shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 8th Jan till 14th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy new week!

Well, last week's thread got off to a great start for the new year, everyone has such a positive attitude and has done really well!

I so enjoy the feeling that I have made this happen for myself, been able to create a fit and healthy body without starving myself, it takes commitment and hard work, but for me NOT working out is not an option any more. I feel so much better in so many ways, it is easy for those just beginning to start working out at a gym, dieting etc to fall by the wayside at the beginning of February, and find it too hard to sustain. There has to be a balance - all or nothing never works. Take small steps to begin with, don't overdo things with working out, fitness and increased endurance take time to develop, DON'T think you have failed if you decide to have that cake with your coffee. Here on this workout thread we are not about perfection, but about BALANCE. We work hard to stay in shape but we play hard too. We have mostly found a way which works for us long term, but if we really want that piece of cake or the chips we have them - but maybe work a little harder in the gym the next day to compensate!

Going towards the reward is the same as any journey - you will find rocks in your path at times, but keep moving forwards! Keep on practising making better choices for yourself, results will come, these will spur you on until working out and all the other benefits of taking care of yourself become second nature!

Most of all ENJOY the journey and the anticipation of the new, fitter and healthier person you will become!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning Lorelei and everyone!

Well I am definitely feeling thinner! Not a lot, but enough that I can notice it and it''s very encouraging.

For breakfast I had 1/2 cup fiber one (I''ve actually become fond of the regular version!) with skim milk and a banana. Lunch will be Progresso chicken and wild rice soup, and I have a cucumber and carrot salad with Whole Foods fat free vinigarette for late afternoon.

Tonight, if it doesn''t snow, my best girlfriend and I are planning on going out for a steak. She has been pestering me to go to a particular restaurant for a while and I figure it''s time. I am planning on the petite filet and (gasp!) the french fries, but I''ve already plugged everything I am going to eat today into my spreadhsheet and I will only be at the top of the range that sparkpeople says I should be eating, so that won''t be so bad. And of course if it does snow I''ll just work out and have a light dinner.

Happy Monday!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee - you are doing great, being able to tailor your eating and working out to suit you and getting great results! Keep it up and don''t feel bad about the fries!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies!

Well, I did my workout with my trainer this morning and did 20 minutes of cardio before she got there. I''m tired but not too bad.

And... I lost weight last week! I overslept my Saturday Weight Watchers meeting but weighed myself on my scale and I was down 1.8 lbs. I went to the meeting on Sunday instead and their scale said I lost .8 pounds. But, a loss is a loss so I''m not going to fret over the number.

I went to the supermarket yesterday and bought lots of fruit and vegetables and good things to make for lunch. I made a pact with my fiance that I will only have one drink if we go out during the week but that I will try not to eat out as much. Also, I will not taste the food I make at school unless it''s absolutely necessary. We''re in pastry right now so really, who needs to taste a cake to know that it''s delicious!

Thanks for all the inspiration ladies!

Happy Monday!

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
Rod, congrats on your new home. I hope your Tampa house sells fast. What an exciting time for you!

Mara, that mac and cheese sounds awesome! I''ve been making pasta dishes alot this last week though (lazy!), so I might wait a while to try that one. love truffle oil. it''s sitting in my fridge screaming "hey you, hurry up and make something you can dump me on!"

I went to the Y on sat morning and got all set up there w/ the fitlinx system and had a great workout. Yesterday me and my guy went for our 4 mile route and maybe ran 1.5 mi and fast-walked the rest. So this morning I was thinking well, that''s enough, and I''ll go back to the Y tommorow. But you know what? After reading Lorelie''s motivational words, and reading about Rod''s 3 hr workout, I decided to go to the Y again this morning. Thanks guys.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
Amanda Panda, you''re in culinary school!?! so cool! It seems to me like it would always be necessary to taste stuff , even if it''s just a little crumb, to learn from your practice. Can you taste it and spit it out? sorry if that''s really gross or ridiculous, Im just thinking of wine-tasting or something like that. Oh, and good job on the weight loss! keep up the good work!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AWESOME weight loss Nej - CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emsmilep.gif
emotion-19.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 10:37:01 AM
Author: nejarb
Amanda Panda, you''re in culinary school!?! so cool! It seems to me like it would always be necessary to taste stuff , even if it''s just a little crumb, to learn from your practice. Can you taste it and spit it out? sorry if that''s really gross or ridiculous, Im just thinking of wine-tasting or something like that. Oh, and good job on the weight loss! keep up the good work!
I guess I technically could spit it out, but I''d have to do it in front of everyone and I''m not so into that. I could take teeny tiny bites, but with this section, I''d almost rather not taste it since I''m not planning on going into pastry anyway. The next section starts next month and it''s only a month long and then I''m done!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning everyone!

this morning i decided to try something new...a friend of mine is in love with oatmeal and swears by it. she's losing some weight and concentrating on eating things with low sugar and carb intake (she's borderline diabetic) and says oatmeal is a miracle food for her! so i was like okay lets see. so this morning i microwaved some oatmeal in a bowl with water. added a handful of fresh blueberries, a dash of heavy whipping cream and some sugar free maple syrup. it's yummy but the berries are throwing me off, lol, they are really tart so it's kind of working against my maple idea! next time i might not put the berries into the oatmeal. but in any case it's still really yummy and it has fiber and protein . i love maple and brown sugar oatmeal but oatmeal has so many calories and typically doesn't keep me full so it will be interesting to see if this does better than the oatmeal i have had in the past (aka quaker or kashi).

lunch was going to be the whole foods salad i got yesterday but now i am wavering..i might just eat some vegetable beef soup and save the salad for dinner tonite. we'll see. my stomach/esophagus feels a little better this morning, so we'll see how the day progresses. today is not a gym day so i plan to take P for a walk tonite when i get home and get a little outdoor exercise in. it's been rather chilly lately...lol the rest of the country is experiencing such warm weather in the east coast that greg was asking me 'so why do we live here in california?' the other day, hahaa.

yay DJ i am so glad you feel this is working for you. your steak and fries sounds awesome. that is kind of my mentality too. if i know i am going out at night, i try to have a more lean eating day...aka no splurges elsewhere and nothing super large for calorie intake. that way when i go out at night, i can do whatever i want and chances are it's not THAT bad for me. well sometimes it is, hah...but a small steak and fries is not bad! have a side salad as well with just oil and vinegar (on the side) that you can supplement with. sometimes you just gotta have fries!

have fun at the gym nejarb. it is pretty inspirational to hear about people's workouts on here. i was thinking about it on the way to the gym yesterday. sometimes i go to the gym with the intention to only do like 30 minutes...aka if i am feeling tired or if i am not feeling totally up to par. but then i think well gosh ROD is over there doing 3 hour workouts. lorelei works out an hour every day. so come on, is 30 minutes really cutting it? hehe. so sometimes that definitely mentally pushes me too. like yesterday because of my stomach thing i thought oh 35 max on the elliptical. but i felt okay so i went to 50. sometimes i have to FORCE myself to stop, because i don't need a higher calorie burn anymore. there was a time when i wanted the 700 or 800 cal burn but now honestly if i do that 4x a week i'd have to eat way more to not lose, and i just am not into it. i'm at a place now where i am comfortable with what i am eating and what i am doing for workouts and even though sometimes i wish i could work out longer or harder, i've already reached my goals. it's kinda sad! hahaha. the other day greg was like 'well you should just work out less' when i told him about those 2 lbs i lost last week, and i said 'but i LIKE it!!'. so now i am trying to find some sort of balance between food and workouts so that i can maintain happily. i might add in another fresh fruit serving a day or a dairy like milk or cheese or a slice of toast or something...so at least it's a natural calorie addition with some benefits, aka not a processed snack.

anyhow hope everyone has a great day. good luck with the tasting aka not tasting, AP!! and congrats on getting the fridge stocked with good stuff. that is half the battle, honestly.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2007 11:18:40 AM
Author: Mara
morning everyone!

this morning i decided to try something new...a friend of mine is in love with oatmeal and swears by it. she's losing some weight and concentrating on eating things with low sugar and carb intake (she's borderline diabetic) and says oatmeal is a miracle food for her! so i was like okay lets see. so this morning i microwaved some oatmeal in a bowl with water. added a handful of fresh blueberries, a dash of heavy whipping cream and some sugar free maple syrup. it's yummy but the berries are throwing me off, lol, they are really tart so it's kind of working against my maple idea! next time i might not put the berries into the oatmeal. but in any case it's still really yummy and it has fiber and protein . i love maple and brown sugar oatmeal but oatmeal has so many calories and typically doesn't keep me full so it will be interesting to see if this does better than the oatmeal i have had in the past (aka quaker or kashi).

lunch was going to be the whole foods salad i got yesterday but now i am wavering..i might just eat some vegetable beef soup and save the salad for dinner tonite. we'll see. my stomach/esophagus feels a little better this morning, so we'll see how the day progresses. today is not a gym day so i plan to take P for a walk tonite when i get home and get a little outdoor exercise in. it's been rather chilly lately...lol the rest of the country is experiencing such warm weather in the east coast that greg was asking me 'so why do we live here in california?' the other day, hahaa.

yay DJ i am so glad you feel this is working for you. your steak and fries sounds awesome. that is kind of my mentality too. if i know i am going out at night, i try to have a more lean eating day...aka no splurges elsewhere and nothing super large for calorie intake. that way when i go out at night, i can do whatever i want and chances are it's not THAT bad for me. well sometimes it is, hah...but a small steak and fries is not bad! have a side salad as well with just oil and vinegar (on the side) that you can supplement with. sometimes you just gotta have fries!

have fun at the gym nejarb. it is pretty inspirational to hear about people's workouts on here. i was thinking about it on the way to the gym yesterday. sometimes i go to the gym with the intention to only do like 30 minutes...aka if i am feeling tired or if i am not feeling totally up to par. but then i think well gosh ROD is over there doing 3 hour workouts. lorelei works out an hour every day. so come on, is 30 minutes really cutting it? hehe. so sometimes that definitely mentally pushes me too. like yesterday because of my stomach thing i thought oh 35 max on the elliptical. but i felt okay so i went to 50. sometimes i have to FORCE myself to stop, because i don't need a higher calorie burn anymore. there was a time when i wanted the 700 or 800 cal burn but now honestly if i do that 4x a week i'd have to eat way more to not lose, and i just am not into it. i'm at a place now where i am comfortable with what i am eating and what i am doing for workouts and even though sometimes i wish i could work out longer or harder, i've already reached my goals. it's kinda sad! hahaha. the other day greg was like 'well you should just work out less' when i told him about those 2 lbs i lost last week, and i said 'but i LIKE it!!'. so now i am trying to find some sort of balance between food and workouts so that i can maintain happily. i might add in another fresh fruit serving a day or a dairy like milk or cheese or a slice of toast or something...so at least it's a natural calorie addition with some benefits, aka not a processed snack.

anyhow hope everyone has a great day. good luck with the tasting aka not tasting, AP!! and congrats on getting the fridge stocked with good stuff. that is half the battle, honestly.

Hehehe.....This works for me too - thinking well Mara has been burning such and such calories for example, it inspires me to work harder and I don't feel so alone, knowing my WWT buddies are hard at it too! Real people and real results, that is what is so great about this thread!

I hope you are feeling better Mara
35.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Mara -- just a note about oatmeal. If you can microwave it, it''s not good for you. You need to get steel cut or whole grain (I think that''s the name) and it has to be the one that cooks for about 20-30 mintues. Otherwise, all of the ''good stuff'' has been pre-washed out of there in order for you to be able to cook it in 2 minutes.

Just one of the many things I''ve learned in culinary school!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 11:31:43 AM
Author: AmandaPanda
Mara -- just a note about oatmeal. If you can microwave it, it''s not good for you. You need to get steel cut or whole grain (I think that''s the name) and it has to be the one that cooks for about 20-30 mintues. Otherwise, all of the ''good stuff'' has been pre-washed out of there in order for you to be able to cook it in 2 minutes.

Amanda,

Woulld you go so far as to say it''s not good for you, or is it just not as good for you as steel cut or whole grain? There is still nutritional value in microwavable oatmeal, it''s just not as beneficial. Just a thought.

~K

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 11:48:05 AM
Author: KimberlyH

Amanda,

Woulld you go so far as to say it''s not good for you, or is it just not as good for you as steel cut or whole grain? There is still nutritional value in microwavable oatmeal, it''s just not as beneficial. Just a thought.

~K
Sure, there is nutritional value, but it''s basically the same as eating white bread. There are no whole grains in microwavable oatmeal.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Well I ate like a pig yesterday......pasta...lots of it
14.gif
and chicken parm........my husband wanted pasta yesterday and i told myself that i''d only have a normal portion.....i had 2 big portions. Well i''m back on the wagon...today i had oatmeal and a glass of 1%milk. I''m having a vegetarian veg. soup for lunch...and i''m undecided about dinner right now.....whats everyone having for dinner? Its so miserable outside today and i''m in the mood to make something different.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m an oatmeal in the morning kind of person too, really keeps me full. But I just don''t have the patience for the 30 minute stuff. I''ve been eating the quaker low-sugar oatmeal and find it very satisfying and low in calories, but I guess I can''t count on it to be my whole grains for the day. It does have benefit if it keeps me away from office pastries though.

My victory last night was not ordering in while my FI is away. I actually heated up some lamb from the freezer and it was great. Tonight is our neighborhood association elections, so dinner will be late, but I brought some hummus to work to stave off hunger until I can cook a proper dinner.

The scale says I''ve lost 3 pounds since last week and my pants are not tight. I think the "holiday bloat" has gone away.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm,

Good luck with the oatmean all. I tried it for a while, but felt really unsatisfied. I''m the type of person who needs to
chew something, I don''t like any gooey foods. I hate jello, hate pudding. It''s actually quite funny, I don''t even like ice cream (unless it has chunks of chewable stuff in it--- like chocolate chunk... yum!)
When I eat yogurt I have to cut up big chunks of fruit (like pineapple) to make it appealing to me.

I''m pretty psyched, the knee is really feeling better. I''m going to continue with light cardio (elliptical and walking uphill) this week followed by weights (basically following my physical therapy that I had to do post knee surgeries) to build up quad and hamstring strenght. I''ve been spending about an hour and half at the gym lately. That works for me right now.

Ski trip starts Saturday, and I will resume running when we return next week. Training for a half marathon in March.

Happy Monday ALL!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well, I''ve not exercised since Dec. 22nd (kids out of school) and I thought I''d die today during my workout, but it was no problem at all...... Power ride, weights, abd work and some stretching/yoga. Around 75 minutes. Tomorrow going to add a swim to that at the gym.

Enjoy your week everyone!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
on the oatmeal, as long as there''s fiber in it i don''t really care if other nutrients are lost, hahha. plus my girlfriend microwaves hers all the time and she''s seen her fabulous results so who knows. it''s 2.5 hours later and i''m still full so that''s a good sign!! if you google microwaving oatmeal you can find a variety of people saying yes it''s bad and others saying it doesn''t matter etc.

it''s also actually not microwaveable oatmeal...it''s regular quaker oats (not quick cook)...i just threw it in the microwave because i was lazy, haha. i guess another method is just to boil the water in the micro then add it to the grains. no way am i doing 20-30 minute oatmeal!

tybee i really like the dannon light n fit yogurt, it''s only 60 cals and pretty tasty for yogurt...i add real fruit to it sometimes or flax seed.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 11:57:57 AM

Date: 1/8/2007 11:48:05 AM
Author: KimberlyH

Amanda,

~K
Sure, there is nutritional value, but it''s basically the same as eating white bread. There are no whole grains in microwavable oatmeal.
That makes sense, thanks for clarification!
35.gif

Had a great workout this morning, burned 600 cals on the elliptical and an additional 50 or so using arm weights and doing sit ups.

Last night was a gorge fest, 6 oz. filet mignon, a salad and kaona cream creme brulee w/ pineapple marmalade. OMG, can you say yum? I sure did.

Today it''s back to normal. I have to get my workouts in today, tomorrow, Wed. and Sun. as I am going to Sacramento to visit a friend and her new baby Thurs-Sat and it''s going to be a busy trip. I''m trying to arrange to see too many people in such a short period of time so working out and participating in school while there is simply out of the question.

Everyone continues to do terrificly, congratulations to all you WWTers!!!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I went to my total body training class during lunch today, but today he only worked us for 30 minutes instead of 45 b/c it was the first workout of the year for most of the people in our class. But once I got back upstairs and saw King Cake all over the place, I wished I'd had that extra 15 mintues. The pros and cons of working with cajuns...really yummy food that is really bad for you. My actual lunch is wheat spaghetti with a turkey meatsauce (leftovers).

Also I bougt some Kashi cereal & granola bars this week...I got the Go Lean Crunch Honey Almond Flax b/c it sounded good. I haven't had the granola bar yet, but the cereal wasn't the greatest...I spent all morning trying to think of what the taste reminded me of, and its something like stale Pops cereal. It did however sustain me through the morning, but I was also really busy so that might have been partially responsible. Maybe it will taste better if I add some banana or something. I do really like the special K vanilla almond...so most likely I'll be switching to that.

Rod, Happy Belated Birthday! And congrats on the new place...it sounds awesome.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
happy Monday everyone!

Woke up today morning for a 7AM gyrotonics class. I think I was asleep for half of it, but it sure does work out al kinds of muscles. I''ll try to go for a power walk later today to supplement it.

The girls I workout with and I went to breakfast for a treat! eggwhite and veggie omelette for me, and I splurged by having a couple small scones. I should stay full for quite a few hours!

Best news from the weekend...managed to get through 2 parties and one dinner with NO ALCOHOL! Whoo hoo! A booze free month has not been as hard as I thought...I just pack up some sparkling water and some lime and I have something to keep my mouth occupied.

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday was my day off from working out and my splurge dinner. NYCSparkle, I ate like a pig too!!! There''s this great french restaurant that starts you off with a tower of various sausages and a giant basket of fresh fruit and vegetables along with great pate and some kind delicious mustard (?) sauce. FI had the beef stew and I had a steak. Then my dessert was creme caramel. Okay, now that I''ve relished in the memory of last night''s dinner, let''s start this week!

Lorelei, I was thinking this morning about what I would do if I fell off the WWT wagon. This weekend I didn''t pay as much attention to my calories and I didn''t care. That scared me a little this morning...but after reading everyone''s posts, I realized that it''s normal. I''ll just spend a few minutes today entering my calories (however high they may be from last night''s dinner) and keep moving on.

As for my workout today, I''m not sure what to do. It''s raining in NY and apparently there is a "mysterious smell permeating Manhattan" which I think is a total riot! It''s the top story on CNN.com and no one knows what the heck is going on. I don''t mind running in the rain, but I DO mind running and breathing in gaseous fumes. I need to get my hands on a copy of Bryan Kest''s Power Yoga. I did a few workouts on there, and it made me sweat as much as a good cardio workout. He does some great sequences that really get my heart pumping. I''ll have to check amazon.com.

AmandaPanda, I was watching the foodnetwork yesterday and totally wished I could go to culinary school. I''m so in awe of chefs!!! Oh, and I think if you want to, you should allow yourself one tiny bite of whatever you bake. It''ll be a lesson in self-control, and also affirmation that you DO bake a mean pastry!! Two ego boosters in one!

DeeJay, I''ve told you before but I have to say it again. I''m always SO happy to read your posts. You always get me to laugh out loud and I admire your progress. I think we joined the WWT around the same time, and while I kept falling off the workout wagon in the past couple weeks, you just keep getting better and better. AND you''re at the point where you can feel the results! I have not yet seen results...clothes are still very tight.

Nejarb, congrats on joining the Y and getting a system set up there! sumbride I didn''t get to reply to your OMG Rats! thread, but it sounds like you''re doing quite well on your own while your FI is away. Congrats on losing 3lbs!! How often do you do your water aerobics?

Mara, I used to eat dannon light ''n fit everyday for breakfast (either a cup of yogurt or one of their yogurt smoothies). I think it''s a great choice for everyone who doesn''t mind Splenda. They taste great too. Then I worked with a woman who totally overdosed on Splenda and all of my coworkers could see how it affected her personality. She would put 20 packets of Splenda in her tea and she just seemed like she couldn''t think straight anymore. Anyway, all that turned me off from Splenda.

A friend is leaving for China next week, and he''s having two parties this week. One is an All You Can Eat Sushi event (Wednesday) and another is a big party at a NY club. So I have to mentally prepare myself not to gorge during the sushi event. And I hope I can get in enough workouts this week to make up for it!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh TGal I submitted my post after yours went up. What is gyrotonics?

Congrats on continuing to be booze-free!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
CJ, check out http://gyrotonic.com/equipment.htm . I work out on the machine labeled "The Cobra"

An hour of this probably doesn't burn a ton of calories...maybe 200-300. But BOY can they make your body burn. I think it's essentially strength training and stretching, which is great for me as I went to physical therapy for my back and neck and it didn't do much. Pilates and Gyrotonics have been wonderful.

It's expensive at $40 an hour session, but it's only myself and two other friends with an instructor. He positions your body and makes sure you are doing all the exercises correctly and it's a serious core focused workout. I have been doing pilates and this for about a month now and I see a difference...I can't pinpoint exactly where the difference lies, but my back hurts less. I remember once sitting at my desk and thinking...whoa...I have had at least 3 hours go by without noticing any pain. That's amazing for me as I feel pain pretty much every minute of the day in my back/neck/shoulders - sometimes dull, sometimes sharp and stabbing. The only other time I remember feeling no back pain was during marathon training...but that was because everything else hurt more!!!!

ETA, if you look at the Cobra, don't be scared...it's not an S&M machine, I swear (although when I first got strapped into it, I felt distinctly uncomfortable.)

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
LOL TGal!!!!!!!!! That IS an S&M machine!!!! Goodness! Hahaha. I love the idea of taking a Pilates Reformer class...but first need to come up with the funds to do so. I feel like mat pilates doesn''t come CLOSE to the reformer...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2007 2:07:03 PM
Author: CrownJewel

DeeJay, I've told you before but I have to say it again. I'm always SO happy to read your posts. You always get me to laugh out loud and I admire your progress. I think we joined the WWT around the same time, and while I kept falling off the workout wagon in the past couple weeks, you just keep getting better and better. AND you're at the point where you can feel the results! I have not yet seen results...clothes are still very tight.

Ha ha CJ, I think you might be giving me too much credit. In terms of my "progress" I'm talking about "Holy cow--I might actually have a *waist*," not "Woah--is that Kate Moss I see in the mirror?!" LOL.

And believe me, no one is going to nominate me for WWT sainthood; I'm just trying to balance the badness with some goodness (for a change!) and see what happens.
2.gif

Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure that tower of sausage was delish and there's nothing wrong with enjoying life a little. But now you're back on track and starting the week fresh.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 2:38:31 PM
LOL TGal!!!!!!!!! That IS an S&M machine!!!! Goodness! Hahaha. I love the idea of taking a Pilates Reformer class...but first need to come up with the funds to do so. I feel like mat pilates doesn''t come CLOSE to the reformer...
It''s really awesome CJ...there are so many things you can do wrong with mat pilates. If you take a small class with the reformer, it just makes a big difference. I did mat pilates from a DVD and I didn''t see what the hoopla was about. I LOVE doing pilates with the reformer.

It IS a lot of money. The studio I go to is pricey (posher part of town). My friend takes a class where the max is 8 people and she pays $16 per class. I pay $33 a class but it is only the three of us. I even feel a difference when one of my friends doesn''t show up and the two of us get so much more attention. Right now I can''t imagine doing it with 7 other people, but I am a beginner.

I went to physical therapy once a week, and it was a $25 copay. I am doing this instead and feel it is worth the money (and if I go once a week, it''s only $8 more). However, going 2 times a week is great. I just need to make sure I do some cardio workouts too.

BTW, the gyro works more in "3D" space. Doesn''t seem like there is any room for cheating on a gyro machine. But I like both.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2007 2:44:33 PM
Author: Dee*Jay

Date: 1/8/2007 2:07:03 PM

DeeJay, I've told you before but I have to say it again. I'm always SO happy to read your posts. You always get me to laugh out loud and I admire your progress. I think we joined the WWT around the same time, and while I kept falling off the workout wagon in the past couple weeks, you just keep getting better and better. AND you're at the point where you can feel the results! I have not yet seen results...clothes are still very tight.

Ha ha CJ, I think you might be giving me too much credit. In terms of my 'progress' I'm talking about 'Holy cow--I might actually have a *waist*,' not 'Woah--is that Kate Moss I see in the mirror?!' LOL.

And believe me, no one is going to nominate me for WWT sainthood; I'm just trying to balance the badness with some goodness (for a change!) and see what happens.
2.gif

Don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure that tower of sausage was delish and there's nothing wrong with enjoying life a little. But now you're back on track and starting the week fresh.
LOL, the day I see Kate Moss in the mirror is the day I start a "weekly porkout thread."

I think what you are seeing is great and realistic. I remember a couple of years ago when I was really healthy and saw the faintest glimmer of my ribs when I stretched. I was like "whoa, what is that??? Haven't seen that in YEARS!" I also made sure not to lose any more weight...nuthin' grosser than an overdose of ribbiness.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey DJ a waist is a positive thing and kate moss is WAY overrated! hehee.

CJ...yeah i think everything in moderation. i actually don't LIKE splenda or that artificial taste of any sub, but i can tolerate it in certain foods. i think the only things i eat with it is my jello cups and the yogurt. and i don't add splenda to anything in packets, yuck!! i can't imagine 20 packets in a cup of tea, yikes!!

oh and lorelei...i wanted to highly agree that it's all about balance!! i love food and love cooking and it's my new thing to try to healthy-ize recipes to make them better for me and more workable on a weekly basis. and we love going out to eat...but i also like the idea of knowing i am being 'good' to my body during the week. overall its a really great feeling.

eleguin

Shiny_Rock
Happy Monday everyone!

For the past few weeks I have been on a pretty strict workout routine. I''ve been doing at least half an hour of cardio every night when I get home from work (minus a few nights when I didn''t get home till midnight). Last week was great because I was able to get off work so early (around 7-8) so I got home with plenty of time to work out. I did about 1 hour of cardio on a few of those days. It definitely feels great afterwards!

This weekend was marked by a lot of food
3.gif
On Friday my friend and I went to Bond St, one of the hip sushi places that people in NYC like to rave about. All the reviews were spot on because the sushi was so delicious! It was so good and nice to look at, I couldn''t help but snap a picture of it:

DSC02188-vi.jpg

I can''t even imagine how many calories are on that platter (which I shared with my friend, not on my own!!), but sometimes you just can''t feel that bad about food that good. Restaurant week in NYC is coming up at the end of this month. I already have 3 reservation and can''t wait!

So on Saturday, FI and I went to visit my parents. My mom had gotten an 18 pound turkey for free after spending some amount of dollars at the supermarket over the holidays, so she cooked up what looked like thanksgiving dinner part 2. She also packed us half the turkey to take home since we are so busy during the work week. We got home that night and I did 1 hour of cardio and burned 500 calories.

Yesterday we stayed home to watch the NFL playoffs (more like FI watching and me complaining about losing the TV for 8 hours). I made a strawberry and banana shake with a little bit of low-fat milk and lots of ice. It was so yummy and filling. For dinner, I made my own version of jambalaya using a mix of seafood and meat (shrimp, scallop, chorizo, and some of my mom''s turkey) and lots of veggies (peppers, onions, celery) and long-grained rice, seasoned with paprika, pepper, and thyme. It came out soo tasty!

We''ve got a lot of leftovers for tonight. I was thinking of making some tortilla wraps with my whole wheat flower and using that to wrap some turkey and veggies with peking duck sauce. Peking duck is one of my favorites and the sauce is really what makes it taste so great. It works great on turkey too and I believe turkey white meat is healthier than duck. I am also going to the gym tonight for hopefully 1 hour.

I''ve felt more "snacky" than usual these past few days. I tend to feel that way the week before that time of the month. Does anyone else have increased cravings around that time? How do you combat that?

Anyway, happy working out this week everyone, and happy eating too! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results