shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 8th Oct till 14th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
diver...check out www.sparkpeople.com. you can track fitness as well as nutrition, it's really easy to customize, enter in your goals etc. they chart and graph for you as well.

also wanted to say, way to go on only gaining 29 lbs during your pregnancy, that is wonderful and I don't remember reading that in the preggo thread. Congrats too on the 23.5 already lost. you'll get back to where you want to be quickly, i'm sure of it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday. Too bad tomorrow is Monday. Rats. The weekends are just way too short. My DH left for a business trip for 2 weeks. I amused myself by starting Christmas shopping this afternoon. I had 20% off at Penney’s so I bought some things on sale plus the discount made for some nice savings. Which I then used to buy myself a nice cardigan at Dillards.
1.gif
Yippee! Since my DH has been loosing weight we decided to come up with a challenge while he’s gone. If I loose 3 pounds or he looses 7 pounds we win. I decided if I win he has to cook and do dishes for the first week he’s home. I don’t know what I’ll have to do if I loose.
Mara, it sounds like you had quite a workout with the trainer. The baby shower sounds fun; I am a big sucker for regular old cake too. The brownies were great; I dropped ½ of my little one on the floor tonight so that saved me from eating all of it. I am sure you’ll look great in your bikini next week. Sorry to hear about the pit in your windshield; we’ve got about 5 in ours but they do pretty much disappear when they fill them.
Monarch, it sounds like you have lots of plans while your husband is at the game. I plan on cleaning house each night this week while hubby is gone. It sounds like you are enjoying baby shopping for your SIL. I am glad you are going to make the football gang some brownies, I am sure they’ll love them. My hubby was stunned to come home yesterday and smell brownies baking. You are lucky to not care that much about chocolate; I love it!
Skippy, I missed your post yesterday; you must have posted it about the same time I posted mine. OMG! I can’t believe you almost got run over by some oblivious jerks. That is so cool about your friend’s proposal; how romantic. I am glad your hubby took you to lunch to cheer you up. Pizza sounds marvelous; I make one about once a month. I am amazed at my ability to eat just one brownie; I don’t know how I’d do if I made homemade chocolate chip cookies though. Your bike ride sounds great – good for you riding that far.
TanDogMom, I am glad you had fun with your friends and a yummy dinner. Thanks for some ideas on the resistance band. I didn’t buy one today as they had too many to pick from and the clerks were too busy to help me. I will have my hubby help me pick one out when he gets home. They had everything from training to heavy. You were a running machine today – woo hoo!
DeeJay, I had another biscuit for supper (it warmed up pretty well in the microwave). I had some soup and thought that would go with it well. I love your husband’s card; he’s a sweetie.
Rod, it sounds like you had a marvelous weekend with some nice weather. I was thinking of “Rod doesn’t do cold” when I went to Penney’s with the temp in my car showing 34 degrees. I was glad to be wearing my Land’s End coat that is good to -10 degrees.
Kimberly, it sounds like you are having a marvelous time on your vacation. I am sure your husband will be glad when to have you come home.
PhoenixGirl, that is great you are able to get in your 5 workouts each week and are reducing the time for how long it takes you to jog a mile. Keep up the good work.
Basil, it sounds like you’ve got a busy week ahead. Your dinner sounds good. Good luck on your presentation later this week.
Divergirl, congratulations on your new baby girl.
36.gif
That is wonderful you have lost most of your baby weight already. Many people on this thread suggest using sparkpeople.com. I signed up with them this summer and really like them. Good luck getting back to working out again.
Well, have a great evening!
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday evening, in case anyone besides Marcy and me is still perusing this thread!

We got a new scale after I broke ours last week, and I love it since it's a digital one and so much easier to read. I checked in at 154.5 today, so I've not really lost anything but am maybe up half a pound which is fine with me. Lunch today was a strange combo...nothing sounded good and I ended up making Stovetop cornbread stuffing (of all things!) and had two sliced tomatos with my 1.5 cup serving of stuffing. Quick snack later on was half an acorn squash with a little butter, salt and pepper, (I must have Thanksgiving on the brain today), and dinner was a couple pieces of cheese pizza and iceberg lettuce salad I ordered for DH to have when he got home tonight.

Today I spent 6.5 hours straight cleaning the house while DH was at the Bears game. I only took breaks to check the score of the game, until the 4th quarter when there was a minute and a half left and the Bears looked like they might win, but then blew it. Vikings won 34-31, boo. DH wasn't very happy when he came home, but the good news is that he didn't bring any of the other guys in with him so my clean house didn't get messed up, lol!

I made brownies today, but something went very, very wrong. I've made them so many times before, used the same ingred., same airbake pan, etc. but it had rained last night and was sort of humid still and they turned out very flat and dense. They baked up fine, I did the toothpick test and everything, but after they had cooled for about 30 minutes they were flat as pancakes. Weird. DH ate one and I told him I thought it was the humidity, then he told me I was making excuses and that my brownies were never all that fantastic anyway.
20.gif
This is what you get from a husband who's been drinking beer since 9 a.m. and comes home at 7 p.m. Bah! I sent him downstairs to his recliner and he promptly fell asleep. Brownies are now in the trash, I have another box of mix in the cabinet and will save them for a drier day!

Marcy, why is it so much easier to clean when you're the only one in the house???? It seems like I never get enough accomplished when DH is home, I guess I feel more like spending quality time with him than getting involved in household tasks. We do like to do projects together, so that is good, but still just catching up on cleaning is most productive for me when no one else is around. I don't know what will happen if we ever have children, I guess I will have to send them all to the park or something!

Tomorrow's my Sunday, I need to run errands and pick up some things to supplement my fall/winter wardrobe (black tights, and a pair or two of lower-heeled shoes for work), maybe I'll get a pedicure, and grocery shopping. I cleaned out the fridge today and scrubbed it out (haven't done that in waaaay too long, yucko), so now I need to replenish--right now the fridge looks like a bachelor lives here with only juice, coke, and lunchmeat and condiments inside! But it's sparkling CLEAN!

See you all Monday!
35.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi Diver!
I rigged my running shoes to work with my ipod thingy using some strong velcro. Worked pretty well except one time it fell off and I had to go look for it. There are also things online for like $6 to better rig up your current shoes. I go through shoes often, but Nike doesn''t work very well for me so I have to do the jerry rigging thing! I like myfooddiary.com to track both food and exercise (it is $9/mo). I was on a new site today mapmyrun.com and it had a place to track workouts too, which I think is free. I couldn''t really get into sparkpeople but I think it is free, so that''s nice. Good luck getting back into shape I''m sure it wont take you long at all!

Thanks everyone who said hey - Mara, Rod, Monarch, Skippy, Marcy, sorry if I''ve missed anyone! Rod it would have been fun to jog w/ you in Raleigh! Your running path in Tampa sounds wonderful. I wish we had some water to run near here! Just some plain old rain would be good right about now - major drought.

Gotta run, hope everyone has a great week!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, your luncheon choice sounds unusual but probably was very good. I like our digital scale, I can even see the big old numbers without my glasses or contacts. Yeah for cleaning your house and then keeping it clean since the football gang didn’t come over. Sorry to hear you brownies didn’t turn out very well, I wonder if the mix was old and the baking powder or soda didn’t work well. When my husband was a weekend warrior I had the best time having a clean house all weekend. On golf days in the summer, I get a ton of cleaning done. During the winter when he’s home it is tough. I think my problem is he’ll find things for us to do, or he is watching TV or playing a PS2 game and doesn’t like me walking back and forth in front of the TV, and I’m less motivated when he is goofing off and I am working. Enjoy your sparkling clean refrigerator and have fun on your day off tomorrow. I have errands to run at lunch too. I washed one of my husband’s wool pants tonight. I could smell it though and at least didn’t stick it in the dryer. I hope I didn’t shrink them; they were a little pricey but I am dropping them off at the dry cleaners to get them pressed.
TanDogMom, we had a ton of rain here yesterday and they are expecting rain / snow tonight. I will try to send some rain your way. I am so not ready for winter to return but at least I have a lot of warm clothes to help try to keep me toasty.
Hi MrsSalvo!
See you all tomorrow!
35.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TDM: glad your run went well today...could you please explain when you get a chance what shoes you are wearing that adapt to the ipod thingie? LOL. I was considering buying the Nikes a month or so ago so I could use my ipod with them but I'm like you, in the past Nikes have not worked well for me, I'm more of an Adidas girl because they fit my wide feet better.

Marcy: I didn't use baking powder or soda to make the brownies, they're just a Betty Crocker classic fudge mix from a box and all you have to add is 1/4 cup water, 2/3 cup veg. oil, and 2 eggs. I measured precisely, and the mix looked like it always does when I spread it in the airbake pan I always use, but I did notice that it took a little longer to bake than normal, I had to bake them an extra 6 minutes or so until the toothpick came out clean. Then I let them cool for about 1/2 hr. and put the lid on them...wonder if it was the humidity in the air or did I put the lid on too soon? Maybe I put the lid on too soon, I usually just drape cheesecloth over them so they don't get random germs on them. Hmm, what do you think? Oh, and I love the digital scale also for the same reason you do, I can read it in the morning before I put my contacts in!!! It's great not to have to squint and guess like I did with our former analog scale!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome back diver! i asked about the nike shoes that go with the ipod thingie at my last visit to the running shoe store but they really didn't recommend them. and i am not a huge nike shoe fan either, i used to use them but when i was walking so much i was having some pain, and i am so much happier since i got fitted for shoes at the running store and i ended up with mizunos. and they sell the ipod shoes there but they just don't really recommend them. keep us posted!

aww monnie sorry the brownies didn't come out right. i had no idea that humidity could affect them like that! i know some recipes that i have seen where you fold the dry into the wet or vice versa it's best to not overmix them because then it whips the air out of them so that they end up too dense vs fluffy. so i try not to overmix anything now really just in case!!

burrito for dinner was super yummy. this place is super fresh cal mex...so they use cilantro green rice, pinto beans, marinated chicken breast, jack and cheddar cheese and whole wheat tortilla. i add a ton of fresh salsa too. yummy. for dessert i had a slice of pumpkin chocolate bread and my little bowl of slow churned.

monnie i saw your Q in the other thread, i think you can add flaxseed meal to the bread...but it might change the consistency of the bread a bit. i have read that flaxseed meal, while to me seems more like a bran or similar...apparently is subbed for butter in some recipes?? so i guess it adds a bit of moisture? so i don't know how that would affect the bread. the way i made it...the bread came out REALLY moist which is fine with me but it's more cupcakey consistency than bread. so next time i might use a bit less milk and applesauce and see what happens. but i do like it moist too. it's just different consistency. yay for a clean house.

for tracking, i use fitday...but i also like sparkpeople for some of it's perks as well. i checked out dailyplate.com which i really like in terms of how complete their database is...but you have to pay for the better version to get the same perks that fitday and sparkpeople have so i just deal with a less complete database for free. hehee.

anyhow, nite all!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, I would think the mix would already have the BP or BS and I know they get old but it is so hard to say why they turned out that way. They are hard to judge when they are done baking too. Rats. It is the thought that counts, right?

Mara, you can count me in on not liking Nikes either. I drop my Ipod enough without having any help. Tee hee.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results