shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 9th Oct - 15th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Tybee - The form of yoga I do is actually a very active and rigorous one, hence the nickname "Power Yoga". I had a hard time finding the right exercise for me because I hate gym and running hurts my knees... I tried swimming but I couldn''t seem to focus on what I was doing (and not about some upcoming exam) without getting tired too quickly. Anyway, Ashtanga may suit you is you''re looking for a way to improve your flexibility (in every aspect of your life
28.gif
) in a more active way than stretching poses. I think everyone has a different exercising personality, though, so you may not like it either.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Everone! Welcome to our new friends reader and anchor. I''m sure you''ll enjoy lot''s of healthful friendship here.

So, our weekend was just fantastic. First we worked out before heading over to the Vinoy, which was a good thing as this was a foodgasmic weekend. The Rennaisacne Vinoy opened her doors in 1925 and was a very posh place indeed. During World War II, she served our country well as a training camp. Then after the war she returned to duty as a high end resort. But times treated her badly as she was never designed to be airconditioned and fell out of favor and by the 1970''s rooms went for as low as $5/night. Then she was simply closed and for 18 years vagrants built bonfires in her ball room and the hotel on the bay of St. Petersburg was scheduled for the recking. This is how we actually came to enjoy a wonderful weekend in her restored majestic beauty. Our condo developer was the developer who lovingly restored her to heights they couldn''t have dreamed of when she was new. The hotel actually reopened in 1994 and has been lovingly cared for since. It''s a simply beautiful hotel. The rooms wonderfully furnished and of course the bed and linens to die for. Each room has a wonderful balcony overlooking Tampa bay and the city of St. Petersburg. The restaurants are extraordinary and we ate every penny of the $400 meal allowance we had, plus some. The dinner the first night was in Fred''s, which is the exclusive restaurant for club members and hotel guests. My meal, which began with a lump crab cake topped with fried oysters and mango salsa was just fantastic. But, my main course which was Squab wrapped around main lobster was beyond description. We shared an iceceam cake like desert which was sinful. The rest of the time we just bounced from restaurant to restaurant and ended up this morning in the Main dining room for Sunday Champagne Brunch. The foods were too numerous to mention, and I overate just a little bit. Last night, the Florida Symphony just happened to be playing in the park outside our resort and to top that off, the concert concluded with an amazing fireworks display. All too kewl for words.

This afternoon after coming home we headed home to try to work off a few of the calories, but I was just not going to count calories this weekend in any way shape or form. I have all this week to work off any extra excess. I just needed the break and truly enjoyed the experience.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Sounds like Mara and Jeff and others are working hard as usual.

Mara, good luck tomorrow on the start of your new job. I''m sure you''ll knock ''em dead!!

See everyone in next week''s thread.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow Rod, it sounds like an amazing hotel. You guys deserved a nice break and I''m glad to hear you ate what you wanted and didn''t count calories. Mara good luck in your new job, I''m sure you will be awesome!! I hope you guys don''t mind me popping in now and then. This thread is inspiring to me. I can''t work out due to 3 herniated disks in my neck. I walk a lot and that keeps me in shape.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow rod it sounds so awesome. we were hoping to get away for a weekend this month to san luis obispo just to take a long drive somewhere and have some fun, but our wkd schedules this month was too much as we had at least one event every wkd in october. and in november i have a trip for work and also thanksgiving, and then in dec we are going to vegas to meet up with greg''s family for a weekend then obviously, christmas! so i doubt we''ll be able to get a weekend away to ourselves til jan sometime... yours sounds divine!

thanks for the well wishes on the new gig, i actually start on wed. tomorrow is my last day and my coworkers are taking me to lunch..i will miss them all, the people at any job are always the best thing for me!! but i have made some good friends there so i will keep in touch...many of my greatest friendships over the years have come from old coworkers. my maid of honor is one of my best friends and was my reporting manager at palm about 7 years ago! anyway on tues, i am going to have some lunch and do some shopping with some friends and get a mani pedi to celebrate my last day of ''freedom''. haha.
2.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2006 9:02:47 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Wow Rod, it sounds like an amazing hotel. You guys deserved a nice break and I''m glad to hear you ate what you wanted and didn''t count calories. Mara good luck in your new job, I''m sure you will be awesome!! I hope you guys don''t mind me popping in now and then. This thread is inspiring to me. I can''t work out due to 3 herniated disks in my neck. I walk a lot and that keeps me in shape.
Lisa, we''re glad to have you join us anytime!! Thanks for the good wishes. It sure was nice to have a weekend where I didn''t worry, or think about being unemployed much. Of course I can''t stop thinking about it completely, but I did pretty well blocking it out for a while. Tomorrow, it''s back to job hunting.

Mara, we''ll think about you Wednesday then. Have fun on your last day and enjoy your mani/pedi on Tuesday!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Dinner last night: Sushi. Handrolls are so completly my fave.. they are so much more substantial than the maki, and it''s easier to figure out how much I''m actually eating. Plus, it''s easy to stuff a few more pieces of maki in there, but it''s harder to overeat by a full handroll. Plus, the nori is still dry and crisp with the handoll, and doesn''t have that soggy seaweed flavour yet. Mmm.

Dinner tonight was grazed, two locally-made turkey pepperettes, a pear, two rice cakes with spread avocado and soft goat cheese, and a load of grilled asparagus. It sounds like a lot, but it wasn''t. The bulk of my meal was asparagus.

I''ve sucessfully located gym pants, so tomorrow will be my first day back in the gym! I''m actually really excited.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results