shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 7th Jan till 13th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha steph my friend just sent me that too via email. nice ideas.

mmm appletini, cpp is my fave! there is actually a place over near me called The Cravery which supposedly has all types of cpp''s and similar kind of ''comfort'' food. i want to try it out very soon!

golden

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone! How are you?

I am STILL sick, I thought I was getting better and then it just hit me again! Went to the doctor yesterday to make sure I don''t have pneumonia, I my lungs are clear, WHEW! I felt horrible last night, but again today, feeling better, so I hope I keep getting better. I really need to start working out.

Today is my 10th day on WW''s and I am enjoying it. I am down 3-4 pounds total, but I can really feel a difference in my pants.
I wasnt hungry for anything BUT burger king yesterday
38.gif
but I did include it in my points. I had 6 piece chicken tender and small french fries. I don''t even know when the last time was that I had a SMALL order of french fries! Even though it was not a healthy meal, I was satisfied and felt good that I had small portions and I felt full. Since I was so sick last night I finished the day out with an english muffin with a little bit of butter and a strawberry and banana smoothie.

Here are some of my favorite snacks- (I do not drink nor eat anything with artificial sweetners because my mom has MS and we both stopped them years ago, so not all of these will be fat free or sugar free)
-The 100 calorie pack of keeblers Sandies Shortbread are delish, especially with tea.
-mint milano''s. 2 are 130 calories and 7 grams of fat, so they are up there in fat, but not too bad when you are really craving them.
-large cuts of Jalsberg lite, slice it and put it on club sandwiches. That is one of my favs, you can also add turkey or ham and make mini sandwiches!
-I LOVE smoothies, I usually have strawberry, banana, and blueberries with ice. I don''t add milk or honey or anything else. Just fruit and ice.
-100 calories, fat free pudding snacks and ice pops.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello wwt! not too much to report today...my stomach is still feeling a bit funny, almost crampy. weird. but i am still eating, cause i won''t be able to get thru dance class this evening if i don''t have any fuel. pumpkin muffin for breakfast, smoked salmon buckwheat crepe for lunch, and a couple bites of a chocolate donut with a glass of lowfat milk at a meeting this afternoon (this was a perfect combo...i got my sweet fix from the donut and felt full from the milk!). dinner will be a hodgepodge - luna bar right after dance class, followed by some leftover squash casserole after i get home.

i stopped at a market last night to get some fruit and picked up some pineapple chunks - they were so sweet and juicy and good! i might have to get some more tonight if i have time...

have a good one!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon All!

Just finished up a fantastic elliptical workout. I am trying to convince myself I really need to lift weights now.

John is making lentil soup for dinner, should be yummy.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Have a good afternoon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I am so glad tomorrow is Friday. Yippee. I hope you are having a great day! I just walked 1.5 miles on the TM. I did it in 15 minutes – not a speed demon by any means but pretty good for me.
It’s funny to see everyone talking about what people say to them. I just got an email from a friend at work who said I was so full of life and color these days and not only the change in my weight but I’ve really changed the way I carry myself and my entire demeanor. I told her that is probably one of the nicest compliments I’ve received. I’ve had some rude and condescending comments. The ones that come across really bad are like “if you can do it anyone can” or something like I got rid of the old Marcy and they are glad.
Ladypirate, now I am very hungry for apples. It’s a good thing I’m going to the store this weekend.
Steph, your cruise sounds really fun. I am sure you’ll be fine with food and drinks on the cruise and you should enjoy yourself. That is great you will have a lower house payment in Orlando. Too bad that saved money will not be going towards bling but you’ll enjoy the new plasma TV.
CJ, you’ve sure had a rash of rude comments. Some people just don’t think about what they say.
Lorelei, it is hard to not take comments about your size personally.
Mara, it is nice to make sure the calories count for something (except those occasional sweet treats). Congrats for loosing another pound.
Skippy, yeah for getting such a good workout yesterday. Enjoy your lunch with your friend. Thanks for the tip on fuji apples. I like gala apples too. I sent the HR lady my latest collage picture today to see if she wants to use it for their biggest loser contest.
CD, now that was rude a rude comment and completely uncalled for. You sound tiny to me. I love clementines too.
Appletini, yeah for getting time for a workout.
Golden, congratulations for being down 4 pounds. I hope you get well soon. I love milano cookies too.
Shortblonde, I hope your stomach feels better soon. I have been picking up the little cups of fruit already cut up and mixing them together. I love fresh fruit and it is nice to just rinse the fruit off instead of cutting it all up. Enjoy your pineapple.
Kimi, it sounds like you are having a great day. Enjoy your soup for supper.
Sweet dreams!
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay for 1.5 miles Marcy, whoo hoo! Marcy that is fast, that is a 10 min mile!!

Kimi, yay for the elliptical!

Shortblonde, I love fresh pineapple too! Yippee for dance class.

Golden, wow, 5 lbs, that is good and quick!

CDT, yay for the gym!

Lunch was good and tomorrow I have a lunch date w/another friend. I did the elliptical tonight for the first time; it was a good workout! Pilates was good but tough. Have a good evening all
35.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, I am thinking that might be a little fast for me; I don''t generally walk that fast. I might slow it down a bit. That last thing I want to do is over due it just when I start using the TM.

What is a good time to shoot for on walking a mile that isn''t too fast for a beginner?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2008 10:45:03 PM
Author: marcyc
Skippy, I am thinking that might be a little fast for me; I don't generally walk that fast. I might slow it down a bit. That last thing I want to do is over due it just when I start using the TM.

What is a good time to shoot for on walking a mile that isn't too fast for a beginner?
Marcy, if you feel good doing it, then why not, no
9.gif
I am impressed; keep at it, seriously! You should be proud!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Skippy. I just did a search and they say under 11 minute miles for women is excellent. Let''s hope I didn''t overdo it, it''s not likely I''ve done a lot of cardio or exertion in like the last decade.
1.gif
Maybe I''ll slow it down the next time I do it then work back up. I feel okay and was able to talk okay while doing it; I kept checking.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charlie''s watching a Paula episode on Food Network, so ''evenin y''all. I''m sure she''s a great cook, but I find all the y''all''s a bit annoying after a few minutes.

Long and frustrating day as usual. Seem''s the way it will be until: 1. They lay me off or 2. I get a new job
I was so tempted to bag the gym tonight, but after not going last night, I knew I had to go. So, off I went and as usual, no matter how much I don''t feel like going, I feel so much better for having gone. I worked out for 2.5 hours, pretty intensely. I continue to work on my upper body (pecs, arms, etc.) and am making really good progress. Our trainer saw me tonight and commented that my arms were becoming "vascular" which is a good thing! Tomorrow''s Friday, which means......drum roll.......Sushi, frozen yogurt and coffee under the oak! Such predictable fellows are we!

Skippy you''re post last night must have come at about the same time as mine, so yay for two workouts in one day Skippy!! And if your legs are sore, it means you accomplished something good!! You''re going to (if you don''t already) have people whistle when you walk by with those toned and svelte legs you''re building!!

Marcy, I truly recommend Fuji apples. You''ll be hooked once you have one. Skippy is hooked on them now too! And 1.5 miles in 15 minutes is terrific BTW!! It''s not too fast and it''s not too slow, so if you didn''t have any issue with that, I''d keep it up. GO MARCY GO MARCY GO MARCY!!!!

Steph, I know we''ve become the poster boy''s for restraint, but two months into our rebuild Rod and Charlie campaigns, we wound up on a 5 day cruise to Cozumel and we found it pretty easy to eat healthy. We had lot''s of fruit and whole grains for breakfast and salads for lunch and for dinner, I just asked them to take the fattening sauces off things like the steaks and they were very accommodating. Instead of having the starch, they would give me extra vegetables and they offer lower fat lower calorie deserts for those who want something sweet, but not as fattening. And, oh yeah, what a surprise, we worked out in the ships gym every single day. They had good ellipticals, which was a good thing. It just took some getting used to as the boat does sway a bit and using an elliptical on something with movement was an odd sensation. We actually lost weight on the cruise!! I hope you and Adam have a wonderful time on your cruise!

CJ, those comments are just rude, no matter what country someone is from, or what they do professionally. I would have quietly told that doctor where he could shove his stethoscope for sure!!
11.gif

Mara, I hope Greg is feeling better. Thanks for supporting my indulgence! The french fries were actually quite fantastic, but I was happy to have a few and leave the rest!

SB and Golden, I hope are both feeling better too!

Glad you had a fantastic session on the elliptical Kimberly!!

YAY for tomorrow being Friday. Sleep well everyone!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Haha Marcy, I am lucky if I can RUN 1.5 miles in 15 minutes! You are quite the speed demon! Please do be careful of the knees!!!

golden and ShortBlonde, feel better! golden, woohoo! re: the weight loss!

Skips, my trainer showed me how to use the foam roller too. At first I was like, "um, that looks lame." But it really does wonders for smoothing out any tight muscles!!! Problem is, I can never seem to find them at the gym... Great job on getting a good leg workout!!

cdt, phooey to those people who make rude comments!! It sounds like you are tiny too, so I think we are both safe!!

appletini, that's cool that you've got a workout partner. Keep tabs on each other! In my office we have a workout calendar and we are each assigned a different color star (sounds like 3rd grade, but whatever, it helps.).

Steph, thanks for that link. YUM! Those mini frittatas, the chai shortbread cookies, the caramalized onion cranberry cream cheese bites?!! Top of my to-try list.

Kimberly, I loooooooove lentil soup. Ask John to send some over my way along with your carrot cake.

I had sushi tonight. I had a totally lazy day. After our vacation we had so much laundry to do, and I was so overwhelmed with coming back to real-life (work, studying, cleaning, etc.) that I had my laundry sent out yesterday (I know...we are SO lazy). We got it back tonight and it's a good thing b/c I'm all out of workout clothes. Haha...just to clarify, this is the first time we've done this since moving into a building with a laundry room.
12.gif

ETA: Rod, you "vascular" man you
2.gif
, I just saw your post. I think Paula's a cute lady and all, but her love of butter makes me nauseous. Well, I like butter too, but not pounds at a time.

Thanks Lorelei and Steph...I actually don't mind eating like a pig so it's easy to brush off dumb comments like that. At the same time, I do know I need to tone up a bit!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
evening all!

well seems i am still trying to fight off this cold. Greg is still under the weather but I am feeling like I have something other than what he has which is funny. but i know there are a bunch of bugs going around big time, so many people at work are sick too.

so happy today is friday!!! my eating today was spotty but oh well, i've been fab all week and seriously i don't really need to lose 2 lbs so i don't mind if i put them back on hehe. in muscle preferrably though!!

for lunch i ended up going to this vietnamese bakery that i have been dying to try. they have wonderful fruit sponge cakes and the like but they also sell a ton of the hong kong style buns..think dim sum pork bun where the outer part is like a bread shiny bun and the inside is bbq'd pork or something. they have sweet and savory! ham and cheese croissants, croissants with cut up hot dogs in them and then baked. lemon custard buns, green tea custard buns, chocolate custard buns. cinnamon rolls, cream puffs, chocolate croissants.

i was just going to go there for a treat but then i saw their savory stuff and was like OOH! so i got a handful of things and brought them back for my coworkers. but yeah it was a ton of carbs and not the healthy kind either i would imagine. but yummy. i was so full all afternoon though...and then my coworker busted out some chocolate with biscuits, and i had to have some of that too.

i figure i worked most of it off tonite though. i had an hour with my trainer and we did arms/shoulders and abs, and then i did an hour of zumba. we have a new instructor and MAN she kicked our butts. i was able to keep up but i looked like a marionette puppet with how uncoordinated and all over the place i was. but i think i def burned more cals than with our old instructor, perfect for the bun crazy day.

dinner tonite was TJ's pizza's with grilled chicken on mine for some extra protein. anyhow sounds like everyone had a good day, yay for friday being tomorrow!

marcy, walking 1.5 miles in 15 min is amazing. when i walk, i do 4mph so i end up doing 15 minute miles, and that is seriously fast for me! are you sure that your treadmill is correct re: the 1.5 miles? not that i don't think you COULD do it (because you are fab)...but anything faster than 4mph and i have to jog and i'm a tall girl at 5'7"! also when i do my 5k's, i do a run walk combo where i run 1/2 the time and walk 1/2 the time and it takes me 40 min so that is basicaly like a 12 minute mile, so i can't imagine walking a 10 min mile, i think i'd dislocate my hip joints. but yay for walking on the treaddie regardless of how fast it was...ehhee. i just am skeptical sometimes of those digital readout things (cals for sure)...but it is so awesome you are getting into the workout thing..yay for next steps.

thanks for the well wishes on greg getting better, he's slowly getting there! yay for elliptical kimi...you should totally lift weights! if i remember correctly your arms a sore spot for you and i have seen wonders in my arms since working with my trainers. specifically on shoulders, triceps and back really. these are exercises i didn't do on my own before, never knew about (far more than just bicep curling or similar) and need their help with but it is seriously paying off, i don't think my arms have ever looked this good.

golden, i love fast food sometimes too...sounds like you went about the smart way, so good for you.

thanks for everyone posting more sweets and treats within reason!! i am thinking maybe i should compile them all into one thread or something for someone to look at if they ever search out on PS. hmmm. maybe this wkd.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
“The worst deluded, are the self deluded”. That’s me ha ha. My husband asked me to show him my “1.5 miles” on the TM and I guess it switches between laps and miles so I lied – I was not walking 1.5 miles in 15 minutes. I walked 1.5 laps in 15 minutes. I’m so sad! I thought I was doing so good. Rats. Next time I’m walking that mile no matter how long it takes! I’ll get back to you with my time – it won’t be impressive but it’s a major accomplishment for me. This summer I walked a lot but never kept track of my time or distance; they were usually 30 minutes to an hour. I walked around school a lot this fall but again it was usually for about 30 minutes. I did a survey online today and have a pedometer on the way so I can actually keep track of how much I walk now.
Rod, Paula’s food always looks great but I’m not a fan of listening to her talk. My husband won’t watch her because of her voice / accent. Sorry your day was so frustrating. I guess I can’t walk that fast but I’m going to be working up to it. Thanks for the encouragement. I will pick up some Fuji apples this weekend.
CJ, no worries on hurting my knees; I guess I’m still in the tortoise stage instead of the hare. Ha Ha. I told my DH he ruined all my fun with his “facts”. Good idea to send out your laundry. I decided a few months ago to iron my husband’s shirts instead of having them pressed. About the 2nd shirt I decided it was worth the $1.70 to get his shirts pressed. Not my idea of a good time.
Mara, you were wise to be skeptical but I agree just that I am doing it at all is amazing. You and everyone else have inspired me to try more exercise and activity than I ever thought possible so it''s all an accomplishment for me. I hope you don’t get sick and Greg gets better.
Well, I guess I’ll go to bed and maybe dream of walking fast (faster). Tee hee.
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, you are doing great with the treddy!! One thing you could do when you feel ready, is to try intervals. I do this by warming up for 10 mins or until I feel my body is ready to work, then I walk slowly for 2 mins, then as fast as I can but feel comfortable with for 2 mins. I alternate this for about 10 - 20 mins of the workout, or as you feel. This is a great way to burn fat, then once you are used to it, you can add inclines to your intervals to mix it up a bit.

I had a good 50 mins last night on my treddy, so pleased with myself!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, AIRBORNE! I hope you don''t catch Greg''s cold. I LOVE LOVE LOVE those buns that you''re talking about. Chinatown is a good 1 hour subway ride for me, otherwise I would be eating those nonstop. I have a savory tooth instead of a sweet tooth, so those buns would do me in. My parents make their version of those buns as a treat for me (larger, a bit healthier and with a different kind of dough so I end up eating one for my meals). My dad would always shake his finger at me saying, "you''ve already eaten THREE. You might want to stop." Heehee I love them so much.

Lorelei, hooray for a good workout on the treadmill. I like the idea of intervals. When I''m on the treddy, I guess I end up doing intervals without realizing it...I go for as long as I can at a super hard level, and then tire myself out so I decrease the level and pace. Haha...who knew.

Marcy, I hear ya on the ironing. FI is much better at ironing than I am. He doesn''t have time to do it either, and he knows how bad I am with an iron so he gets his pressed too. As for the new treadmill...Don''t be sad about the news. I''m cheering for your mile! When I first started on this WWT a little over a year ago, I made myself go to Central Park and jog around the reservoir, no matter how long it took. I went alone, with my iPod and had to give myself pep talks the whole way. I think it was only 1.5 miles and complete torture but I did it! And yes, it took forever.

As for my news...remember my coworker who needed to lose weight for medical reasons but chose to have burgers and candy? Well she joined a weight management group and she''s lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks! It''s so nice to see her develop a sense of self-control, which is something I struggle with a lot.

Last but not least, I stepped on the scale this morning and I finally made it below 110lbs. Yay! 109.4 baby! So now I''m down 6 pounds with about 7 more to go. I am definitely feeling a bit more energetic.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good for you CJ!!!!

Apparently intervals are the best way of burning fat when doing cardio, I didn''t realize this for a while, but by all accounts it is the best approach ( and it gives you a little sneak rest in between!
27.gif
)

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! Happy Friday! No workout for me yesterday, but I did clean my house all day before the inlaws visit, so I''m sure I burned off quite a few calories. I''m going to be busy all day today getting things ready for our trip. Hope everyone is doing well!

Golden, hope you start to feel better soon and your doctor''s appt. went well. Yea for the lbs lost!

Shortblonde, your pumpkin muffins sound really good!

Kimi, yea for the elliptical workout. I love to do cardio, but I have to force myself to do weights. I don''t know what it is, but I really don''t like to do them! I know they really help though!

Marcy, yea for the TM workout! No worries with your speed, you are doing great!

Rod, thanks for the encouragment about our cruise and the food. I wil be sure to ask for lower cal options. I really can''t wait to workout while on the ship. The only time I get to workout is 5:30 in the morning while Adam is still here and Andrew is asleep, so that is really exciting for me! Maybe I will come back with weight lost too! I would just be happy with no weight gained! Sorry for the frustrating day again, but yea for a good workout!

CJ, please let me know if try any of those recipes. I thought those all looked yummy too!

Mara, hope you''re feeling better today. That would be great to have all of our lists compiled in a thread.

Hi, Lorelie and Skippy
35.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Morning All!

Rod, sorry you were tortured with Paula and that work isn''t so great.

Mara, those buns sound yummy! Glad you had a great workout.

Stephanie, the weights are the only reason I want to join a gym. I love weight machines, but don''t like using free weights. I''m not ready to fork over the $$ to join a gym; perhaps this summer I''ll buy a used weight machine thing.

CJ, the lentil soup was from a NYTimes recipe and it was fanstastic. We had some roasted cauliflower on the side, a delicious dinner. Here''s a link to the recipe if you''re interested http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/09/dining/091arex.html?ref=dining. Congrats on progress!

Miss Marcy, you are just getting started, and you''re off to a great beginning, don''t be hard on yourself!

So after my workout yesterday I crashed, had to take a nap. Then I slept from 9:30-7. I feel like I''m getting sick again. Grr. I''m working a 1/2 day today at a new school. Should be easy. I''m in charge of dinner tonight. Hmmm...what to make.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya Stephie!

Ok, with my new found '' whizzy drinks'' as I call them, I now whizz half a tin of pineapple with ice, and it makes a slushy sort of drink which gets some fruit in me and fills the old tum. So I now have my chocolate cheat drink and my pineapple one too! I tried one with a tin of peaches, but it was a bit insipid, it seems the stronger flavoured fruits work best.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so this morning i still have a minor sore throat but just chewed an airborne gummi lozenge and took 2 echinacea this morning so keeping fingers crossed. stuff is totally going around at work though so it''d be a miracle if i didn''t get sick. knock on wood. greg is feeling a little bit better but still definitely needs to rest this wkd.

CJ yeah i like those types of buns too but i had no idea how much and i never knew there were places that just sold stuff like that. i am staring at a bbq pork bun from yesterday that is supposed to be lunch but i am afraid to eat it, i might want more ! hehe. the bread they are made out of (sweetish egg bread?) is so tasty.

marcy, no worries lady on the 1.5 laps. better than 0 right! and good for me to know i''m not a snail like i was thinking reading your post. i''m like MAN i need to step it up obviously. hahaha. you''ll be doing 4mph in no time i''m sure. i totally agree re ignorance is bliss too.

kimi hope you don''t get sick!! make sure to rest.

steph i saw your lasagna recipe, i also posted one that became quite popular with the WWT folks in my healthy recipe thread as well, everyone LOVES this and i made it for greg''s mom who is like the lasagna queen and she was so impressed with how great it tasted being as healthy as it was. i also use Dreamfields lasagna pasta which is higher in fiber and protein, but still tastes like real pasta...it''s a pet peeve of mine how so many wheat or adapted pastas out there taste weird...who wants to eat weird tasting pasta. it''s hard fo rme to find Dreamfields lasagna and macaroni in stores so i just order it online now.

speaking of pasta, we had some whole wheat with flax pasta last weekend from TJ''s and it was FAB. tasted like real pasta but had 5g fiber and 8g protein for one serving!!! definitely want to try that again. they only had the spaghetti version at my TJ''s but better than nothing.

anyhow, happy friday all. we are supposed to join our neighbors tonite for sushi but not sure how we''ll be feeling later and we don''t want to get them and their little boy sick so we might have to stay home and play more scrabble but we''ll see. tonite is a gym workout for me but i will also see how i feel because i don''t want to get more run down. and i''ll eat more clementines for VitC!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am taking a workout day off, my sister and I will be going to the gym tomorrow. I am sore again today so that is good. hehe Another friend and I are meeting for lunch; this friend is from GA and super sweet so it will be fun to catch up. Crown, Mara and Rod all this talk of sushi I think I will suggest sushi for lunch; you all totally have me craving the stuff!!!!
11.gif
9.gif
3.gif
I started the yeast for pizza; it will be a nice night in for hubby and I. p.s. I am loving those foam rollers, if you haven't tried them anyone interested, they are great!

Mara, I think a thread/list of the foods is a great idea! You rock, you group motivator!
9.gif
Hope you feel better!

Steph, have fun w/your family!

Rod, I will think of you when I eat sushi. hehee That is a great workout; wow 2.5 hrs wowwee awesome!!

Marcy, yay for walking, you rock! Think of how far you have come; that is amazing! I bet HR will be excited to get that poster and so inspiring!

CrownJewel, I thought the same thing as you about the foam rollers! I thought they were another crazy exercise thing. What are you studying in school if you don't mind me asking? I use to love school! hehe Great job for your friend and yay for you losing!!!

Lorelei, I agree, intervals rock! I forget about them but when I do them I feel so tired in a good way! I am glad the sinus rinse works for you too; it really helps me. I have been using it lately.

Kimi and Mara, hope you don't get sick. Kimi, I agree I love the weight machines too, especially the leg ones.

Have a great Friday all! TGIF!!!
35.gif

golden

Shiny_Rock
I am feeling much better today, but still sick, coughing here and there, runny nose, but definitely better. Should I wait until I am 100% to start with the treadmill?

golden

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! great for you, congratz!!! I am am up and down the same pound right now, I am eating between 20-25 points. I am thinking I should stay at 20 and not go above. But if I can get back to working out next week, maybe 25 will be ok.
33.gif
I am 3lbs to my first goal weight, it seems so close yet so far!!!
because I am still sick, I started drinking gatorade yesterday, 1 big bottle is 2.5 points, which I do calculate into my points, so I really can''t see that being an issue. I need some dinner ideas!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday all!

Just did 10 minutes on the bike and 60 mins on the treadmill. That makes for 3 workouts this week; Monday/Wednesday/Friday seems to have become my pattern, and the weekends are usually just too busy. Last night''s dinner has me up 2 lbs (
6.gif
) but I''m sure that will come right off because the HH is leaving town on Sunday through Thursday so I''ll be pretty good while he''s gone.

Will check in more latter--gotta hop!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oooof! I really blew it today. I have been eating clean for the last 10 days...no processed carbs, no sweets, staying between 1400-1600 cals, etc...but today I totally gave in. Somebody made Adam a cookie cake as a congratulations for his new job and he brought it home last night. I told him to take it back to work, but he was flying to Orlando today so he wasn''t in his office. It has been sitting here all day and I kept thinking about having a piece. I figured my craving lasted all day, so I would just give in and have a piece....I love cookie cake, and it was yummy! Then for dinner, we are having pizza from our fave Italian place, but I am going to have a salad and only 1 piece. Ugh, so much for the pre-cruise diet. Anyway, I am not going to be too hard on myself, I am going to wake up early and go for my 3 mile jog. Anyway, I feel better now that I admitted all that I ate! Hope everyone is having a great Friday night!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
steph i think you are being WAY too hard on yourself. for 10 days you did fabulously and on day 11 you had a piece of chocolate cake?? that''s not a big deal AT ALL.

i ate 5 cookies a day for 10 days over holiday and somehow managed to not gain any weight...haha. i am sure you will be fine!!!

don''t worry about it! people need to really be more forgiving with themselves, having that kind of ''i blew it'' attitude is why so many people have such long-term issues with enjoying food.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday!

It wasn''t an awful day at work, so that was good, but it was a long one as usual. Had the usual stuff for breakfast and lunch was grilled chicken over yellow rice and fruit waldorf salad on the side. We had a great sushi dinner and wound up becoming a party of six, including a former co-worker (she was laid off about 2 months ago), and her best friend''s family (husband - wife -daughter), so it was fun. We all went our separate ways after dinner, so we went for our healthy frozen yogurt treat and then coffee under the oak. It was just a beautiful evening in Tampa tonight! We''ll have a normal Saturday tomorrow, including a nice long workout in the afternoon. Charlie read a review about a new bistro that sounded so great, so we may try that tomorrow night.

Sorry this has to be short, but I''m really pooped and am ready to head to bed. So, have a great start to your weekend everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. We just got done watching Die Hard on Blu Ray; it looks great for an old movie. I finished knitting my mom’s scarf while it was on so tomorrow I can start on my vest.
Lorelei, thank you very much for giving me tips for starting out on the TM. I like the idea of alternating walking slow and fast; once I get better and make sure it’s not going to bother my knees or feet, I will try that. You rock doing 50 minutes on your TM.
CJ, my husband is better than I am at ironing too. He was military for years and had to have pressed shirts so he did it himself. Thanks for the encouragement about starting out on the TM. I think I’ll try my IPOD the next time I use the TM, that’s a great idea. We can both reflect back to last year and see how far we’ve come. I am glad to hear your friend has decided to loose weight. Congratulations for you getting below 110 pounds! That is marvelous.
Steph, that will be so nice on the cruise to workout whenever you wish. I am sure their low cal food will be incredible. I will be anxious to hear about your adventures. Don’t feel bad about having some pizza and some cookie cake; sometimes we just have to indulge in some goodies.
Kimi, sorry to hear you might be getting sick again. Thanks for the kind words about my beginning “steps” on the TM. (ooh that was bad.)
Mara, I hope you fight off the crud. Yes, 1.5 laps is way better than none, maybe by this time next year I’ll be an old pro and speedy on the TM. Some of the whole wheat pasta we’ve tried tasted funny too; I will have to look around for the brand you like.
Skippy, enjoy your pizza and evening with your husband. Have fun at the gym with your sister tomorrow.
Golden, I am glad to hear you are feeling better.
SDL, sorry to hear you are sick. I hope you feel better soon. That is marvelous loosing 5.7 pounds.
DeeJay, yeah for having time for 3 workouts this week.
Rod, I am sure you relished having a better day at work than you’ve had recently. I am glad you had a nice evening under the oak tree.
Well, take care everyone and have a great weekend.
Marcy

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
hi all!

i am slowly limping back to health after a week long bout of bronchitis. yuck. i have to read through the thread and catch up, but i just wanted to stop in and said hi! hope you are all having a good week workout wise.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results