unremarkable stone into something unique and interesting! So, here is my first bubblicious spinel...
19.gif
though, I would like to propose we "officially" call it Champagne Spinel - to make it sound more dignified!!!
9.gif

Spinel7315.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2009 6:29:23 PM
Author: drive_yugo
I wanted to thank you, guys, for turning me onto this really neat effect (especially Cofor for awesome pictures)!!

I''ve never been a big fan of spinel - much less bought one (!) - but I think these inclusions give it a whole different feel. To me they are like horsetails in demantoid garnet, which turn a pretty but otherwise unremarkable stone into something unique and interesting! So, here is my first bubblicious spinel...
19.gif
though, I would like to propose we ''officially'' call it Champagne Spinel - to make it sound more dignified!!!
9.gif
I like it!
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that name: the bubbly champagne spinel.

cofor

Shiny_Rock
OK here comes my own image of the "pink champagne" spinel. Image taken daylight clouded sky. Measurements 10,3 x 8,5 x 6,5 mm.

spinel_burma_bubb_00.jpg

cofor

Shiny_Rock
And why not another closeup of the inside...

spinel_bubb_03_w.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2009 6:29:23 PM
Author: drive_yugo

19.gif
though, I would like to propose we ''officially'' call it Champagne Spinel - to make it sound more dignified!!!
9.gif
Hi drive!
35.gif

Do you have your new spinel in hand yet? Do you mind sharing where you found it? It looks very similar to the one I''m getting. Can''t wait to see more photos!!!!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2009 12:31:11 PM
Author: cofor
OK here comes my own image of the ''pink champagne'' spinel. Image taken daylight clouded sky. Measurements 10,3 x 8,5 x 6,5 mm.
AWESOME!!!
36.gif

Lori

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cofor,
That is really cool. Thank you so much for taking the time to create these wonderful pictures for us!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, thank you Cofor. I enjoy looking at these natural marvels.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results