shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 8th Oct till 14th Oct

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DeeJay, you are a doll but I couldn't read anything icky. My poor mom wanted me to help her get her earring through her ear this morning and it looked a little closed and she told me to force it; I couldn't. I am such a wimp when it comes to booo boos and stuff. I hope you heal well. Yay tomorrow is your last day!!! You have one of the most upbeat happy go lucky personality's so I am sure you are a fantastic full time realtor! Hip Hip Horray for Dee!!! Oh btw, thanks for the kudos!

Jeff, thanks for the cute cute post on stress reduction. I was less stressed after reading your post
9.gif

TanDogMom, I hope they figure out what is going on w/you. How frustrating!!! What happens if you don't exercise as much? I do really feel for you. Maybe you need to eat more or different sort of foods? More protein and veggies?? Just thinking out loud here. I am losing weight slow too; for me I think it is because I am getting older; I use to lose weight fast before, grrrr.

Aljdewey!!! Yay for hubby. I think it is tougher for woman to lose weight then men. Dang those men, seriously. Why couldn't we lose like men. Kudos on the 14 miles; wowzers that is awesome!

ChinaCat, I posted the recipe in the WW receipe thread for ya. Yay for doing a marathon. When will it be? Okay, we can have a pity party together for the bloated feel. hehee
2.gif
ETA: the recipe is easy and it is great because it makes a lot so it nice to freeze and eat it on a cold evening.

Mara, you lean mean muscle machine thanks for the kudos!

Rod, reading your posts always make my day. I usually see something cute you post for me so big hug for your kind words; they keep me motivated!! Don't work too hard; I hope your days are too long. Kudos for getting a workout in; that rocks!
Tdiddy, oops, I put a recipe for both you and Chinacat!! I love it because it is full of fiber and good for ya; I love it with extra sharp cheddar. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! WHOOOO HOOO for a run and the elliptical!!! eek, I will be 32 in Dec.

Marcy, you are too cute! Guess who says rats now?! I never say rats but I picked it up from you. hehe Sorry about the comet. Are those cupcakes good or dry? I was tempted to buy them but then thought they probably were on the dry side???

Monnie, yippee for a nice long walk! I love walks; they feel so cleansing for some reason. Very mind clearing for me.

Jas, good to see ya and whooo hooo for the 1lb! Go girlfriend!!!!!!

I plan to walk this evening. I met a friend for lunch and had a nice big healthy salad and cup of chicken noodle soup! I had half a roll. I have no clue what to make for dinner tonight but Lorelei the salmon turned out great; we had it with brocolli and rice. BTW I am making a cute denim tote w/a flower pattern pocket; it is more of sling tote. I hope it turns out cute! Have a fantastic day!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
China, I didn''t take the photo, I found it online...I am desperate for fall and it''s been in the 80s and DRY where I live so I''m incorporating it into my world in any way I can (avatar, doing red highlights in my hair, wearing brown, etc.).

Not much to report this evening, I''m very sleepy. John made stuffed peppers for dinner.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Now I have something to report, J and I just went on a 45 minute walk, it was very nice and felt great.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a really rough night last night, and hardly had any sleep. grrrrrrrrr, it was one of those nights where you just sort of almost fall asleep, but then you don't and then you worry about why you can't fall asleep, so it makes it harder and harder to ever get to sleep. I was still awake at nearly 4 AM, so I was a dragging puppy today for sure.

And, it was a really long day and we didn't get out of the office until almost 6:30, so I just didn't have the energy to hit the gym tonight. So I twisted Charlie's arm to have a diner dinner instead. He had maui fish over rice dish and I had a fresh grouper sandwich. Yumm. I also had a side caesar salad and cup of beef vegetable soup. We then walked around the corner for some Frozen Yogurt and came right home. I didn't even want to sit under the oak tree and have a cup of coffee tonight. Nope, didn't want to have anything that might keep me awake in any way.

So, nothing on the fitness front to report for me today. But, we'll make up for it tomorrow night at the gym and I'll likely work out even harder since I missed today.

Happy Birthday Tdiddy!! 30 huh? So, I'm like old enough to be your dad. LOL. I'm probably old enough to be dad to many of you young'uns!! (Skippy, Mara, Kimberly, DeeJay, Jas and the list goes on I'm sure). But then even though I'm just three months from turning 53, I know I don't look like too many men my age. And for that I'm pretty grateful.

I forgot to mention that at the gym last night one of the young "uber" guys came up to me and asked me to spot him while he bench pressed some horribly heavy weights. And while I was spotting him, he commented that he noticed how hard I work when I'm in the gym and then he wanted to know if I was like in my 40's!!!!!!! That made my evening for sure. He was pretty surprised to hear I'm nearly 53. And it was also a nice thing for him to ask me to spot him doing weights as typically you only ask someone to spot you know is capable of lifting the weight should you falter.

Anyway, I'm truly beat. I'll have a gym eppisode to report on tomorrow night. I sure hope I sleep better tonight.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I walked 4 miles tonight. It was great, the clouds were fushia, pink, salmon and peach. The sky was a gorgeous blue and the sunset was amazing. It was fun to see people put out their halloween/fall decorations. Oh I do have to add that I went over to my parents house and my mom makes the YUMMIEST homemade tortillas. She made them fresh and she tried to give me some but I turned them down because knowing me I would have eaten several of those yummy baby's! It was tough but I resisted.
16.gif
She gave me apples from a local orchard so I took some with me.

Kimi, yay for coming back to report you walked for 45 mins, whoo hoo!

Rod, sweetie, I hope you sleep well tonight. I hate when I don't sleep. You don't look 53; in fact you remind me of my MD friend. You both are the same age and he is super fit; he climbed Mt. Rainer and he is all muscle.

Marcy, where are you sunshine? Mara superwoman?

ChinaCat and Tdiddy, if you wanted to make the black bean soup a little naughty you could probably had some bacon
31.gif

I ended up eating black bean soup for dinner (hmm, the power of suggestion. hehee) and an apple.

ETA: Basil don't work to hard!

Sweet dreams all
24.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all-

Sorry I''ve been MIA for the past few days. Without going into boring detail, things have been pretty crazy at work. I did make it to the gym on Monday, worked last night and then didn''t get home today til 1, yet hadn''t slept. So no workout today either. Now I''m going back to sleep, I''m hopeful for a workout tomorrow depending on what time I get done. I have a presentation coming up that needs work, so we''ll see.

Job > sleep > workout, such is my life right now
20.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the birthday greetings everyone! I had a great day - 2 of my best friends took me to lunch and dinner, another sent flowers, and i haven''t even done my family bday celebration yet. That''s sunday so this bday "party" is a little stretched out. And my fiance and i are celebrating friday and he swears i will love his gift, so i still have some fun to look forward to.

I have to confess I skipped my workout today and indulged in a bday treat of the most devine carrot cake with warm cream cheese icing EVER! I split it with another person so I didn''t feel too guilty. For lunch I ate a turkey burger....and a few cheese fries
11.gif
. For dinner I had rotisserie chicken and a little bit of mashed potatoes. So I feel like I got a good celebration in without too much damage.

Have a great Thursday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I went shopping at lunch today (more to try on earrings than look for clothes) and I walked in to the plus size store and thought – I don’t think any of this will fit me anymore. It all looked so big. I have some money left on a gift card there so thought I’d see if there was anything I wanted. It’s funny how just recently I am starting to notice how big those clothes are compared to what I am wearing. It’s a good feeling but I hate to loose the money I have on my GC.
I decided to upgrade my diamond studs for Christmas. I have 2 pair, a WG PC from a B&M in the mall so I went to see their ¾ ct today. I could see they were cloudy and included through the case as Jas so eloquently put it – “ewwww”. I don’t think I’ll upgrade to them. My YG are RB and I will upgrade them in Denver; I guess I don’t really need 2 pairs of diamond studs. Of course, I know you are all a sympathetic crowd that I can count on saying “sure you do”. Ha Ha.
Jas, I am so excited to hear you lost another pound. Congratulations!
Kimberly, sounds like you really cut back at dinner. Sorry to hear about the scale and your body being unkind. I am sure chasing around from kids today helped in all of the above. I am glad to hear your friend’s baby went home. Your fall leaves are very pretty.
ChinaCat, LOL about your scale knowing you associate with the likes of us who would do harm to scales. Ha Ha. Sorry to hear it’s paying you back for hanging out with us; this too shall reverse itself though.
Skippy, sorry to hear you are loosing weight slowly, it seems to be really creeping along for me now too. Grrr is right! I so agree that it is easier for men to loose weight. My husband can drop 10 pounds without batting an eye. Too funny you are saying “rats” now.
1.gif
The comet will brighten over the next couple of weeks so I should be able to find it. Those cupcakes are moist; the frosting actually seems a little melty so I keep them in the freezer. I like the chocolate ones the best; the yellow are good too though. They are sure small though but at least there is filling inside like a real Hostess cupcake. Mmm to having chicken noodle soup for lunch. Kudos for passing on your mom’s yummy tortillas. My mom bakes all the time but since she’s been on WW for a few years she doesn’t bake as much or finds ways to make things less fattening. I got home from school late tonight then had several papers to grade. I am glad you missed me.
Rod, sorry to hear you had a rough night. After about 4 am I start getting stressed I am going to be so tired and keep watching the clock. Aak! That is a great compliment from the guy in the gym. Woo hoo!
Basil, I hope you get rested up. Take care of yourself.
Tdiddy, yeah for stretching your birthday out through the weekend. Your treats today sound divine. I can’t wait to hear what presents you get.
DeeJay, I hope your scar is better today.
Take care! Tomorrow night my mom and I am going to a Taste of Home Cooking demonstration. I am going walk around repeating this myself “no samples, Marcy”.
Laters!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all! just a quick update before my laptop battery dies for the evening hehee. i was reading during the day but i had a ton of meetings today! today was a typical weekday. went hiking with my girlfriend after work..we did our 5 miles in an hour and a half...and it wasn't even dark yet when we were done, yay.

breakfast was cream of wheat with brown sugar, and toast with light butter, yummy!! def a treat even if no one else agrees. hehe. snack was just 1/2 a kashi go lean crunchy granola bar, lunch was chicken breast with dijon on a la tortilla factory wrap..and roasted asparagus. snack was a nonfat sugar free vanilla iced latte and a pack of 100 cal oatmeal choco chip cookies from TJ's. and 1/2 an apple, and a handful of almonds. then for dinner i made us grilled turkey & cheese sandwiches with 2% cheddar slices, light high fiber wheat bread, and sliced peppered turkey...and roasted red pepper tomato soup. so yummy! for dessert i had a treat...a vitalicious double chocolate muffin top heated up in the micro and then put some mocha almond fudge light gelato on top..with fat free whipped. TASTY!!! best of all i am only at my 1600 cals today, so perfect!

i weighed myself yesterday and i am maintaining which is awesome...if that is the case then hopefully i am gaining muscle with all my resistance and weight training, and burning fat yet not actually weighing more. hopefully! hehe. i think that my trainer will test me again in another month or so.

anyhow, hope everyone had a great day...sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. rod sorry to hear you had a bad night of sleep, hope you sleep well tonite. tdiddy yummy for carrot cake!! skippy i love homemade tortillas, good for you on willpower, lady!

everyone else, enjoy your evening...the weekend is almost here!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, I''ll agree with you buttered toast sounds good for BF. Tee hee. Yeah for maintaining your weight and gaining muscle. Woo hoo for great results from your workouts. It was sure a pretty night here too. I walked the long way to my car after class to be out enjoying the nice evening. Your chocolate muffin sounds great; I need to pick up some of the free whipped topping. I love fruit on pancakes and waffles but have avoided it since cool whip and CW lite are so fattening.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More weights tonight, still no treadmill but I am trying not to sweat it. It could have been the best thing that happened to my workout as it forced me to try the weights! So I am planning on ellipticising ( Rod!) and doing some weights after.
16.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon All!

It''s the end of my week, hooray! I''m headed to N.CA tomorrow to visit with friends, and I''m so excited!

I worked today, and confiscated my first note that had a negative reference about me in it. So funny.

John is making chicken stir fry for dinner of some sort. Sounds yummy. We went for a 3m walk this afternoon, its'' beautiful out and was really nice.

~K

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Walk/jogged 4 miles tonight!
9.gif
I went to WW today and I was up 1/2lb; it may be because it is ttom. I am not going to fret; thens when I start the yo yo. I am going to keep trucking along. Today at WW there was one lady who lost 95 lbs and the leader lost 105 lbs. It was pretty amazing because I couldn't imagine them as big people (I guess what I am saying I wouldn't have known that if they didn't disclose that info); they looked great and it was pretty inspiring to see them irl!

Tomorrow we have to be up and ready at 5 am for the Balloon Fiesta; I am so excited and I will post pics if you don't mind!
9.gif

Mara, yippee for maintaining that is awesome! Maintaining is the hardest; lots of people make it to their goal weight and have a hard time staying there so that is very inspiring!

Tdiddy, glad you had a great birthday and treated yourself to half a carrot cake, kudos!

Marcy, give me big clothes bug if you get tired of losing. hehee I won't mind having to buy new ones.

Lorelei yay for weights Miss Buff!

Kimi, it is gorgeous here too; I love the cooler air. Whoo hoo for your walk and have a safe trip up to N. CA!

Happy Thursday evening all!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening Campers!!

It was another loooong day. I''m afraid with my new responsibilities I can probably look forward to the long days continuing. At least I have a good job in a place I''m comfortable, living where I want to live, so Rod will not complain.

Yes, I slept well last night. I was sleeping so well, I had trouble getting up this morning, but I still managed to get to work on time. I am not, nor will I ever be a morning person. I''m not a late night person either. I figure I have one really great hour a day and that''s sometime between 2 PM and 4 PM. LOL

I got to the gym a little later than I like, but I did my full 2.5 hour workout and pushed really hard. I got the good elliptical (funny how out of over 20 ellipticals at our gym, there are only a few I really like), so my 35 intense minutes were a bit more pleasurable. I had one of those Healthy Choice Steamer Bowls for dinner. It was Beef Merlot. I don''t know how that much food only amounted to 220 calories, as it was quite filling and tasty. Of course I had three squares of Lindt Dark Chocolate afterwards. I still love my dark chocolate!!

Mara, good for you continueing to maintain your weight and build muscle. Surely then, you''re still losing body fat, though from where who would know. You''re already a lean machine there girl! I finally weighed myself this morning and was pleased to see no weight gain for me either.

Kimberly have a nice time visiting your friends in NC. It should be really pretty there right now with the fall colors in full swing.

Marcy, go for the two pairs of studs. There, now you can tell hubby everyone on the forum thinks you must have two pairs of diamond studs, but most certainly not cloudy ewww ones!

Skippy, 4 miles two nights in a row, you go girl!!! Sorry you''re up 1/2 pound, but you know that''s nothing to be concerned about. Funny story. After my workouts, I usually sit in the sauna for about 5 minutes. Tonight, there was just this big muscle guy and me. Out of the blue he asks me if I eat Chinese food. And I commented that I haven''t in a long long time since I read how much sodium and fat there is. And he said he was just beside himself because two nights ago he ate at PF Chang and two days later he''s up like 6 pounds. Can you imagine all of the sudden the scale showing a 6 pound gain? He was obviously upset over this. So, I got two things from that. "Uber" guys are just as concerned about weight as us less ''uber'' folks. And two, I''m glad I still avoid Chinese food. LOL Thanks for worrying about me not sleeping dear Skippy!

Lorelei, I hope you enjoy "ellipticising." Is that treadmill ever going to not be ''pahnts?"

Glad you had a great bday Basil and it''s nice it''s going to go through the weekend. You''ll have to report what Fiance gave you that he knows you will be so excited about. I wonder if it might sparkle??

That''s about the news from our side of the planet. Tomorrow''s Friday, YAYAYAYAYAY! It''s Sushi, Frozen Yogurt and Sbucks under the oak tree night. And this time, we will be able to sit under the tree, as the first cool air of the season (well somewhat cool air) made it through Tampa later this afternoon. Tomorrow is supposed to be just a beautiful day with much cooler temps and virtually no humidity. It''s about time!!

Sleep well everyone......

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rod, I am glad you slept well! Hope you have sweet dreams and whooo hooo for sushi and yogurt tomorrow! Great job on the uber 2.5 hr workout. Wowzers! Gosh, PFChang''s can be naughty; poor guy. I try not to eat out because you never know if they cook things w/extra oil or stuff. Tomorrow we are going out to eat w/neighbors after the balloon fiesta so I am going to get hubby to share something w/me even though he doesn''t know that yet.
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!!!

rod, if your sauna buddy had one of the PF changs dessert then chances are he could have gained 1 lb but not 6!! but yeah some of their desserts are something like 2500 calories! crazy. i have never eaten there actually and i feel like i'm not missing much hahaa. we only have one chinese place we go to because it's awesome but i am sure like every other chinese place it's packed with sodium and fat.

yay for 4 miles two days in a row skippy!!! that nasty 1/2 lb will be long gone soon.

lol kim about confiscating the note...kids can be so funny!

today was my day off from workouts. i had a busy workday...had lunch with a friend, we went to a yummy vietnamese fusion place near work for lunch. i got the ahi tuna club which i LOVE at this place, it has thick bacon, seared ahi tuna, aioli herb mayo and lettuce and tomato on bread. i ate like 1/2 the bread and all the rest of the stuff basically. typically i don't like mayo but when it's mixed with herbs i like it much better esp on sandwiches. and i was proud of myself because this place has yummy garlic fries but i got steamed veggies on the side instead. i actually asked the guy to just make me a handful of fries, but he told me that they would just make a whole serving and toss the rest in the trash if they didn't give it to me (don't ask..i was like what?! they can't just make 10 fries in the fryer?!?!) so i said well nevermind i dont need them anyway, steam me some veggies. so that was much better! then we had a long meeting and my coworker had gone to yahoo! where her hubby works, for lunch and they always have fun purple candies and things around there so she snagged us a bunch of stuff...like purple gummy bears, purple gumballs. so we snacked on those during the meeting, hehee.

after work i met some old coworkers for drinks at this other vietnamese fusion place..hung out in the lounge and gabbed. enjoyed a vodka lemongrass mojito and we shared their yummy pommes frites with aioli and a chicken satay with peanut sauce dish. after a few hours, came home...had a bowl of cereal and ff milk and now am hanging on the couch watching TV with greg and portia. the funny thing is that even though i ate out 2 meals today and had the candy, because i just had cereal for 'dinner' i am within my ideal cals range for the day still.

tomorrow is friday, woo hoo!! i'm doing gym after work and then greg and i are checking out this new thai place cor dinner that just opened near our house, within walking distance! it's super cute inside and has been crowded so we are excited to try it. hope everyone is looking fwd to friday....!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening WWTr''s!!!
35.gif
Tomorrow''s Friday, you all must be excited to be nearly finished with the work week!

I''ve been MIA on this thread most of the week but have been catching up here and there when I can...so I''m not neglecting my WWT friends, just flying under the radar, so to speak. DH has been feeling under the weather the past couple days fighting some sort of bug, and I''ve been working and then coming home to raise his spirits a bit, he''s just been in kind of a funk and not feeling good. Work is going well and we are busy, busy, busy preparing for the holidays already and for a couple events we have coming up this month and next, so I''ve been focusing this week on getting more cals in during the day by bringing my lunches of soups and salads and not flying by Subway and scarfing instead (thanks Kim!). I feel really good overall, being on my feet all day is getting better and I''ve learned which shoes will keep me going all day without sitting down for more than 10 min. in 8 hours and also keeping my energy levels up by making time to eat breakfast before I leave for work, then lunch at 1 or 2, then a reasonable dinner when I get home.

The past two nights I''ve managed to come home, relax for about 15 minutes, and then get into some comfies (workout pants and a tee) and do about 20 min. worth of ExerciseTV workouts, yoga and dance, then I''ve done 10 min. of arm workouts, take a quick shower and then relax with the doggies and DH and then grab a bite to eat...DH usually eats before I get all that out of the way so sadly we don''t sit down at the table together as much anymore but it''s working out for both of us and is ok.

Still on the lookout for a new car...but in no rush really, waiting for the right thing to come along and not stressing about it too much so I don''t make any hasty decisions.

Just going to respond to this particular page within the thread, so here goes:

Kimi: glad you have a great hubby who cooks for you when you''re exhausted at the end of a long day, and kudos for getting workouts in even though you''re tired! Read any good books lately? I just finished Tenth-something by Jodi Piccoult, it was a great one again, I love her style of writing. Btw, love your fall avatar, I keep forgetting to mention that!
Rod: I hear you on the sleep-deprivation thing...DH and I stayed up way too late this past Tuesday night and we both had a heck of a time falling asleep last night, it was like we were SO tired last night that sleep wouldn''t come, but fortunately I didn''t have to go into work until noon today and DH just had a local lunch meeting so we got to sleep in. But yesterday when we both had to be up early was hard for both of us. Good thing we don''t have children yet to take care of early mornings, or we''d have been in trouble!! Glad you''re more rested tonight and have the weekend close now to look forward to, hope you and Charlie get to sleep in a bit then and enjoy some leisure time together at S-bucks!
Skippy: can''t wait to see your pics from the Balloon Fiesta, I love hot air balloons! I remember my brother loved them as much as train sets as a kid, and I also remember when a balloon landed on one of my parents'' pastures once, it was so cool! So share, share, share the pics, I''d love to see them and I''m sure everyone else will too!
Mara: You''re doing great, maintaining imo is the hardest thing...I am always fluctuating up and down but this year I''ve decided there''s no room for me going back to a larger size and have consequently given away my size 12''s and am starting to get rid of some 10''s, that way I don''t have a mental voice saying "you can always fall back on your ''fat'' pants" anymore. You are a huge inspiration since you''ve started keeping up with this thread and we''ve seen your progress physically and mentally, so thanks for that...I really enjoy reading your posts and feel I gain some insight from them as well!
Lorelei: glad to hear the weights are "working out" for you, even if your treaddie is still not available. I''m all for strength training, I love what it does for my arms and I like doing leg workouts while holding weights as well, it really seems to help with toning.

OK, that''s all I have for tonight..."see" you all tomorrow! Have a great Friday everyone!!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monarch, I hope DH feels better soon. Good idea to take your lunch with you; that way you can plan ahead what you are going to eat. That is great you are taking time out of your busy day to do some exercise. I hope you get rested up too.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/12/2007 1:15:26 AM
Author: marcyc
Monarch, I hope DH feels better soon. Good idea to take your lunch with you; that way you can plan ahead what you are going to eat. That is great you are taking time out of your busy day to do some exercise. I hope you get rested up too.
Thanks marcy! I always appreciate your kind words, you are such a good cheerleader!!! I''ve really been trying to be a "good girl" as far as making sure I get enough cals during the day since I posted last week saying that I wasn''t sure I was taking premium care of myself. This thread is so good for reminding me of that, and it''s amazing how much care people put into their posts re. others and their health and well-being. I am so glad you joined this thread, you''re an inspiration as most others are here, and I love coming here at the end of the day and relating! YOU are doing so well also...thanks for keeping us posted on your progress, etc. I look forward to reading your posts every day! Take care!
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning everyone. I am so excited; I lost another 8/10 pound so now I am minus 128. Yippee!!!

Monarch, thank you very much for the kind words about me. I am so glad I joined this thread too; I love how much help and support we get from each other. It is something I look forward to every night coming in here and seeing how everyone is doing and hear about their day.

Have a great Friday.
36.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All,

Monnie, so sorry hubby isn''t feeling too hot. Not fun! Ya know, I''ve been so busy between school, work and babysitting that reading hasn''t been something I''ve done much of. I have 2 500 page text books for the class I am currently in and they have sorta zapped my reading up, which sucks because it''s my favorite escape. I need to pick up some easy reading material, perhaps I can do that at the airport today. Fluff is sometimes a great brain break.

Marcy, congrats on more lost weight! You''re my hero.

Rod, that''s so funny about suana guy. At my last job the girls all loved to go to P.F. Changs for lunch, yuck! It''s really not yummy and if I were going to eat Chinese that would not be my choice of restaurant.

Mara, the note was hysterical. She drew me with devil horns. Gotta love kids and their crazy imaginations.

So the scale was finally a bit nice to me. This weekend will be interesting. Tonight I''m going out to dinner with girlfriends. Tomorrow I''m cooking (for the friend who had the baby and her family) and Sunday night another friend is making dinner. I''m glad I won''t be eating out every evening. Breakfast will be at the hotel and lunch, well I can probably just skip it or snack to keep my cals down, we shall see.

I''ll have my laptop for school so I''ll check in, but just in case, have a wonderful weekend all!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod I am beginning to think the treadmill will be "pehmanently pahnts" before much longer....
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
Having said that, I have made lemonade out of the lemon of my pantsy treadmill and had a great workout last night
3.gif
I did my 50 mins ellipticising and then some weights after! I also had a whey shake when I had finished and my Hubby rolls on the floor laughing...I am only trying to get a little extra nourishment, meanie he is! He thinks everything I do is hilarious anyway
emembarrassed.gif

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Marcy, you are a weight-losing machine! 128 pounds is amazing!

Happy belated birthday, Tdiddy! Hope you enjoyed your treat!

Skippy, way to mix up your workout! I used to love biking until I dislocated my elbow in a crash--now it's just walking for me. I discovered a great path down by the river by my apartment, and I plan to go for a walk down there tonight. So excited to have found a place away from the road!

Kimberly (can I call you Kimi?), way to go for a walk even when you're tired! Enjoy your visit to your friends!

ChinaCat, good for you for attacking a marathon! I don't even think I'd want to walk one...

Basil, I totally understand your work/sleep/exercise imbalance. Grad school is really getting the best of me. Hang in there!

Dee*Jay, Mara, and other Pickers Anonymous--my husband is the same way! Nothing makes a girl feel beautiful than her husband insisting he pop the newest zit on her face until it's all red and infected...
20.gif
Glad it worked out for you, Dee*Jay!

Lorelei, so glad you're enjoying the weights! I wish I could find my other dumbbell--my workouts take twice as long when I can't work both arms at the same time! I think it got shuffled around in the move.

Rod, enjoy your Friday! Thanks about your advice about the ideal weight before--your comments were most definitely welcome!

Monarch, good to hear you're still finding time to exercise! Good luck with the car search! I bring my lunch a lot of days, too--do you have any advice on easy lunches to pack?

Hope I didn't forget anyone! I'm really looking forward to my walk tonight--I'll check in later with my pedometer results. Happy Friday!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - I missed that Marcy had lost 128 pounds!!!

You rock Marcy!!!!!!!!!

23yip.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all...it's cold, gray, and rainy here. normally i'd like it but i have to go to work, blah!!! and i feel like i have been slowly getting a cold all week. or it's trying or something. hopefully it will either go away for good this wkd or just come and get me so that i can get it out of the way before our mexico trip!! but yeah would rather it DIDNT get me as who wants to be sick. hehe.

marcy, congrats on 128 lbs, that is so amazing!! you should definitely write into People and see if they will feature you next year if they do an issue similar to the one they did this year! hehe.

kim...i hear ya on the interesting and busy weekend. now that i am reading this intuitive eating book, i am starting to slowly see if i can mentally adopt some of the principles. i find that even though i typically think that i have a pretty healthy attitude towards food, i don't always. like for example even though i can think 'oh well if i have a bad day, i don't just throw my work out the window and eat crappy all day' and the truth is i really don't do that...very often. but some days i DO let that kind of thinking overtake me. and then of course the next day i am like DAMN. sometimes i catch myself thinking that way and i quickly give myself a correction. kind of like a dog being zapped with a tazer. hehee. like yesterday i thought oh gosh i ate these candies and i had gumballs and i had lunch out...but then i stopped and thought hey...my lunch out was quite healthy and i had like 5 gummy bears. and 3 gumballs and a handful of caramel popcorn. so yeah some sugar but it's not like i consumed 500 cals in snacks. so it helped me kind of reign in the thinking of 'oh well i'll just go to town at drinks and dinner because i'm already in the hole'. but also i don't want to feel deprived. so i had some fries and 2 chicken satays and a drink and that was it. but yeah still working on my cognitive thinking skills. i think it's almost always a work in progress. but what has really helped me i think is seeing the history of my transformation. like i lost all the weight, then had a struggle maintaining, gained some of it back...struggled to get that off, wasn't really working the old way anymore since my body was probably entirely different at that point. so i ended up employing new methods to try to refine my body...like burning some of the fat and building muscle instead, seeing the trainer, adding new things in...and probably most importantly, accepting that i would have good days and bad days and some 2-3 bad days in a row streaks. and look, here i am!! still within the ~3 lb range of where i want to be, still wearing my clothes that i love, still feeling good, even better than before. but anyway, i feel like almost every day i do learn something new about myself and how i can sustain this new lifestyle long term, being the food lover that i seriously am.

also in this book it talks about understanding that you CAN have foods you want at any time. that you CHOOSE not to vs you CAN'T. while that sounds like 'oh yeah totally' so fundamental, i think sometimes our brains sabotage us so where we think we think like that but we really don't. so we think we are making the choice but in reality it's our inner guilt making the choice so it's really a can't vs a choice. i catch myself thinking sometimes oh well i am going to be over by XYZ i could get a frosted mocha or whatever. and then i think well why am i thinking that? like 3 hours before i go over there. do i even want one? or is it just because i'm over by there and i could have one. chances are i won't get it if i catch myself thinking like that because i'm forcing myself to be more aware of my reasoning behind it. do i want to TASTE it. or just because i CAN. two totally diff reasons.

wow rambling now and look at all this inane chatter coming out of me at 7:45am in the morning. anyhow...YAY for all of us. we can do it. and make it work long term! how's that for an encapsulation. monnie i'm glad that after me being here so long that you still find me somewhat inspiring hehee. i find everyone here inspiring in one way or another, i think we all have our plusses for sure and we can all still learn from each other.

oh and kimi i would have laughed if i saw myself drawn with devil horns and said something like 'caught on quickly didn't you' . hehee but not sure if the kids would get the humor.

monnie, i'm glad to hear you are starting to fall into a routine and pattern with your new job that is more tolerable. and yes, eat more woman!! weight loss is good when you want it, but weight 'falling off' you when you aren't trying too hard could quickly become a problem, so just be sure to eat more of the right things and sounds like your body can take care of itself.

hope everyone is having an enjoyable friday gearing up for the weekend. lorelei i will keep my fingers crossed the treddie becomes something other than pants soon....but you can always use it for pushups and weight resistance in the meantime. not sure how but you can experiment, lol!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all if you haven't read already in "Hangout" where I post most of my balloon pics we were up at the balloon fiesta at 5 am and it was in the low 40's buuuuuurrrrrr.
14.gif
We did a lot of walking and enjoyed all the fun shaped balloons! You will be proud of me and hubby; we didn't eat any of those naughty big breakfast burritos nor donuts. Then I came home and took a nap. Then we went with our neighbors to lunch and spent 2 hours at lunch chit chatting. They were telling us about their cruise they are going on for 32 days to the South Pacific (Bora Bora and other islands). I am very excited for them because they are so sweet! Then we came home and I went for another 4 mile walk.
9.gif
(you guys keep me going and are so inspiring reading about your workouts and weight loss)!!!

Mrs. Salvo are you going hiking tomorrow? Have a lovely hike. I am taking my 1 yr old nephew for a walk in his stroller since my parents are babysitting tomorrow.

Mara, whooo hooo for 5 miles miss super hiker! thanks for the kudos on my walking

Rod, hope sushi was wonderful! thanks for the kudos on my walking

Kimi, hope you are having a wonderful time in N. CA!

Monnie, I hope your hubby feels better soon. Yay for the tv workouts; great job; we miss ya around here. Glad you pooped in! I posted pics in hangout section. hehee That is cool a balloon landed in your land!!!! They are really cool!

Heya Marcy, check out my balloons in the hangout section; I thought of you because you love them too! Yay on 128 lbs. Wonderful!

Sarah, whoo hooo on walking; great job. Gosh, I am sorry about your elbow; that is too bad. I hope it heals quick! thanks for the kudos on my walking

Sweet dreams and have a wonderful weekend all. ps. sorry my eyes were sort of shut in the pic
35.gif

IMG_00411.JPG

sarahthewarrior

Shiny_Rock
Evening all,

Well, apparently the gods didn''t believe me when I said that I was planning to go for a walk tonight. When I went out to catch the bus at the usual time, down the road it went by me--six minutes early. There was no point in flagging it down since I still would have had five lanes of traffic to cross to get to it. So, a power walk to class it was! Two miles later, I was a little sweaty, but on time.

By the time I got home, it had cooled considerably, so I decided that was enough walking for the day (guess the gods were right). I''ve been cleaning the apartment all evening, though, and vacuuming definitely burns calories! My househusband is really slacking off...
2.gif

Skippy, LOL that you took pity on my arm! It happened when I was 12--healing is long since complete. Actually, I never really regained full motion (even after six months of physical therapy!), which is why I still can''t ride a bike--my elbow can no longer "lock" since the arm doesn''t straighten all the way. It was really depressing for me at the time, as I was an avid biker. But I just don''t have the control to do anything more than a leisurely ride nowadays. I''d ask you to bike a few extra miles for me, but it looks like you already walked them! Good for you!

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww Skippy, I just get a warm feeling when I get to see a picture of you with that incredible smile on your face!! 40''s. Brrrrrr, no sorry, Rod doesn''t do cold anymore. LOL Your friends cruise sounds like a dream for sure.

Thanks Monnie. I hope you and hubby are more rested. Not sleeping is jus an awful thing. And like Mara said, be careful about weight just falling off. That''s the way you want to lose. Slow and steady, that''s the ticket.

Yay Yay Yay on 128 pounds Marci!! You continue to inspire us all!

Glad the scale was nice to you Kimberly!! Where in NC., are you going this weekend?

Glad your ellipticising went well Lorelei. And I laughed about hubby making fun of your whey protein shake. You''re going to become buff for sure!!

Hope you enjoyed your day off Mara. BTW., I don''t think sauna buddy really gained 6 pounds. I think he gained the weight from water. He commented how thirsty he had been for two days since having dinner at PF Chang. They put so much sodium in the food there. I remember when we used to go, I''d wake up in the middle of the night and drink like a quart of water. Of course I wasn''t into working out or weighing myself in those days, so lord only knows what my weight did from that time. And I agree with you Kimberly, PF''s wasn''t my favorite place for Chinese in the first place. But sometimes, it was just convenient if we were shopping or something.

Sarah, I hope you had a great walk!! Glad my comments were helpful.........

It was a busy day at work as usual. I spent the morning interviewing interns. You may remember that one of ''terns decided working at a ''real'' job just wasn''t what he wanted. He found it too difficult to be on a regular M-F schedule and he really wasn''t willing to put in an extra second past quitting time. Not the best recipe for success if you want to be a successful recruiter. So, I''ve really been trying very hard to find someone who not only understands what the life of a recruiter is like, but someone who truly wants that life. It''s hard when you''re hiring recent grads.

Tonight was just a beautiful evening. Comfortable, cooler but not cold, low low low humidity and not a cloud in the sky. I got to ride with my top down for the first time in a long time and I had such a good time. I popped in an Enya CD and just grinned from ear to ear as I was cruising the bayfront!! Tough life, but someone has to live it. LOL Sushi, Frozen Yogurt and Coffee were all so enjoyable. We sat for a long time under the oak. And somehow, people kept joining our table. Including people we''ve seen there, but had never spoken too. It was an interesting mix of people, mostly much younger than us.

Tomorrow will be a regular ''ol Saturday with breakfast on the terrace, lunch and of course a nice long workout in the afternoon. We may go see a movie tomorrow evening, we''ll see.

I hope everyone''s off to a great start for the weekend!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!! sounds like everyone had a good friday...! we tried a new thai place tonite near our house that we could walk to (bout 1/4 mile each way) and it was fabulous! it got great reviews on yelp so we were happy to see that it lived up to our expectations. quite neighborhood cozy and very tasty as well. i had the tom yum gai(sp) soup which is mushrooms and chicken breast in a coconut lemongrass broth and brown rice...greg had a eggplant and shrimp dish with rice and we shared a sampler platter with chicken and beef satay and something called cigar rolls which were packed ground beef wrapped in a seaweed type thing and you dip it into some sort of thai spicy sauce. yummy!! we are pretty picky about thai so we were happy to see that this place was quality. walked home in the chilly eve, and made some hot cocoa with a mix of unsweetened and sweetened cocoa and fat free milk.

went to the gym after work as well and did 20 min on elliptical at intervals (level 1, 4, 7, 10, 7, 4, 7, 10, 7, 4 etc) for 225 cals burned, 15 min of treddie activity where i walked for 1/4 mile and jogged for 1 mile and then walked for 1/4 mile for 150 cals burned. then did 15 minutes of arm weights...whew! tomorrow i have my trainer at 10am so hopefully he will do legs with me instead of arms because my arms are like rubber right now!

skip, you look super cute in the picture, the balloons look awesome, how fun. sarah, sorry to hear about missing the bus but yay for getting the walk in. rod, sounds like you guys had a good evening!

i'm going to continue enjoying my cocoa while we're watching the tivo'd shows from this week...have a great rest of the evening (or a good morning!!).

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
evening all! I hope everyone has a great weekend. Rod, sorry to hear work has been stressful and I hope you have good luck recruiting a new intern. I think you and I have a lot in common - I really identify when you talk about not sleeping well and being a worrier, I have that sometimes too. I am definitely not a morning person either! Marcy I am so happy for you with 128 lb! Skippy it is nice to see your photo at the balloon event - sounds like you had a great time. Kimberly I agree with you I can''t wait til fall really hits. FInally we have had a few cool days here. Monarch I am glad you are finding time to fit in some workouts around your work schedule!
Today was going to be my day off from the gym, but I just felt like going, so I did the elliptical and some upper body weights. It turned out to be a good thing b/c I had dessert tonight so at least I offset some of the cals! I ate more carbs and calories today than usual, so I need to watch cals this weekend for sure. The good news is that I am back to my pre vacation weight and possibly even down 1 lb from there, so I am happy about that. Lately whenever I see someone that I haven''t seen in a couple months they comment that I look leaner (yay!) and I feel like my upper body is getting REALLY toned. I''m seeing progress in terms of being able to get through my weight lifting class easier and do more pushups, etc. It is great to be seeing any kind of progress even though it is slow! I also looked at some pics of last triathlon season compared with this triathlon season and I think I look more toned up. I know my clothes are fitting better now too. I do have about 20 lb to go to get to my goal though. I especially want to lose some abdominal fat - that is where it is the hardest for me, and where I have most of it!

No matter what though I am committed to choosing a healthy eating program I can do for life, not a short term diet. I have to learn how to attain and maintain my weight without feeling deprived - just being strategic!

This weekend I need to shop for some healthy snacks I can keep in my desk at work. I want to eat more frequently throughout the day to help my metabolism, so I should stock up on healthy stuff to keep on hand!

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results