shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 8th Jan till 14th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif

Date: 1/9/2007 11:35:00 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Thanks again for the tip!

Haighs chocolate in the house. I just LOVE that stuff. Think I will go and get some as a treat now....
Oh TravelingGal Haigh''s is made in my home town
30.gif

My daughter was down there last week visiting the rels and her godsisters and came back with her essentail supply of Haigh''s chocolate frogs
21.gif

My husband really misses the Haigh''s chocolate ginger and I miss big time the CHoclate Freckles
3.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 11:46:08 PM
Author: katebar
30.gif

Date: 1/9/2007 11:35:00 PM
Thanks again for the tip!

Haighs chocolate in the house. I just LOVE that stuff. Think I will go and get some as a treat now....
Oh TravelingGal Haigh's is made in my home town
30.gif

My daughter was down there last week visiting the rels and her godsisters and came back with her essentail supply of Haigh's chocolate frogs
21.gif

My husband really misses the Haigh's chocolate ginger and I miss big time the CHoclate Freckles
3.gif
I love it...for chocolate without frills, it's my fav chocolate in the world. Something about the flavor. Not too sweet and a wonderful finish. I can still taste the little dark choc frog I just had.

TGuy is from Adelaide, and I think it started there? Where is your hometown? I am not sure where they are actually made...I am too busy eating them...
9.gif
We currently have milk frogs, dark frogs, and some kind of nut (macadamia, I think) covered in milk. I just like the little frogs. That big frog is too much for me! My fav biscuits are Mint Slices...I have to beg them NOT to bring them when they come because I can eat the whole thing. We actually got all the haighs sent over for xmas, and this is the first bit I've had. Talk about discipline!

Mara, I may have to try that dressing when I am done with the ones in my fridge. Or I may just continue to feed the crack habit and see if I can buy another bottle at Olive Garden. For a small salad, it really isn't a lot of cals for the flavor, is it?
36.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2007 11:52:21 PM

TGuy is from Adelaide, and I think it started there? Where is your hometown? I am not sure where they are actually made...I am too busy eating them...
9.gif
We currently have milk frogs, dark frogs, and some kind of nut (macadamia, I think) covered in milk. I just like the little frogs. That big frog is too much for me! My fav biscuits are Mint Slices...I have to beg them NOT to bring them when they come because I can eat the whole thing. We actually got all the haighs sent over for xmas, and this is the first bit I've had. Talk about discipline!

Date: 1/9/2007 11:46:08 PM
Author: katebar
30.gif

We always giggle that Adelaide is such a small town but the reality is the world is a small town
6.gif
Fancy your boy coming from Adealaide! Guess what the Haigh's chocolate factory is in my sisters old street in Parkside an inner suburb about 1 km from the city centre. They also have a shop in Adelaide on Bee hive Corner and one in Jetty Rd at Glenelg. There are also Haigh's chocolate shops throughout Australia but it is still a very small family business. Your right nothing compares to in the chocolate stakes but we never get people to post it to us in Queensland because often in would arrive in a melty mess. So go you guys for having shipped all the way over the Pacific
25.gif

Back on topic I did a HIIT workout this morning for 20 minutes then proceeded to sweat for an hour after (It is 80% humidity at the moment though) and then had a Feldenkris session to sort out my computer fatigued shoulder so I will be right for Pilates tomorrow
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ow Sevens - I hope your ankle feels better soon.
15.gif
Maybe you could try those rubber fitness resistance bands and do some upper body while your ankle heals? I have some and although I have progressed to dumbells, they do give you a good workout.

Bah - missed workout again yesterday as I had more delightful backache, caused I think by a new cylinder hoover. I have a new upright coming today.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock

Hey everyone-

It''s GREAT to see how much this thread has grown in the past few weeks. Everyone seems to still be doing great and made it through the "holiday" frenzy!!

I haven''t posted in a few weeks but I''ve still gradually been building my running endurance. I''ve been at the gym on avg. 3 times per week. I''ve definitely been trying to eat healthier again as well. My latest discovery is this new cereal. I know some of you are fans of that Kashi Go Lean and this may be similar. It''s called Essential 10 (made by Peace Cereal)... and it''s organic, contains 10g of fiber per serving, and is made of bran flakes, rolled oats, and flax seeds (I know Mara loves her flax seeds!), and its cinnamon toasted. I''m kinda surprised at how yummy it is. Oh, and the kicker is 10% of profits go to supporting "peace" organizations. Sorry, I know... sounds kinda corny.

I think I may have to try making some of those muffins!!! Those look good. I''m constantly amazed by the amount of information I learn on this thread...it really is an awesome motivator!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oatmeal for breakfast and today I''m having lunch at the Corner Bakery. I''ve been scouring the nutrituional info for the lowest cal items and it looks like I can get the chicken noodle soup for only 170 calories but I''m sure I''m going to want a roll and butter with that so I''m just counting on an extra 150 calories.
8.gif

Tonight we''re having whole wheat pasta with the sauce that the happy hubby made last night. The whole house smelled SO GOOD! But I just did my calories for the day and there won''t be any left over for wine (sometimes life just ain''t worth living... ).

Lorelei, sorry that you have a backache. But take it easy because back things can nag if you aren''t careful.

Mara, sparkpeople says my calorie range is 1210-1560 and my fat is 27-61 (seems like a big range, doesn''t it?). They are also only counting on 560 calories burned from exercise, so I''m ahead of the game there.

Are we doing a Wednesday morning weight in? I think I remember that from last week''s thread and now I can''t find it. Anyway, if so, I am down a pound from last Wednesday and down 3.5 lbs from when I started posting on Dec. 11. Woohoo!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just went out and did a careful half hour on the treadmill, no elliptical today as it is too much pulling with the arms. I feel ok.

OUR NEW GYM IS IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
emsmilep.gif
emotion-19.gif

Hubby rang a minute ago to tell me, we have been waiting a long time for this!

I will be able to do some proper weightlifting soon - yippee!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
DeeJay: Great job on the weight loss! And as sad as it is, there are just some days when I can''t have wine too, so I relate to how you''re feeling.

Lorelei: I''m glad you got some working out in, but sorry you''re still in pain. YAY to the gym being in.

I weighed myself this morning: 135.2. There is something to be said for calorie counting. I was able to lose all that weight without doing so but I think that as we age this just has to be a bit more regimented process, which is okay by me. I''ll do my measurements when John wakes up. I''m trying not to make too much noise as he needs the sleep, poor guy.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Morning everyone!

I did about 70 minutes at the gym with the trainer this morning. My eating wasn''t great yesterday. I held off on the chocolate, but we made brioche with sausage and I was craving protein. I made duck breast and butternut squash for dinner. I''m not sure how many points, but I can''t imagine it was great.

Today is another day though...

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
John is up (and actually moving and showering, a great sign!) so here''s this week. I lost quite a bit (2.8 lbs.) but I think it has a bit to do with last week being TTOTM. All weight loss is good weight loss though, so I''ll take it!

Week 1
Height: 5''5"
Weight: 138
Bust: 34 (DD/DDD)
Waist: 28"
Lower Waist: 31"
Bicep: 12"
Hips: 39.5"

Week 2
Height: 5''5"
Weight: 135.2
Bust: 34
Waist: 28"
Lower Waist: 32"
Bicep: 12"
Hips: 38.5”

I need to get a real measuring tape! I can''t imagine that I''ve lost an inch of my hips in a week and gained an inch in my lower waist. This whole string thing just isn''t working for me!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The weights haven''t arrived for the gym yet, they are being sent separately
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
aww lorelei...sorry to hear you still have to wait AGAIN. how frustrating!!

kimberly...i know that some people think calorie counting is crazy but honestly i think it was what worked for me to help me lose the weight..that and also working out like a fiend. hehe. for me it was really just about AWARENESS of what i am eating which i definitely didn't have before. the more aware i am of what food is made of, the more or less likely i am to eat it. or if i still eat it and it's bad, at least i know it and i'm not deluding myself thinking it's great. portions also were something i kind of had to relearn. i can eat a lot! sometimes i still do. aka the burger that we had the other night, they are pretty big, i ate my whole burger and more than 1/2 the basket of fries. greg was like WOW. but i must have been really hungry and needed the protein and boost. typically now i eat only 1/2 of something and have smaller portions than greg at night etc. but i definitely have the capability to eat a ton...hehee...boyfriends have commented on it in the past. i think it's amazing i didn't have more to lost than ~10 lbs! really i would say the thing i learned the most in the last year...is to listen to my body when it's speaking to me. hungry? eat something good for me rather than trash. going for a splurge? really hungry? eat whatever you want!! eat the whole plate if you are starving or your body 'feels' like it needs the fuel, just make sure to not overstuff yourself...because the feeling that comes after is just no fun. by doing this i have really changed more than just portions or whatever for me...it's more about 'do i really want that? or would i rather stop now and have THAT over there?' it's less mindless eating i suppose.

hhee. anyway, i have read and read that when you reach a plateau, add in a harder exercise or longer or a different one AND change eating habits slightly...sometimes eating more cals than you think you might need. so i'm glad to see that something worked for you...!!

i will get my measurements when i go upstairs to shower..but yesterday the scale at the gym said ~135.5 (it's been between 134-136 for the last few days). so i'll post my Wed Weekly Weigh In soon.

last nite after dinner i ended up having a bowl of cinammon life and some 1% milk and a 10 cal jello cup. my cals for the day were just about 1350 which is not even making my min cals according to sparkpeople, but i had 1750 the night before so i figure they kind of even out. i aim to reach about 1400-1600 daily during the week and then have two 2k calorie days on friday and saturdays due to eating out. then it all kind of averages to about 1700 per day and my range now is 1600-1900 to maintain my weight and workout 4x a week. so hopefully this kind of works out to not lose more weight and just stay where i am (and continue to burn fat hopefully!).

this morning i had the super yummy oatmeal again with 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and a dollop of the josephs syrup (yum) and also i had a piece of the 45 cal toast with the smart balance spread and my coffee. lunch will be vegetable beef soup, snack is muffin and popcorn and probably a fruit of some sort (banana or pear or blueberries). no workout tonite so i will take P for a 1.5m walk around the block tonite and then make us grilled cheese and salads, hehee.

anyway hope everyone has a great weigh in and a wonderful day!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 11:15:26 AM
Author: Mara
aww lorelei...sorry to hear you still have to wait AGAIN. how frustrating!!

kimberly...i know that some people think calorie counting is crazy but honestly i think it was what worked for me to help me lose the weight..that and also working out like a fiend. hehe. for me it was really just about AWARENESS of what i am eating which i definitely didn''t have before. the more aware i am of what food is made of, the more or less likely i am to eat it. or if i still eat it and it''s bad, at least i know it and i''m not deluding myself thinking it''s great. portions also were something i kind of had to relearn. i can eat a lot! sometimes i still do. aka the burger that we had the other night, they are pretty big, i ate my whole burger and more than 1/2 the basket of fries. greg was like WOW. but i must have been really hungry and needed the protein and boost. typically now i eat only 1/2 of something and have smaller portions than greg at night etc. but i definitely have the capability to eat a ton...hehee...boyfriends have commented on it in the past. i think it''s amazing i didn''t have more to lost than ~10 lbs! really i would say the thing i learned the most in the last year...is to listen to my body when it''s speaking to me. hungry? eat something good for me rather than trash. going for a splurge? really hungry? eat whatever you want!! eat the whole plate if you are starving or your body ''feels'' like it needs the fuel, just make sure to not overstuff yourself...because the feeling that comes after is just no fun. by doing this i have really changed more than just portions or whatever for me...it''s more about ''do i really want that? or would i rather stop now and have THAT over there?'' it''s less mindless eating i suppose.

hhee. anyway, i have read and read that when you reach a plateau, add in a harder exercise or longer or a different one AND change eating habits slightly...sometimes eating more cals than you think you might need. so i''m glad to see that something worked for you...!!

i will get my measurements when i go upstairs to shower..but yesterday the scale at the gym said ~135.5 (it''s been between 134-136 for the last few days). so i''ll post my Wed Weekly Weigh In soon.

last nite after dinner i ended up having a bowl of cinammon life and some 1% milk and a 10 cal jello cup. my cals for the day were just about 1350 which is not even making my min cals according to sparkpeople, but i had 1750 the night before so i figure they kind of even out. i aim to reach about 1400-1600 daily during the week and then have two 2k calorie days on friday and saturdays due to eating out. then it all kind of averages to about 1700 per day and my range now is 1600-1900 to maintain my weight and workout 4x a week. so hopefully this kind of works out to not lose more weight and just stay where i am (and continue to burn fat hopefully!).

this morning i had the super yummy oatmeal again with 2 teaspoons of brown sugar and a dollop of the josephs syrup (yum) and also i had a piece of the 45 cal toast with the smart balance spread and my coffee. lunch will be vegetable beef soup, snack is muffin and popcorn and probably a fruit of some sort (banana or pear or blueberries). no workout tonite so i will take P for a 1.5m walk around the block tonite and then make us grilled cheese and salads, hehee.

anyway hope everyone has a great weigh in and a wonderful day!!!
Mara,

I''m not sure what is going on, but whatever it is I like it! I have amped up my calorie burn over the last several months in stages, which was definitely needed. I''m just going to keep doing what I''m doing and see where I land. When I was really regimented (1000 cals a day) I got down to 132. It will be interesting to see if my body is willing to go there again. It sure feels like it is. So I''m going to continue the counting as it almost feels like a puzzle.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kimberly I know what you mean. The fact that my body is STILL changing and that I am still dropping a few lbs here and there about once a month means that it''s not ready to stop yet. And I am still eating a lot and being healthy with what I eat and I work out 4x a week now instead of 6x etc. So I figure as long as I am not getting all crazy with it, aka 1k calories a day, hahaha....then my body will go where it wants, shape itself how it wants and stop when it wants. It is kind of fun for me because I feel like as long as I give it what it needs to succeed...from that point on I am just along for the ride.
5.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey girls... Ive decided to come back to this thread after getting a shock at the gym a couple of days ago. I went to weigh myself and I was 200lbs. I could have died on the scales then and there with shock. Not sure if you remember my old post about motivation, well that weighing scales has finally got me motivated. Ive worked out on monday and today, running on the threadmill and I took amber out for an hour long walk last night with D. Ive been eating very healthily too. Have to dash to collect my sister, but I will write out what Ive been eating later on this evening. I weighed myself again today and Im down 4 lbs so Im delighted and feeling very good about keeping it up.Thank you all for your motivational eating plans and exercises

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 11:49:35 AM
Author: bee*
Hey girls... Ive decided to come back to this thread after getting a shock at the gym a couple of days ago. I went to weigh myself and I was 200lbs. I could have died on the scales then and there with shock. Not sure if you remember my old post about motivation, well that weighing scales has finally got me motivated. Ive worked out on monday and today, running on the threadmill and I took amber out for an hour long walk last night with D. Ive been eating very healthily too. Have to dash to collect my sister, but I will write out what Ive been eating later on this evening. I weighed myself again today and Im down 4 lbs so Im delighted and feeling very good about keeping it up.Thank you all for your motivational eating plans and exercises
Bee,

This was the turning point for me so I know exactly how you feel. When I went to the MD 4 years ago and saw 199 on the scale (the last time I''d weighed myself I was at 155, when I got on the scale at the MD I literally closed my eyes for 2 years) I went home with a new attitude, "I will not now nor ever weigh 200 lbs." My first weigh in at WW read 200. It was hearbreaking and devestating...and quite the kick in the pants, which i needed.

Just a bit of advice regarding the journey you are embarking on, please remember big weight loss (4 lbs a week, for example) is common in the beginning. Do not expect it to continue. You will have weeks where you lose nothing, don''t get discouraged, just keep going. Don''t get on the scale every day, once a week is good enough to measure changes. Becoming obsessed with the numbers will only hurt you (see my post about when is enough enough for evidence of that). Plan to treat yourself along the way, but not with food (splurges should be incorporated into your regular diet, not rewards). 10 lbs. meant a new shirt, 20 meant new jeans. My final goal weight treat was a pair of $200 leather boots I''d been drooling over. It gave me something to look forward to.

I hope you don''t mind my advice, it''s just that I''ve been there and know how it feels. You can do it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
welcome back miss bee. don''t worry, you will be able to do it. make yourself accountable and check in with us here daily. i find that is really inspirational for me and keeps me honest at times when i might be tempted to go CRAZY. hahhaa. also i really recommend sparkpeople.com for some additional community motivation, a lot of people on there have a fair amount of weight to lose so it might be helpful to see what is working for them on a daily and weekly basis long-term as well.

so here''s my weigh in for this week. i have to go back and pull last week''s but i am off to the office so i''ll do it later and update.

height: 5''7"
weight: 135.5 lb
arm: 9.5"
bust: 35.5"
natural dip waist: 27"
lower waist (2" under belly button): 33"
hips: 37"
thigh: 20"
size: 6

so pretty much the same as last week...the hip and belly thing kind of goes up and down .5" basically just depending on the TTOTM and bloating and all that. but the weight is down about 2.5" from last week i think if i recall correctly. last saturday it was 134 and i was like woah...but this week it''s back to the 135-136 range so i figure that''s my true weight for now.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey great stats ladies!
36.gif

Here''s my wednesday weigh in numbers...

Last week:

Weight: 145.7
Bust: 37
Waist: 33.75
Hips: 40.5
Thigh: 22.25
Arm: 10

This week:
Weight: 143.1
Bust: 36 7/8
Waist: 33.5
Hips: 40.3
Thigh: 22.25
Arm: 10

Weight loss: 1.78% of body weight = 2.6 lbs

I lost more weight than I figured, but I think that is normal...probably a bit of water. My goal is one pound a week, but I''m not complaining. As Kimberly said, I know some weeks I''ll lose nothing. I think my waist stats are probably smaller because it depends on if I''m bloated or not. But the bust loss makes sense...it''s the first place that goes for me.

BTW Kimberly, even with a tape measure, it''s kind of hard. I am trying to remember *exactly* where I did the measurements as just a move up or down on my hips could make a difference. It doesn''t have to be exact...I''m just trying to see in the long run what my body is doing. I''m not going to sweat the measurements for now - unless my weight goes up AND my stats go up!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again for your advice-I welcome all of it! I understand that was a lot of weight to lose in a couple of days-my average used to be about 1lb a week. I think its just that Ive started really healthy eating and its just given my body a kick start. From now on Im only going to weight myself once a week. I just had to check today to make sure that I went off the 200lb mark. It really did frighten me when I saw that on the scales. Im only 25 and I dont want to spend the remainder of my 20''s being overweight-I want to wear lovely dresses and clothes that I dont look great in now.
for my breakfast this morning, I had crunchy nut cornflakes which I have every morning. Im still think of every thing in ww points, so my bowl was one and a half points and I use slimline milk, which is the least fattening milk sold over here, I think its the same as your 1% milk. I had a wholemeal pitta bread with hummus and tomatos for my lunch. Then I had a special k serial bar and an apple for my snack and a peach later on, and Im just after having a small amount of lasagna with salad for my dinner.
Crisps are my addiction so Im just staying off them for the time being.
From seeing the above posts, guess I''d better buy a tape measure! I havent measured my hips, waist etc in so long.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ok yesterday I ended up having a piece of tandoori chicken cutlet (skin removed) with green salad + avocado. Dinner was a roast chicken sandwich with spinach, cherry tomatoes, avocado & a smidgen of aioli. I snacked on abt 10 almonds throughout the day, and had a yoplait berry creme yogurt *yum*.

I did my calorie count for the day and it adds up to 1325. I think I am still learning this calorie thing - for example, I thought I could have a decent amt of avocado (love them!) but when I checked, a 2cm cube of avocado is 21calories!

Today I''ve had 2 multigrain weetbix with half a banana and 1/2 cup of skinny milk for brekkie with a cup of black tea w/o sugar. Lunch will be the left over roast chicken with salad. I have lean pork pieces marinating in the fridge for a stirfry tonight with zuchinni and onions to be served with brown rice. Will probably have a yogurt before I head off to yoga later this afternoon to tide me over till dinner.

I used to hate salads but am getting a taste for it now. Lucky I don''t like high calorie dressing on my salads, just balsamic!

It''s encouraging to see everyone''s progress!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
good going jade leaves and bee!! bee it may be slow to get to your goal, but you can keep it steady! JL avocado has a fair amount of calories but it has a ton of flavor and good fat too. just eat it in moderation, i love avocado.

had my muffin for snack and half a gbread latte...and eating vegetable beef soup for lunch, yum.

i read last nite that whenever you are flagging and feel like you need energy, there are some easy ways to wake your brain up. brew a cup of green tea (antioxidants and some caffeine and supposedly helps somewhat suppress hunger too); eat something minty...which apparently sends a signal to your brain to wake up; 500mg of vitC supposedly helps keep you alert; drink some icy cold water...cold helps send alert messages as well. funny but i drank some hot green tea yesterday between snack and lunch (wasn't lunch time yet!) and i was really hungry when i drank it...and after drinking it, i wasn't hungry anymore and didn't get hungry for lunch til like 1.5 hours later. i didn't eat anything instead because i had already had oatmeal for breakfast and my muffin for snack so i shouldn't have been hungry....so the green tea really helped. so now when i am feeling super snacky in afternoons i am going to have a cup of green tea.

also for you muffin lovers, i was researching how to keep muffins from sticking to the pan and found this site:

http://www.joyofbaking.com/muffins/muffins.html

some REALLY yummy looking amazing recipes on there and best part is that some of them are healthy-ish! the berry muffin is about 140 cals each muffin and the carrot muffin (YUM that is the one i am going to try first) with the cream cheese frosting is only 170 calories as well. i might modify them a bit to use less sugar and a substitute, and also a little less oil (i soo can never use the whole recipe's oil callout, it just seems so gross to put 1c+ of oil into something) etc. so i am really excited to try the new recipes. of course i might add a bit of bran (hee hee) or flax seed and i will use the white whole wheat flour as well.

anyhow, hope everyone is having a good day!
2.gif

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
Bee, it''s good to hear from you--I was actually thinking about you and wondering where you were! keep checking in here!

Mara, we eat grilled cheese sandwiches all the time (well, maybe once a week). It''s really good w/ amy''s chunky tomato bisque (light sodium). I haven''t gotten the urge to start counting my daily calories yet, but I''m now keeping track of how many calories are in things that I make often, and this has made me more aware of how much I''m eating or how I can make certain things lighter--like yesterday I made the grilled cheese/tom soup for lunch and I usu had always made it w/ 2 slices of jarlsberg and 1/2 tbsp of butter, but this comes out to 420 calories (on WF multigrain bread) and 21 grams of fat. But I did these calculations yesterday before I made the lunch and saw that I should change it to 1 slice jarlsberg and 1 slice 2% american, and use a little less butter. So this got it down to 380 cal and 15 grams of fat. And I think next time I''ll buy jarlsberg light, which is really pretty good.

another lunch (or dinner) thing that I love, and which I really thought had more calories than it does, is salmon salad. I buy the kirkland canned salmon at costco, and mix it w/ mayo and chopped celery and a little onion (green onion or shallots work too) and squeeze lemon juice. Even w/ 2 tblsp of reg mayo (for teh whole can, which makes 2 servings), on one slice of WF multi-grain, it''s only 310 calories, and it''s filling and has 19 g of protein. But it has 16 g of fat, which I''m beggining to notice is a large part of my diet, now that I''m keepng track of it. So maybe I''ll try the light mayo again. or 1/2 and 1/2.

I went to the Y again yesterday (my goal is to go mon-fri, every morning), and it was great. I did the ellip again. I''ll start splitting my cardio between ellip adn treadmill at some point, but for the next month or so, I''m just sticking w/ ellip b/c it''s so much more intense for me, having been jogging or on treadmill for the last year. I was planning on going back this morning, and even had a body fat test (w/ callipers) scheduled, but my guy got teh flu, and I needed to go to the store to get stuff for chicken soup, etc. And now I''m worried I''m going to get it. I gave him oscillococcinum, and I think his Dr is going to call in a prescription for tamiflu (I talked to his nurse about this earlier). So I''m waiting here for a call about that and don''t want to leave the guy alone. Should I take this oscill. stuff now, as a preventative thing?

I''m not going to weigh in today, b/c I just want to use the scale at the gym, and I didn''t go there this morning. Also, I''m pretty sure all my measurements are the same as last week. sick guy is calling...

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
So I thought I just posted but I don''t think it did.....

anyway...Today my fiancee and I began our new years resolution. We decided that we would workout every MWF when we got back to college from winter break. We went to our varsity gym at 6:30 a.m. and ran for approximately 20 minutes. I decided that I''m not running on the tredmil''s in our fitness center because then I only run for a mile or two and then get off as opposed to pushing myself to do whatever I can in a certain time. So after we ran we went to the fitness center and lifted weights alittle and then we went back to our on campus apartments and showered and had to go to class right after we showered. Our classes are mostly on 3rd and 4th floor of one building and we have promised each other we will not take the elevator and that we have to take the stairs. Just an easy way to burn a few more calories.

Today for lunch I had a ham sandwich with 3 smallcups of fruit and a bottle of water....i''m tryign to drink a ton of water because I have eliminated pop from my drinking choices and I am going to watch what I eat. I''m not necessarly doing a specific diet just trying not to eat too much and workout plenty. AND AVOID SNACKING!! lol...that''s what killed me before because while I would study i''d get a bag of popcorn of chips or something.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohh thanks for the tip abt green tea - gotta try that!

I am finding it a challenge to keep track of the calorie/fat content of the stuff I eat so I am entering the values for the stuff I eat into a spreadsheet so I don''t have to look it up everytime. It is an eye opener what some of those foods pack in calories and fat!

I am still breastfeeding, so I think I need to up my calorie intake a little bit and am trying to find more info on how breastfeeding affects how much one should be eating? Hmm..

Might have to get some ingredients to bake those muffins on the wkend when hubby is home to mind little button so I can bake!

I am so jazzed abt my yoga class tonight - haven''t been to one in ages (been doing it at home on my own). If hubby gets home early I might head off to the gym early so I can get in some cardio before my class.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
nejarb yes i love trying to figure out how to lighten favorite things up. it''s amazing how far some of the 1% and 2% cheeses and low-fat cottage cheese and stuff has come since they really started making an appearance on the scene what...5-7 years ago?? i remember trying some of the stuff going EW gross. same with things like low-fat mayo. but it seems like they have finally started to figure out that you don''t have to get all crazy and put out a ''fat free'' version only that tastes like cardboard, but that you can modify some things and leave others alone to still get some decent flavor goinng on!!

this sara lee bread i have is multi-grain and 45 cals with like 3g of fiber for 2 pieces. it''s very good actually. i love bread but i don''t like 100 cals per slice bread anymore. i also have had a sourdough that is like 50 cals per slice as well. anyway, the cheese 2% american is like 45 cals per slice, so i figure 2 slices on 2 pieces of bread. i also got the smart balance butter spray to use on the bread for cooking in the pan and a spray is 0 cals. so i''m going to try that for us tonite. greg and i love grilled cheese with sharp cheddar or other cheeses (i love jack with tomato), but yeah it can be unhealthy so hopefully we like the mods!! each sandwich will only be about 200 cals. greg is going to get 2 because he''s a growing boy!! and then our big homemade caesar salads (love them) are like 200 cals each. greg also loves tomato soup which we do have so maybe he''ll just want one sandwich with soup and salad instead of 2 sandwiches.

another thing i have been thinking about trying is quesadillas, we also love these...(we''re total cheese lovers!). i can use low-fat cheddar (quite good actually) and put in some ''just chicken'' from trader joes and use smaller or whole wheat tortillas with some Newmans salsa (gotta love salsa, it''s like 10 cals) and we''ll be good to go. mmm. i may try those next week.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nothin'' wrong with popcorn! I bought some smart-something popcorn. No transfat. I have 4 cups and it''s about 100 calories. Not bad for a satisfying afternoon snack. Moderation, moderation, moderation.........

*munching right now*

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
yea but i like the butter popcorn haha...my mom just reached her goal on weight watchers...so i''ve seen some of the 100 calorie snacks she''s brought home...she really likes how some companies are making 100 calorie packages of different snacks so that way if she wants a snack it''s not a big deal as long as she only has one

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''ve tried two of the 100 cal popcorns and so far the pop-secret is hands down the winner so far. orville was really not flavorful. also i have a friend who tried a bunch of them and said pop-secret was the best, butter flavor. mmm.

another bit of information, i don''t do weight watchers nor have i eaten at applebees in years, but i saw this on my sparkpeople email and i thought it was intriguing. applebees has partnered with WW to bring 9 new menu items that are low-calorie and low-point friendly. kinda intriguing. the two that interest me are the chicken quesadillas and the southwestern cobb salad, both under 500 calories and not bad on fat. the salad even has 13g of fiber! not bad for a ''dinner out''...! i''ll have to keep this in mind if we ever end up at an applebees!

http://www.applebees.com/Menu_WW_static.aspx

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just make a bag and store it in ziplocks. The one I use is Smart Balance, Light butter. When I first ate it, I was like "eh." But I like it a lot now...not greasy and just enough salt and butter flavor to kill any cravings.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2007 4:41:59 PM
Author: Mara
i''ve tried two of the 100 cal popcorns and so far the pop-secret is hands down the winner so far. orville was really not flavorful. also i have a friend who tried a bunch of them and said pop-secret was the best, butter flavor. mmm.

another bit of information, i don''t do weight watchers nor have i eaten at applebees in years, but i saw this on my sparkpeople email and i thought it was intriguing. applebees has partnered with WW to bring 9 new menu items that are low-calorie and low-point friendly. kinda intriguing. the two that interest me are the chicken quesadillas and the southwestern cobb salad, both under 500 calories and not bad on fat. the salad even has 13g of fiber! not bad for a ''dinner out''...! i''ll have to keep this in mind if we ever end up at an applebees!

http://www.applebees.com/Menu_WW_static.aspx
Girl, how can you call yourself a foodie and think of eating at applebees????
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

Kidding!
9.gif
But I am going to have to reconsider taking you to French Laundry with me now............
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results