shape
carat
color
clarity

Weight loss 2020 FTW! We gots this!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EC77916E-6DEC-4B21-A7CF-2A0175251D1F.jpeg D824851D-9654-474C-AC26-E25EC7C554FD.jpeg

Sorry to everyone else, but this is how my teeth are now @Alex T, this is with the aligners in, so you can see they really are quite invisible.

They are literally invisible! I'm excited for you!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! A quick update to motivate any thread lurkers (as I was, formerly!): just the simple act of writing down my intention here with you all helped me so much. I'm back to eating healthier meals (really loving the savory Huel actually), though I have to say I'm still struggling with getting in 30 min of exercise a day. I'm stressed to the max with work so am trying to take it easy. If I can get even a good 10 min stretching session in, I'm calling it a win. I'm mostly back to my pre-lockdown weight and am now aiming to reach my perpetual dream weight by end of Nov. Sending lots of strength to you all!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! A quick update to motivate any thread lurkers (as I was, formerly!): just the simple act of writing down my intention here with you all helped me so much. I'm back to eating healthier meals (really loving the savory Huel actually), though I have to say I'm still struggling with getting in 30 min of exercise a day. I'm stressed to the max with work so am trying to take it easy. If I can get even a good 10 min stretching session in, I'm calling it a win. I'm mostly back to my pre-lockdown weight and am now aiming to reach my perpetual dream weight by end of Nov. Sending lots of strength to you all!

Wow, you shifted that weight quickly! Well done!! I agree, once you've written your intentions down in public, you can't let yourself down. It's a really good motivational tool.

I am still going at the exercise 5 or 6 mornings a week & I am still exhausted, but I can definitely see results in the mirror (I don't like to weigh myself too often, as I used to be pretty obsessed with the scales). Slow & steady!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, you shifted that weight quickly! Well done!! I agree, once you've written your intentions down in public, you can't let yourself down. It's a really good motivational tool.

I am still going at the exercise 5 or 6 mornings a week & I am still exhausted, but I can definitely see results in the mirror (I don't like to weigh myself too often, as I used to be pretty obsessed with the scales). Slow & steady!

Honestly, not subsisting on delivery/takeaway for two out of three meals a day (burgers, pizza, curry, and chips, so much chips!) made all the difference (surprise, surprise). I'm so impressed by your dedication to exercise, though! I hope I can take some inspiration from you!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, not subsisting on delivery/takeaway for two out of three meals a day (burgers, pizza, curry, and chips, so much chips!) made all the difference (surprise, surprise). I'm so impressed by your dedication to exercise, though! I hope I can take some inspiration from you!!

Your lockdown food menu sounds delicious! But your body tells you otherwise, and sometimes we need to have these moments to figure it out. When I met Mr T we were eating out maybe 3 nights a week, fancy restaurants, lots of wine & puddings. By our wedding day we were both over almost 2 stone heavier :lol: We got pregnant pretty quickly though, so once she was born we hit the serious food control button. And I was breastfeeding, so by the time I fell pregnant again 12 months later, I was 28lbs lighter. Oh for it to be that simple as I get older!

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your lockdown food menu sounds delicious! But your body tells you otherwise, and sometimes we need to have these moments to figure it out. When I met Mr T we were eating out maybe 3 nights a week, fancy restaurants, lots of wine & puddings. By our wedding day we were both over almost 2 stone heavier :lol: We got pregnant pretty quickly though, so once she was born we hit the serious food control button. And I was breastfeeding, so by the time I fell pregnant again 12 months later, I was 28lbs lighter. Oh for it to be that simple as I get older!

I am really missing all the fried chicken burgers... :cry2:Just our luck that a Korean fried chicken place opened this year! Oh no... Now I want one so bad! Maybe a Saturday treat?? :evil2::evil2::evil2:

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
I would love to join as well! I LOVE Leslie Sansone walking videos.

I am working from home like most people and am sick of being sedentary the last few months. Starting to take my dog out for quick walks throughout the day because even he is bored haha.

Hubby & I are going on our favorite hike tomorrow to Big Horn Mine in Wrightwood. It is 4.5 miles total and I can't wait to jump start this journey. Leslie will become my workout buddy in the mornings.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
I stopped getting alerts for this thread...

Just an update. 12ish (because of the fluctuations) pounds away from my goal weight!

FYI - I tried to thrift some new clothing but gave up. Ended up finding ThredUP. Def a place to look for people who don’t want to spend a lot while losing weight. I think I can go down one more size so I’m not trying to spend a lot of money on new clothing. But for $80-something I was able to get enough clothes to hold me over (5 pairs of yoga pants, a pair of jeans, a few sweaters, and a few shirts).

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great updates! So glad to see everyone around and doing well.

Add me to the list of people who want to see progress pictures and the after on those invisalign trays!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I stopped getting notifications for this thread so I thought it was dead and never checked it. I see that it was just a glitch!

I’ve been doing pretty good on my diet and exercise. I started with only adjusting my diet and just recently started exercising again. Lost about 20 pounds. Usually the 20 pounds would have fallen off faster but since I’m home and not working, I’m very sedentary. I used to get in 10k+ steps before noon so that helped a lot with my weight loss coupled with the dieting and exercise. I’m also a pescatarian so dieting is harder than when I ate all kinds of meat. But, I know I gotta power through. And once I saw the weight coming off slowly but surely, it was motivating. Hoping to keep this weight loss thing going until thanksgiving and let myself indulge for one day and then get back on the horse. I always have the problem of getting to my goal weight and gaining everything back. I really wanna try not to do that this time. It’s so much hard work down the drain.

Last edited:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Hello lovelies! How is everyone doing? I am feeling pretty knackered truth be told, plus my feet ache, but i have stuck to my 3 long runs & 2 HIIT sessions every single week. I am slowly getting my waist back & not overhanging my jeans anymore, but I still have a long way to go to like what I see in the mirror. And tbh, I feel my effort justifies a hugely greater change to my body, but I'll keep going.

I FINALLY have answers to my fat tummy & hair loss - I have polycystic ovaries. The serum cortisol measured fine the second time, which was early morning, so it appears I just deplete quickly throughout the day due to the level of activity I have. The first tests were late afternoon.

The Dr also had a different Endocrinologist look over my results & it turns out I am in well established perimenopause. Usually PCOS is picked up through infertility, but as I had no trouble conceiving it was missed. My symptoms are so slight on the grand scale of things that it's easy to see why - some women really suffer badly with this.

The only treatment is full on HRT. I have worked hard to prepare mentally & physically for menopause, so they are very happy to steer me away from medication for as long as I feel i would like to. I am so fit & well, my bone density is great (from all the bloody running, I expect) and i have no perimenopause symptoms of note, apart from the wobbly tummy & thinning hair, so i will keep moving forwards.

A few tips the Dr gave me was to take a daily magnesium supplement, eat 2 Brazil nuts & 2 cups of spearmint tea daily. I have taken Viviscal for a year now & a 1000mg Vit D daily for 2 years, since they found i wasn't storing it well in the winter. Low D also contributes to hair loss.

The Viviscal is very good for hair nutrition, but the magnesium & selenium in the nuts will help the health of the follicle. The spearmint tea was a new one to me, but after reading some studies she referred me to, it has been proven to prevent testosterone from converting to DHT, thus reducing androgens common with PCOS. But no more than 2 cups per day. The studies suggest a difference in androgen levels can be measure after 30 days.

At this stage I am willing to try anything that isn't HRT, as I really don't feel I need it. Hopefully it will help in some way, even if it's just to prevent more hair loss. Will keep you posted!

I’m glad you got some news back from your doctor! My cousin also has PCOS and she’s in pain all the time and her hair has started to fall out. I’m gonna tell her about the holistic treatments you mentioned and hopefully it helps her and you! Keep us updated on how you’re feeling! :wavey:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I am really missing all the fried chicken burgers... :cry2:Just our luck that a Korean fried chicken place opened this year! Oh no... Now I want one so bad! Maybe a Saturday treat?? :evil2::evil2::evil2:

OMG, Korean fried chicken is THE BEST! Go get some! One cheat meal won’t ruin anything!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well after 10 days of Invisalign, I’ve lost 2lbs, at this rate, I’ll have lost a lot of weight without even trying by the time I’m done!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Well after 10 days of Invisalign, I’ve lost 2lbs, at this rate, I’ll have lost a lot of weight without even trying by the time I’m done!

Is it because snacking is more of a chore with having to remove them?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I need to get me some!

Either that, or have my jaw wired :lol:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it because snacking is more of a chore with having to remove them?

Yes it is, as soon as I’ve finished eating, I rinse, floss and brush my teeth, clean the aligners and put them straight back. You can only drink plain water with them in, so I’m only eating my 3 meals a day, and keeping them in for more than 22 hours a day. (I eat fast :mrgreen: )

I need to get me some!

Either that, or have my jaw wired :lol:

It’s a lot less drastic than wiring your jaw shut @Alex T :lol:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is everyone doing? I am in the midst of preparing to sell o e house and buy another. Managed to cook dinner tonight. Nothing super healthy, but at least it wasn't takeout again...
Have two contractors here every day this week. Lots done but more to go. Working hard to be ready to list by November 1. That likely means photos on Tuesday and listing Thursday. We may postpone a week and go visit the possible houses to buy then get an offer accepted before listing. Will see what the realtor says.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is everyone doing? I am in the midst of preparing to sell o e house and buy another. Managed to cook dinner tonight. Nothing super healthy, but at least it wasn't takeout again...
Have two contractors here every day this week. Lots done but more to go. Working hard to be ready to list by November 1. That likely means photos on Tuesday and listing Thursday. We may postpone a week and go visit the possible houses to buy then get an offer accepted before listing. Will see what the realtor says.

House moving is stressful. I hope it's smooth for you.

We are on a Half Term holiday here this week, so I have the girls at home & I'm taking a week off my exercise. I don't have to as DH works from home, but my feet have been so, so very sore from all the pounding. And I seem to have been hit with the perimenopause brick very suddenly. My boobs have been on fire for a few weeks now, very sore, sensitive nipples (like PMT constantly), a couple of sudden furnace like feelings & lots of painful sort of ovulating stabs down below. I've also had a few palpitations followed by an immediate hot flush & my periods, which I always keep note of for my Haematology Dr, have gone from 27 days religiously, to the last one being 35 days & again i am now at 29 days with no bleed. Given I have just been through the ringer with blood works, tests & scans, I know this is all hormonal & my physical health is 100% (apart from the PCOS). But to be told a few months back that I'm in well established perimenopause & think wow, really? I feel perfectly normal! To BAM! Take that, lady!!!!

So I am resting this week & just enjoying not putting any pressure on myself. It's a mental health week. I am trying to eat healthily & keep busy at home, cleaning, sorting for charity etc. And then next week I'll be back on it.

The good news is that when I was sorting though my huge jeans collection, there were some in there i'd put away because they had become obscenely tight, but now they are wearable again. Still a little bit of overhang on a couple of pairs (different cuts & styles, all in the same size & all fit very differently) but OK to wear. So I must keep going with my 5-6 mornings a week, sore feet aside.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House moving is stressful. I hope it's smooth for you.

We are on a Half Term holiday here this week, so I have the girls at home & I'm taking a week off my exercise. I don't have to as DH works from home, but my feet have been so, so very sore from all the pounding. And I seem to have been hit with the perimenopause brick very suddenly. My boobs have been on fire for a few weeks now, very sore, sensitive nipples (like PMT constantly), a couple of sudden furnace like feelings & lots of painful sort of ovulating stabs down below. I've also had a few palpitations followed by an immediate hot flush & my periods, which I always keep note of for my Haematology Dr, have gone from 27 days religiously, to the last one being 35 days & again i am now at 29 days with no bleed. Given I have just been through the ringer with blood works, tests & scans, I know this is all hormonal & my physical health is 100% (apart from the PCOS). But to be told a few months back that I'm in well established perimenopause & think wow, really? I feel perfectly normal! To BAM! Take that, lady!!!!

So I am resting this week & just enjoying not putting any pressure on myself. It's a mental health week. I am trying to eat healthily & keep busy at home, cleaning, sorting for charity etc. And then next week I'll be back on it.

The good news is that when I was sorting though my huge jeans collection, there were some in there i'd put away because they had become obscenely tight, but now they are wearable again. Still a little bit of overhang on a couple of pairs (different cuts & styles, all in the same size & all fit very differently) but OK to wear. So I must keep going with my 5-6 mornings a week, sore feet aside.

A well deserved week off! I hope it went well and you were able to enjoy everything. Any chance a different type of shoe would help your feet? I know there is some amount no matter what you wear, but it might be worth checking out a couple of types in case you can reduce it some. Especially with the other pains and discomforts going on!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A well deserved week off! I hope it went well and you were able to enjoy everything. Any chance a different type of shoe would help your feet? I know there is some amount no matter what you wear, but it might be worth checking out a couple of types in case you can reduce it some. Especially with the other pains and discomforts going on!

Thank you! I have been through many running shoes over the years, all mostly with my amazing physiotherapist. I am now in Hoka Clifton wide fit shoes & they have been amazing. I was diagnosed with Morton's Neuroma a couple of years ago, through running in too tight shoes, so we're all good in that respect. I think with the healing Morton's plus the extra miles, they're antagonising each other :roll:

But yes, I have had a LOVELY week off from exercise & I feel great! Nothing is aching & my feet feel great & ready for a run on Monday.

Hiw are you doing?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it ok if I do a before and after?

I used to be very fit and healthy. I wasn't overweight and I worked out a lot. Like - a LOT. Think - 2 hours a day, 5 days a week.

But when I was 45, I blew out 2 of the herniated discs in my back (I herniated 10 discs - 8 in my back and 2 in my neck - when I was 14 from pulling a drowning girl out of a swimming pool) - and pierced the meninges, which surrounds the spine and houses all the cerebro-spinal fluid. My brain began to dehydrate and I almost died. Suffice to say, before and after in total, I spent 12 months on my stomach in bed, then 2 years after that in recuperation. I gained a lot of weight. Again - a LOT.

I dropped about 20% of that fairly promptly, but then just sort of hung around being fat for a bunch of years. Then last January I thought - what the heck am I doing? Life is short! - and I went keto. Dropped some weight and am now 17 lbs, as of this morning, away from my goal weight.

I thought I'd share some photos, if that's ok.....

First photo is me before my back literally exploded on a neurosurgeon's examination table, age 45. I don't show my highest weight, which was at age 49 after 3 years of immobility, but here I am, in the second photo, at 50. I was down about...20lbs by then I think? Then the next is, I believe, age 56, down 45 lbs. Then post keto - down a BUNCH - about 75, I think - August of this year.

Weight loss progression - time.jpeg

Then lastly, as of this morning - down 83lbs, with 17 to go.

Hollian - nov 17th 2020.jpg

Phew! What a roller coaster it's been! I exercise regularly, but I have Crohn's disease and have had a bunch of illness over the last 2 years, so it's been really tough. But, on average, I work out 3 days, then take 1 day off. The days I work out, I do between 40 and 100 minutes, depending on what I do - some combo of cardio, core-power-flow yoga, aerobics and abs. When my Crohn's is under control, I love exercising. But most of the time it's a real push. I do it anyway.

Good luck, ladies! I'm right there with you!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it ok if I do a before and after?

I used to be very fit and healthy. I wasn't overweight and I worked out a lot. Like - a LOT. Think - 2 hours a day, 5 days a week.

But when I was 45, I blew out 2 of the herniated discs in my back (I herniated 10 discs - 8 in my back and 2 in my neck - when I was 14 from pulling a drowning girl out of a swimming pool) - and pierced the meninges, which surrounds the spine and houses all the cerebro-spinal fluid. My brain began to dehydrate and I almost died. Suffice to say, before and after in total, I spent 12 months on my stomach in bed, then 2 years after that in recuperation. I gained a lot of weight. Again - a LOT.

I dropped about 20% of that fairly promptly, but then just sort of hung around being fat for a bunch of years. Then last January I thought - what the heck am I doing? Life is short! - and I went keto. Dropped some weight and am now 17 lbs, as of this morning, away from my goal weight.

I thought I'd share some photos, if that's ok.....

First photo is me before my back literally exploded on a neurosurgeon's examination table, age 45. I don't show my highest weight, which was at age 49 after 3 years of immobility, but here I am, in the second photo, at 50. I was down about...20lbs by then I think? Then the next is, I believe, age 56, down 45 lbs. Then post keto - down a BUNCH - about 75, I think - August of this year.

Weight loss progression - time.jpeg

Then lastly, as of this morning - down 83lbs, with 17 to go.

Hollian - nov 17th 2020.jpg

Phew! What a roller coaster it's been! I exercise regularly, but I have Crohn's disease and have had a bunch of illness over the last 2 years, so it's been really tough. But, on average, I work out 3 days, then take 1 day off. The days I work out, I do between 40 and 100 minutes, depending on what I do - some combo of cardio, core-power-flow yoga, aerobics and abs. When my Crohn's is under control, I love exercising. But most of the time it's a real push. I do it anyway.

Good luck, ladies! I'm right there with you!

Oh my goodness, you look amazing! I mean, you've always been beautiful, but your changing shape is testament to the fact that firstly, illness & immobility are a b!tch & people should never judge others on their size, because they have no idea what's going on, and secondly what you can achieve with hard, hard work, determination & dedication. Very well done you! :kiss2:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, @Alex T! Yes, when we judge people we're often right....and often wrong. And when we're wrong, we're often spectacularly wrong. I can't tell you some of the ignorant comments I got when I was overweight - especially from people who didn't know it was of more recent advent. The people who knew me always knew I'd find a space and time to get my health and fitness back, but that it would be on my own terms, in my own timeframe.

One thing, tho - I never hated my body. At its absolute best and worst - fit, healthy, overweight, not overweight, cancer, Crohn's, heart issues - during all of it - my body has always been a friend of mine and I've never hated the way it behaved, nor the way it looked. I just don't hate myself - never have.

But I have to say, lugging around 83 less lbs certainly is easier on the knees! Well, on the 'everything', really.

I look forward to losing the last 17! Ever upwards!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello, everybody! I'd like to join this thread! I was super-thin until my early twenties, and now I'm......235lb!!!

I really want to lick this.

Here's the funny part: My diet buddy is my 83-year-old uncle. LOL! He says he has been worried about my weight, health-wise, and he's struggled with his, too. I've been trying to date, but there's no question that most men want someone slimmer than me. Uncle is also giving me dating advice! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! Which basically consists of, "Forget about the men - do it for yourself." Easy for him to say - he has a girlfriend!

I'm going to the doctor next week to get thyroid etc. done, as thyroid issues are in the family, and I don't think I eat enough to have blown up to this size. My BMI is 40, so I'm also hopefully going to be referred to a weight loss program by my doc.

Mrs. B - you look amazing!!!!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ETA: My goal is to lose ten pounds by July 4.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Jambalaya, you and I are nearly the same weight, I’m at 232lbs. I just started eating gluten free to try to clear my rosacea but also hoping for some results in the weight department.

Anyways, not to make it about me, just letting you know that you’re not alone!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YADA - thank you SO MUCH!!! We can do this!! I also have rosacea.

Best of luck to you!!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, everybody! I'd like to join this thread! I was super-thin until my early twenties, and now I'm......235lb!!!

I really want to lick this.

Here's the funny part: My diet buddy is my 83-year-old uncle. LOL! He says he has been worried about my weight, health-wise, and he's struggled with his, too. I've been trying to date, but there's no question that most men want someone slimmer than me. Uncle is also giving me dating advice! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! Which basically consists of, "Forget about the men - do it for yourself." Easy for him to say - he has a girlfriend!

I'm going to the doctor next week to get thyroid etc. done, as thyroid issues are in the family, and I don't think I eat enough to have blown up to this size. My BMI is 40, so I'm also hopefully going to be referred to a weight loss program by my doc.

Mrs. B - you look amazing!!!!

Hi @Jambalaya welcome to the thread! We're all here to support and congratulate one another and lift each other up!
I just wanna say that I agree with your 83 year old uncle! Don't do it for men! LOL. You do it for you and no one else! If men only want you when you're slimmer, screw them. They aren't worth your time and energy. Someone that loves you and wants to be with you, will love you and want to be with you, no matter what size or shape you are. They just want you to be happy. I hope this isn't coming off as a lecture! I've just struggled with weight my whole life and I've had more fair share of supportive allies and bullies. Just coming from a place of experience, I say just love yourself. And if losing weight will make you happier, do it! If not, enjoy just being you and not to impress a date. Because THEY should be impressing you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results