shape
carat
color
clarity

Weekly Workout Thread 7th Jan till 13th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2008 8:53:45 AM
Author: Lorelei
Mara, I think I''m gonna have to mail the lb to you. FedEx overnight. I hope you don''t get sick!

Hehehe!!! Kimmy I am not giving you my address then as I don''t want it!!
31.gif
I didn''t say she has to wear it, she can put it in the garbage disposal or give it to Greg for all I care! If I had your address I''d mail you homemade carrot cake.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Kimi, no worries on the 1 pound. I''m sure it will go away soon. Thanks for your reply on how you found your weight you were happy with. That is how I feel now, I like how clothes fit on me and how I look, and I don''t really struggle to maintain where I''m at right now so maybe I will be a lot less scale-focused. BTW, how tall are you? I am 5''6 and weigh about 15 pounds more than you so I just wanted to get a reference point.

Hi, Ladypirate
35.gif
. Hope you meant Kris weighs 245 and not 145....on 6''7" that would be quite skinny
9.gif
! Oh, just read down further and you said 245! Haha, that''s too funny!

Hi, Skippy. Sounds like a fun workout with your sis. As far as the cravings go, I usually keep lots of gum on hand and try to always have my mouth busy with that. Adam got me a huge thing of gum from Costco for my stocking b/c I told him I didn''t want candy this year!

CJ, sounds like your training session was great. Glad she is finally getting you!

Rod, thanks for your response. That is so cool about the poster on the gym wall! And, you sure did prove the sales guy wrong! I''m sure you are an inspiration to many people that go to your gym!

Marcy, yay for the 1.5 miles, that is so great! I know, I cut out cokes also, but diet so they didn''t have any effect on my weight unfortunately, but I feel better not drinking those.

Mara, I LOVE the biggest loser. It is quite motivating to watch. I always want to go run or something, but it is like 10 o''clock at night! Hope you are feeling better today!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Stephanie, I am 5''5, but keep in mind I''ve not had children, which i know changes a body drastically.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/9/2008 9:07:26 AM
Author: KimberlyH

Date: 1/9/2008 8:53:45 AM
Author: Lorelei
Mara, I think I''m gonna have to mail the lb to you. FedEx overnight. I hope you don''t get sick!

Hehehe!!! Kimmy I am not giving you my address then as I don''t want it!!
31.gif
I didn''t say she has to wear it, she can put it in the garbage disposal or give it to Greg for all I care! If I had your address I''d mail you homemade carrot cake.
That''s different then!!!
41.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2008 9:27:51 AM
Author: KimberlyH
Stephanie, I am 5''5, but keep in mind I''ve not had children, which i know changes a body drastically.

LOL! That sure is true! But they are well worth it!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm how come i get mailed a LB and Lorelei gets carrot cake? that seems awfully skewed. can you include some cc in with the lb? hehee. be sure to label them clearly so that i don't toss the cc away with the lb!! (i might put the lb on greg, he's such a gloater about how he never gains weight!).

morning all! i have this blindingly early quarterly program review for one of my top programs and this is the review for the european countries, so our time differences are fairly different. typically we have calls at 7:30 for like 40 minutes to catch up once or twice a week, but this is a larger quarterly call so we made it for 3 hours at 7am...Yikes!!! i managed to get up at 6:40am and brew coffee and make my breakfast so thankfully i can be alert(ish) and won't starve. but man that extra 20 min of sleep is precious, i feel slightly zombie-ish.

i also seem to be fighting the cold pretty well, poor greg is really sick. and he's so strong so when he gets sick, it's bad typically. so i am just hoping i don't get that nasty thing that is taking him down.

steph, don't worry, you'll find your happy ideal weight area....it literally took me probably about from april to october-ish to really figure it out for myself. and also i had more work to do on my body, to build some muscle and start feeling more comfy with my new shape and not so freaked out about losing it....i also really was conscious of that mindset and WANTED to change it. to kimi and rod's points about waking up one day and gaining it all back, i only lost 20 lbs originally, have gained back a few lbs...but i also was conscious that you don't just wake up with weight on you again. it's through habits, and i knew that i could make the right lifestyle change but still have those splurges i love. having something like chocolate cake once a month or something like rod does would never work for me. i am very sweet oriented hehee...so i knew for the *long term* i had to figure out how to get my fixes with decadent items more often, but work them in the right way.

funny anecdote here but last nite on the biggest loser they had one of the trainer guys do one of those sidebar things where they were like you don't need to deprive yourself to have a healthy lifestyle, have that piece of cake, ONCE A WEEK. i started laughing and i was like ONCE A WEEK? and greg was like see yeah once a week! (ribbing me)...i was like uhhh daily!!! hehee. to me once a week IS deprivation. lol.

steph they need to air the biggest loser at like 6pm so that we can all go and workout at 7pm after seeing it. hehee. when we were watching last nite...i was telling greg how it was unfair that some of these teams had two big huge men on them...men lose weight so much more easily than women, so it seems unfair to have 2 large 300 lb men who are probably going to lose like 7 or 8 lbs a week compared to a couple of man and woman because the women all lost only a few lbs each, some didn't lose anything. how do you compare 2 men who lose like 15 lbs to a couple where the guy loses 6 and the girl loses 1. esp since many of them are in the 200-300 lb range it's so competitive for the % of weight lost. will be interesting to see how it plays out.

and if anyone else watched last nite, when they were doing the calorie challenge and that one dude ate like 900 cals to try to win the 5k. would you have chosen a corn dog, cheesecake, cookies, etc? i was thinking okay if you have a weigh in tomorrow, eat stuff that won't bloat you out and add water weight to your weigh in. i don't know if they had more healthy options on the tables, but i would have eaten more protein i think than sweets. try to at least get SOME benefits from what you eat if it really is 'strategic'.

anyway! morning all, have a fab wednesday. i'm hoping to get a workout in tonite if i am not too tired after my early morning and full day. at least i don't have to get into the office until after this...so it's kind of like a 1/2 day hehe.
3.gif

OH one more thing...i know that we have some new people here. can everyone take like one minute at the end of their posts to list out their top 5-6 things that help them stay on track food wise? like fave snacks or breakfasts or whatever....ideas for people that might be lurking? i love new ideas.

here are mine, more than 5-6 definitely lol, but i have a ton of tricks hehe.

--mc cann's sf instant oatmeal packets: 100 cals, 4g protein, 3g fiber
--tj's 2% string mozz cheese: 60 cals, 6g protein, no carbs
--carton of egg whites (tj has them for like $1.60); easy to scramble up for breakkie and 5g protein and 20 cals per 'egg white'
--sonoma tortilla factory 60 cal artisan tortillas from TJs, 5g protein and 7g fiber and actually taste like tortillas!
--TJ's fat free 100 cal english muffins (way better tasting than thomas's 100 cal ones!!)
--TJ's light butter, real butter but 50 cals and 1/2 the fat of regular (not great for cooking)
--dannon light and fit yogurts at 60 cal, 5g protein.
--fiberful fiber wraps from tJ, 60 cals, 9g fiber (like fruit roll ups kind of thing)
--grilled chicken breast, a ton of protein and like 120 cals per 3 oz depending on how it's cooked.
--TJ's veggie bags, they have small green bean bags that are like 2 servings, 25 cals per serving that can just be tossed into the microwave and steamed for a few minutes. and protein AND fiber. good for a snack.
--california clementines, tiny and easily peelable for snacks and good to keep around, vitamin c.
--TJ's fresh mini pizzas, 450-600 cals depending on which ones (there are some that are way more though)
--0% fage, 80 cals per container, mix with splenda or something fun (better n'peanut butter)
--Better n'Peanut Butter from TJ's, is real PB with some fat extraction...1/2 cals and fat of regular PB. tastes like PB jelly!
--luna bars @ 180 cals and 10g protein, a good snack and one of the lowest in sugar for a 'bar' (only bar my nutritionist let me have)
--candy canes for snacks or treats. peppermint makes you feel like you are 'done' eating (like brushing teeth), 60 cals a cane
--almond milk (at TJ's or WF etc), unsweetened vanilla has flavor, only 40 cals for 8oz and 1g protein, good for shakes
--vitalicious muffins and brownies, 100 cals each, found in your local boutique store freezer section, pretty good warmed up in micro
--steamed artichokes, ~100 cals per artichoke and a ton of iron and fiber. TJ has some aioli dipping sauces; only like 40 cals.
--TJ's fat free balsamic dressing, only 25 cals for a serving, can mix it with other higher cal dressings for lots more flavor if nec.
--sliced turkey breast, typically something like 60 cals per 3oz serving and 22g protein, great tossed into grilled cheese

whew that's it for now, but i know i am missing some! hehee.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good idea, Mara. I so wished we had a TJs here! Here are some of my faves:

Quaker weight control oatmeal
Egg whites in the carton
2% cheese singles
2% shredded cheese
light string cheese
wasa light crisp crackers
hummus
carrots/celery with hummus or lf ranch dip
whole wheat pitas (the kind I get has flax seed in them too)
deli turkey
turkey bacon
newman''s own lighten up balsamic vingerette dressing
microwave sweet potatoes (they have already been washed and you just stick them in the microwave for 5 or 6 mins.)
100 cal popcorn-reg. and kettle
luna bars
rotisserie chicken from the grocery store (have it with veggies and then usually make a soup with the leftovers)
Breyers 100 cal packs of cookies and cream ice cream (yummy!!!)
enviga green tea energy drinks (have those instead of coffe sometimes)
Starbucks "skinny lattes" vanilla flavored (only 90 cals)...hubby loves to go there on the weekends and I realized the drink I normally had was 350 cals even tall and nonfat
Healthy harvest whole wheat pastas
clemintines (mara...loooove these too)
Dannon light and fit yogurt with cut up fruit
nature''s own light wheat bread
green giant stir fry mix
Tyson frozen chicken tenders
edemame
smoked almonds

hmmm, okay so that was WAY more than 5 sorry!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent idea Mara!

I like

Lean Cuisine pizzas
Tins of fruit whizzed into smoothies / slushies
Jello sugar free packets
100 cal popcorn
pitta breads

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is my list I posted last week but I will add to it. Great idea Mara!!!

-Double Fiber Nature's Own bread, 0 pts and something like 12 grams of fiber and 50 cals a slice (I eat this bread everyday, yum)
-egg beaters 1/4 cup 30 calories
-Trader Joe's lowfat string cheese, 1 pt
-Weight Watchers yogurt , 1pt 100 calories
-Trader Joe's (tj) Fig Bars 120 calories
-Fiber One Chocolate chip bars, 2 pts under 150 calories
-WW soup, 0 points (the recipe is in Mara's healthy recipe thread)
-Progresso WW soup 60 calories
-Miso Soup 40 calories
- Jello Sugar Free pudding 60 calories
- Jello Sugar Free jello 15 calories
-Cheetos 100 cal packs
-Morningstar Basil tomato burger 2pts and oh so yummy! 120 calories
-Morningstar breakfast sausage (80 calories)
-Raspberry's 1 pt
-Turkey pepperoni (7 of them) 1 pt or 70 calories
-94% Healthy Popcorn 100 calorie I think is 1 pts.
-Weight Watchers carrot cake snack's 100 calories or 1 pt (found in chocolate and lemon cake too)
-Apples
-Celery, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes w/feta (tasty and low cal)
-Western Bagel (100 calories)
-98% bologna 25 calories a slice
-TJ low fat cheddar cheese stick 70 calories
-Oscar Myer Center Cut bacon 50 calories 2 slices
-Lighthouse Lite bleu cheese dressing 70 calories 2 Tbsp
-Shrimp is so low cal (11 from costco) 70 cals that I love to use the Vegtable Stirfy from TJ's in the freezer section
-Soy Yay Island Teriyaki (found at TJ's) delcious on chicken for a marinade and on shrimp and veggie stirfry 30 calories 1Tbsp
-Alexia Oven Reds (potatoes w/garlic) 120 calories for 8 pieces
-TJ's Ceasar lowfat salad dressing 70 cals
-Mustard instead of mayo
-Laughing Cow Cheese 30 calories
-Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches (I think under 150 cals)
-WW Big Fudge chocolate bar 110 calories
-Blue Bunny Splenda Fudge bar 80 calories
-cherries, peaches, banana's (I love fruit)
- Raw veggies like broccoli are low cal and filling

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI ya''ll:
35.gif

Regular bike/weights/abs gig over the last two days. Watched 3:10 to Yuma today while riding--yeehaw! Great to take one''s mind off the exercise.....

I have no appetite. No idea why I am not hungry. Anyway.

cheers--Sharon

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I finally got around to adding a signature! Those are lyrics to a song that my band wrote called "Hot Chocolate" and because it''s using hot chocolate as a metaphor for falling in love, the butterflies are referring to the butterflies you get in your stomach when you like someone.

Also, great idea on the list! Part of my problem with food is that I have a block against eating "diet food" for the most part, so a lot of my helpful things are substitutes for things that are worse rather than being necessarily diet-friendly in and of themselves, if that makes sense.

Mine are:

*Kashi cereal in the mornings (I think I mentioned that Vive is my favorite--I like Go Lean Crunch, too, but Kris thinks it''s too crunchy for first thing in the morning. One thing that is really tasty is Go Lean Crunch mixed with nonfat yogurt for a snack (instead of granola, which is SO high calorie)--yum!)

*Greek Yogurt as a substitute for sour cream or as a dessert--I love it with fresh fruit as an alternative to ice cream! I know TJs has a low fat version, as well.

*I love doing roast chicken--only around 200 calories a serving and I use the bones and leftover meat to make my own chicken broth. I strain off the fat from the broth with a gravy separator and freeze it in ziplock bags. It''ll keep for months that way, but I always end up using it before that because it''s so flavorful and WAY lower in sodium than anything you buy in the store (although if I run out, TJ''s low sodium organic chicken broth is my second choice).

*Extra virgin olive oil. I use this for both cooking and dipping bread in instead of butter--so tasty and really good for you, even if it''s not super low cal.

*Substituting celery root for potato. less than 1/3 the calories and carbs, and almost the same amount of dietary fiber.

royalasscherlover

Shiny_Rock
hello all! zumba on monday was fun, and yesterday i did 40 minutes on the elliptical after work. my stomach has been feeling pretty funny since i got up this AM, so i haven''t eaten much today, just a pumpkin muffin and a little bit of tj''s tomato soup. hopefully i''ll be hungry for dinner! i am taking the day off from exercise today so that i will be rested and strong for african dance tomorrow.

here are a few of my fave healthy foods:

fage 0% greek yogurt
oatmeal - i use quaker whole oats
pumpkin muffins (in healthy recipe thread)
tj''s mini rice crackers - about 35 crackers for 110 cals, lots of crunch
smart pop 100 cal mini bags popcorn
pepperidge farm 100% whole wheat very thin bread - good for sandwiches at 35 cals per slice
clif z bars (the brownie one totally cures my cravings...)
kashi granola bars
skim lattes
broccoli slaw
light tofu - firm in stirfrys or silken in smoothies
morningstar farms buffalo "wings"
dove dark promises (for dark chocolate in moderation)
slow churned ice cream
sugar-free jello
fresh fruit and veggies!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday all! Today I did 65 mins on the elliptical. Food has been pretty good but I find lately that I''m eating dinner early and then toward the end of the night I want something else. I need to space out my eating a little more so I don''t go to bed hungry. Tomorrow night we''re doing one of our secret dining things... at a steak house. And I have to have lunch with a client at some fancy restaurant. Oh well, there go those 5.5 pounds I''ve lost LOL! The HH will be out of town from Sunday to Thursday though so there probably won''t be anything too bad while he''s gone.

For food tips/trick I like:
- chocolate fiber one bars (if I take them in the car with me I can eat those instead of making some random trip to McDonalds)
- 10 cal./serving jello
- fat free chicken Italian sausage
- 60 cal. chocolate mint pudding (I think it''s Jello brand)
- rotisserie chicken

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Good Afternoon Everyone!

Mara, I''ll send you some cc too! I just didn''t want to send you multiple lbs, only one. I wanted to watch the Biggest Loser but forgot to DVR it, so it''s not gonna happen.

Stephanie, I''m sure your little darling boy is worth it! He''s so cute.

Favorite foods

Soups (I love Campell''s Tomato and Chicken noodle that come ready in the microwavable bowl)
Almonds (I actually count out 12)
LF quesadillas (I make them with small corn tortillas, low fat moz and salsa,microwaved for 1 minute they come out to about 250 calories)
Prepackaged oatmeal (that new Quaker kind that''s oats and other things and has honey and almond flavor is yummy)

I''m working on school and then making a CL green chile and chicken casserole thing for dinner.

Have a great rest of the day all!

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all -- quick breeze-by then back to work. I cannot rest until these grades are done done done. Each of the 70 students I had needs a one-page narrative. It''s great in theory, but honestly, right now I feel like Michael Corleone, "Every time I get out, they keep pulling me back in."

I''ve been exercising every day -- alternating between cardio and Bowflex. It''s nice to not have had a "fat" day in awhile. Of course I probably just jinxed myself.

Been eating really well, too. Salmon smothered in tzatziki (yummy warm or cold), beautiful stewed chicken, and tonight I made pad thai and all of these with tons and tons of veggies. I feel so good about how DH and I are eating!

Favorite foods to keep me on-target? I find that anything with a very STRONG flavor satisfies me for less. I like Chicken Tortilla Soup (which is spicy and a little hot), a wee bit of fresh parmesan cheese (which is pungant), or very intense sweets (like rich chocolate.)

Not all together, though.

I also find that anything with a higher fiber content keeps me satisfied longer, so I always add fiber cereal to my yogurt or I snack on a few nuts (which also satisfies the crunchy-salty craving.)

Sorry to be so short...I miss y''all and will be back soon...tomorrow night is my first class. I need to bring on the funny!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! I was bad on the food front today. I went to lunch with a friend and we had some chips and salsa plus I drank a soda and ate 2 tacos. Aak. For supper I made us grilled cheese sandwiches (260 cals) and we had some baked lays and some oranges.
My left foot is a little sore today but I think it has more to do with the shoes I wore today than using the TM last night. I have hammer toes and they get sore when I walk sometimes and I also gave myself a stress fracture on my right foot about 9 years ago and that same spot is often sore on the left foot so that spot hurt today too. I took an Advil and will make sure to pay attention to that foot.
Mara, I know my happy place is a long way away but I do think about it a lot. I am sure it will take awhile to adjust and figure it out. I know you and everyone will be a BIG help to me when I get there. Sorry to hear you and Greg got sick; I am glad you are feeling better now though. I hope Greg gets better soon. We tried the 150 cal molten chocolate cake and it was pretty good; I think I prefer the slow churned ice cream though. Ugh to getting up early; even 20 minutes is noticeable. I also have a sweet everyday or I’d feel deprived. I love my evening treat. Great idea to post our fav foods.
CJ, I hope you had time for a walk at lunch today. I am right there with you walking a straight line. I am pretty klutzy. I have degenerative arthritis in both knees and have had both of them operated on. The right knee is the worst of the 2 knees and gives me trouble / pain quite frequently. I have had a lot of people tell me the TM is hard on knees so I sure hope I can use it for walking. Good luck at strengthening your knee muscles.
Kimi, it looks like no one wants your pound. Darn, huh? I hope it doesn’t visit me tomorrow either. I was pretty excited to add using the TM to another of many “firsts”. Your neighborhood owl sounds pretty cool. I hope you had fun with your kiddos today.
Lorelei, I am glad your TM is still working fine. Even though ours is about 6 years old I don’t think ours has been used enough to have issues yet. I hope so anyway.
Steph, it sounds like you are certainly at a happy place; that is wonderful! I will try using the TM again tomorrow evening; it was fun.
Sharon, watching a movie is a great way to spend the time while exercising. I hope you aren’t getting sick since you have no appetite.
Ladypirate, I am like you that I don’t really eat a lot of diet food but use portion control on normal food. I like your hot chocolate / butterflies lyrics.
Shorblonde, I hope you are feeling okay tonight. Rest up for your dance class tomorrow.
DeeJay, yay for loosing 5.5 pounds. Enjoy your dinner at the steak house.
Jas, that sounds like a real chore doing one page per student for their grades. Yay for getting in so much exercising.

My list of foods:

2% cheese
Whole wheat Sara Lee buns 110 calories for sandwiches
2 T peanut butter
Homemade low fat pizza or lasagna (I get extra that way for lunches)
3 to 4 oz of lean beef or chicken cooked on the grill
4 to 5 oz of baked potato with a very THIN topping of real butter
Cheerios (my favorite BF) 1 oz 110 calories
Carrots, cucumbers and grape tomatoes
Fresh strawberries (15 cals per ounce)

My midmorning / afternoon snack might be a:

100 cal snacks especially Lorna Doones and Shortbread Sandy’s
100 cal popcorn bag
100 cal Doritos bag
Small Rice Krispies treat bar (80 calories)

My evening treats would consist of a choice of the following:

1 square Lindt milk chocolate bar 55 calorie
1 Dove promise (milk, dark or caramel filled) 45 calories
1 miniature dark Milky Way 35 calories
1 miniature 3 musketeers bar 25 calories
1 ww giant chocolate bar 110 calories
60 gm slow churned ice cream (100 to 150 cals for different flavors)
100 cal goldfish snack especially the cinnamon graham
8 oz can of coke (100 cals and a rare but special treat for me)

If I get really hungry this will curb my appetite:

6 almonds (about 35 calories)
10 plain goldfish (about 35 calories)
1 large dill pickle (about 20 calories and kills a craving for sweets)

Well, have a great evening!
Marcy

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all well today I walked 3 miles and while I was walking my sister called me to say she wanted to go to the gym in the evening. I said sure (I use to workout 2x a day once upon a time) so we did cardio for 20 mins and then weights for 45. My sister was showing me how to use the roller tubes, anyone know what I am talking about?!?!? They really hurt to use on the legs and hips!!! I think I will be sore tomorrow. Tomorrow we are meeting at the gym again; I wish she would join but my gym is so freaking expensive!! Oh well. I am excited because I got new Asics shoes too, yay! My favorite part of the day was when I saw my nephew and he is such a boy, he does not like hugs, but I got a huge hug today from him for some reason, awwww, life is good. hehee
9.gif

CrownJewel, Valerie Bertinelli is so cute; I am glad you saw the commercial. I use to love to watching One Day at a Time as a kid (probably before your time). hehe Wow, my knees are week like yours, no fun. I bet your trainer will help you lots; hope the knee improves!

Rod, at my gym they have people on a poster similar to rebuild Rod; how cool is that! I love that you are on a poster, yay for coming a long way baby!

Kimi, I am less snacky today, thank goodness, thanks! How was the observation today? I bet you soaked in a lot.

Steph, look great to me and I find it interesting how we worry about weight sometimes. I have a super close friend that is 5 '3 and wears a size 0 so don't let weight bother you if you fit into your wedding dress!

Mara, I hope Greg feels better soon! Hope you get to sleep in a little earlier tomorrow.

Sharon, yay for the bike!

Shortblonde, yay for the ellip! I keep meaning to try the pumpkin muffins.

DeeJay, yay for the ellip too! Enjoy dinner, you lucky girl!

Jas, yay for working out everyday, that is awesome!!!

Marcy, glad you saw VB, she is now my new inspiration and you too. hehee eta: yay for walking last night that is awesome and hope the toe gets better.

Hey Lady Pirate!

Love the lists all!!! Has anyone tried the Duncan Hines chocolate desserts that are 150 cals I think?? Hubby made chicken lentil soup and it smells great; off to get a bowl. Have a great evening all!
35.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Evening All!

A looooong day at the office as usual and sir Charlie just didn''t want to go to the gym as scheduled. So, I reluctantly agreed and (actually a day off once in a while won''t really hurt - in fact it will likely help give our muscles a little time to heal) and we went to our favorite little diner just down from Sbucks, then had a cup of coffee under the oak tree. It was just the most beautiful evening tonight. Comfortable, cool, but not chilly and a star filled sky! But, what I really found out was sir Charlie wanted to come home and use the new washer and dryer! I must admit that after not having the Whirlpool Duet for the last couple years (we had them in our last home) and now having them again, we really missed them. They really are terrific machines for sure! I splurged on dinner and had a Memphis Southern Fried Chicken sandwich and FRENCH FRIES (but only ate a few - SO GOOD YUMM). See Mara, I can splurge occassionaly! We''ll be back in the gym for sure tomorrow night!

Hey Kimberly, we''ll take some CC here!!!! It''s Charlie''s favorite for sure.

Sharon, don''t you find you are hungry after exercisng? I find that after a 2.5 hour grueling workout, I''m famished and have to eat pretty quickly or I''ll get a hunger headache. Good for you on the workouts

Good for you doing 65 minutes on the ellitptical for losing 5.5 pounds DeeJay!!! Enjoy your food day tomorrow too!

After reading everyone''s lists of healthy foods, I realized I am really limited in what I eat. But, here goes (it''s a short list at least):

Typical Breakfast: Fresh fruit (berries and banana, with fat free mile and 1 cup of Mature''s Path Organic Flax Plus Mutlipbran Cereal with 7g of Fiber and 500mg of Omega-3 fatty acids.

For snacks throughout the day, we eat raw (not processed) fresh almonds and fresh organically grown raisins mixed together. I eat a small handfull a couple times in morning and afternoon.

Fuji Apples Fuji Apples Fuji Apples (Love them!)

Lunch is usually food court mall fare, but we are lucky that our food court has two pretty healthy options. One is a healthy fast food place called Evo''s and they''re food is lower calorie and nothing is fried (things like fries and chicken strips are air baked- COOL!) and they have a number of soy burger or turkey burger type options that are low in calories and sodium. The other place we go has fresh grilled veggies and salads and healthy chicken dishes over yellow rice.

For an after gym treat and to help replace the protein used, we make protein shakes consisting of Muscle Milk protein powder, with ice cubes and fat free milk blended in the blender. It''s like a chocolate shake and is a real treat to boot!

For a good lowfat, tasty and more healthy salad dressing, I''ve mentioned this before, but we use "Vegannaise" a Mayo substitute with no cholesterol, virtually no fat (absolutely no trans fats), no sugars and 1/3 the calories of Mayo and tastes just as good, if not better than Mayo, mixed with Ketchup for a really nice Russian dressing that''s healthy for you.

That''s about all I can think of right now. Have a great night everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, it sounds like you were quite a workout lady today. Yay for getting a sweet hug from your nephew; that certainly was a highlight of your day. Thanks for saying I am an inspiration. A lady at work today told me I’d inspired a lot of people at work to start dieting and exercising. I know there has been a rash of it there in the last 6 months. I haven’t tried the DH desserts yet, I will have to look for them. My husband is easily bored with food so he likes to try new things.
Rod, your dinner sounds terrific and good for you splurging a little bit tonight. Enjoy your new washer and dryer. I must try Fuji apples; my favorite apples were criterion and I can’t find them in the store anymore. I generally buy gala or golden delicious.
Have a great Thursday.
Marcy

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Rod and Marcy, I love apples too! My favorites are granny smiths.

I''m enjoying (and getting a lot of good ideas from) everyone''s lists! Thanks for sharing, WWTers!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have thought of another thing I have, when I am craving protein I have 3 slices of low fat american cheese, this really helps to ease hunger if protein is what I need.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Good morning all! Hope everyone is doing well today. My inlaws are arriving in 2 days, so I am spending the day cleaning today
14.gif
. They are going to be staying with Andrew while we go on our cruise next week. I am so excited as this is the first trip for Adam and I alone in 3+ years since Andrew was born. Food and exercise has been really good the past few days. I felt like Skippy yesterday b/c I went for 2 long walks with the dog for a total of 4 miles. I''ve been eating really healhty and clean lately and hope all the food on the cruise will not derail me too much. My strategy is going to be eat light for breakfast and lunch and then enjoy dinner, but only have 1 or 2 desserts, not every night. I am not worried about getting extra cals from alcohol. This is going to be w/ Adam''s CEO and vice presidents, etc. so I wouldn''t want to make a bad impression. I might have 1 or 2 tropical drinks tops.

There is just so much going on for us right now. Right after the trip is over we are going to start looking at houses in Orlando. They want Adam to be at the new location by the first or second week of Feb. I am excited b/c we can actually afford a nice house there and our payments will go way down! I said to Adam, you know what that means.....more $$ for bling
31.gif
! He didn''t look very amused and reminded me that I said in our next move he could get his plasma tv he''s been wanting
3.gif
. Oh well, relationships take compromising I suppose!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Have any of you experienced comments about your weight from people/coworkers who are from a different country? It's happened to me so many times! Last night at work, I was chatting with a lady from cleaning services, and I was eating a piece of chocolate from Switzerland. She said to me, "how are you going to lose any weight if you keep eating chocolates?" I then mentioned that I had lost 5 pounds in the past few months. She said, "you don't look like you lost five pounds." I wasn't too upset by it, just because I don't think she meant it in a hurtful way. There is a doctor here that I work with who has made several comments about my weight and the things I eat. It's kind of funny but also a little hurtful. Like when I first started working here, I was about 105 pounds and fitting in my normal clothes. I thought I was invincible so I had a whole bagel with cream cheese. He said to me, "is all of that for you?" I said "yes" and he said "you eat like a pig!" He's from the Czech Republic. Recently, we had a department lunch and I saw him walking down the hall. I asked him if he had lunch yet. He said, "yes." I said, "Oh good. I did too." And he said, "I can tell." I'm STILL trying to find the humor in that one... And the last story...Many years ago I worked in an architecture firm with a woman from India. I used to work as an intern during my summer breaks from college. One day I walked in and she said, "Hi! You've put on weight!" I know she also didn't mean it in a hurtful way. Luckily I'm not too sensitive about my weight and I don't get too upset by their comments. But it bothers me a little because I've never forgotten these comments! My fiance thinks these comments are mean, but I think it's just because people in other countries don't think weight is such a sensitive issue.

Anyway, my stomach and sides are still sore from my workout. I think I'm going to call my trainer and tell her so, because I'M LOVING IT.

My favorite healthy snacks/foods are:
baby carrots with artichoke/chickpea hummus
fresh made guacamole
Stonyfield Farms Lowfat yogurt cups (especially peach)
Dannon Light n' Fit yogurt smoothie drink for when I'm late late late but must eat something
South Beach Diet recipe veggie mini quiche cups
Laughing Cow Light cheese cubes/wedges
tomato wedges with olive oil and salt/pepper
roasted brocolli with olive oil and salt/pepper

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Oh and my fave pre-workout fuel is either an apple or banana, or an Odwalla Sweet and Salty Almond bar!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, CJ some people are sooo rude! I can''t believe the kinds of things people say. I guess I am more senstive than you, but I would have been really hurt by those comments. You are so tiny anyway, I wouldn''t worry about it AT ALL. I would''ve had to say something back to the doctor who said you eat like a pig. I wouldn''t have been able to keep my mouth shut on that one.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2008 11:01:57 AM
Author: steph72276
Ugh, CJ some people are sooo rude! I can''t believe the kinds of things people say. I guess I am more senstive than you, but I would have been really hurt by those comments. You are so tiny anyway, I wouldn''t worry about it AT ALL. I would''ve had to say something back to the doctor who said you eat like a pig. I wouldn''t have been able to keep my mouth shut on that one.
Me too, I think it is best never to pass comment on a lady''s age or her weight/ dress size!!! That is extremely rude, I don''t know why some people think they have the right to make remarks like that, it can be very hard to not take it personally!

Never you mind CJ, you are gorgeous and tiny!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
morning all!!!

thanks so much for posting your lists of goodies that you love. i always need new ideas and i think it will help the newbies and lurkers out at as well. i am always on the hunt to find new goodies at the store that i haven''t tried. picked up a 8 pack of 140 cal pringle mini packs yesterday for snacks. not bad actually...if you need a ''crunch'' on your tongue. but typically i won''t eat stuff like that because it has zippo nutritional value.

it''s amazing, because in the old days i would just eat whatever. and sometimes i still do. but more often than not now, i am thinking well i am hungry, but what can i eat that will be tasty AND give me some fuel for my body or some assistance in some way with it. i will almost always go for that item over whatever else i was contemplating, unless of course it''s a donut or piece of cake because for whatever reason, when confronted with massive amounts of processed sugar in the form of a dessert...all rationale flys out the window hahah.

last nite we had grilled arichokes with aioli, roasted chicken breast and the rest of the moroccan olive bread from TJ''s. yummy dinner. dessert i found a lone see''s truffle in the pantry that i brought home from my mom''s during xmas. sure hit the spot. and then we shared this funny slovakian wafer treat thing that my neighbor''s parents gave to us called Horalky. i ate more of it than greg but it was good. their desserts are so much less sweet than what we have here in America, i really liked it, probably slightly healthier too.

this morning because greg is still home sick, i made myself some cream of wheat and him some oatmeal with real maple syrup and we both had brown sugar. english muffins with light butter. coffee. now that my call is done, i''ll head into work...it''s kind of nice having greg at home even though he''s sick...but it just makes me want to stay at home more rather than go to work, go work out etc.

speaking of working out, last nite i went to the gym downstairs and did 30 min run/walk combo on the treadmill for 2.25 miles and 250 calories burned. not bad. then did some jump rope and leg intervals. tonite with the trainer (the one who tortures me) i am going to ask to do shoulders/back and abs. he will really make me burn. then i have zumba afterwards and we have a new instructor who is supposed to be a firecracker so it should be fun.

i weighed myself last nite at the gym again and supposedly i lost another lb. i don''t know that i believe the scale but i''m at 136 now. i''ve been pretty steady around 138ish for the last few months, so this is quite odd, but whatever. i figure after the wkd it will be back up. clothes still fit the same. maybe it was a bit of muscle lost from not doing as much resistance over the holidays.

CJ...yay for being sore, that is definitely a great sign that you worked out the right way and in areas that don''t get much movement. as for comments from people around you, people love to comment on weight. i wouldn''t let it get you up or down at all.
steph, i''m so jealous of your upcoming trip, sounds like it''ll be fun even if it is kind of work related.
rod, good for you on splurging last nite, though you should have had more than a few french fries. i find ff''s are a weakness for me for sure if they are really good.
lorelei, i love a string cheese when i need a snack or protein as well. slices are too hard for me to eat without being messy so whoever invested the stick form is my hero. hhee.
ladypirate, ahh gotcha re: the song, it''s cute.
skippy, good for you on the walk. aren''t the roller tubes to help stretch out your muscles after a workout? runners supposedly love them.

speaking of VB and JC..i saw her new ad in the people mag i got this wkd...she looks great..good for her. hopefully she sticks with it. i don''t even remember what shows she used to be in but she was so super cute when she was younger and she actually has aged pretty well.

anyhow, time for work, have a great day all!! oh and other lurkers, post more lists!
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Greetings and Salutations on this fine Morning!
35.gif
Boy am I sore
6.gif
; my legs got a good workout yesterday! Well the foam roller I used yesterday is suppose to help w/stretching your muscles to maintaining elasticity and also good for the core; I liked using them. My gym offers a class for this too so I might sign up for it. My sister and I are going to the gym tonight; we plan on doing some cardio (probably the bike) and the a pilates class (this will be my first class).

Today I need to run the the grocery store because I am out of my favorite bread. I like CJ's idea on what helps hold me over from lunch to workout to dinner. Before my workout I will eat a few almonds or a cheese stick which helps me. I am also meeting a friend for lunch who just left the firm I use to work for and she left to start a new business on her own so it will be fun to catch up w/her today!
9.gif

Steph, you will be fine on your cruise and how exciting! I bet they will have a lot of good fruit and seafood. When I went on vacation I didn't end up gaining much weight because I went for the crablegs, sushi and fruit; sounds like you have a great plan!

Mara, yes they are for strething but I guess we get pockets of super tight muscles and if you roll on your hips, it is amazing how painful it is but it get's easier each time. It also is for core exercises like sit ups; you can sit on them and do sit ups. I love the TJ's thin pretzel's; they are yummy and I think ?14 are 100 cals and filling! How sweet for you to make brekkie for Greg; hope he gets better soon. I agree VB is adorable; she was on One Day at a Time when I was a kiddo; she is still adorable and looks great!

Crown, I think all kinds of people can say the weirdest rudest stuff, can you roll your eyes at them?
2.gif
heheee Enjoy your walk at lunch! You look great to me!

Rod, yay for trying out the new washer; I am like Charlie, when we get new stuff I get super excited to try it out. We got hedge clippers when we first bought our house and I was sooo excited to clip some hedges. hehee Happy washing, it would be fun to have a new washer/dryer.

Marcy, you do need to try fuji apples, make sure they look ripe; I bought some green ones that were too tart. Then I bought ripe ones and they are sooo sweet and delicious!!! I use to love gala but now I am hooked on fuji. I could see how inspiring you are to the people at work; your success is contagious, yay!

Hey Ladypirate glad the lists gave you ideas; they did for me too!

Lorelei, a piece of cheese is filling for me too
1.gif

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
hello everyone! Sorry I''ve been MIA this week. But I have nothing to report...i know!! I need to get my butt in gear w/ the workouts. I am planning on going after work today. I made sure to not ''forget'' my gym bag.

CJ - i hear you on comments from people! It''s so hurtful. My best friend and I work together and she is super skinny even after popping out 2 kids (never worked out a day in her life). One day a co-worker comes up to us and is talking about working out. So she says to my friend "oh you don''t need to worry about working out", then turns to me and says "but now you (points), you need to work out now." Ahhh...I''m a super sensitive person in general, but things like that really hurt me. I''m not even that big! I mean I wear a freakin xsmall/small in tops (size 6 on bottom though) It''s ridiculous!

anyway, on the eating front haven''t had any major slip ups.

my low-cal snack list:

clementines for sure!
various 100 cal packs
fiber-one bars
apples and bananas, or any fruit really
fage (although I got sick of that so haven''t had it in awhile)

enjoy your day everyone!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I have been insanely busy at work this week, today was my first chance to excericse. 30 minutes on the elliptical. Also we have a new member in our group that now sits next to me and she always works out during lunch too, so I have an accountability partner.

Last night I had one of Mara''s favorites for dinner...Chicken Pot Pie!

My favorite snacks during the workday:
Granny Smith apples
Kashie Granola Bars--Trail Mix

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results