shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 8th Jan till 14th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JL - I''m glad that I''m not the only one who eats leftovers for breakfast! (I was starting to feel a little crazy, LOL.)

TG - No, the happy hubby has not been to FL but he''s DYING to go. That part where we live 1,500 miles away is a bit of a problem though! We have been to Charlie Trotters and to Schwa (although my experience there was less than fantastic--they served me some things that I thought were rather disgusing). We haven''t been to Alinia yet. I considered taking him for his 40th birthday but they said to allow at least 5 hours for dinner (on a Tuesday night no less!) so we went to Trotters instead.

Tonight I am commiting to an hour of *something* (yet to be determined; we''ll see when I get to the gym). Foodwise I have been very good today and I think I might have a little bit of something before I work out or else I know I''ll be STARVING when I''m done.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone! I have yet to catch up on my WWT reading, so please forgive me if I missed something. I have to admit that I have not done any working out (am I allowed to say such a thing?) in the past few days. I had to do a lot of running around, to NJ, to an interview, etc. but no ACTUAL running. I feel like this is confession time. Please don't throw stones at me...but I am having a beer. We have so much alcohol leftover from our New Year's party...our guests brought SO much beer and champagne. I am miserable having all this beer in the apartment. I can't throw it out. I don't want my fiance drinking it all. So I have been having one each day since Monday. Eeek! What do I do?

Okay, now I'm done with the beer confession. Things that I picked up while skimming through the last few pages of this thread...must buy a magic bullet, must make pumpkin spice muffins, and must find recipe for cranberry bran muffins. Mara, where is the recipe for those cranberry bran muffins that you and your coworker love so much? Please share?

Do you guys and gals ever look through your posts on old threads? I was searching for the cranberry bran muffin recipe and saw a post from DeeJay in bold, big font: "one hour on the elliptical!!!!" I would think it may be motivational for some of you to reread your old posts, especially from particularly "successful" weeks.

Last night I had sushi for dinner (not great sushi...disappointing because sushi is supposed to be a treat. When I end up with bad sushi...it's such a let down). Needless to say, I didn't have very much. I had an interview today (I think it went well), so I had coffee and FiberOne w/ Honey Bunches of Oats for breakfast before the interview. It was a 2 hour interview and I was starving when I got back so I made a bowl of canned soup (360 calories) for quick satisfaction. And now I'm having a beer as I contemplate dinner. I'm definitely going to make the pumpkin muffins tonight.

Let's keep posting more recipes. It's hard to be creative with dinner...so the more recipes shared the better!

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
I got on sparkpeople and told it i wanted to loose 11 lbs in next 10 weeks. it said to eat 1270-1620 calories a day and burn 1400 calories a week. that''s a pretty big range. is the idea that i should average 1445 a day but always stay w/in that range? or is it just saying that it doesn''t really know b/c there''s too many factors and that''s the best it can do?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
nejarb, I know there was a discussion of the sparkpeople calorie range a while back, but I don''t remember what we said. I also was given a fairly wide range...and I''m assuming that for weight loss, the key is to stay in the lower part of the range. Most people require about 1200 calories a day just for regular metabolic processes (and energy required to sit, stand, breath, blink, talk, etc.) I think it''s nice to have a wide range because then you won''t end up being maniacal about staying between 1250 and 1275, you know? If you get up to 1700 or 1800 or whatever, it''s not the end of the world...but I guess you should try not to do that too often if your goal is weight loss.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nejarb - maybe I''m too liberal with the whole calorie range thing, but I figure if I''m just staying within it I''m doing OK and not worrying about an average.

And CJ - I do sometimes reread my old posts but the things that always jump out at me are the misspellings or goofy wording (I really need to start reading the things I type before I hit the submit button, LOL!). No, seriously, I do know what you mean and I do find it encouraging. Without this thread I GUARANTEE you I would have give up on working out by now.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 5:13:58 PM
Author: CrownJewel
Hi Everyone! I have yet to catch up on my WWT reading, so please forgive me if I missed something. I have to admit that I have not done any working out (am I allowed to say such a thing?) in the past few days. I had to do a lot of running around, to NJ, to an interview, etc. but no ACTUAL running. I feel like this is confession time. Please don''t throw stones at me...but I am having a beer. We have so much alcohol leftover from our New Year''s party...our guests brought SO much beer and champagne. I am miserable having all this beer in the apartment. I can''t throw it out. I don''t my fiance drinking it all. So I have been having one each day since Monday. Eeek! What do I do?

Okay, now I''m done with the beer confession. Things that I picked up while skimming through the last few pages of this thread...must buy a magic bullet, must make pumpkin spice muffins, and must find recipe for cranberry bran muffins. Mara, where is the recipe for those cranberry bran muffins that you and your coworker love so much? Please share?

Do you guys and gals ever look through your posts on old threads? I was searching for the cranberry bran muffin recipe and saw a post from DeeJay in bold, big font: ''one hour on the elliptical!!!!'' I would think it may be motivational for some of you to reread your old posts, especially from particularly ''successful'' weeks.

Last night I had sushi for dinner last night (not great sushi...disappointing because sushi is supposed to be a treat. When I end up with bad sushi...it''s such a let down). Needless to say, I didn''t have very much. I had an interview today (I think it went well), so I had coffee and FiberOne w/ Honey Bunches of Oats for breakfast before the interview. It was a 2 hour interview and I was starving when I got back so I made a bowl of canned soup (360 calories) for quick satisfaction. And now I''m having a beer as I contemplate dinner. I''m definitely going to make the pumpkin muffins tonight.

Let''s keep posting more recipes. It''s hard to be creative with dinner...so the more recipes shared the better!
LOL CJ, sure it''s OK to confess. We''re all here to encourage!

And one each day doesn''t seem too bad. Where you have to watch it is the idea that "well, since I''ve had this beer, today is shot. I''m not going to work out." Believe me, I know all about that...as it was that way for weeks after my wedding. And before you know it...*poof* 10 pounds on yer ass! So start today and try NOT to have that beer and do a little exercise. Take the beer OUT of the fridge and just store it somewhere - box it up and tape it shut! Save it for another time when you have a party...think of the money you will save! Hard to reach for a warm beer, you know what I mean?
1.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks TG! I''m kind of glad I confessed, because you''re totally right. It''s kind of like, beer = unhealthy = no working out!! It''s good to hear someone else tell me that it''s ok to tape it up and hide it.

Back in the game starting tonight.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 5:27:31 PM
Thanks TG! I''m kind of glad I confessed, because you''re totally right. It''s kind of like, beer = unhealthy = no working out!! It''s good to hear someone else tell me that it''s ok to tape it up and hide it.

Back in the game starting tonight.
Better yet...give it to that skinny b*tch in the office who looks damn good because she''s always counting calories. Tell her to have a blast and knock herself out.

(wait a minute...wouldn''t that be Mara?
9.gif
)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh...I just realized this...

In January 2003 I left on my backpacking trip to Europe. Thinking I had a limited budget, I only drank water and not soda (I was addicted to coke/diet coke before that point). When I came back, I decided to try to leave it out of my life.

It has been 4 years since I have touched diet coke, or any soda!!!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i totally agree with TG as long as the one beer doesn''t turn into well i am already bad today so i''ll just eat a mcdonalds quarter pounder and 4 things of fries...it''s not quite so bad. a beer is not THAT bad for you. it''s 2-3 beers per day every day that turns into a beer belly!! but honestly i''d try to nix the beer as soon as you can, or do it once every other day maybe. or add in more cardio to combat it. there are so many ways to ''get around'' having to be good all the time, i am queen of the ''averages'' and also working out a lilttle more to justify something or to make up for something. i think a lot of it is mental.

the cranberry bran muffin recipe was posted either last week or the week before. i don''t have it here at work but i think i hvae it at home so i can try to see if i can find it later and repost it. i wish we had some sort of recipe thread maybe a WWT recipe thread that can be ongoing that is JUST for recipes so that we can go in there once a week or whatever and see who posted what and if there is anything fun to try. that way the recipes don''t get lost in the WWT updates. thoughts?

nejarb on the calorie range for me when i was losing i tried to say in the low end of the range but if i went to the high end it wasn''t a huge deal. i think that''s why there IS a range, so that you have some flexibility with your eating. aka if one day you feel like and you eat on the low end but the next you splurge and end up on the high range, you are still in the range and the 2 days average out to middle range. doing it like that seemed to work fine fo rme. i also had days where i was out of range (aka weekends) and it was fine too. i think it really is mostly like a ''gauge'' so that you don''t eat too little OR too much and are aware of what you should be consuming. my bmr is something like 1300 calories meaning that''s what i need to have basic motor functions with my level of activity. it''s what my body NEEDS. anything above that is hopefully worked off with my workouts over the week kinda thing.

lunch was a turkey and swiss sandwich from sbucks which was 310 cals and 13g of fat and i put dijon it, yum. it was also on whole wheat bread so it had fiber. i eat these types of sandwiches like 2x a week from sbucks so i am always happy when i go in the mornings and see they have one of the good-for-me sandwiches. i''m snacking on 100 cal popcorn right now. this is my last bag so i have to get more tonite!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 5:42:30 PM
Author: TravelingGal

In January 2003 I left on my backpacking trip to Europe. Thinking I had a limited budget, I only drank water and not soda (I was addicted to coke/diet coke before that point). When I came back, I decided to try to leave it out of my life.

36.gif

Woohoo! Cheers to that TG!! It''s been about a year since I''ve had my last soda. For some reason, soda is easier to stay away from than beer. I think that''s b/c my FI loves beer.
7.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 5:46:20 PM

Date: 1/11/2007 5:42:30 PM

36.gif

Woohoo! Cheers to that TG!! It's been about a year since I've had my last soda. For some reason, soda is easier to stay away from than beer. I think that's b/c my FI loves beer.
7.gif
Nah...it's because soda makes one hyper...beer makes one haaaaaaaaaaaaaaapy.

ETA, Mara, I agree about the recipe thread...if it could be a sticky. Even when I know there is a recipe posted on the week of X, it's a pain to dig through 8 pages to find it. A recipe only thread (with minimal comments) would be helpful. Do you want to request this, or should I?

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
MARA I 1000% agree that we need a recipe thread. I thought that maybe it''ll be easier to search for a recipe if each recipe gets its own thread, but that could still get messy. Let''s just do one Show me your Healthy Recipe thread. That way there''s one place to go for all recipes. Rules are that calories must be calculated and reviews should be given in this WWT thread. We don''t want the recipe thread to grow excessively long due to comments. What do you think?

I have to run out for some food shopping, but will be back in a bit.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 5:52:17 PM
MARA I 1000% agree that we need a recipe thread. I thought that maybe it''ll be easier to search for a recipe if each recipe gets its own thread, but that could still get messy. Let''s just do one Show me your Healthy Recipe thread. That way there''s one place to go for all recipes. Rules are that calories must be calculated and reviews should be given in this WWT thread. We don''t want the recipe thread to grow excessively long due to comments. What do you think?

That''s a good idea CJ...we can review in the WWT, but leave comments out of the main thread...I like it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 5:57:37 PM

Date: 1/11/2007 5:52:17 PM

That''s a good idea CJ...we can review in the WWT, but leave comments out of the main thread...I like it!
Yeah that is basically what I thought. Like it can just be a thread for recipes, comments or reviews can be put in here like they are typically done. But that way it will be easier to find something as it won''t be AS long as it would be with comments!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
An article on msnbc today on how ipods, tvs can affect workout. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16581853/from/RS.5/

Personally I have a hard time working out with my mp3 player. I hate hearing myself BREATHE....I realize that I am tired!

mrchips

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 2:42:42 PM
Author: bee*
wow-everyone seems to be eating so well! Todays my rest day so Im just taking amber for a walk with D later. For breakfast I had my crunchi nut cornflakes again. I had peach slices for my break and then a wholemeal pitta bread with hummus, tomato, a tiny bit of egg, lettuce and onion. It was delicious! I just had a small bit of lasagna with lots of greens for dinner.

Im trying so hard not to eat crisps. Over here we have about 30 or 40 different types and different flavours-and I adore about 99% of them. Its day 4 of me having none and its getting tough, especially seeing as my mother bought a 20 pack earlier and had left them on the kitchen table when I came in from work. I didnt eat them though so I gave myself a pat of the back for it!

I am really going to have to check out that wholefoods place when I go to New York-it sounds amazing!

Keep up the good work everyone!

Hi Nejard, I'll stick around from now on! Im not going to quit this time! Have to keep thinking of the engagement in the summer and how I do not want to be fat when he proposes! We will be together 8 years then and I want to knock him sideways when he sees me in a nice dress!

i wake up at 4:30 am to go work out with a snooze button once in there. by the time i pack a bunch of stuff together, get my shake stuff going and get to the gym its about 5:20am.

the way i see it. is that if i don't healthy all day, i just woke up early for nothing. so its extra motivation for me. i'm generally a self motivating guy, because i can just get up and go to the gym no worries. i actually perfer the morning.

after work (teaching), the last thing i want to do is go home and then head to the gym. i wanna relax after the day is over.

i'd say that your diet (actually diet is a bad way...its associated with to many fads...but how else can you say it...) probably makes up the majority of your results.

probably something 70% diet and 20% gym and 10%enthuasim.

i'm at the point right now, that i'd rather miss a guy day then miss a meal.

strive for 5-6 meals a day on a regular basis and if you workout you have to throw in an extra meal post gym.

and oh yEAH EVERYONE SHOULD GO BUY A MAGIC BULLET!!!

smoothies, shakes in like 10 seconds. AWESOME!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol it''s so funny i was watching the magic bullet infomercial at the gym one day and i totally wanted one!!! then i forgot about it but now this is reminding me again.

how easy it is to clean? my husband can''t stand half the gadgets i have in the kitchen because they are so tedious to clean. can it just go in the dishwasher?

tempting!! esp for shakes! hehe.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s the recipe for the cranberry, apple, oat bran muffins. i will also post it in the recipe thread....i have a bunch of stuff i can post in there!!

Oat Bran Muffins (with apples, cranberries and raisins!)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 3/4 cups oat bran
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup nonfat dry milk (i nixed this completely as i didn''t have it!)
1/4 cup flaxseed (i made this 3/4 cup flaxseed! more fiber!)
4 teaspoons ground cinnamon (i think i put in more like 6..mmm cinammon makes everything better right rod?!)
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups shredded carrot (i didn''t have a carrot so instead i put in about 1/3 cup of cranberries)
2 cups chopped Granny Smith apple
1 cup raisins (i only used about 1/2 cup because i put in the cranberries which can be high calorie)
1 cup fat-free milk ( i used 1%)
1/4 cup canola oil (i only put in about 2 tablespoons of enova)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large egg whites
1 thin-skinned orange, unpeeled and quartered (i nixed this because i didn''t have an orange plus with the cranberries the fruit thing was outta control!)
Cooking spray or cupcake paper cups
(NOTE...i also added 2/3 cup of boiling hot water to the dry mixture and let it sit for about 5 minutes, i read on another bran muffin recipe that doing this makes for a more tender moist muffin as it lets the brans and flaxseed ''absorb'' a bit of the water before baking..i felt okay adding this additional liquid because i added extra flax seed which i figure could use the extra moisture to help absorbtion!!)

Preheat oven to 375°.

Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours and the next 8 ingredients (all-purpose flour through salt) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in carrot(cranberries!), apple, and raisins.

Combine milk, oil, vanilla, egg whites, and orange in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. (I didn''t do the food processor, I just whisked for a few minutes since I didn''t have the orange in there). Make a well in center of flour mixture; add milk mixture; stir just until moist.

Spoon 3 tablespoons batter into each of 28 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake in batches at 375° for 20 minutes or until muffins are browned and spring back when touched lightly in center. Remove the muffins from pans immediately, and place on a wire rack.

Yield: 28 muffins (serving size: 1 muffin)
NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 114(22% from fat); FAT 2.8g (sat 0.3g,mono 1.3g,poly 0.8g); PROTEIN 3.5g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 61mg; SODIUM 188mg; FIBER 3g; IRON 1.1mg; CARBOHYDRATE 22.6g. Cooking Light, NOVEMBER 2002

NOTE: I figure with my modifications the calories might be closer to 160 esp since I tend to make my muffins a bit bigger than the recipe (i will end up with more like 20 muffins intead of 28) so that also accounts for most of the extra calories. But either way, 114 or 160, it''s still a great snack with lots of fiber (more than the recipe if you add the additional flaxseed like i did) and fresh fruit and dried fruit and all sorts of yummy cinammon vanilla goodness.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s easier to clean than a my blender, which is collecting dust...

Mine is basically a plastic cup and a screw on cap with blades on it. All I have to do is wash the cup and rinse/wash the blades to dry. I leave the electric part of it on my counter is it takes very little room. The entire thing is very light.

I''d only get it if you drink lots of smoothies...although I have used it to blend some easy sauces that go into recipes. Otherwise it''s another gadget that just takes up space.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 7:15:10 PM
It''s easier to clean than a my blender, which is collecting dust...

Mine is basically a plastic cup and a screw on cap with blades on it. All I have to do is wash the cup and rinse/wash the blades to dry. I leave the electric part of it on my counter is it takes very little room. The entire thing is very light.

I''d only get it if you drink lots of smoothies...although I have used it to blend some easy sauces that go into recipes. Otherwise it''s another gadget that just takes up space.
TG according to the infomercial you can make anything in it! hehehe. soups, guacamole, salsa, smoothies. the magic bullet thing supposedly has diff things that chop vs blend vs puree kinda thing i think.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

DaniGirl

Rough_Rock
hello everyone, it''s been a long time since i''ve made it over to ps and to this thread. i just wanted to check in and let you all know that i am doing really well so far. since jan 1st i''ve lost 6 pounds. i''m still counting my calories and logging everything on sp. i find it relatively easy to stay right around 1200 cals. i''ve passed up a lot of junk food here at work and it really wasn''t that tempting. i just keep thinking that i am happier in the long term without it. i''ve been making it to the gym every day this week that i was planning to go. i''m aiming for 5 days a week and i''ve been feeling so good after my workouts. i am highly motivated and spend all my spare time on sp always planning and looking for new tips.

glad to see everyone is doing so well. i think the recipe thread is a fantastic idea!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have that exact one, but it is the same in terms of the basic parts. Like I said, it''s great for liquids, but I still use my big food processor for "real" jobs.

There are some imitations out there I think that work fine. The MB is 99.95 on their site, and you get 2 systems, so maybe if you got someone to split the cost. But still, shipping is still $40. That''s a bit much.

I wonder if it is sold in retail? I didn''t see a link to retailers on their site.

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 2:08:44 PM
Author: lovelylulu
ellaila - i''ve test tasted a few tomato soups
9.gif
and by far my favorite is TJ''s creamy tomato. I wasn''t as keen on the butternut squash with apples. the apples give it an interesting sweetness and consistency, but it''s still a good quick food for sure.
Just tried it, and oh, that butternut apple soup is so NOT good
38.gif
Blech!!! I didn''t like one thing about it.

On a better note, I''ve got Ms. Mara''s lasagna meat sauce getting ready to go in the fridge overnight to be tomorrow night''s dinner! So far, so good!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2007 7:41:36 PM
Author: ellaila

Date: 1/11/2007 2:08:44 PM
Author: lovelylulu
ellaila - i've test tasted a few tomato soups
9.gif
and by far my favorite is TJ's creamy tomato. I wasn't as keen on the butternut squash with apples. the apples give it an interesting sweetness and consistency, but it's still a good quick food for sure.
Just tried it, and oh, that butternut apple soup is so NOT good
38.gif
Blech!!! I didn't like one thing about it.

On a better note, I've got Ms. Mara's lasagna meat sauce getting ready to go in the fridge overnight to be tomorrow night's dinner! So far, so good!!
Hehehe Ellaila, just make sure you threw in the mushrooms too.
1.gif

We're having it tonight...we'll see what TGuy says. He has 4 levels of reviews...

1. Pause, then pursed lips and a side nod. Translation: I like having my dinner made for me and I'm not stupid enough to complain this is bad.

2. Pause, head cock, and a "hm, good." Translation: decent, edible, not bad.

3. No pause...smile, and a "yummEEEE." Translation: Very good indeed.

4. No pause, head jerk and a "WHOA!" Translation: I am SO happy I married you!!!

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
TG: you are TOO funny with TG''s responses to dinner : ) You SHOULD go into writing... I mean that!

I was good enough today with food that my fiance and I finally tried our Ice Cream maker. It was an engagement present from my sister (wow, she knows the 2 of us WAY too well!) and we hadn''t yet tried it! So it was Homemade Oreo ice cream tonight! Oh my goodness, so good!

I was just proud of myself that I''ve lost 1.5 pounds this week (on my way to losing the last 5-10 I''ve wanted to lose for a while now), have been really good with my workouts (did another 60 minutes of the silly 15% iincline walking today... not in my hiking boots however... for a whopping 851 calories). for whatever wierd reason, my calories were only slightly over 1000 after dinner, so I figured a reasonably-sized bowl wouldn''t kill me. I make it last FOREVER even when I don''t take much... my fiance was done in 4 minutes, I might just have taken 45
11.gif
!

I know this is sort of unbalanced... basically 3 meals of about 300-350 calories, then ice cream? Well, it has to happen... I''m never going to French Laundry (I''m clueless and had never even HEARD of this place before PS
32.gif
! So Ice cream it is : )

Later folks... oh, and I nixed the hiking boots idea not for looks (I tried it) but because moving that quickly (15-16 minute miles) uphill means too much quick ankle flexing... I was basically tripping over myself and catching the boots on everything. no good!

Aurelia

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2007 7:56:35 PM

We''re having it tonight...we''ll see what TGuy says. He has 4 levels of reviews...

1. Pause, then pursed lips and a side nod. Translation: I like having my dinner made for me and I''m not stupid enough to complain this is bad.

2. Pause, head cock, and a ''hm, good.'' Translation: decent, edible, not bad.

3. No pause...smile, and a ''yummEEEE.'' Translation: Very good indeed.

4. No pause, head jerk and a ''WHOA!'' Translation: I am SO happy I married you!!!

Ha ha -- I''m going to have to borrow Traveling Guy''s review system so there is no ambiguity in my husband''s mind when I''m "giving feedback" on something he''s cooked, LOL!

Just back from 60 minutes on the eliptical (607 calories). I had progress soup for dinner (200 cal) and I have a snack pack of potato chips screaming my name (110 cal), but even that will only take me to 1124 for the day so if I get the urge I can easily slip in a 60 cal pudding snack pack before I go to bed.

Mara, I see those sandwiches in Starbucks every time I stop in to get coffee but my concern is always the bread. It doesn''t get soggy in those packages by the time you eat it?

Aurelia

Shiny_Rock
DJ -- hope you had a better day today!

actually the Starbucks'' sandwiches are quite good... not soggy at all, but I suppose it might depend what time of day it is, and the store itself!

have your shins been acting up anymore??

Aurelia

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aurelia - Yes, today was MUCH better!

Thanks for asking about my shins. I've only tried walking a few times, and only now after I've done the bike and the eliptical for 40 minutes before so I think warming the up is key because they have felt pretty good except for some very minor tightness (and I probably only notice that becuase I'm so conscious of it right now). This weekend I plan on tying a 30 min bike/30 min treadmill workout to see how it goes but hopefully all the stretches I've been doing will help too.

I tried to look up the nutritional info on the sandwiches on the Starbucks site but they only have info for the breakfast sandwiches in my zip code. One nice thing I learned though is that the pumpkin loaf that I get on rare occasions is not as bad for me as I was afraid of (but then I have to eat it with cream cheese--light of course!--so I'm probably not really doing myself any favors!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results