shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 9th Oct - 15th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OV...YES the WF prepacked stuff is awesome. it''s basically all fresh, made and packed daily. their salads are good, i love their foods, they have things like spaghetti and meatballs, mashed potatoes and turkey, fresh soups, fresh salads. they even have a warmed buffety kind of area which has like pasta and veggies and things, and their mac and cheese is YUM. usually i''ll get a meat or something and then supplement for dinner from their deli or pre-pack. they even have freshly made sandwiches and SUSHI rolls.

also check out trader joes which is right up the street in pruneyard as well. they have really amazing salads and pizzas and stuff all pre-pack as well and it''s CHEAP. a low-fat greek salad is like $3.00! lastly you are near erik''s deli over near pruneyard, they have the best sandwiches on wheat and nine grain bread, just make sure they don''t put ''eriks goo'' on it because its all fat! and also check out le boulanger, they have some great sandwiches as well and soups.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2006 3:52:21 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Hi Rod,
I live outside of Philly, Bryn Mawr to be exact. Working in the burbs is nice, my husband just moved his comapany to the burbs. But Philadelphia is such a great city. We spend a lot of our time in the city. The Rittenhouse SQ are is a great place to live in Philadelphia. If you need any help just let me know.
Monarch I am sorry about your hubby, hope he''s feeling better soon!!
I love reading this thread, you guys are all doing great!!!
36.gif
Thanks Lisa.....of course I don''t know if the company will be as interested in me as I think they should
28.gif
but it would be a good opportunity. I know Philly''s a great city. I love the Philadelphia Symphony and there''s so much culture in the city. It would be difficult to live in a cold and snowy climate again, but I''m sure we could adjust. It''s also nice to know reverse commuting is a good possibility. Sorry if I offend anyone with my anti-burb sentiment, but we just could not live outside of a city again. We''ve become highrise city dweller kinds of guys. I''m sure we could find something that would provide the lifestyle we''ve become accustomed to.

I''ll let you know if I''m headed your way for sure. Thanks again!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2006 3:54:19 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Rod, I''m in Tampa once or twice a year. I''ve got a ton of family in orlando too. i would love to meet up next time I''m there.

JCDC- no, I''m so not a runner. I used to run 5-6 miles when I was in college and hated every minute. My best friend actually ran the NY marathon a few years ago and I still didn''t get inspired. I''m a kickboxing, step aerobics type gal so hubby will be running solo. maybe we should still get the jog stroller so he can take the kids, they do make double wides
11.gif
9.gif

thanks everyone for the welcomes
35.gif
That would be great. I just hope I still live here the next time you''re in town.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2006 5:19:56 PM
Author: Modified Brilliant
I did mention a long time ago that I''m a USF Tampa alumni (class of 78). There was no Sundome and no football team back then.

A Billy Joel 2 hour concert was $2.00!!! We had lots of Southern rock concerts (The Outlaws). Hall of Fame pitcher Robin Roberts was

the baseball coach and a guy named Reuben O'' Donovan Askew was the governor. Time flies but the memories live on!
Careful now Jeff........you''re really dating yourself with trivia like that!!! I can''t imagine the area without the Sundome, but it''s pretty old now and is more likely to be replaced one day. The football stadium is Raymond James Stadium and is a modern marvel, but we pay for it everyday with an extra 1/2 penny sales tax. Who would have thought we''d have baseball, hockey and football in our town. We''ve become a pretty large city and it''s also pretty diverse, which is something I love.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, I had a really good workout this afternoon. And I was really dreading it, but I have to keep my schedule to keep my sanity. And since I don''t really have to be anywhere at any specific time, I can work out as hard or as long as I want. This afternoon, I got there around 3:15 and didn''t leave until almost 6:30. And I worked the entire time. Of course I finished with my usual 45 minutes on the elliptical. My legs were a bit tired from yesterdays run, but I managed to stay on course at 88 - 90 RMP for the whole time and still burned (according to the machine) over 700 calories. Since I''m starting to really enjoy running, I''m thinking I might run again tomorrow in lieu of going to the gym. I guess I''ll see how I feel after my morning interview with the small company.

Orangevixen.......congratulations on besting your time on the half marathon. I''ve just become a runner in the last couple of months and am up to running 5 - 6 miles, which for me is quite an accomplishment. I''m thinking of at least doing a 5K sometime this year. Maybe oneday I''ll work up to a 1/2 or full marathon. I need to become employed again before worrying about that though...........

Happy Wednesday evening everyone!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Monarch, sorry to hear about your hubby''s back problems. I''ve had disc problems too and did acupuncture for awhile. I do think it helped initially.. I was in terrible pain for months. Then, he started getting more aggressive and it got much worse. I then tried physical therapy and a chiropractor, both of which made it worse or kept it the same at various points. Finally, when the pain wasn''t quite as bad, I just exercised more and more and it really helped... at least I think it did. It''s hard to know what worked, prob. a combo of all the things I did. Now, I still feel achey at times but nothing like the pain from before. I do think that when I stop exercising as much, it gets worse.. although I hate to admit that!

As for me this week, nothing much to say. I had the day off yesterday and did not start my workout week. So I''m currently debating whether to workout tonight. I really don''t want to but am feeling motivated from everyone''s great start this week. So..............
I guess I''d better get off of here and get to it! Thanks everyone, I think
emcrook.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Go Dixie! You will feel better after!!

I am going to a late class tonite because Greg has rehsearsal, then we are getting sushi for takeout after. I feel tired lately but I don''t know if it''s my workout schedule or just the changing of the weather. I am getting enough sleep so not sure, maybe I should start taking a vitamin or something!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
me, i''m not doing so great. hubby''s grandparents are both in their final stages...they are both in hospital beds in their own living room with 24-hour care. they are right next to each other. that''s the way i want to go someday, so sweet. anyhow, the diet thing just isn''t going well for me. with the stress of it all, i''ve managed to eat taco bell, pizza, and other CRAP over the past week
14.gif
OV, sorry to hear about your grandparents. That is a hard time. My grandfather passed and then shortly after my grandmother. That''s great that they can be right there by each other; I''m sure that helps them.
My weekend diet wasn''t great this weekend either. I''m starting fresh tomorrow.
But here I go, off to workout...

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, I''m done! Thanks Mara, I do feel better. Part of my motivation was that after tomorrow''s workout, I''d be done with 2 days, rather than 1 so that my goal will be accomplished that much sooner.
2.gif

So 1 down for me.
Good luck on your late class tonight. I am thinking of trying a class at the gym Thursday night but haven''t made it there yet. We''ll see. Tomorrow is a gym night for me.

Mara, you could just be tired from a little bit of both.. you did workout 7 times last week!!! That is a lot and weather changes always effect me. The up and down in the Midwest is soooo annoying. It is supposed to get very cold here, very soon.
8.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2006 9:30:15 PM
Author: Mara
Go Dixie! You will feel better after!!

I am going to a late class tonite because Greg has rehsearsal, then we are getting sushi for takeout after. I feel tired lately but I don''t know if it''s my workout schedule or just the changing of the weather. I am getting enough sleep so not sure, maybe I should start taking a vitamin or something!!
Well Mara you have really stepped it up a notch on the workout scale lately and that could be making you a bit more tired. You know I am a big believer in vitamins and as much as you exert yourself, it surely couldn''t hurt to take some additional nutrional support. Just a thought..........

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
So, er, I guess it's time for me to peek a nose in here, to mix my metaphors...

I signed up for the gym in my office building today. It's been at least a good 4 years since I worked out regularly.

After a month on the job sitting on my tush in a cubicle, my stomach muscles are trying to go on leave. So, time to balance out my sedentary job with the gym!

Talk about assumptions made on first impressions!
29.gif
Ok, I've been studying difficult courses for 4 years and had little enough time to sleep, let alone work out, but the girl at the gym treated me like I was 300lbs and had never seen the inside of a gym before. Or like I was a very, very young child or a very, very elderly woman.
20.gif
She kept harping on losing weight: "So your primary goal is weightloss?" Me: "No. I want to gain health, not lose weight" Her: "Ok, but you want to lose weight?" Me: "Meh. My doctor suggested I lose about ten pounds" Her: "OK! So weightloss is a high priority, then!" Me: *thinks catty things about her IQ* "No. Health, not weight loss" Her: "What is your goal weight?" Me: "Uh... maybe 160."

SHE BLITHELY WRITES DOWN 116!!
23.gif

I couldn't believe it. At 130lbs, when I was a teen, I could see the bones of my ribcage below my collarbones. 116? On my frame? WTH?! I wanted to smack her for being a ditzy gym bunny with no-fat cottage cheese for brains. Let me add: *bleep bleep bleeping bleeep*
29.gif

Okay, now that I am a bit more calm... on with the story. I corrected her ("116?! Are you kidding?! I'd be a STICK!") forced her to write down my starting weight in the 'starting weight' box "Oh no, we don't ask for that! *horrified look*" Yeah... they don't ask for it, that's why it's right beside the 'goal weight' box. What a flaming twit.

Anyhoo, she backed off after I shot down her nutrition plan suggestions (I told her what I ate all week
11.gif
) and she backed off further after I told her I've been working out on and off for seven years, used to be in dance, and went through a yearlong period of being in the gym for 2.5 hours a day. (That was a combo of dance stretches, training, and cardio, so it wasn't that long)

But snotty little gym bunnies who look at my out-of-shape thyroid-riddled body and make stupid assumptions about me just P.O. me.
29.gif

Oh yeah... and I'm fishbelly white, seeing as I'm as caucasian as I can get without glowing in the dark.
20.gif
I could tan, but I prefer to be melanoma and wrinkle-free.

Well. I feel better for getting that off my chest... rant over! Yay! Working out again! Free time ROCKS!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha Gala...your experience sounded frightful! last week i was at the gym and the girl at the front (who remembers my name and uses it to tell me to have a good workout (aka have a great workout mara!) which kind of creeps me out since i am only there 2-3x a week!) asked me if i wanted a complimentary fitness training session. i said no thanks! thinking really what is the dude going to tell me? i think i''m doing okay on my own anyway for now...i am sooo not into the whole structured ''do this right now for 10 reps'' kinda thing. but maybe i could get them to measure my bodyfat if i did it, hmmm.

anyway...worked out tonite..and felt kind of tired but i had a really good workout surprisingly...lots of sweat and huffing and puffing. or maybe i was just tired. haha. but i kept it up and kept bouncing even when i felt out of breath. i know my ''limits'' now and so i know that even if i FEEL tired, i know that i have more in there...at least enough to get me through the class. if i can pound away on the treadmill at incline of 7-11 for 60 minutes at the gym then i can handle a 35-40 minute kickboxing class even on a tired night, right?!?! thats what i told myself anyway and it worked. came home and did 175 jumping jacks just to finish it off (and not feel the least bit bad about the coconut on my sushi rolls, hey it''s the good fat!).

sushi tonite as take out was hit or miss, which i always HATE. it''s like how hard is it to get the order right? last week they forgot greg''s miso even though we paid for it..and then tonite they gave us a fried shrimp tempura roll instead of the one i had ordered which was not fried. and they gave me wild salmon sashimi instead of fresh salmon and the taste is very different. they did this once before when my workout girlfriend and i were at the sushi place and we were like EWWW what is this, why is this salmon so mushy!! i think that if you haven''t had fresh before and knew you loved it, that you''d be fine with wild but once you love something, getting something unexpected does not make for happy sushi eaters! so of course YES tonite they gave us wild salmon, ugh. at least greg liked it. the thing is..what am i going to say next week? be sure to get my order right since you guys messed it up 2x in a row? they''ll probably replace my shrimp with shrimp HEADS as revenge or something if i say anything. which bugs me because hello its not like sushi is CHEAP. i''d really love to get what we order yanno! and this place has the best sushi and rolls, so we are addicted. i''ve turned on like 10 friends to them too.

anyway...welcome gala...kudos dixie for getting out there and doing the workout tonite...!! rod i think i am going to start taking at least a multi vitamin each morning. i start my new job next week and i want to be able to keep up a strong workout regime, maybe not DAILY like i have been doing, but at least 5-6x a week and so i want to be chipper and energetic for the new job but yet still able to maintain my workouts and also have some energy for my husband and rat also!!

hope everyone had a wonderful night and has a great morning tomorrow!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod - we will do that with the creatine and have a Google.

Galateia, I am sorry you were stuck with such a prat for your gym assessment
20.gif
You are doing great and don''t worry about the likes of her!

I did an hour cardio this morning, strength training is still off the menu due to our fritzed multigym
15.gif
. The company where we bought it will be sending out a tech to fix it for us which is good. We have been really pleased with the machine, plus it offers over 65 exercises and we really don''t want another brand, so hopefully when it is fixed we won''t have any more trouble with it!

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
good morning workout people.

i've been absent from the thread for a while because of the wisdom teeth removal. it went better than i had expected. actually, on the day of the procedure, i thought that i was such a fantastically resilient healer because i had hardly any pain or swelling. i was feeling so dandy that i sent my husband back to work because i didn't need him tending to me (which i was told by others i would). unfortunately, the next day i awoke to a fairly horribly swollen face and quite a bit of pain. oh well. cheeks have returned to a nearly normal size and the pain is pretty much a thing of the past. one thing though, the lady who i can only assume assisted in the surgery approached me as i was leaving the office with a bag containing my teeth
6.gif
"would you like to take these home with you?"
6.gif
6.gif
fortunately, i was still hazy from the anesthesia and couldn't process just how disgusting that was. ick

i was told not to exercise for a week, but because i'm feeling alright i did pilates yesterday. i also have been taking some generous walks to compensate for the otherwise lack of movement. pilates is on the schedule tonight.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara: It''s a good idea to take at least a multi-vitamin. Are you hydrated enough? I''ve found that''s one way to be tired when you''re working out as hard as you do. Make sure you''re drinking enough water too. Also, I hate it when they get the sushi order wrong and giving you wild salmon would have not been pleasant to me at all. I''ve had it once as sushi and that was the ONLY time I would have it again, for all the reasons you mentioned.

Lorelei: Do at least google Creatine. What I found was very interesting.

Gala: Welcome to our healthy group here. So sorry the trainer was so insensitive. I hope that doesn''t deter you from accomplishing what you want.

So, I had an interview this morning over breakfast. Not sure how it went though. They''re a very small company and I don''t think they can really afford me. They''re looking for someone to take them to the next level and when I said I could not make a decision over the next couple of days to join them full time I think the owner was a litle surprised. He''s evidently been interviewing people who are desperate to have a paycheck. At least I am not in that category and I know I need to take my time finding the next job. He did ask if I would consider coming in for the next couple of months as an independent? While it would bring extra income in I''m not sure if that''s what I''d want to do or not. At least I have time on my side.

Can''t decide whether I want to run or go to the gym this afternoon. I guess I''ll report back which option I took later. Have a great day everyone.

Curls

Rough_Rock
Went walking again last night. Did strength training exercises on Monday. And I''ve been doing about 20 minutes of stretches on both days as well. Today I''m scheduled to do all three.

I''ve been eating well also. Today there''s an event at work where they are feeding us. I brought some vegetable soup to eat before I go, and if there is nothing that is fairly healthy, I''ll just come back and eat my Lean Cuisine.

Sorry to hear so many people are having a rough time with their various problems and I hope things turn around.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/11/2006 10:36:26 AM
Author: lovelylulu
good morning workout people.

i''ve been absent from the thread for a while because of the wisdom teeth removal. it went better than i had expected. actually, on the day of the procedure, i thought that i was such a fantastically resilient healer because i had hardly any pain or swelling. i was feeling so dandy that i sent my husband back to work because i didn''t need him tending to me (which i was told by others i would). unfortunately, the next day i awoke to a fairly horribly swollen face and quite a bit of pain. oh well. cheeks have returned to a nearly normal size and the pain is pretty much a thing of the past. one thing though, the lady who i can only assume assisted in the surgery approached me as i was leaving the office with a bag containing my teeth
6.gif
''would you like to take these home with you?''
6.gif
6.gif
fortunately, i was still hazy from the anesthesia and couldn''t process just how disgusting that was. ick

i was told not to exercise for a week, but because i''m feeling alright i did pilates yesterday. i also have been taking some generous walks to compensate for the otherwise lack of movement. pilates is on the schedule tonight.
Wisdom teeth? We''re alot smarter without ''em
2.gif

Hope you''re feeling better.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
hey guys! apparently the whole "subscribe" thing is just not working for me for this thread! weird!!

anyhoo - Gala! how crappy. I SOOOO wish I worked somewhere with a gym, but I have to say I probably would have been quite rude to that little gym chica!! ick -how obnoxious!!

well, i bid on 2 ellipticals off ebay today!! didn''t win either yet -but getting closer!!

have class, then a cardio tape geared up tonight.

hope everyone is doing well!!
1.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I''m joining you guys, I''m joining!
I need something to obsess about now that the wedding planning is done, and what
a great support group you all are!
I''m training for a Thanksgiving morning half-marathon, so lots of mini work outs during the week and a long run on the weekends.
Been pretty great lately, but not so good this week.
Ran about 8 miles on Sunday (I really thought it was going to be a 10 miler, but then I drove it out in the car and it was only 8!! I could hardly believe it.)
So far this week, nothing... meant to have a rest day on Monday and then run on Tuesday, but I got caught up in yard work.
Going to plan on running 5 after work tomorrow, and then some light upper arm lifting.

Thanks in advance for letting me join!

Tybee

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all... I''ve been MIA, but I''ve been doing the same thing as usual... teaching Bootcamp, Turbo Kick, and Step classes once a week, and trying to do something fun and active with DH and the doggies on the weekends. Still haven''t heard back about my personal trainer certfication results... should be another couple of weeks.

I''m taking Thursday off from work at the gym because I''m sick. I''m being a huge baby about it too because I had already planned to take Monday and Wednesday off from school this week (a couple of my classes were cancelled) and had big shopping/hair/nail/wax/etc. plans, but instead I''ve been sick all week and spending my days off in bed
7.gif

Mara, I definitely think you (and everyone else) should take a multivitamin. It makes a huge difference in energy for me. Huge! Also FYI, for my Bootcamp class I''ve added in jump rope for the cardio, every other round, and it really kicks butt.

Have a great rest of the week yall! Glad to hear everyone is doing so well!
1.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to the after work class in my work gym today. We mainly focused on abs, and thighs/gluts and did a lot of stuff using the bosu ball thing. This is my 3rd day in a row and I''ll do yoga during lunch tomorrow so I can strech out. Also I was a little bad at lunch today...we went out for a co-workers birthday to chili''s...I did get a salad but it was the quesadilla explosion...on the plus side I left off the salad dressing so it could have been worse...it was so good. And they have a new spinach artichoke dip with pico de gallo...it looked so yummy...maybe I''ll get that on Friday to celebrate the weekend.

Lizzie,
Where do you teach your classes? Get well soon!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chilis spinach artichoke dip!!!!!!!! SUPER yummy. I am a spinarch artichoke dip whore.
30.gif

Gosh today I just feel totally out of it suddenly! I feel like I might be getting a cold..and do not feel like hitting up the gym at all. I''m currently trying to coerce friends to meet me at the mall for more shopping since Greg has rehearsal again tonite...hee hee. I may take a day off of the workout tonite. It''s not the best night to take off since I had lunch with a friend which included pad thai and a free carmelized banana and ice cream dessert...but I just feel so blah. And I know I could force myself to get to the gym but I could also use one day off too. So we''ll see!! Maybe I will power through the gym and then splurge on dinner to console myself if I don''t go shopping.

welcome tybee and welcome back Lizzie...did you see i have been doing your bootcamp once a week? i agree jumping rope is a GREAT way to cause some pain and burn some calories. hahah.

hmmm now i feel more motivated. well maybe i will hit the gym up. but maybe not.
5.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mara,

Thanks for the welcome, I''m excited to be here. I too love artichoke dip (ha ha!)

I totally did the good angel bad devil thing while reading your post. My bad devil was saying, "oh totally, take the day off, your muscles probably need it..." (probably because I''ve taken Monday, Tuesday AND Wednesday off ---bad bad bad!--but I just got my hair done, and I''d hate to sweat all over it!)

But then the good angel chimed in with, "If you get to the gym and DO something, you might feel less blah... and if you go to the gym and leave early... at least you''ve been to the gym." I think that that''s the kind of motivation I might like to hear.

I think I''m going to spend this evening stretching, something my muscles are desperate for.

Tybee

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Gee, with all the encouragement not to let Fit Twit sour me on working out, you''d think I was on my maiden voyage on the seas of slim... j/k!
9.gif
You guys are great!

I managed to get myself to a mall after work and racked up some scary $$ on a serious sports bra (a must for those of us with ''fat girl boobs'') a cheapo (relatively!) pair of runners and some cotton tees for working out. I''m still missing pants, but I''ve scheduled my housemate for a Costco trip this friday (the only day we have semi-free) for a few pairs of the wide-band waisted pants she loves so much.

So I''ve got my shirts, shoes, socks, and ''restraints''. All I need are the pants, and I am IN there!
36.gif

Speaking of being rude to Fit Ditz, I was thinking very rude thoughts but managed to remain civil, if distainful and a wee bit frosty. It was the best I could manage under the circumstances... at least the other girl who signed me openly recognized that I am not a newbie.

Dinner tonight is grilled chicken and asparagus to balance out the carb-heavy (rice) lunch I had. I used to worry that I was eating too much protein and fruit and not enough veggies and carbs (easy, if you are on a ''no refined carbs AT ALL'' diet) but I went to a naturopath who investigated it, and apparently my ratios are fine, but that I need to step down my carb intake and up my fruit intake even more! So now in addition to eating fruit at every meal, I also take this great Greens Plus-type supplement that is made with fruit, including some funky things from rainforests n'' stuff.

The hand-held stick blender is my friend.
30.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Tybee..........It''s nice to see new people joining our family here!

So, this afternoon was good and not good. The not good part was I finally had to call the company I interviewed with for 4 hours almost two weeks ago to see why the communication stopped. The news was they thought I was terrific, but they just don''t have a position appropriate to my level at this time. They could have had the courtesy to let me know without letting me send emails and thank you notes. I realize it was a shot in the dark to begin with. I mean, there never was a stated position from the beginning, but the meetings I had with 4 Senior VP''s were so positive that it seemed they were seriously going to see how they might find something for me in their organization. Oh well, on to other opportunities. Man, after 15 years it''s tough to be in the job market again.

Since I was depressed, I didn''t feel like being around a lot of people so I decided todays workout would be a nice long run. But first I went to Panera and got a Tart Cherry Scone (If you haven''t had one you HAVE to get one - SUPER YUMMY) and then I took it next door and enjoyed it with a nice cup of dark roast coffee at Starbucks. I hadn''t had that much lunch and felt I needed the carbs before my run. Then, I came home and just got lost (figuratively) in the run and ran further than I have ever run before. It was nearly 7 miles. My legs are sore, but it really felt good. I now understand the runners high. At some point you just feel that you could run forever and you feel euphoric all the sudden. It was a really nice way to end a not so great day. I had stopped at the grocery store before my run and I had one of my famous salads for dinner, yumm. And I just finished 3 pieces of dark chocolate as my treat.

Tomorrow, it''s back to the gym. This weekend we''re going away. Some of you may remember how difficult our move into the condo was. The developer, who made a mess of everything during that time, gave us a weekend at one of the nicest resorts in the St. Petersburg area as an apology. We got two nights, two one hour massages and a $400 meal allowance. So, we won''t be working out much over the weekend and we''ll be eating more than we usually do. I''m not counting calories when I have the opportunity to dine in one of the best restaurants around. I''ll make up for it next week. And, with all that''s been going on in our lives, this weekend will be a welcome relief.

Don''t feel bad if you missed the gym Mara. You''re doing so well, maybe too well and your body''s telling you it needs a little rest.

Good to see you back Lizzie and still doing your bootcamp workouts!

Keep up the good work Appletini!

To all a great Thursday!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rod,
So sorry about the job. Glad that you could use running as an outlet.
One of the reasons that I started running in the first place was to burn off frustration.
Runners'' highs really do exist!
Enjoy your trip!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww rod don''t be down about the job, they obviously don''t deserve you. but yes i hate when sometimes it seems like people can''t give you the simplest courtesy of basic communication, aka thanks you were fab but we don''t have anything for you yet. instead it''s like they can''t even take the 2 minutes. i used to hate that when seriously job hunting as well! don''t worry, you will find something wonderful. it''s tough to be a highly paid exec but i think with your drive, you will end up on top.

so i actually hit up the gym...as i was leaving work i thought gosh do i really need to spend more $$? i have been LIVING at the stores lately racking up new clothes for the new job (which funnily enough has a fairly casual dress code, so i bought too much ''nice'' stuff that i should probably return and get a few more pairs of jeans and more casual things) and the answer is a BIG FAT NO..so i figured i''ll just go to the gym. so i did, and i managed to do my 60 minutes. i actually felt tired for part of it but not too bad and i kept it at a 9 incline for most of the workout without dying..so all was well in the end. i burned 505 calories and walked 3.70 miles in 60 min. a little lower than my typical which is more like 515-575 calories but i wanted to do 400 then decided 500 so i am very happy. my legs are a bit sore though, i think they are feeling the pain of the daily workouts. they are probably in the best shape they have ever been in!!

i am jazzed because as a splurge for dinner (mostly mental) i decided to get us chicken pot pies ...frozen from marie calendars. my TOTAL weakness. i love these things...and greg loves them too. we have them once every few weeks typically but sometimes i go for a while because i know they are so bad. they are 1050 calories and like 60g of fat. but SO GOOD when made in the oven and then the last few minutes i just brown the crust on broil. so i went off to the store by the gym and was really pleased to find that they make SMALLER versions!!! i just like the plain chicken one and that is the only one they had in small. so the smaller pie is 10 oz whereas the larger is 16 oz and the smaller is 670 cals and 41g of fat...BETTER. and now i am really happy because i can pair it with a salad and it''s only 5/8 as bad as it coulda been. hehee. and this is perfect for when i want to splurge in the future but not spend 1k calories on it. woo hoo. smaller chicken pot pie! i got greg the regular size since he''s a growing boy.

tybee, lol re: the good angel bad angel! that is totally how it feels sometimes. typically my workouts are becoming more a daily thing without me having to think about going, but today i just felt really blah! it was probably all the carbs i had for lunch. hehe. also there are like 3 girls sick at work so i keep feeling like i am going to get it and right before i start my new job too. i hope not! i popped some echinacea too.

i start my new job next wed so i am just closing down my stuff at my old gig...and handing off my accounts. i''m going out with a bunch of the gals for drinks tomorrow night which should be fun, i will miss the people for sure, it''s like a little family...but sometimes a bit too much estrogen going on! then on monday, my last day, they are taking me out to lunch with another group of people who couldn''t come to drinks. so that will be a nice send off. today i went into the new office to pick up new hire paperwork, and met my other new coworker (they hired two of us with different online marketing specialties) and she and i and my boss had a nice girly chat...it will definitely be fun working with them, and my boss is finally happy to have a bit more estrogen around, since the company is like 80% men and mostly engineers! we talked a bit about what the next few weeks entail, i will definitely be busy! so just an update!

hope everyone is having a wonderful night!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rrr, I had this whole long post typed up and lost it. Anyway, Thank you to everyone who sent DH well-wishes for a quick recuperation. He is doing much better today, hopefully the trend continues...

I went to kickboxing class tonight and had a grand old time sweating and feeling rather asthmatic (just kidding, I don''t have asthma, nor do I pretend to know what it feels like, so bad humor on my part, sorry)...and I ate really well today as I am watching my cal. intake more closely again. Can''t hop off that train for too long...I am starting to notice the effects of my recent complacency, and we CAN''T have that!

DH and I go to see his old surgeon tomorrow evening...DH has expressed interest in Pilates
6.gif
, I''m keeping my fingers crossed that he''ll follow through, but i''m not going to nag. Rod once told me to be patient, and I am trying hard to do so. One of DH''s friends/fellow Bears season ticket holder talked to him about it this past weekend--apparently he''s been a victim of back problems as well and he has been practicing Pilates religiously for over a year now and swears by it as far as his back issues being almost gone. Dh and I talked tonight about changing his lifestyle and he is very open to it, and I think looking forward to joining a new gym (his YMCA is closing this fall), and doing what he needs to do as far as his part in recovery. So Heather (aka monarch) is a happy camper tonight! Yay!
36.gif

"See" you all tomorrow!
35.gif

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Mara,
Best wishes and good luck at your new job!
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Tybee: Welcome!

Rod: Sorry about the not so good job news. Awesome running distance though!

Moncarch: Good news about hubby both surgically and pilates interest!

Yesterday we went on a 3m walk around the neighborhood. It was really nice to get out and the foot handled it reasonably well. Had baked chicken, asaragus and roasted potatoes for dinner...yummy!

That''s about it in my workout world.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results