shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 8th Jan till 14th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrchips

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 7:02:34 PM
Author: Mara
lol it''s so funny i was watching the magic bullet infomercial at the gym one day and i totally wanted one!!! then i forgot about it but now this is reminding me again.

how easy it is to clean? my husband can''t stand half the gadgets i have in the kitchen because they are so tedious to clean. can it just go in the dishwasher?

tempting!! esp for shakes! hehe.

VERY VERY EASY!!!

this is what i do.

once i''m done i quickly rinse it with running water. then i fill the shaker with hot hot water to about 3/4 way. then i put it on the MAGIC BULLET and run it for 30 seconds. VOILA!!!

then i''ll just get a quick rag with soap and wipe the inside and outside and then put it on the MAGIC BULLET FoR 30 seconds and i''m done.

1 MINUTE IN TOTAL!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great tip on cleaning it. I''ll have to do that from now on. I tend to leave the cup all icky in the sink, so I have to give it a proper wash.

I am concerned about this lasagna. I don''t have a 9x13 deep pan. I have an oval le creuset, and that''s my best baking dish, but it''s not as big as a standard lasagna pan..

I only made half the cheese in the recipe. Yet I managed to layer ALL of the sauce (although I probably ate half the sauce between last night and tonight while "tasting"). This thing is brimming. Should it explode, I will be eating soup for dinner. I have a cookie sheet under the baking dish just it case it erupts. TGuy may have nothing to review.

Gotta love an experiment.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG -- I'm laughing so hard right now I'm crying!!!

Let me set the scene. The happy hubby and I are sitting in our home office clacking away at our respective computers. Here is the conversation we just had:

DJ: Honey, will you get me a magic bullet?
HH: What?
DJ: A magic bullet. Hmm... I wonder if the dog will mind the noise.
HH: You want a what?
DJ: A MAGIC BULLET. (I say in a louder voice--does he never listen to me?)
HH: NO!!!
DJ: Why the hell not? It's not that different than some of the other things we already have.
HH: What??? What other things? Where do you keep them?
DJ: Well upstairs of course you moron.
Side note: Upstairs to me meant the kitchen. Upstairs to HH meant The Bedroom.
DJ: Never mind, I'll just order it of the website.
HH: NO!!! I don't want things like that coming to our house in the mail! What if the people in the receiving room know what it is?
DJ: Bill, who gives a f*ck if the people in the receiving room know I ordered a juicer shake maker thingy???
HH: Oh, it's a KITCHEN GADGET!?!

HE THOUGHT IT WAS A SEX TOY!!!

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
DJ -- That''s what I thought... wow am I LOW CLASS
31.gif

Aurelia

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Aurelia -- I would have something like that sent to my OFFICE!
31.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL DJ...I never even thought it sounded like a sex toy. I guess I am an angel!
12.gif

Very very funny though.

BTW, the lasagna is starting to dribble onto the pan below. It''s alive, it''s aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive...............
32.gif

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, y''all are cracking me up! Thanks for the laughs after a fairly bad day!

BTW, my FI and I made sex toy jokes about the magic bullet the first time we saw the infomercial ~ so we''re right there in the Low Class with you Aurelia
1.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW, I am SO SORRY for thread-jacking but I HAD to share this.

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
Okay, now I understand what this meant...

"must buy a magic bullet, must make pumpkin spice muffins, and must find recipe for cranberry bran muffins..."
-Crown Jewel

I don''t always get through NINE pages of the WWT... so I skim... and THIS was what caught my eye -- don''t ask me why!

But I read it out loud to the fiance who then said... "Who ARE these people you post with???" He''s pretty much given up hiding his amusement
9.gif

Aurelia

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
aaaaaaaaahh!! Pricescope lurkers are gonna be like, "I THOUGHT it was a thread about working out...but..." DeeJay that just made my day. I totally giggled out loud for a SOLID 5 minutes. (what a workout!)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 9:16:18 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
BTW, I am SO SORRY for thread-jacking but I HAD to share this.
I''m so glad you did.
9.gif
9.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 10:57:58 AM
Author: Lorelei
Thanks
35.gif
I have been dealing with it a long time, so I manage quite well overall.
Yet another reason you are high on Rod''s list of HEROES Lorelei. All this time we''ve been communicating daily and I had no idea this was the reason you are often in back pain. You take care and the new multifunction gym sounds wonderful!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 5:42:30 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Ooh...I just realized this...

In January 2003 I left on my backpacking trip to Europe. Thinking I had a limited budget, I only drank water and not soda (I was addicted to coke/diet coke before that point). When I came back, I decided to try to leave it out of my life.

It has been 4 years since I have touched diet coke, or any soda!!!
36.gif
Good for you. I used to ba a Coke-A-Holic and I haven''t had even a sip of one in over 18 months. I would likely not enjoy one even if I could as I''m sure I wouldn''t much care for the sweetness anymore. I figure a beverage that contains that many calories and can also burn the crusty stuff off battery terminals probably isn''t too healthy for you??!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 7:02:34 PM
Author: Mara
lol it''s so funny i was watching the magic bullet infomercial at the gym one day and i totally wanted one!!! then i forgot about it but now this is reminding me again.

how easy it is to clean? my husband can''t stand half the gadgets i have in the kitchen because they are so tedious to clean. can it just go in the dishwasher?

tempting!! esp for shakes! hehe.
Hey There Diamond Batgirl! I love your new avatar too! I guess with the new year, it''s time for new avatars, huh?
28.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there all you healthy PS'ers. It was a good day in Sunny and cold Raleigh. Now that I've discovered Talbot's Men store, I at least have sweaters and am finding the colder weather somewhat refreshing.

My 2005 SL500, which was perfect in Florida, doesn not like the cold weather one bit. In fact, it decided to have some sort of electrical central locking meltdown and I had to take it in to the Mercedes dealer up here. While Mercedes does offer loaner cars, the dealer up here has them primarily for people who purchased their cars from them. Otherwise you get an appointment about 2 weeks out. OK......not good. Not good at all. Since I really needed the car to be serviced (plus it was time for it's secong major service (not covered under warranty) so I got an appointment this morning and had an employee of mine who lives near the dealership pick me up (what a pain to have to do) and then the service advise (nice lady) starts telling me how this has happened to other SL's and it can take a couple weeks to get the parts and in the meantime I don't have a car and I'm realzing that means if I continue to drive my car, the fact that the trunk won't fully seal means my trunk will flood and aggghhhhhhhhhh.... So I march over to the new car showroom, and just traded my car for a new 2007 E350 Sedan with the Premium Sound System, Satellite Radio and Navigation system and since my SL was paid for (which means the SL actually is worth more than the new car), I get a check for a sum just over $5,000 when we sign the papers. I won't get the car until tomorrow, but they gave me a loaner to use till then. I think I'm ready for a nice sedate sedan again. The SL, while a wonderful car is so small and has such a small trunk and it will be nice to be able to take people from my office to lunch instread of them all having to drive me everytime we go somewhere. And now that we've bought a car from the local dealer, they've promised to treat both of our Mercedes cars as if we bought them both up here and we'll get the loaner immediately when we need service. So, it was, I think a very good decision indeed!!

So, with my loaner car, I went to the gym and had a very good workout (THIRD DAY IN A ROW THIS WEEK). I didn't do a 3 hour session but it was a littl over 2 hours, which given how hard I've worked out this week, was more than enough. we're going to pick up the new car at 6 PM tomorrow night and then head to our wonderful Friday night Sushi place. I can't remember who wrote that they had not good sushi and I fully understood how they could be so disappointed. For us, Sushi is like the highlight of our week and to have less than wonderful Sushi just would be a major letdown. We probably pay too much for Sushi at this restaurant, but it is just ultra good.

I'll check in again tomorrow night. Can you believe it's only Thursday, and this thread now alread fills up 9 pages of PS. Wow, we've grown to become a large group. And still no other guys besides Jeff and me. Can't any of you ladies get your healthy fitness minded hubbies or boyfriends to join in??

Anyway, have a nice night ladies!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
40.gif

My tummy hurts. I had been good today anticipating this dinner and I had two servings. I should have stopped at one. I didn''t realize how much my stomach already shrank from giving it smaller meals throughout the day...ugggggggh.

As I suspected, I made the lasagna too wet. Too much turkey sauce, too much tomato sauce. Flavors were yum. Jury''s still out on the no boil barilla...I am not sure I am a fan.

TGuy came home after a bad day at work. He was venting about his day when he took a bite, so I didn''t quite get the reaction. I asked, what do you think? He said "it''s good....a bit runny but good." So he thought it was decent.

He went back for a second serve and put it on bread. Right before he bit into it, he said "yumEEE" (I had to try hard not to chuckle. So it seems the recipe is somewhere between "decent" and "very good" according to my TGuy gauge. I think that equals out to "Good", which isn''t bad considering I did botch it up.

I am going to go hurl now to relieve some of the pressure in my tummy...
14.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol TG re the lasagna, yeah i had to make it once or twice to get it right. though honestly, after you let it sit, the pasta does continue to absorb and it gets less wet over the next few days. i swear this is like the best thing after an extra day or two. after 4 days it was the best...haha. and yeah the first time i made it i didn't use the right dish either and it was kind of messy. but then greg got me a rectangular baker so i used that this last time and it was great. also i use sometimes less of the cottage and cheese mixture and more meat or similar. it's just all kind of experimental til you figure out what you like.

so i went to the gym tonite...ugh! i swear i am so over this stomach thing. i did the elliptical on the lowest level for 40 minutes and that was all i could really take. my stomach is really sore right now...boo hoo. i have a heating pad on it, which the doctor recommended. i just can't believe that it's not getting BETTER, i rested last nite...i think i am going to be forced to take a few days off entirely, which really bums me out. i am in such a groove that i don't want to get out of it and end up feeling lazy or anything esp now that it's super cold out. also i don't want to end up going backwards or anything...i'm used to working out and eating a little more so if i don't work out then i have to really kind of cut things back on food which i hate! ugh. so i was thinking i'd go just walk on the treadmill tomorrow night but honestly i don't know if i should. i might take tomorrow night and saturday off and go to the gym on sunday and see how i feel. we can always go for a walk on saturday. i dunno. so i did 350 cals anyway at the gym.

anyway dinner was TJ pizza (YUM!!!) and a salad. i am going to make the berry muffins from that joyofbaking site tonite as well as i am out of the pumpkin spice ones. i also got some whey protein powder at TJ's (vanilla flavored) and some frozen fruits for future shakes. also i had a recipe for whey protein pancakes that i might try this weekend as well so we'll see.

lol DJ your story was soo funny. i read it to greg and he was cracking up. rod, i totally agree bad sushi is the worst. total let down. our fave place is kind of pricey too but it's definitely worth it. lol re the avatar, john quixote was saying he made it for me a while ago (a funny inside joke between us and aljdewey from our first trip to houston) and i was like oh that's perfect for a new avatar. hahha.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
TG, for that turkey lasagna recipe I used a glass Pyrex 9x13 dish. It wasn''t very deep, but it fit the entire recipe to the very brim. I was scared it would boil over too, but I covered it with aluminum foil and it was fine. I used Ronzoni no-boil pasta and I thought the whole thing came out pretty well.

I made the pumpkin muffins!!! Yummmmmmyyyyyy!! Thanks shortblonde for the recipe! Mara, I was expecting monstrous muffins after you made yours, but mine came out pretty normal sized. Smaller than the Starbucks muffins. I couldn''t find any white whole wheat flour, so I mixed the whole wheat flour and regular white flour which we already had. Ohhh I''m so happy with the way they turned out.

Ok, I need to get in a good workout tomorrow because I''ll be in San Fran from Saturday until Tuesday visiting FI''s brand new nephew. I hope it''s not too cold tomorrow.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol CJ those muffins were huge compared to the cranberry apple ones i''d made which were much smaller. i find that the oat bran ones typically are super dense and thick...not fluffy like we typically think of muffins. so these were bigger than what i was used to previously, haha.

so i made the buttermilk berry muffins from the other day and they are in the oven. they look yummy. i modified the recipe a bit because it called for a ton of sugar and oil...i used a bit less oil and i used sweet leaf from whole foods along with a bit of real sugar as well. so hopefully the mods work out. i don''t mind if they are a bit less sweet or whatever as most stuff is too sweet for me anyway...i just want some yummy berry buttermilk flavor going on. i used the white whole wheat flour too so at least they have some fiber!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alright, you guys have me thinking I need to make muffins...but I don''t own a muffin pan (I like to cook, but don''t bake). How hard can it be?

I am thinking of getting a 9x13 pyrex...I also need a dish that size to make a yummy dessert called "hedgehog" (I think it''s an aussie or english thing). However that is going to have to wait, as hedgehogs aren''t really diet food and I can''t just eat one.

I think Mara is right...practice makes perfect on this lasagna. it was the first time I made lasagna of any kind, so I don''t think it came out bad considering. I have a very good idea how to get it just right next time.

Rod inspired me, and although I couldn''t do 2 hours at the gym, I did do about an hour and a half, burning between 700-750 calories. That extra piece of lasagna tonight scared me into it as well!

It''s Friday tomorrow everyone, yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ok I went to the gym and my facial and came back to posts about sex toys?

LMAO!

I was good today and actually made myself a tuna salad for lunch instead of eating out. I was running late for my appointment so I didn''t end up eating the whole salad either, and was running around all afternoon and didn''t snack at all.

I did 45mins of cardio today, half on the bike and half on the cross trainer, and then did weights with my trainer for 30mins. We''re going to do boxing on Monday!

Dinner will be grilled salmon with asparagus (inspired by your meal yday TG!) and because I am way under my calorie intake today, I''m going to have a campbell vegie delish soup with a bread roll, and finish off with either half a mango or some cherries/raspberries.

Where is this turkey lasagna recipe that everyone keeps talking about?? And yes we need a recipe thread and I second CJ''s suggestion that we review/comment on recipes here and just have recipes in the recipe thread!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 2:27:39 PM
Author: mrchips

here's a quick tip. BUY YOURSELF A MAGIC BULLET. they work wonders.
There are so many wonderful enablers in this forum
2.gif
I have bought diamonds purses jeans and makeup on P"fers recomendations and now I got myself a Magic Bullet
36.gif

Every morning for the last 3 years I mix my smoothie in my blender and then dread cleaning it. My old one at least could be thrown in the dishwasher but this new Breville one cannot
29.gif
It all has to be taken apart and cleaned.
Now I will have my Magic Bullet and will be able clean it in a blink of any eye. Thank you mr chips and all the other Pfer's who share their knowledge.
On topic I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and had a good day on the food front. Out to dinnertongiht but will have main course only and probably have fish and salad

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
just a note guys, i started the ''healthier'' recipes thread in FHH so check it out and please add in your stuff!!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rod for your kind words and everyone else! I try to make the most of what I have and hope that working out will keep me mobile for longer, I go carefully but try not to let my back condition get in the way of me living and enjoying my life any more than it has to. I managed half an hour on the ellip last night even though the gym looks like a bomb has gone off! Roll on the weights arriving, Hubby has put the basic machine together and it looks most impressive, very snazzy bench too!

Rod - congrats on the new car too!

Welcome Mr Chips - yay another guy!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

dinnadinnadinnadinna.....MARA!!!!!!!!! love the new avatar
37.gif
Great idea too for the recipes thread!~~!

Dee I am howling here - especially the bit about the DD hopefully not minding the noise!!
9.gif

Great job everyone!

Jeff where are you???

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
urgh...
14.gif

You guys have no idea how much I miss my gym, exercising, taking long walks with my dog, cooking!!!!!...

All I'm doing is sitting/laying around the house trying to keep my arm up...and eat cookies (yes, they're sugar free...but they're not calorie-free or fat-free! hehe)

Could I sue the neighbors for the weight gain?? hehe...just kidding...

I hope to be back up at full speed soon so I can join you guys here again! everyone seems to be doing great!! keep it up!!

M~

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mandarine - you just hang in there and don't worry about working out yet - get better and rest! But you can always post and join in the fun, we miss you too!

TG - WHERE IS THE ROACH/BACKPACK????
emdgust.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2007 3:56:50 AM
Author: Lorelei

Dee I am howling here - especially the bit about the DD hopefully not minding the noise!!
9.gif

Well the US cleaner made The Demon a little crazy at first so I can only imagine what a *magic bullet* might do to him, LOL!

Today I''m having coffee (w/ real milk) and 1/2 cup oatmeal for breakfast. The happy hubby and I typically go out to dinner on Friday nights but I just looked at my calendar and I''m supposed to have lunch with someone today too. We usually go to a Thai restaurant -- what are my lowest cal Thai options? I used to get the lard nar but I''m sure that''s way out of the ballpark. Maybe a soup dish with noodles? Help me here!

Rod, any news from the developer on the condo?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
****wipes eyes****whenever the DD is mentioned now I start to giggle thinking of the Christmas Village and now I have the visual of him and a Magic Bullet in the background....oh dear!
31.gif

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
DeeJay, that''s too funny about the Magic Bullet! The name does sound a bit naughty though, doesn''t it??

TG, it''s funny that you mention the mushrooms b/c if I hadn''t read your post about NOT knowing when to include the mushrooms, I would''ve totally forgotten about them too -- and hubby woulda been mad b/c he loooooves mushrooms! I sampled the sauce this morning -- YUM!!! I agree that it would be yummy to eat just as a pasta sauce even without the lasagna aspect of it! Can''t wait for the finished product ...

Lorelei, I am totally digging the new avatar -- too cute!

OK, I just remembered this is a weekly workout thread, and I am contributing nothing about working out. I guess that''s b/c I''ve been horribly unmotivated lately. Booooo, me.
14.gif
I tried the elliptical at the gym the other day and lasted about five minutes on it before crawling off it in shame. I think part of it is that I don''t know the machine whatsoever so I really don''t know anything about the different levels. Any of you elliptical users, where''s a good place for a beginner to start?? (My gym has both Precor and Cybex ellipticals, I believe.)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2007 9:26:15 AM
Author: ellaila
DeeJay, that''s too funny about the Magic Bullet! The name does sound a bit naughty though, doesn''t it??

TG, it''s funny that you mention the mushrooms b/c if I hadn''t read your post about NOT knowing when to include the mushrooms, I would''ve totally forgotten about them too -- and hubby woulda been mad b/c he loooooves mushrooms! I sampled the sauce this morning -- YUM!!! I agree that it would be yummy to eat just as a pasta sauce even without the lasagna aspect of it! Can''t wait for the finished product ...

Lorelei, I am totally digging the new avatar -- too cute!

OK, I just remembered this is a weekly workout thread, and I am contributing nothing about working out. I guess that''s b/c I''ve been horribly unmotivated lately. Booooo, me.
14.gif
I tried the elliptical at the gym the other day and lasted about five minutes on it before crawling off it in shame. I think part of it is that I don''t know the machine whatsoever so I really don''t know anything about the different levels. Any of you elliptical users, where''s a good place for a beginner to start?? (My gym has both Precor and Cybex ellipticals, I believe.)
Heehee thanks El!!

Don''t worry about not contributing with working out at the moment, just keep reading and post when you want to, it will help keep you motivated until you are ready!

Some ellipticals have preset programs, I used the Life Fitness in gym I used to use, or you can use them manually. Start off on a low resistance then you can manually increase it as you feel ready, if you go too high you can turn it down so you feel you have to push a bit, but at a pace that is comfortable for you. About 20 mins to half an hour/ 45 mins is a good amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results